Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@natalie403: Congrats on your baby !!

2. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @BELUGABEAN: @HILSY85: @CHARM54: @2LITTLEPUMPKINS: @NOVBABY1112: @bluestriped bee: Thank you so much!!!

Was also told I had an anterior placenta which I guess just means I will not necessarily feel baby move as early as some! Anyone else have this?

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@natalie403: I have it as well! I have felt some movements, maybe once or twice a day in the last week though, starting at 17w5d. It's def not consistent though.

4. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@hilsy85: I thought I had read someone else on here mention it but it's a lot of pages to fish through I am 18w2d and I don't think I have felt anything yet!

5. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@natalie403: I think I have only felt anything because I'm a 2nd time mom and I"ve heard you just feel things earlier. I think it's normal to not feel movement, regardless of placenta position, til 20-21 weeks at least!

ETA with LO1 I had a posterior placenta and still didn't feel him til 19 weeks.

6. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

I should try sleeping on my side more but I've always been a belly sleeper. I don't fully sleep on my belly now, but its more lopsided with one leg up, so I don't think a lot of pressure is on my belly. I had severe hip pain from sleeping on my side my first pregnancy, and I'm terrified of that happening again.

I just had a mild panic attack last night laying in bed thinking about everything I need to do before this baby arrives, and then I realized I'm halfway there and time is flying so quickly this time, I am sure the second half will too!

7. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: it IS flying by compared to the first time around! I had a nightmare a few nights ago in which, basically, I did not handle two kids well AT ALL. Woke up and was so relieved it was just a dream!!

8. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@hilsy85: Oh that is good to know!! I figured it was still early but I'm kinda bummed at the idea of not feeling for even longer.. I was just relieved everything else looked fine!!

@NovBaby1112: I have been mostly on back and sides! I was going to start researching those pregnancy pillows.... I don't even know where to start?! lol

9. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@natalie403: I have an anterior placenta too. I think I've started to feel small movements this week. I'm 19w3d now. It's definitely subtle, but unlike anything I've felt before so I don't know what else it could be other than the baby!

10. natalie403

grape / 91 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Oh that is exciting!!! I can't wait... I have no idea what to expect!! I bet it will start while we are away on our babymoon and I will think it's something wrong with me cause I'm crazy lol!

11. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@bluestriped bee: My next ultrasound appointment is on Monday. Last time there was a doctor who came in afterwards to discuss my results with me, so hopefully I get to talk to her again this time. If not, my next appointment with my OB isn't until June 10th (although they said I could come in sooner if I was concerned about anything).

12. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@natalie403: I loved my Snoogle pillow (my husband hated it). I will be breaking it out soon this time around!

13. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

Our anatomy scan went great today! She's still a girl and everything looked awesome with both of us! She's definitely active though so I think I'll have my hands full with two energetic little girls!

14. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@natalie403: I have an anterior placenta as well. I'm 17w1d, first time mom, and haven't felt any movement yet. I think my midwife told me not to expect to feel anything until like 21 weeks?
    I was disappointed too when I found out- I can't wait to be able to feel it

15. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@natalie403: @Willow: I had an anterior placenta with my first. I felt him for the first time about 18 weeks and it was 24-25 weeks before I felt movement consistently. It was hard to wait!

@NovBaby1112: @natalie403: I love my body pillow, I'm a stomach sleeper and can still comfortably lie on my stomach now (18 weeks) but don't think that will last much longer so I'll be busting it out soon.

FYI for everyone, don't stress too much about sleep - as my OB told me when I was concerned about waking up on my back towards the end of my last pregnancy, if that was all it took to endanger the human race, we'd be in trouble

16. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@BelugaBean: aw cute pic! yay for a good anatomy scan.

@cranberry: hope your appt today goes well!

@NovBaby1112: I made a registry on amazon this weekend and it actually made me feel better because we don't need that much stuff! Maybe that would help you feel more relaxed? what stuff do you need to get done?

hope everyone had a good weekend! Good news is I have started to feel some movement as well--very reassuring!! Bad news is I think I am starting to get varicose veins in my legs I am expecting them to only get worse as the weather gets warmer. Boo! Anyone else have them? I didn't really have them with LO1 but my mom and sister do (although my sister's have faded since giving birth).

17. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@BelugaBean: cute pic! So glad everything looked good!

@shellio: that's good to hear...I was paranoid about it my first pregnancy but I've been more relaxed this time about sleeping however. I should buy a new body pillow though- good idea.

@hilsy85: I should probably start a registry too- just to see what stuff we may need that I'm not thinking of! I know I will need more nursing supplies, newborn clothes, but I'm just totally blanking on other things! I'm mostly stressed about stuff we need to do around the house- like declutter, organize some rooms, and re do the nursery and do some unfinished projects- I feel like the list never ends and I'm just not motivated at all!

18. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@NovBaby1112: I haven't been motivated at all regarding house stuff either. The new baby's room will be in a room that has essentially been used for storage (and for my clothes closet- my husband uses the small closet in our bedroom and mine was in this spare room), so I have a lot of stuff to go through. I'm counting on getting a burst of motivation when I'm a little further along like I did with LO1. If not, I'll just have to set aside a weekend this summer and make myself do it. I'm excited to set it up as a nursery, but I have a lot of work to do before I get to that point...

My ultrasound appointment went well today- at least in the sense that nothing looked worse than last week. My cervix was about the same length, which is borderline short, and my blood clot wasn't any bigger. The bleeding has gotten much better though over the past couple of days so I was hoping it would be smaller, but not yet. But nothing is any worse, and although these things could cause something bad to happen, I think I could also just go through the whole pregnancy with them as they are too. I feel better about it than I did last week and for now I'm just going to try not to worry too much about it. I'm glad they are monitoring things though- I have another ultrasound scheduled for next week on Wednesday.

Today was the first time they did a 3D ultrasound of the baby's face and they printed out a copy for me. It's amazing what a little person she looks like already.

19. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: here is some of the stuff I added:
    mattress/mattress cover (for LO1's toddler bed)
    crib sheets
    nursing stuff
    bottles/nipples/bottle brush
    new health stuff (nosefrida, vit D drops, thermometer)
    pacis
    swaddle blankets/swaddles
    socks
    newborn/girl clothes, esp the side snap t shirts
    towels
    bibs
    new video monitor

and that's really it! We are also getting a pack n play bc we didn' have one before, and a bouncer, but those aren't necessities. Made me feel better that it was a manageable amount! I also can't start adding to the nursery til we get LO's toddler bed, which won't be til August probably.

@cranberry: glad your appt went well and I hope the clot shrinks!

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@cranberry: that's good news that the clot hasn't gotten larger and your cervix is the same- hipefully it will stay that way the rest of your pregnancy so you won't have to worry- I'm sure it's hard not knowing, I feel the same way about some issues I'm having.

@hilsy85: thank you for posting that!! We will def need a lot of that stuff as well- looks like it won't be too bad though!

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@cranberry: that's good news! Jealous that you have a 3d pic!

22. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@hilsy85: Thanks! And also thanks for posting your registry list- you inspired me to start one this afternoon. Since this is my second girl, I might just keep the registry private the whole time since I won't be having a shower. I think it's still useful to have a list though to keep track of what I need/want.

@NovBaby1112: Thanks! And good luck with your issues too.

23. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Thanks! At least that's one advantage of all of these ultrasounds- lots of chances to see my baby I never had a 3D ultrasound of my first daughter, so it was neat seeing one for this pregnancy today.

24. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: great list! what other nursing supplies are you getting?

@cranberry: i have a secret amazon baby registry going! just to keep a running list and to get discounts!

i also put a couple new toys special for baby on there (just one or two) along with a teething toy
    a solly wrap (had a moby, but lent it away and now i want a more lightweight option!)
    a second seat for our stroller

25. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@cranberry: I am doing the same--no shower, just a private registry on amazon for the discount

@birdofafeather: lansinoh storage bags, motherlove nipple cream, and I need a new pump too (will get through insurance). Depending on the brand, I imagine I'll get more flanges and valves--I hope to pump more with this LO so she can be better about taking bottles! I also really want to get a solly wrap and a beco gemini for this LO.

26. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@hilsy85: just lurking and saw you mentioned the veins. I've had them with this pregnancy, starting at 17 weeks. I didn't have them
    With C either. Happy to help if you have any questions.

27. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Tidybee: walling you now!

28. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@hilsy85: I'm definitely feeling some movement too! It was a long time coming, as with DD I was feeling movement a good 4 weeks earlier. This time this baby skipped the bubble phase and went right to kicks

I have my anatomy scan today! We are still staying team green so no exciting announcements, but I can't wait to see what this little one looks like. I'm really hoping Dh can make it, he's been so incredibly busy at work lately and today is the ONE day this month where they are pulling the trigger on a big project and he doesn't know if he can come. He's going to try and sneak out, if not my mom will come.

We potty trained DD this weekend. It went a lot better than expected...she goes back to daycare today so fingers crossed it goes well there too. It was exhausting and not at all the ideal way to spend a long weekend, but it's nice to have one thing crossed off the "to do" list before baby comes.

Hope you are all feeling well!

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Charm54: I also totally skipped the "bubble, are those baby kicks or muscle twitches" phase and went right to more obvious small kicks. And congrats on potty training! We did it about 2.5 weeks ago and I was SO relieved to get it over with (and that it went really smoothly). Enjoy your anatomy scan!

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

I need to get on the potty training. It just keeps getting pushed to the back burner.

Is anyone else not experiencing the second trimester burst of energy? I was exhausted, then a bit better, and now I'm back to being pretty darn tired.

31. Mrs. Pickle

I'm 20 weeks today. I hope the second half goes by faster than the first!

32. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@cranberry: Glad your cervix is the same length and bleeding has gotten better. Very cool about the 3D u/s.

@2littlepumpkins: At 18 weeks, my energy has gotten a little bit better. I'm still on the anti-nausea patch and have only needed zofran/reglan about 3-4 times a week, which is much better than every day and every 6-8 hours. I think nausea and dry heaving really drains me and the only thing that makes me feel better is to lay down and take a nap. Weekends have been better, too. So I would say energy and nausea is getting better. *knock on wood* (Week 16 was rough on me.)

@Mrs. Pickle: Woohoo! 20 weeks!!

33. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: we also still need to potty train, but so far LO isn't showing signs of being ready, and I'm just not feeling up to it lol. Going to try over the summer...

34. meghanml

apple seed / 4 posts

hey ladies! i am new to the boards.. just wanted to say hi! my due date is 10/2. we're having a boy! it's our first. pregnancy has been such a mind-blowing experience. luckily i am finally getting energy back but my allergies have been awful! can't wait for my husband to start feeling kicks-- right now i can just feel flutters and movements from the inside.

35. Mrs. Pickle

@meghanml: Welcome to Hellobee! Congrats on your baby boy! My husband really wants to feel some kicks so I'm waiting on them to get stronger too.

36. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@Charm54: this one skipped the bubble/flutter phase too and went straight to kicks I can feel from the outside! I think it's because baby really only moves when I'm laying down/resting, and when I'm laying down I pretty much pass out immediately.

@2littlepumpkins: I'm still really tired too. Like out at 8:30/9. It's hard!

All the anatomy announcements make me so excited for our scan next week!

37. meghanml

apple seed / 4 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thanks! isn't it wonderful hitting the 20 week mark? halfway there!! i've heard the last half goes by pretty fast!

38. meghanml

apple seed / 4 posts

@2littlepumpkins: re: being tired, i too was imagining at week 14 i would suddenly be re-invigorated, but that didn't happen. at week 16-17 i started to be a bit more energized... can make it til 9:30 or even 10:30pm most nights now. but every day is different-- some days i still take 1-2 hour naps. hang in there, it does get better. it's nothing like the early days where getting out of bed was simply exhausting.

39. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@meghanml: Congrats and welcome! I sure hope the fatigue gets better. I remember at this point with my first pregnancy I had more energy, but the last couple weeks or a month I was sleeping up to 12 hours per night and SO tired. I was worried I would fall asleep and not hear the baby, when she was born, lol.

@bluestriped bee: The low energy is still probably way easier than the nausea. Glad to hear it's improving but I hope you get to enjoy your babymoon, shower, etc., not nauseous!

@JessKas: Glad I'm not alone!

@Mrs. Pickle: I bet it'll fly by, the first trimester feels so long to me! Hopefully none of us struggle too much that last month... It won't be long before we're planning first birthdays.

40. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

DH was able to feel the baby kicks from the outside last night, anterior placenta and all. Yay! Fun milestone for both of us.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee