Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2014 Mothers-To-Be!

1. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

Such cute bumps ladies!!! I'm embarrassed to post mine bec my photo at 12 weeks looks more like I'm 20 weeks it doesn't help that I'm very heavy chested to begin with...

Surprisingly I haven't gained any weight so don't know what to make of it lol

2. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: haha thanks! Don't feel so cute nowadays but whatever. I am thankful my work scrubs are pretty forgiving in the comfort department, I can't imagine having to wear suits every day I hope your new scrubs will be super comfy!

@cmbknyc: I haven't gained any weight either but I am totally bloated and showing. Your bump is adorable though! Yesterday we were in the car and DH rubbed my belly and was like "you're starting to show!" I had to break it to him that, sorry, the baby is still really low and this is bloating and fat.

3. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@cmbknyc: awww you look adorable! And I know how you feel, I've actually lost some weight and can't believe how far my belly is sticking out already! By the end of the day I look like I'm due

4. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

Just signed on to share the fact that I just finished eating an ice cream sundae...and it's 10pm.

P.S. Cute bumps, everyone!!

5. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@bunnylovesbear: I may or may not have had a drumstick ice cream cone for lunch... and peach tea lol... so healthy

6. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@bushelandapeck: lovely bump, it looks super cute and neat.
    @cmbknyc: don't be embarrassed, yor bump is beautiful! I love when bumps are lovely and round. You must struggle to hide it, is there anyone you haven't told yet?

I've got my 16 week appointment today which I think is just blood pressure, pee in a cup and get results from the thousand blood samples they have taken. We got our nt result yesterday too which was low. So far so good, hoping all normal today.

7. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Thanks you, you too! And I love your cheetah pj pants, I'm a sucker for animal prints. Lol my DH said the same thing, I was like the baby is the size of a lime, I'm pretty sure this is just me looking fat haha

@cyndistar3: Thank you, so do you! right??!!? I'm scared about how I'm going to look in the third trimester!!

@bunnylovesbear: YUM, I read this before bed last night and then wanted a sundae with chocolate fudge and a cherry. Lol.

@Mrs tartan: awww thank you, you're so sweet! I had to tell my office at 9 weeks because I was so ill from morning sickness so luckily I don't have to hide anything. My local friends also know so it hasn't been too much of a challenge! SO happy your NT scan went well, we have ours today. Luckily they give you your results on the same day. WOW 16 weeks! Good luck with your appt today

8. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@cmbknyc: at this rate I have a feeling I'm going to look like octomom... lol

On another note, I just opened my period tracker and it notified me that I am 60 days late! Hahaha

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@cmbknyc: How did the scan go?

@Mrs tartan: Thank you! I can't believe some of us are 16 weeks already! Seems unreal.

I'm feeling a little better this week but still experiencing severe heartburn/indigestion nearly everyday. The insomnia is also still a frequent occurrence and I'm exhausted today because of it.

On a fun note, DH and I are starting to think about names and he's 100% convinced that we are having a girl. He's even had a dream about it apparently. Lol. I guess we will find out in 3 weeks! Are any of you thinking about names? Any that you want to share?

10. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@bushelandapeck: could not have asked for better results! Feeling very blessed thank you for asking!

I hear you on the heartburn/indigestion , it affects me a little during the day but usually hits me hard at night. Having good days and bad days with the nausea still which stinks I'm so sorry you have insomnia, it must be especially hard with a LO to look after and work! I'm sleeping but it's very restless and uncomfortable.

How fun if your DH's dream turns out to be true! I have a loooooooongl list of names but no top contenders yet. It's going to be a challenge lol

11. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

I am going to stay taking weekly bump pictures today! And it's gotta be in the morning when I'm not super bloated. I am hungry ALL THE TIME. It's absolutely crazy.

Next week Thursday we go for our early ultrasound to see if we can tell what Baby P is! So excited! DH had a dream last night that we are having a . We will see

12. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Mrs.Panda: ooooooo how exciting!!! Can't wait to find out if your DH is right Ours isn't until May 12th, boooo

13. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs.Panda: so exciting!! I wanted to find out this week but there were no appointments that worked for us. Guess we will just have to wait a few more weeks! DH had a dream ours is a girl too so I'm eager to see if he's right.

14. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs.Panda: that's awesome! I have an ultrasound on the same day! I'm hoping we will be able to get an idea of what we are having because this is killing me! I'm not counting on it though, we are probably going to have to wait til June Dh had a dream that it's a boy, I'm not contributing any guesses either way! Lol

15. lioneyes

persimmon / 1286 posts

14 weeks tomorrow, and maaaaayyybe starting to feel a little bit better. had a good day yesterday, and this morning has been so far, so good. still doing the unisom/b6 every. single. night. but i only have like 9 more pills and i refuse to buy more. anyone else still using this combo, and for how long? (i've been since week 6. hope it's ok, trying not to stress too much about it, but i don't love taking that much medicine, even class b that my dr. is fine with.)

16. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cmbknyc: @bushelandapeck: @cyndistar3: I wanted to do it a little later to get a more accurate look, but the place I want to use is going through some changes and some of the techs are going on vacation, so this was the only time that worked for us. I hope they can see something! We will be rechecking closer to 18 weeks to confirm. I hope they can see because this wait is killing me!

The other day DH said we should wait until we are 20 weeks and I about had a break down. Needless to say, we kept our appointment for 13w3d

Here is a pic of me at 12w3d! I am having serious bat wings today.

17. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Awww super duper cute pic!!

18. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@lioneyes: I didn't take the meds, although in hindsight I should have. I have some ok low level nausea days and A LOT of very bad days still at 13 weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 14 weeks is my magic number, as well! Hope you keeping feeling better and better!!!!

19. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@bushelandapeck: We have our boy name chosen...which probably means we're having a girl. Lol. We're thinking Zachary Michael. Zachary is a nod to my grandmother; her name is Zakie. And the middle name is after my husband's best friend...we would love to make him a godfather, but my MIL would never forgive us if we didn't choose family. Our girl name for our DS was Aubrey Michelle...I still absolutely love it, but Aubrey's popularity is a major turnoff. Michelle is my middle name, so we are 99% sure we will stick with that. (Our DS has my husband's middle name.)

I'm liking Elizabeth for a girl...with the nickname Lizzie. Our last name is a two syllable L name, so I think it sounds so adorable together. My husband's not totally sold yet, though.

20. hellocupcake

persimmon / 1171 posts

I don't keep up with the thread as much as if like but browsing through and so jealous of all the bump pictures! I don't think I have one pregnant picture so far. Uhoh.

Side note: does anyone get so hungry they throw up? I am always hungry and I eat every 2/3 hours but if for some reason I don't I'll get so hungry I throw up. I'm still nursing our 16 month old 4/5 times a day and wondering if that's the problem.

My next appointment is the 29th but I'm scared to ask since the doctor already suggested I wean her but I have no clue where to start

21. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs.Panda: so cute!
    @bunnylovesbear: love the names you have so far! Aubrey is on our list for girls but I'm not 100% on it. I like some of the kore popular names but won't use them just for that fact. Boy names are so tough because there are so few I really like. I only really love Owen but it's super popular right now so I don know if I would want to use it. My maiden name begins with an O so I think Owen O would be cute but who knows. Lol. @hellocupcake: when I was pregnant in the fall (subsequently miscarried) I was still nursing DS and I found that I would get super nauseous when I was hungry. I ended up weaning him a few months later when he was 16.5 months and I haven't had the same issue during this pregnancy. I was lucky because he self weaned so I don't have any advice for you about that....maybe talk with a lactation consultant or check out KellyMom online?

22. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

Whoohoo - got our harmony test results today! No bad news on any of the tests and we know we're having a girl! I haven't bought a single thing for baby yet, and I'm so excited to go shopping! I felt bad because I was hoping for a girl all along, but now I feel just fine about it since she turned out to be one!

I'm still loving all these bump pics! I'm at 14 weeks and officially can't button 90% of my pants...

23. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@hellocupcake: yes, that happens to me, it happened last time too! Very inconvenient sometimes... one time I forgot to eat breakfast before church so we went out to eat after and while we were walking up to the restaurant I got a big whiff of the food and threw up stomach bile on the sidewalk

As for names I love Logan for a boy, dh is meh about it because he wants a Jr. I really really do not. We have no idea what we would name another girl lol...

24. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Rocker2014: that's great! Yay for a girl, congrats

25. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@Rocker2014: congrats!! Seems like we have lots of baby girl announcements so far!

@bushelandapeck: thank you! I do still LOVE the name Aubrey. It's back on our list; I'm just bummed it's gained popularity over the past two years.

@hellocupcake: I don't actually get sick, but if I get too hungry that's the only time I actually feel nauseous.

Guilty indulgence of the night: eating Nutella by the spoonful for "dessert." Apparently I'm on a sweet tooth kick!!

26. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

@cyndistar3: thanks!

@bunnylovesbear:thanks, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's sweet tooth is back in force -- my "dessert" was half a bag of marshmallows

27. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@Rocker2014: I had a terrible time deciding which to eat by the spoonful: the Nutella, caramel sauce, or hot fudge. The Nutella was the easiest (no heating necessary) so it won my little sweet tooth competition. Lol.

28. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

@bunnylovesbear:that seems like perfectly reasonable decision making to me!

Ps. I may have baked cookies this morning to celebrate a four day weekend...and eaten three already...

29. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Welp, I'm officially wearing maternity pants. I tried really hard all week to hold out, but this morning my clean pants were Not Going To Button, so I broke down and broke out the maternity ones. I was hoping to wait until 12 weeks, but I think I'm either 12 tomorrow or Monday so I figure...whatever. I'm sooooo comfortable right now, why do all pants not have elastic waistbands?

30. Mirage

grape / 81 posts

Hey Everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I have been SUPER nauseated and sick so I really haven't been posting, but I have been reading up an all your awesome stories

We are 16 weeks today and hoping the sickness with subside. We just got our DNA results back and everything is super low risk 1/10000! So happy! It's been really stressful because I have a sister with special needs, so it was a sensitive topic for us. We also found out we are having a baby BOY! So crazy to think, and I think it has made everything a lot more real. Everyone was saying it was going to be a boy, and I think a part of me though it was a girl so it's taking a little adjusting. I feel horrible for not being super excited. I think this weather isn't helping either

Anyways sorry again for not updating!

31. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I don't know why we all resist the maternity pants so much, they're so dang comfy! I embraced them around 10 weeks even though I could technically still button my pants lol!

32. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mirage: hey there! Glad to hear your results came back good! And I hear ya on the adjusting part, when we found out #2 was another girl it took me a bit to accept it because I was pretty sure I was having a boy and we were hoping for a boy. But don't worry as time goes on you won't be able to imagine it any differently

33. Mirage

grape / 81 posts

@cyndistar3. Thanks so much for the kind words! My husband and dad are SUPER excited that it's a boy, so I guess I'm just feeling like a horrible person for being a little disappointed. I'm sure that in a few days it will all be behind me. I'm just super hormonal so everything is getting to me lol!

@Ms.mermaid I just caved and bought a pair of maternity pants and a skirt and I seriously think we should rebrand them as comfort pants and wear them all the time! The only thing I have had a problem with is finding shirts that don't creap up

34. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@Rocker2014: hooray! Another girl! congrats!

35. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Rocker2014: congratulations!!!!
    @Mirage: congratulations on the great numbers and for finding out its a boy! I had some initial diss appointment when we found out DS was a boy, but honestly it went away after a week or so and I couldn't be happier now.

36. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@bushelandapeck: how's your indigestion? Any better? I'm finding myself drinking lots of milk, I think that's helping me a bit as I was getting it too.
    @Mrs.Panda: you can tell as early as 13 weeks if baby is blue or pink? I had no idea! I thought it was 16plus, my first scan I was 13+2, she didn't even mention if she could see. She did call it a he, but told us she calls all babies he. I wonder if there was anything in it!
    @hellocupcake: I was always feeling nauseous if I didn't constantly eat, I had packets and packets of nibbles everywhere to keep me going! Thankfully at 14 weeks that went away.
    @Rocker2014: congrats on your little girl
    @Mirage: congrats on your little boy, don't feel bad! I keep thinking I'm having a boy, I think about life with a boy and I think if I found out I was having a girl I would also be shocked. This makes me think ill have a girl and I'm starting to wonder if team green is the best way forward if I'm not 100% prepared for either. My next scan is not until may 14th! Ill be 20+2 so still lots of time to decide.

Something interesting happened today...I think I felt the baby move. Just 3 little tapping or popping feeling, but something I don't think I can mistake for anything else eeeeeek. 16weeks and 4 days.

37. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Mrs tartan: awww yay for feeling movement!

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs tartan: I wish I could have milk but I'm allergic to all dairy I end up drinking a lot of soda water instead. I would really love to have some ice cream!

39. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@bushelandapeck: gahhhh poor you! Hope you manage to find something to help soon. My DH had acid reflux and he got made to drink cold peppermint tea. I think mint calms things down. Maybe worth a go if you are desperate.

40. hellocupcake

persimmon / 1171 posts

@bushelandapeck: I keep hoping she'll self wean but so far no end in sight. Sorry about your previous loss

@cyndistar3: good to know it does happen and it can be "normal". Thanks I just hope the nausea doesn't last 6 months like with my first LO

@Ms.Mermaid: maternity pants are the best! I've been living in dresses which are my all time favorite, no time for pants over here

@Mrs tartan: I feel like a hoarder. All my snacks are scattered throughout the house. To top it off, I almost cried when I found out someone ate the rest of the chips I was saving for my afternoon snack. Not the healthiest thing but salty snacks are keeping me alive at this point So embarrassing

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee