Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@babycanuck: Congrats!

I'm nowhere near packing a hospital bag! I'm 31 weeks today and still just going on ignoring the fact that there's gonna be another person in our family in 2 months!

2. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@babycanuck: congratulations on the !

3. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@mrsjenbug: I wore flannel pajamas home from the hospital! Haha!

4. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@babycanuck: Congrats! Is that what you'd suspected all along?

5. Mrs. Pickle

It's a good thing I don't work anywhere that has a dress code because my feet don't fit in any nice shoes anymore. I'm exclusively in flip flops now because of the swelling. I could probably loosen the laces on my tennis shoes and wear them too, but it's still pretty hot here.

6. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@birdofafeather: I'm a few weeks further at 34 weeks but this makes me feel better! I've been putting things off just kind of ignoring what I had to do until this weekend when I kind of freaked out! I'm hoping to have a hospital bag done next weekend and the room done by 36ish weeks. I've been so busy with so many other things, it's hard to keep motivated!

7. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@BelugaBean: Good tip on the depends. I'll check it out.

8. BSB

@babycanuck: congrats on having a Did you have a reveal at the shower?

9. BSB

@Charm54: My sister asked me if my DH would make me padsicles. I said I don't know. Haha.
    Can't wait to find out what you'll be having! Almost there!

10. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@HyattsMom: Yes! At first I wasn't sure, and to be honest I REALLY wanted a girl, but then my gut kept saying boy.

@bluestriped bee: We did! I'm going to see if I can get the video uploaded online and share it on here, it's only 8 seconds and DH broke a smash cake that had m&ms in the middle

11. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@BelugaBean: @birdofafeather: ha also nowhere near packing a hospital bag or near ready! I figure after 36 weeks I'll get more stuff done. Also still kind of in denial about how quickly October will be here!

12. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Hopefully this works

You can see my DH is BEYOND excited to have a son - first time he's shown real excitement since we found out we were expecting!

13. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@babycanuck: congrats on your boy!!

14. Mrs. Pickle

Can I ask a possibly dumb question about padsicles? You soak pads in witch hazel and freeze them, right? So what happens when you wear them? Do they thaw and make a mess?

15. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@babycanuck: it says the video is private so we can't view it.

16. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: my girlfriend made them and swore by them, but I've never tried them!

I always just put the thin witch hazel pads in my underwear. Like tucks.

17. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

We still don't have a car seat. Or a bag packed. Or a name picked out. I need to get my rear in gear!

18. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Rainbow Sprinkles: Try again? I changed it from private to unlisted..hopefully that works

19. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I never used them, but I imagine that you wear them until they start to thaw, and then once that happens you take them out? And you're prob not wearing them for long periods of time, just to get the numbing/soothing effect? but I didn't need them last time, so not really sure!

20. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: My sister told me to tell the DH to make padsicles but I didn't get the impression that you soaked (drenched) the pad. My sister used a witch hazel and aloe 'spread' and applied a thin layer of it on the pad. So the rest of the pad can still be used to absorb stuff. Oh, she said she went through like 80 pads. She told me she was still bleeding like 6 weeks post partum.
    Oh, she did suggest the maxi pads over the thin ones.

21. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

I never used padsicles the first time but they sound amazing, I loved the ice packs the hospital provided so I'm def going to try and make them at home.

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I was busy this last week with my mom in town and the shower and the board exploded!

Hit 32 weeks on Sunday and with the heat and humidity have had terrible swollen feet. Also now on the wagon with everyone else that I'm done, everything seems to hurt and seems that Gemma is now living up in my ribs.
    My shower was awesome tho and we got a bunch of things I wasnt really expecting, so our list of what we need to buy is shorter than I was thinking.

@BelugaBean: now you have me thinking I may consider depends for the first couple days.

@Mrs. Pickle: I'm a ftm but def getting some witch hazel and may make padsicles, but I am for sure diluting the witch hazel in a peri bottle for bathroom trips.

@babycanuck: congrats on the little boy!!! Your DH looks jazzed in the video!

Anyone else have terrible rib pain? I keep trying different positions but it always seems to come back

23. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@HyattsMom: welcome!!!

24. BSB

@babycanuck: Aww, love it!!

25. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @NovBaby1112: Thanks! We had a great time. A weekend away without DD1 was just what we needed.

@bluestriped bee: My aunt's house is in Cape May, so right near Wildwood. I love just walking around and looking at the houses and gardens there. We also went out to eat a few times and went to the beach. (They have some good wineries and a brewery, but we skipped those this time for obvious reasons.) I'd recommend it. I've never been to Sea Isle City.

@NovBaby1112: With DD1, my fundal height got shorter later in my pregnancy when the baby dropped. Glad to hear your ultrasound went well

@mrsjenbug: I haven't thought much about my hospital bag yet either. With DD1 I never ended up having to pack my bag in advance since at my regular OB appointment my doctor decided to send me to the hospital to have the baby, but told me to go home first and take my time packing, eating, etc. since there wasn't a rush to get to the hospital. But who knows what will happen this time. I probably should be prepared

@babycanuck: That's so exciting you found out you're having a boy. Congrats!

@Charm54: I used a ton of icepacks last time too. I'm hoping I'll be able to just take some extras from the hospital again. If not though, padsicles sound like they might be a good option.

26. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@mrsjenbug: What is your specialty? Just curious... I'm an anesthesiologist.

I don't even remember what I packed for my previous two deliveries, but my only necessities are comfy sweatpants and sweatshirt, and phone charger. We did bring a small bluetooth speaker both times and it was nice to have some music on, I'm not a big TV person so the only time we turned on the TV was when my DS and I were supposed to be on the news the day he was born

27. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@babycanuck: So fun, he looks so proud!

To all those who haven't packed their hospital bags, I offer up that at 38+ weeks with my first I grabbed mini toiletries from the grocery store and threw a black shirt and gray stretchy pants and a few baby outfits into a bag, and that was that. And it worked out fine. The only reason I'm more "on it" this time is because I'm willing the baby to come earlier! Hah. That and I am hoping not to be caught off guard by the whole fluid level thing or some other complication since it's been a much rougher pregnancy. But generally, we still have tons of time for a bag!

28. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I feel your pain re:shoes! Having the summer heat still hanging around doesn't help matters either. Fingers crossed for some cooler weather in the next few weeks.

29. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@babycanuck: cute video!

I have been reading the board, but haven't had a lot of stuff going on, feeling kind of in limbo right now. It doesn't seem real that the baby could be here in about 5 weeks! Had my 35 week appointment and the midwife is pretty sure baby is head down so that's good. I feel the baby is in a weird scrunchy position so I haven't been being attacked in the ribs or anything, which I guess is good.

I got a bit stressed reading about how people have purchased a lot or most of their stuff and have washed and prepped everything. I need to get on that. I was wondering if a shower would occur, but I don't think it is so I need to get the stuff I want / need. I start work again this week for three weeks I think, but I am looking forward to seeing my school littles again and having something to distract me during the day.

Keep on carrying on ladies! We're all getting there, swollen feet, aches and all.

30. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

P.s. My baby prediction for myself is boy; I just feel like that is who is in there!

31. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@MamaBear87: Gemma is a cute name!

32. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Do you have amazon prime? I just read some reviews (plus tried to remember what I wanted from having lo1) and honestly ordered it all at once. It should be free shipping even without prime because the total will be high enough but prime got it here in two days. Way easier than going to stores. Hope you have a great few weeks at work!

33. BSB

@cranberry: oh, yeah, Cape May is a very cute town. Glad you had such a great time.

@Mrs. Goose: Going off of @2littlepumpkins: Don't forget Amazon mom, too.

34. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Another recent FTM recommended picking up the most recent edition of Baby Bargains - great advice! I've had to pry it out of the hands of DH in stores when he starts looking up brand info. on certain items and starts taking too long. Definitely worth the $15 or so it costs to know what's good in terms of quality and safety. I also read Lucie's List a lot and quite like that for practical reviews and comparisons. Between both you get a good view of items at different price points too.

35. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@HyattsMom: Just went over to Lucie's List, I think I have read some of their stuff before but not all! Good suggestion!

36. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@MamaBear87: Gemma is such a cute name! Glad you had a nice shower and got most of what you will need!

@cranberry: thanks! I read online it could mean he dropped, so hoping that's the case so beyond over this!

@Mrs. Goose: same rec as others- Amazon prime- just ordered some stuff off there for 15% off

37. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @NovBaby1112: I haven't got prime right now. I will see about that when I go to order stuff.

@HyattsMom: I liked Lucie's list; it was nice to have everything collected. @bluestriped bee: what is Amazon mom? Is that something you can get in Canada too?

My friend gave birth a few months ago and recommended padsicles. She also said her midwife told her to hold a warm cloth down there when attempting number 2 so it doesn't feel like you are losing your vagina....

Just things to keep in mind I guess!

38. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Great! I went down the LL rabbit hole long before I was even pregnant. Nice to be able to read about both baby "stuff" and the actual pregnancy and post-pregnancy activities from someone who's obviously a straight-shooter. If you sign up for the LL email newsletter the first email comes with a checklist of everything you need at 3 price points and it auto-links to Amazon. If you're in the States that makes it so much easier.

39. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I think for us in Canada it's Amazon Family technically. You can get to it via the Amazon.ca site, but I don't find it really easy to navigate to all the time.

Try this:
    Amazon.ca homepage > Deals Store (top bar) > Baby > Ad for Amazon Family

You can then access the deals on diapers, etc.

40. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: my understanding is you only use them for short periods of time until they "melt" so they don't need to absorb a ton. The ice packs were similar - I used them SO much those first couple of weeks...only for 20-30 min until they weren't cold anymore but it felt incredible. I used maxi pads in between

@Mrs. Goose: I'm thinking boy too! Can't wait to find out. The moment when Dh told me we had a little girl was so special

Has anyone else dropped yet? I'm sure I have. Belly is so much lower, heartburn is much better, the need to pee is 24/7 and I feel hiccups SUPER low. I hope that doesn't mean Imgoing early...I need to be a bridesmaid in a wedding Sept 19, 3 hours away from home! Fx baby stays in until after then.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee