Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@bluestriped bee: glad the little ones are still cooking!
    @NovBaby1112: the tdap shot was way worse than the rhogam. I wish I had gotten it earlier on, sucked to not be able to sleep on my left side for 3 days.
    @hilsy85: we have a first name picked out. But still stumped on the middle. My dh wants something that means something and is unique, not an easy combo.
    @Charm54: I love Lachlan. And Julia makes me smile. Makes me excited to find out who your lo is.
    @2littlepumpkins: I'm sure our house will soon be flooded by Amazon boxes. Reminds me I should get on pp stuff and household things we might need as well.
    @2littlepumpkins: @mrsjenbug: you have both made me really want pop tarts and I'm pretty sure there's no way I can eat one and have my blood sugar not go crazy....yet another thing for the after baby list!

It's getting so close! Crazy to think that in 9 weeks, 10 at the most, this little girl will be on the outside! I'm feeling pretty good still most days, but I do have to pretty much constantly guzzle water or the bh kick up. Upside to that my swelling has gone back to basically nothing unless I'm on my feet solidly all day.
    Looking forward to my shower this weekend and childbirth classes right after. Anyone else still have an upcoming shower?

2. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@NovBaby1112: They gave me the Tdap shot at my 30 week appointment, even though I had one with DD1 two years ago. Like Hilsy85 mentioned, they told me they hoped to transfer some antibodies to the baby. The doctor said my DH wouldn't need the Tdap shot again though if he had one two years ago.

We're still undecided on a name. My sister thinks we should pick Grace, which is an option (she and others in my family sometimes refer to the baby as Grace now, so I'm starting to get used to it- very sneaky). We also like Hannah, which was our runnerup name with DD1. But we are still considering other options too. I find it stressful to talk about names, so we haven't discussed it much recently. We better do that...

We hung curtains and blinds up in the nursery this past weekend, but now we're kind of at a standstill until we switch DD1 out of the crib since we're going to put that and one of DD1's dressers in the nursery. I'm not looking forward to switching her to a bed, but she did climb out of her crib for the first time this weekend. So maybe next week?

3. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@MamaBear87: That's exciting your shower is this weekend. Hope you have a great time! My sprinkle isn't until mid-September- I think my mom and MIL sent out the invitations yesterday.

I'm not taking any childbirth classes this time around, but I would like to sign up for an infant/child CPR class. (Although I do feel a little guilty about not doing this earlier since DD1 is already two- but better late than never?).

4. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@NovBaby1112: Thanks!
    @hilsy85: Thanks!
    @Charm54: Thanks! I really like both your names too!

@MamaBear87: I had a shower this past weekend on my side of the family and I have one this weekend for DH's side of the family. I got a good variety of stuff from my shower this weekend and really only need a few small things to be completely ready.

5. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@MamaBear87: have fun at your baby shower!! I found that's when it all started to seem REAL last time - like, a baby is actually coming! Lol

@cranberry: we switched DD to her big girl room two weeks ago and I was NERVOUS - she was a rockstar crib sleeper so I was worried we were tempting fate, but it has been pretty seamless so far. She figured out yesterday how to climb out of her bed, but I just kept putting her back and after the 4th attempt she gave up and stayed in bed. I'm actually surprised it took her that long to realize she could escape, lol. She still STTN and I was worried she would be scared (her new room is on a different floor than us) but she adores it and doesn't seem to mind the transition at all.

6. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@cranberry: we made the switch to big boy bed a few weeks ago and it's been a bit rocky but not terrible. Good luck!

7. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@hilsy85: thanks! We have 4 names for each. DH has trouble deciding the boy name and I have trouble deciding the girl name. We are both like the names we have picked out. DH wants us to pick them out before the babies arrive and I want to wait to meet them. MIL is on my side because he would have been another name. So that's good.

8. BSB

@Charm54: Thanks!

@MamaBear87: thanks! No showers or birth classes for me. The nicu will teach us baby CPR and a bunch of other things.

9. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Ok. I'm scared. Checkup today, 32+6. Dr says oh.... Baby has a big head. And is 4 lb 13 oz already. How am I suppoaed to birth a giant?!?!

10. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: hmmm I'll have to ask at my next appt!

@MamaBear87: ha I'm already sleeping horribly so

@cranberry: love Grace, so pretty!! Goodluck with the crib transition!

@babycanuck: hahah! That doesn't sound too high! At my 32w US baby was 4lbs, so not too far from that?

11. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hilsy85: We settled on a name a while ago but it seems so much more real with how big she's getting. We're going to name her Coraline Lily and call her Cora. Lily is after my aunt who passed away from cancer a couple of years ago (her name was Susan and Susan means "lily" in Hebrew).

@NovBaby1112: I got the tdap shot at my last appointment at 32 weeks. They told me the same thing others said, that antibodies get transferred to the baby before birth so they recommend it in each pregnancy.

I don't have an ultrasound after 20 weeks either but my stomach is measuring on the small side so she said the baby should at least be around what LO1 was (8lb 5oz) and not huge.

I did have a shower this weekend which was awesome! It was a small group of friends and our mothers and it was the perfect size. Everything/everyone made me feel so lucky to have them all in my life. I'll post a couple of pictures later if I remember. I have another shower coming up this weekend for DH's family.

12. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@BelugaBean: Love Cora!

I think we are between Claire Violet and Willa Violet...I'm leaning toward Claire and DH is leaning toward Willa. Of course, last week, I wanted Zoe and Audrey so it could change again!

13. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

30 weeks! woo! we're still nailing down a name. we have a front runner for the first, but the middle is proving harder! i love the ones you all have come up with for your babes.

i think my mom and sister are going to throw a little sprinkle for me in mid-september with some close girlfriends and my MIL and SILs.

i think for the first time, i'm really taking it in that we're gonna have another baby in the house in 2-2.5 months! i always have this deadline in mind and this time around, it's my last wedding mid-October, so i really haven't allowed myself to think about anything past that!

14. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@BelugaBean: cora is beautiful! love that name....going to ask my dr about the tdap at my appointment on Friday, that makes total sense what you are all saying.

@hilsy85: love all of those names! You honestly can't go wrong either way.

15. BSB

@hilsy85: so here are the names we are considering... We just can't decide or narrow down our list.

James Keaton
    Keaton James
    Collin James
    James Emmett

Lana Claire
    Eva Claire
    Olivia (Liv) Claire
    Vera Claire
    Evelyn Claire

16. BSB

@babycanuck: my sister's boy had measurements that said he was going to have a big head. Turned out that it was wrong and his head wasn't so big.

17. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@babycanuck: Keep in mind that measurements are just guesses and can be off in either direction!

All of you ladies using the name Claire are making me so jealous. It has been our girl name for YEARS and here we are, expecting baby boy #2 I guess there's always hope that #3 is a girl, right?

18. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babycanuck: With LO1, they told me at my 36 week ultrasound that her head was in the 96th percentile. She was born with a 97th percentile head but I had very minimal tearing/stitches and a fairly easy labor. They also told me she would be around 8.5-9lb at 40 weeks and I went to 40+4 and she was 8lb 5oz so that one was off. But even with the large head measurement being correct, it didn't have a huge impact on my labor and delivery.

19. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@babycanuck: my dd was supposedly 80th % and was born under 50th. Hopefully those measurements were just off!

Love everyone's taste in names! We are now second guessing but somehow or other this kid will have a name! Boy names are hard.

Ladies, the September group has a l&d board going! Eeeee! And @bluestripedbee's twins should be here soon! Time is speeding up and slowing down all at once.

20. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MamaBear87: I have a long after baby list too, sorry about the poptart.

@cranberry: I thought about the same thing with the cpr. Dh is certified through work but I don't think he's ever actually done it much less on a small child. So far I still haven't done the class or signed up for it but now that you reminded me maybe I will.

21. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

Anyone else go through a period where baby was moving so much it made them sick? Between BH and spastic movements from baby sister in the middle of the night, I feel nauseous and exhausted today! Good thing it's a preschool day for DD today because DH is on shift til tomorrow morning and I'm laying on the couch and drinking sparkling water. 😩

22. BSB

@2littlepumpkins: Eeek! I know. I wonder who will be next after me. Do second babies come early or late? Or is the labor just faster?

@birdofafeather: sometimes the twins kick and it feels like my stomach is upset but not upset. Maybe it's sometimes pressure and sometimes they are pushing on my stomach and make me feel weird.

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@birdofafeather: yup. We were going to put off preschool but changed our minds and now have tours in sept. 😮

@bluestriped bee: I don't know, I think they might tend to come a *little* earlier. I think @rainbow_sprinkles is technically due at the end of sept right? Plus she's having #3 so I wouldn't be surprised if she was the second to deliver but it'll be fun to finally "meet" all the babies! Time has flown by. Hope you and the babies are doing well still! Sept 4th is the big day if they don't come sooner right?

24. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@birdofafeather: I was randomly really nauseous last night. I don't know if it was my prenatal vitamin or what, but luckily it passed. Hope you're feeling better!! Dd starts daycare next week again after being home all summer...as much as I'm going to miss spending all day with her and our adventures, I'm looking forward to some ME time before baby comes!

@bluestriped bee: I was told 2nd+ babies come a little bit earlier and the labour/delivery is generally cut in 1/2. My due date now is technically Sept 29 but I'm really hoping to make it past Sept 19 since I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding 3 hours away from home then!

25. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: not sick, but the movement is definitely painful/annoying sometimes when it is so constant. I am also exhausted today, had major insomnia last night

26. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I was out of town with limited internet for a few days so I'm behind now!

We have the name picked out, but I still refer to her as "baby." I had my last baby shower last weekend and now it's time to buy the last few things and get organized.

Has anyone started packing their hospital bag yet? I think I'm going to start soon even though I'm 34 weeks.

I got a little worried a few nights ago because my BH were coming 10 minutes apart for a couple hours. I read some old treads here and it sounds like that timeable Braxton hicks are normal. Has anyone else experienced that?

I'm having an ultrasound this afternoon at my 34 week appointment. I hope I can get a picture of her face. She always hides it!

27. Mrs. Pickle

@birdofafeather: I'm not getting sick, but I am getting pain in my right rib from her movements. It's really annoying!!

28. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I started packing my hospital bag already and making a list for some things I might want in it. I know it's a little early (I'm 34 weeks too!) but I just want to be prepared just in case. I have a few anxiety dreams where I'm at the hospital and don't have anything with me. lol.

29. Mrs. Pickle

So the doctor decided to check me after I mentioned the Braxton hicks. I wasn't expecting that! My cervix is closed and thick. They also went ahead and did the GBS test since I was undressed. The ultrasound went well. She's 5lbs 4oz, measuring right on track, and my fluid levels are good. She was blocking her face again, of course. This time with her fist. I'm going back next week at 35 weeks, and I already had an appointment scheduled for 36 weeks so I guess its weekly appointments for me now. Crazy.

30. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

October 2015 Mamas
    September 27: Rainbow Sprinkles (#3)
    October 1: daymare (#1)
    October 2: meghanml (#1)
    October 3: charm54 (#2)
    October 5: novbaby1112 (#2)
    October 6: Mrs. Pickle (IF #1) , renee0106 (#1)
    October 7: 2littlepumpkins (#2) , Mrs. Goose (#1)
    October 9: cranberry (#2) , Gerijeni (#1)
    October 11: belugabean (#2)
    October 12: treytonsmom2011 (#2)
    October 14: natalie403 (IF & #1) , shellio (#3)
    October 15: hilsy85 (#2) , JustJules (#1) , babycanuck (IF & #1)
    October 16: jodyblair (#2) , bluestriped bee (IF #1 w/ Twins) & , HYATTSMOM (#1)
    October 17: mrsjenbug (#2)
    October 19: Bea (#1)
    October 20: JessKass (#2)
    October 21: Glimmersnaps (#3), akcd (#1)
    October 22: NurseDMB (#2) , Willow (#1)
    October 25: Mamabear87 (#1)
    October 28: Snickers (#2)
    November 2: birdofafeather (#2)

thought i'd pull this list out from 2 months ago to make sure it's correct and so we don't have to go even further back to dig it out when the time comes! also because @bluestriped bee: is getting close, so we might have to start a l&d thread soon! is it all updated? should we add any induction or c-section dates on here so we can follow along and cheer each other on when the time comes?

31. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

Finally getting around to joining this group! Happy to be on here to hear all about how other pregnancies are going. Does anyone else feel like they're gestating a little kick-boxer sometimes?

EDD: October 16
    First child? Yes, and we're keeping it a surprise.

32. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I had a TON of Braxton Hicks yesterday. Almost to the point I started to worry, but they were inconsistent and not painful. I have an OB appointment on Friday so I'll mention I then. I know they can be caused by dehydration, so I try to drink plenty of water, but then I get even more from a full bladder! I can't win

@HyattsMom: We're due date buddies! And sometimes I definitely wonder if there's a little kickboxer in there. He is SO active!

33. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@HyattsMom: welcome! i added you to our list! DD2 has been doing somersaults and kickflips i'm pretty sure!

34. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@birdofafeather: Thanks for adding me!

@jodyblair I've heard it's a good day! During my pregnancy I've met a few people with their birthday on the 16th! My own birthday is October 25th and I came about a week late, so there's a good chance we end up sharing one. My cousin is also due on the 22nd, so could end up with another birthday buddy as well!

35. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@HyattsMom: welcome! My sister's birthday is the 16th

@birdofafeather: yes definitely, anyone with a c sec date should add it!

So had my 33 week appt yesterday, all looked good except baby is now breech?! She was head down (and head was low!) at my growth u/s on Monday, so sometime in the following 48 hours she did a flip. Hopefully she decides to move again in the next few weeks--if not my OB said we could discuss our options. I really want to avoid a c section of course! Anyone else's baby breech?

36. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hilsy85: I haven't had any experiences but I know someone whose baby was breech at (I believe) a 36 week growth scan and he flipped before she gave birth. So definitely possible, especially if she flipped so quickly this time.

37. Mrs. Pickle

@hilsy85: no experience, but I hope she flips back!

38. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hilsy85: I'm sorry! If she could flip now hopefully she can flip again! I have my suspicions but I won't know til my ultrasound today.

@HyattsMom: welcome & congrats!!

39. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Thanks!

Sounds like for those in the U.S. (?) get to have more U/S than we do up in Canada. We do our last one at ~20wks to check the growth and then nothing more unless there is a complication. Part of me wants to see what's going on in there to feel like it's all ok, but the other part knows that I'd want to sneak a peek at the gender and we're trying so hard to keep it a surprise even from ourselves.

40. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@HyattsMom: During my last pregnancy, my doctor did four ultrasounds (dating, anatomy, scan to check my cervix, and growth). I'm at a different doctor this time that generally only does one at 20 weeks (I had one earlier to check heartbeat and bleeding). I would love to see the baby again but I can feel her so much that I'm not stressed too much!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee