Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@NovBaby1112: lurking but saw you posted and just bought a bunch of stuff online! Yay! Thx for heads up!

2. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hellobeeboston: np! I think the 45% off ends at noon though! I just went into the maternity sale section and got 45% off some stuff there...needed more pants!!

3. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

Just wondering if anyone has experience with symptoms fading? I'm 9w5d, and the past two or three days I haven't really felt pregnant at all. I've also had light spotting on and off the past two weeks, so I'm pretty worried now with the lack of symptoms.

4. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Willow: if you are worried, I would for sure call your OB and see if you can get in for an u/s. Did you have a 1st appt already! I hope everything is ok!

5. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@hilsy85: I have my first appointment (with a midwife) on Tuesday... so I guess I'm just looking for a little reasurrance to get me through the next few days. Thanks!

6. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@Willow: I will be 11 weeks on Monday and don't have anything going on. Aside from about three days of feeling any kind of queasiness around 8 weeks I've only had food aversions--nothing sounds good and that isn't necessarily completely out of norm for my personality. I'm indecisive when it comes to food. While my breasts feel larger I've had no pain or soreness through the pregnancy so far. Anyway, all this to say, I'm kind of in the same boat and everything was perfect during my first doctor visit at 8 weeks 5 days. Praying for you and hoping Tuesday comes quickly for you!

7. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@Bea: That is encouraging to hear Thanks, I appreciate it!

8. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@Willow: I haven't had any spotting (but know a ton of friends who did with healthy pregnancies!) but I've had almost no symptoms this pregnancy so far. I've been MIA from this board because I was worried after a miscarriage, but now I'm in a better place - had an ultrasound done at 7 weeks and also just had my 10 week checkup, and heard baby's heartbeat w/ the Doppler with a strong heartbeat of 180 so I'm much more relaxed now about the lack of symptoms and considering myself lucky. My boobs feel bigger/heavier and I only had a few random days of nausea in the earlier days, but that's it! I'm sure everything is fine with your little one, but I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you until your next appointment.

9. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@hilsy85: How did the rest of the bloodwork go? Did your DH end up testing negative?

Anyone else have a guess on gender? I won't find out until end of May because that's when we scheduled the anatomy scan - I'll be 19 weeks. I would love to have a girl since I have a boy already and we only want two kids, but I have a feeling it's another boy. Can't wait to find out!

10. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@NurseDMB: I'm thinking boy, too! No reason really besides that this pregnancy is so different than my first. I really have no preference - it would be great to have a boy to have one of each, but I would love for DD to have a sister. we will be team green so we won't find out for a while !

11. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@Charm54: Ahh you have a lot of willpower! I think it would be so cool to be team green, but I'm way too impatient

12. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@NurseDMB: thanks I ended up calling the midwife, and she said she will try to find the heartbeat with the Doppler on Tuesday, and give me a requisition to get an ultrasound done. I'm hoping I'm also just lucky that I'm not feeling too sick

Oh and we're team green as well, but at the moment I'm feeling like it might be a girl?

13. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Willow: hoping you have a great appointment Tuesday to put your worries at ease! I wouldn't worry about symptoms fading though- I think that's common towards the end of first tri. I know mine were the worst weeks 5-9, and they started easing up around 10/11 weeks.

@NurseDMB: im finding out hopefully next week and I have such a strong feeling it's a boy. I was thinking girl in the beginning, but now I can only picture boy. I will be shocked if it's girl! I wpuld love either- a sister for DD or a baby brother, just excited to find out!!

14. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

team green for us and unfortunately after two days of not feeling 100% but no sickness it has come back full force.

15. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

16. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: adorable!! Love your announcement! You girls are too cute and you look beautiful!

17. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: love the announcement... You and your girls are all so pretty!

@NurseDMB: DH & I think boy because it's been so different than my last pregnancy. But then whenever I feel like I'm getting overconfident in my guessing I think "no, I bet I'm wrong and it's a girl." Lol

18. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @NovBaby1112: thank you!!

19. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: aw cute!!! Your girls are so pretty :)@NurseDMB: we will find out about DHs bloodwork next week!

20. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: So cute!

I've gotten so far behind on this thread. I'm still not sure if I think it's a boy or a girl but we have an elective ultrasound to find out on April 18.

LO started to get congested a few days ago so I now feel terrible again. Congestion, headaches, neck pain, all of that. And on top of that, my nausea never fully went away but I threw up again last night and this morning. I feel so bad for those of you who have it so much worse though because this has been rough enough for me, especially with an active LO.

21. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: I love it!

22. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: LOVE!! So cute!

I don't know if I think it's a boy or girl! I can't get a handle on it.

23. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: So cute!

24. BSB

So I'm feeling much better. The meds I'm taking are reglan and zofran and the reglan is taken every 6 hrs and zofran every 8. Well, I was making sure I took the 6 hr med, which I thought was zofran. Well, after I realized that I started making sure I took all my meds at the right times and I'm feeling so much better. I was a zombie at work these last few weeks but yesterday and Thursday was 95% better. Not feeling 100% but I can actually get things done instead of wanting to lay down and sleep all day. Woohoo!
    Oh last weekend, I gave in and we announced at 10 weeks. Here is what we posted on FB and IG.

I edited out my last name.

Oh, I posted the photo with... "We have a secret! #ivftwins #itworked

25. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bluestriped bee: glad you are feeling better and sweet announcement, yay twins! Your pups are also very cute, love that they are looking AT the ultrasound!

26. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@bluestriped bee: cute! Glad you're feeling better!!

I think we will probably wait to announce until after the NT scan and the results, so sometime around 13/14 weeks. I bought a "I'm a big brother" book for LO, so I might take a photo of him reading it--I feel like I stole that idea from one of you ladies??

27. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@bluestriped bee: Thread Stalking...

28. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hilsy85: I don't know if I posted it but we had wanted to do that. LO wouldn't read the book though so this is what we ended up posting.

29. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@bluestriped bee: Love it!

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@bluestriped bee: glad you are feeling better! What a cute announcement

@BelugaBean: so cute! Your DD has amazing curls

We bought a big sister book for LO, and got her on video saying "NO" when I asked if she was going to be a big sis, and then proceeds to kick the book lol, so we might just post that! or once we find out the sex, do something fun for that and announce that way- haven't decided yet, but it'll be within the next week or so!

31. Mrs. Pickle

@BelugaBean: that's so cute!

I also want to wait until after the NT scan to announce. I'm thinking I'll post to FB and IG on DH and my anniversary, which is mid April. We'll be in Hawaii. I thought it would be a nice backdrop for a photo. I'll be 15 weeks then.

32. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hilsy85: that'll be cute!

@BelugaBean: I think it turned out really nice even if it wasn't the original plan!! We bought dd that shirt too, but I don't know if we will use it to announce.

@Leialou: when is your NT scan?

I had my NT scan on Thursday but I won't get the results of the blood test part until Monday. I told a couple more people but still holding off til probably the 20wk scan for the social media announcment. I hit the second trimester right after someone else's due date so that's out..hopefully everyone who finds out before then keeps it off the internet! So far so good.

33. Mrs. Pickle

@2littlepumpkins: I don't know yet! I'm seeing my OB for the first time Monday. I'll be 13 weeks Tuesday so I hope she schedules it ASAP.

34. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Leialou: yeah I know the blood part has to be done by 13w6d (at least that's what the form said.) It has to be soon.

35. BSB

@NovBaby1112: @2littlepumpkins: @hilsy85: @BelugaBean: thank you!

@BelugaBean: cute announcement!!

36. BSB

My sister just asked me if and when we are doing genetic testing and NT scan. She said it's done around 12 weeks.

I see the MFM on April 7th. I'll be 12 weeks and the next time I see the OB will be 16 weeks. Oh, I graduated from the RE two weeks ago at 9 weeks. Now, I wait til the 7th for the next appt.

37. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

@hilsy85: I totally was thinking of the book idea, too! Except DS is 20 months and I'm not sure he's going to cooperate and sit still, lol. I love the idea though

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Love the announcement! So cute.

@bluestriped bee: Adorable!!

We are waiting to announce after the NT scan -- I scheduled it for April 14th. Our insurance doesn't cover it this time for some reason so we'll be paying out of pocket - I'm sure my OB thinks I'm nuts but oh well - I just couldn't wait until 19 weeks for the next ultrasound! I found the NT scan reassuring last time.

38. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Hi team. Love your announcements.

Yesterday I took miralax and had a hell of a day. Woke up with terrible cramps every hour or so. I've had sharp pangs all day. Then tonight I had some brown spotting when I wiped. I hope I just strained myself going to the bathroom yesterday, but I'm still freaked out. We have an appt on Tuesday for testing etc but I'm going to call tomorrow. I'll be 11w on Tuesday. Anyone else had spotting this late?

39. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

I have an ultrasound tomorrow a.m! I will be 14+1. This is exactly how far along I was when they told us our first daughter was "probably" a girl. The sonographer said she felt very confident, but not to rush out and buy lots of pink until I was a bit farther along. I wonder if they will be able to make a pretty good guess tomorrow? I'm dying to know!

40. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: oooo nice, Hawaii! That sounds amazing!

@babybronco: I'm sorry, I would have freaked out too, but I think the cramps and straining are prob what did it- I'd call either way just to be safe!

@Rainbow Sprinkles: exciting! I think a good sonographer would be able to tell at 14+ weeks- get some pics either way!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee