Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: I think it's common for babies to move all over at this stage, my OB said they don't even start to discuss options until after 36 weeks bc they can move into diff positions easily before then. Hope she moves head down again for you!

@HyattsMom: welcome!!

@birdofafeather: thanks for updating the list! Can't believe it will almost be September!

I haven't packed hospital bag yet but I'm not overly worried. Really all I'm going to bring is some comfy clothes, and if I need anything else DH can run home and get it since he will be going bsvk at night to be with LO1. I was overpacked the first time so lesson learned!

2. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@HyattsMom: welcome!

3. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: I don't want to overpack but I have no clue what I need! What kinds of things did you not use last time? We live pretty close to the hospital so DH is probably going to go home to shower and check on the dogs a couple of times.

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I just feel like I packedsoooo much! Lots of clothes, slippers, books, hair stuff, makeup, a robe, and all these products that the hospital ended up providing- huge pads, spray bottles, ice packs, etc. all I ended up needing was really a nice set of comfy yoga pants and a loose t shirt. The hospital had shampoo and all that stuff.

5. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @NovBaby1112: I have a lot of stuff here but I've been here a while. But one thing I brought here early on was a power strip and extra long phone cord. Most of the outlets are behind the bed so it's quite a reach. I brought a 6 ft power strip and a 6 ft phone charger cord and it's perfect.

6. BSB

@hilsy85: Hope you get her to flip!

7. BSB

@2littlepumpkins: yup, sept 4th will be the induction date. I would assume that the latest they would be born will be the 6th. Hoping I don't have a long labor though and they are born on Sept 4th or 5th.

8. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: She is looking great!!

9. BSB

@HyattsMom: welcome!! Oh, you share my due date! Yay! Too bad the twins are coming out next week. Yup, I got some soccer players in there!

10. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@bluestriped bee: Good luck!

11. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@BelugaBean: I spoke too soon. Had a checkup this morning and am being sent for another u/s next week to check growth because of a small risk due to where the core is implanted in the placenta. The things you learn with a first pregnancy... Now to try to avoid peeking at the gender....

12. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@Charm54: @hilsy85: That's great to hear that others' transition from the crib to a bed wasn't too hard. I don't know why I keep dragging my feet. DH really wants to do it before the baby, so I guess I'll give in and give it a shot. I'm just sad because she really likes her crib- she even asks to get in it to play sometimes. Lately I've been talking to her more about a big girl bed though to get her used to the idea.

I'm excited- me and DH just planned a mini babymoon for this weekend. My MIL is going to watch DD1 and we're going to go to my aunt's beach house in NJ. I've been there a million times, but it will be nice to have a weekend away without DD1 before DD2 arrives. (Although I do feel a little guilty since DD1 would like the beach- but DH says there's no way she's coming, lol.)

13. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@cranberry: That sounds amazing! We had a family babymoon of sorts, which was also nice, since we were also visiting family, but I think your dh is right on this!

I had my 34 week appoinment and ultrasound. Good news is baby is (or at least was at the ultrasound!) head down and the placenta moved up so I am hopeful that I can have another vaginal delivery. I can't believe he's about five pounds already!! Fluid level was a little on the lower end so I have to go in for a follow up next week. I didn't get any take home pics this time though, baby wasn't being very cooperative. But everything looks good!

14. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@cranberry: nice! Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend with your DH!

@2littlepumpkins: yay for being head down and the placenta moving! Hope your follow up next week reassures you about the fluid levels.

I had my 35 week appointment today and was surprised that My fundal height is actually measuring behind now, only 31 weeks....since I've been measuring right on track the entire time up until now. So I had to do a NST, everything looked fine, but getting a US tomorrow. Hope everything is okay! I also haven't gained any weight since 27 weeks so I'm just wondering what's going on....hoping it's nothing!

15. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

I'm up to weekly appointments now and today was my "36 week" appt, but I'm technically 35+5.

Everything looked good. My blood pressure was great, which is wonderful since I have a history of PIH and was induced for preeclampsia with my 1st.

I lost 1 lb, so I'm up 24 lbs for the whole pregnancy so far. My fundal height is measuring 37 1/2, which is definitely ahead, but in line with what the baby is measuring. I am just dying to know if I will have this baby early! Or if I will go on time and she will just be super big???

No other news to report other than I am feeling incredibly sore and achy and really struggling with my separating pelvis. It hurts SO bad. I think I'm getting ready to just start laying low and spacing out my playdates and adventurous outings with the kids.

@Mrs. Pickle: I was just talking to my DH about this and we were laughing about how much stuff we brought the first time around. We hardly touched any of it! The things that were definitely useful were:
    -phone charger
    -gatorade/snacks
    -nipple cream
    -2 comfy outfits for baby
    -1 outfit for mom to wear home
    -change of clothes/underwear for DH

My hospital provided a ton (mesh underwear, peri bottle and tucks pads for pain relief "down there," socks for me, obviously pillows/blankets, swaddling blankets and hat for baby, diapers, wipes, pacifiers, etc.) and although I thought I would use different stuff from what they offered, I never did. I don't know if that's helpful at all, but we def over packed the first time--it was laughable!

16. Mrs. Pickle

@Rainbow Sprinkles: that is helpful. Thanks!

17. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: Hmmm I think that can also happen when baby shifts position right? My OB doesn't tell me where I'm measuring so I'm not sure. Hope everything is fine!

18. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: I hope everything is ok at your ultrasound tomorrow.

19. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: So re: the bag, and disclaimer, I think people way overthink these two day bags, but this is what I'm planning on this time/would recommend:

-phone + charger
    -laptop + charger
    -clothes for dh
    -towel for dh
    -outfit for mom to go home in
    -outfit for hospital pictures for mom (really just a top) if your hospital does photos
    -outfit for baby to go home in
    -sleep sack swaddle for baby because I am super lazy about swaddling, but not sure if hospital will let us use it
    -toiletries- minis that I can just leave behind, ziploc baggies for things where I can avoid bringing the whole bottle/package..hospitals are yucky
    -a little makeup + hair ties
    -paci(s) for baby.. delivering at a baby friendly hospital and I'm not sure if they'll give us one, and big sis NEEDED it

That's about it! And I think I packed less last time actually! I'm assuming the hospital will have nipple cream, pads, mesh undies, tucks, dermoplast spray. Might bring a few snacks but not worried about it.

20. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @Mrs. Pickle: thanks ladies. Yea, From what I'm reading online it could just mean baby dropped or is in diff position. I think my dr is just being cautious because of the cord insertion issue.

21. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@NovBaby1112: @Mrs. Pickle: oh, chapstick snd hair ties are huge! I forgot about those. I kept reapplying chapstick while I was in labor.

22. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: To add on: sandals for the shower, socks for me (I brought uggs but since it's not winter, I'll leave those at home!), and my Brest friend. I used MBF and like 10 pillows when I was learning to position DD1 for BFing!

ETA: also a nursing tank from target and comfy (fold over or under your belly) pj pants.

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@birdofafeather: oh yeah I forgot about the sandals...Although I'll probably end up leaving the house in flip flops!

24. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@hilsy85: my little guy is breech as well...we are hoping for a flip because I won't let them manually turn him.

25. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrsjenbug: oh really? How come you don't want to do an ecv? I plan on trying the other methods first (apparently moxibustion and websters technique are both fairly successful) but if not I will definitely do the ecv when my dr says I can.

26. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

@hilsy85: I happen to also be a doctor and I know too much about too much (sometimes it's better to not have seen everything - it can sometimes give you more to obsess about). I also, risks aside, feel like sometimes there is a reason they are breech...

27. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrsjenbug: ah gotcha! Yep I've heard stories about cord placement in relation to the baby as a reason why they're breech. Definitely a good point!

28. BSB

@HyattsMom: Thank you. So did they tell you more about the cord issue?

@cranberry: oh, sounds like a great baby moon. Which beach? When I went to PA for my shower, DH and I stopped by Sea Isle City, NJ. My family usually goes to Wildwood because my sister keeps her camper there but DH's family used to spend every summer in Sea Isle. I was able to dip my feet in the water and take a bump shot.

@2littlepumpkins: Glad everything looked good!

@NovBaby1112: Hope everything is ok.

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Glad your blood pressure is okay. What's a separating pelvis? Sounds painful. Ouch! I'm sorry.

By the way, how are you doing with the wind storms today? DH sent me pictures. The big tree behind our house broke some large branches and came down on our fence. Luckily, our landlord is taking care of it but we'll have to take the dogs out on leashes. I am thankful that it didn't come down on our house. Oh, we lost power, too. DH is wondering when we'll get power back.

@mrsjenbug: Hope you can get your baby to flip.

As for me, I spoke to my OB about next week, probably Wednesday or Thursday, they'll check my cervix to see if I've dilated at all. They'll check the nicu to see if there are enough nicu beds for the twins. DH thought the induction was going to happen on Sept 4th no matter what... So he's trying to get his brain around having to wait for the induction. He was telling everyone that the babies were definitely going to be here on the 5th or the 6th. I thought they were too, but I know having twins I have to be pretty flexible with anything happening so it didn't bother me when they said things might be delayed. I guess dads hear one thing and Moms hear another. Haha.

Oh, I ordered a bunch of stuff (largest order I've ever placed) from Amazon today with my 15% registry discount! Woohoo! A lot a lot of packages will be coming this week. Our delivery guys are going to hate us.

Oh, I asked DH to make an inventory for the baby clothes we got and how many we have of each size. Most are in the 15 ish range, but DH counted 30 outfits in the 3m. Oh, he didn't separate them by gender so I'll see what we got when I get home. He said it took forever to sort and count them. He did mention that some of the clothes that were supposed to be 12m looks tiny and looks like it should be 6m. We also have to start washing the clothes. I need the DH to go to Costco to get the free and clear detergent.

29. Mrs. Pickle

My credit card got a workout today (that along with the gift cards and cash from family). We bought our car seat, stroller, crib mattress, bathtub, a few more cloth diapers, and some other necessities. I think we're ready! Now I get to wash everything and put it away.

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@bluestriped bee: wow sounds like you guys got a lot done! So surreal to think your babies will be here soon!

@2littlepumpkins: @Rainbow Sprinkles: good lists! I totally forgot some of those things, should prob start packing a small bag soonish

@mrsjenbug: @hilsy85: hope both of your babies turn for you!

@Mrs. Pickle: nice! I'm dragging my feet on some of the last minute stuff but need to get on it, sounds like you guys are all ready!

My ultrasound went good today...fundal height measurements just must not be that accurate! He's measuring 5lbs 1oz, right around the 34%ile and everything looked great. Was hoping to get a shot of his face but he had his hands in front of him the entire time again, boo!

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I have just been saying we bought everything and I totally forgot I was going to get a new baby tub! Thanks for the reminder. Yay for being ready!

I packed almost everything for our hospital bags today, just need to add pacis and baby's clothes/blanket, and a new pair of yoga pants I just bought from target. I don't expect to need them anytime soon but just in case.

32. mrsjenbug

grape / 91 posts

I am so impressed with everyone's hospital bag packing...I had an early delivery last time (so you'd think I would get that accomplished). What did you pack to wear home from the hospital? I think I have most everything but that.

33. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@bluestriped bee: No updates yet. Will do the u/s on Thursday this week and then have a follow-up/standard doctor appt the following Thursday, unless they call with an update in the meantime. Our doctors abide by a "no news is good news" mentality, so they only call if there is an issue.

Great to see the lists on what to pack in the hospital bag! Haven't started to pack mine yet, but am planning to have it done before I hit the 36-week mark.

Still focusing on getting the house ready here. I didn't realize that when I hit the nesting phase it would result in having the DH paint not only the nursery, but every other bedroom and upstairs bathrooms at the same time. He has one more week to finish the final bathroom and doors, then let everything air out before we can start final prep for the baby. Looks like we live in a construction/moving zone right now, but the final product will be worth it.

Still too superstitious to do too much final prep. Putting off washing baby clothes and unpacking the carseat until after the shower at 37 weeks.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

34. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

We worked on the room a lot today and ordered a bunch of stuff so we can hopefully finish the room and packing for the hospital in the next few weeks. I feel super far behind but luckily next weekend is a long weekend for DH so we can work on things all weekend.

One tip on something that worked well for me last time was to buy Depends (I got the silhouette kind) to wear the first few days home from the hospital. It was a lot easier for me than worrying about maxi pads and underwear and I plan to get some again.

@mrsjenbug: Last time I wore yoga pants and a tshirt home and I was planning on doing the same again. I definitely just needed to be comfortable.

35. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Today was our coed shower and completely overwhelming. People were so generous and we found out we are having a ! Dh is over the moon about having a son!

36. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: I was debating about that (depends) when I went to target this weekend. It seems like a ton of trash though? I guess the pads alone will be a lot of trash though..

@babycanuck: aww, congrats! Glad you had a great shower!

37. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrsjenbug: I think yoga pants and a nursing tank/cardigan!@babycanuck: aw congrats!!

38. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babycanuck: Congratulations!

@2littlepumpkins: I only used them for a couple of days until I started healing a bit. They just made my life so much easier those couple of days.

39. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@mrsjenbug: I'm going to wear my maternity leggings and a new wrap/flowy top that I bought. It's comfy and will hide the post baby belly well !

@BelugaBean: yes! I think I might get depends this time too... Probably a lot more comfortable than giant maxi pads and mesh underwear

@babycanuck: congrats on a little boy!! What a fun way to find out

Dh thinks I've completely lost it - I made a batch of padsicles last week...lol! They sound ridiculous but I remember thinking last time that I wish I had made some. I went through a freaking ton of ice packs (though I'm hoping to be less swollen this time...)

i just realized I'm (almost) 36 weeks...which means a baby in a month ??!! So surreal. I've been flip flopping all pregnancy on what I think this little bean is, but the past few days I am firmly in the camp. Can't wait to find out if Im right

Also, I've started to waddle. It's not pretty

40. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: @Charm54: lol well ok I guess I might just jump on the depends bandwagon.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee