1. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TapDancer: did I get you now?

2. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@whiskers: got it, thanks!

3. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@FaithFertility: Omgosh, YES. I am dying at nights ... so hard.

4. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

My ultrasound appointment went wonderful! Oliver is growing wonderfully and looks completely healthy. I feel like I can finally breathe some this pregnancy. I almost cried seeing him on the screen.

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsRcCar: Such a relief! Big big hugs x

6. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

Is anyone else worried about the recent Zika stories? I'm supposed to head to Hilton Head, South Carolina in a couple weeks as a replacement vacation for the Mexico trip I canceled in March. My doctor told me if the Zika mosquitoes hit Florida, I better get ready to cancel this trip, too. Ugh! Not sure if she is being overly conservative or not. Obviously, it's just a vacation and I know I'm fortunate not to live in an area that is directly impacted. I think we have a few from the southeast US in this group. What are your docs saying?

7. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@Shantuck: I would consider how many travel-related cases were in that area to determine the likelihood that it could get a foot hold there (most likely not very high). Ultimately, I wouldn't be concerned at this point in time and just be diligent about bug spray. If you are by the beach the whole time it should be breezy and mosquitoes can't fly in the wind.

8. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Shantuck: I did read an article this morning that says they think that zika might actually be in Miama now.

With that said, I'm in Louisiana and my doctor wasn't that concerned about it. Mosquitos are basically everywhere here and her comment was to make safe choices (i.e. Don't hang out in a swamp at night without bug spray) but basically you had to keep living your life. She also mentioned that the zika risk is pretty minimal by the 3rd trimester which is where I would be (and am now!) when it was supposed to be its worst.

Honestly I think the likelihood of anything happening on vacation is very, very minimal but I guess there's always going to be that bit of unknown.

9. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Zika freaks me out, but I'm assuming that most damage would be caused pre conception or during the first tri? I wish they knew more about it.

10. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: That's what I originally thought as well but there is some scary stuff out there... http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/06/zika-after-30-weeks/489284/

11. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Shantuck: Ok well now I'm not leaving the house. *back to bed for me*

12. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Shantuck: I am trying not to be concerned with Zika at this point. I live and travel to places that are low/no risk. I think it is just s matter of being smart about exposure.

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I'm also not worried about Zika. There are only 9 cases that have been diagnosed in my state and all of them are travel related. I've been bitten, but everything is fine with baby and I'm not sick. I do avoid going outside during dusk when the skeeters are most active, but I rarely wear bug spray unless I am working in the yard.

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shantuck: Ohh Zika.....I am in FL so I do think about it, but I am not outside after dark or near standing water and I truly never see many mosqitoes and I know they spray weekly in my neighborhood, so I don't think about on a daily basis!

When I hear news like the case in Miami that they were unsure of it being travel related now that scares me!

My Dr. seems pretty relaxed but does advise deet if being out at dusk!

15. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Got a nappy bag today! Happy (almost) birthday to me, haha. Hubby had NO clue what to buy me, so I just got it myself.

16. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: Happy almost birthday! You know you're a parent when a new diaper bag is on the top of your wish list!

17. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Woohoo, I'm officially in the 3rd trimester today. Things are kind of uneventful right now, so I figured I'd do a survey on what everyone plans to do about these things coming up:

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it:
    Who will be in the delivery room with you:
    How will you introduce the big sibling(s):
    Do you have a specific coming home outfit?:
    When will you order your breast pump (insurance):
    Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home:
    Cloth or disposable Diapers:
    Maternity and/or newborn photos:

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: I packed it last time when I was in labor. So probably the same this time.

Who will be in the delivery room with you: husband and medical personnel. No family. I don't even want them at the hospital while I'm laboring.

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): At the hospital.

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: She has a "Little Sister" sleeper that she will probably wear.

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): After October 7 (I only get one every 36 months per my insurance)

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: In our room in either the pack and play or on my chest. We co-bedded for eight weeks last time.

Cloth or disposable Diapers: Both. Disposables until the meconium passes and at night, cloth during the day.

Maternity and/or newborn photos: Nope. Our announcement photo will be one we shoot with our iPhones or our digital camera.

19. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: Probably around 32 weeks. I'll pack the stuff I won't need and have a giant list taped on top. Must haves are snacks (I was starving last time), cell phone charger, and camera/laptop.

Who will be in the delivery room with you: Husband for sure. The past two births both my parents were in the room and last time DD1 was in the room (sleeping) during delivery. This time, I will probably just have them come later after we are settled in the postpartum room.

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): Last time DD1 was asleep and woke up to a new sister. Unfortunately, she was kind of groggy and not sure what was going on. This time I will have them come in first to meet her and then let my parents come in shortly after.

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: I did buy a new sleeper for her to wear home. Nothing fancy, just not a pooped on hand me down.

When will you order your breast pump (insurance):I can't get a new one since it hasn't been two years, so I need to call and get a new tubing kit at some point.

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: Ideally, in her crib with me in the nursery with her.

Cloth or disposable diapers: disposable

Maternity and/or newborn photos: I'm going to DIY them. Maternity I will make my husband be the button pusher. I plan to do those in about 2 weeks. Newborn I am going to wing and may do more lifestyle or may do more formal.

20. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: Knowing me, probably at the last minute.

Who will be in the delivery room with you: Husband and medical staff. I'm really hoping to not even tell family until after baby is here. My ILs can be very high stress and panicky and I don't want to have to deal with that while in labour.

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): No siblings (except the four-legged variety!)

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: Not as of yet.

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): Not planning on it unless it becomes necessary for some reason after baby arrives.

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: In a crib in our room. We'll move the crib to the nursery when baby is a bit older.

Cloth or disposable Diapers: Probably disposable to begin with, but I'm hoping to use cloth eventually.

Maternity and/or newborn photos: All photos will be DIY. We are looking into getting a new camera, though, since our current one is temperamental and we usually just use our phones for pictures right now.

21. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: Last time I packed it right after my water broke at 38 weeks. Hoping to be a little more on top of things this time around!

Who will be in the delivery room with you: Just my husband and the medical staff. Last time we didn't tell a soul until after I delivered. I even called my sister to wish her a happy birthday from the delivery bed between contractions.

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): At the hospital with a gift from little sister. He's already majorly jealous of her for getting to be with me all the time. Ha!

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: I have a "Worth the Long Wait" onesie that I bought while I was having trouble TTC. I watched a movie about the law of attraction that suggested having a baby thing would help you think positive and help good things happen to you. I thought it was hokey but I bought the onesie and did get pregnant the next month...

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): After October 5th (30 days before due date).

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: If all goes well, in her crib with me in a twin bed in the same room.
    Cloth or disposable Diapers: Disposable.

Maternity and/or newborn photos: My sister is a family photographer so I'm lucky to get pictures when auntie comes to meet her niece plus a photo shoot a couple weeks after we get home.

22. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: Probably not until the night before my scheduled c-section. This time I will make sure to throw in a few magazines. I will be in the hospital for around 72 hours and last time I hated having to watch tv...

Who will be in the delivery room with you: No delivery room, just hubs in the OR.

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): My MIL will be watching Arthur, so we're hoping they can come to the hospital a few hours after the birth.

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: No idea yet. I need to dig through the bins and pull out the little stuff.

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): Probably won't. Last time breastfeeding and pumping went horribly. I will see how it goes this time. The hospital has pumps on site to rent if we want to try that route again.

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: In his own crib in the twins' room. Eventually he will room with Arthur, but the twins won't be back here until May, so baby gets his own room for awhile. Neither hubs nor I can sleep with a newborn in the same room as us.

Cloth or disposable Diapers: Disposable.

Maternity and/or newborn photos: None. I'll probably do a little newborn photo shoot with my iPhone and make announcement cards like last time.

23. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

I passed my glucose test! Woohoo! Mom and sister both had GD so I was worried.

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: I'll probably pack around 34 weeks. Definitely appreciate all the suggestions from people on the must-haves. I'll probably way way way overpack.

Who will be in the delivery room with you: DH

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): N/A

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: Not yet, but I plan on ordering cute going home outfits for boy and girl in a few weeks. I'm TG and have a feeling baby will be huge. If baby seems to be measuring way ahead, I may not bother with NB sizes (but I welcome advice on that).

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): I already submitted the info online and supposedly 30 days before my due date, they ship it.

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: We will have an uppababy bassinet and I think we will try keeping it on our room. But we booked a night nurse 3 nights a week for the first month or so so maybe on nights when she is there, we would put the bassinet in another room with her. Not really sure... I guess we'll figure it out.

Cloth or disposable Diapers: disposable

Maternity and/or newborn photos: I think I'll try to DIY newborn photos with my iphone.

24. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@thepicklemonster: Clothing size is really tricky. They do lose weight those first few days, so that is something to take into consideration. My second was 8lbs 6oz and she was in newborn for 3 weeks before moving up a size.

25. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

@whiskers: Thanks, yeah, I think newborn is the way to go. Maybe I'll buy one cute neutral outfit in a bigger size just in case. This is really the least of my worries...but it's the fun part

26. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Shantuck: Right? haha! I had NO idea what else I wanted/needed, so this was a winner.

27. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

When will you pack your hospital bag? Probably around 33 weeks or right before I go to the hospital.
    What are your must have items for it: phone chargers, chap stick, comfy clothes to come home in, my favorite soaps/shampoos/ lotions, coming home outfit for Oliver, nursing supplies
    Who will be in the delivery room with you: Just my husband and medical staff probably. But perhaps one of my parents.
    How will you introduce the big sibling(s): at the hospital.
    Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: we have some options but nothing picked yet.
    When will you order your breast pump (insurance): I will order on from insurance I think.
    Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: His crib is in our bedroom and will remain there for the foreseeable future. We may be moving early next year.
    Cloth or disposable Diapers: disposable at the beginning and then switching to cloth after about 6 weeks.
    Maternity and/or newborn photos: We are planning on both photo sessions. There is a wonderful photographer we have been using for years now. We even already scheduled my maternity pictures to insure we get them done this time. 😉

The hip pain is unreal today. I just want to lay down and cry but the boys make that not an option. 😭

28. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

Well this survey makes me feel super unprepared

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: had not really thought about it, but maybe around 36 weeks? I like the suggestions above of magazines and snacks.

Who will be in the delivery room with you: just my husband (and medical staff, of course)

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): his big siblings are of the doggie variety, so I guess it will involve a lot of sniffing.

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: nope *off to do some online shopping*

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): I keep forgetting to call my insurance to ask about this...

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: bassinet in our room at first, the crib in the nursery.

Maternity and/or newborn photos: planning on newborn photos...that's another thing I need to research.

Nothing really to report here...I passed my glucose test a couple weeks ago. We're on day 7 of 100+ degree days here, which is miserable, but it is supposed to cool down to the 90s next week! Also looking forward to my shower in a couple of weeks

@MrsRcCar: sorry about the hip pain Hope you get some relief soon!

29. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Kitkat: I see the chiro tomorrow morning so I am hoping for at least some relief.

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: I'll pack it gradually over the next few weeks, I think. I did the same from 30+ weeks last time (thank goodness, since I went early & hubby would not have had a CLUE what to do.)

-Clothes
    -Bebe stuff (but not a lot - hospital will provide most
    -Chargers, cables, entertainment
    -Fruit tingles (my life saver during labor)
    -Snacks

Who will be in the delivery room with you: Just hubby!

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): I can't wait to do this .. but I have NO idea yet.

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: A plain wee white onesie that Georgia came home in, I think.

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): We don't get breast pumps in Australia.

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: Cradle next to our bed!

Cloth or disposable Diapers: Sposies. Bought a box on sale this week, and they are SO TINY.

Maternity and/or newborn photos: We won't be doing maternity ones (I think my weekly selfie bump shots are enough, haha) but we will do another newborn shoot. I treasure G's newborn photographs! The only bummer is that our super awesome photographer has moved out of state, so I need to start the hunt over to find someone else.

Pic for good measure:

31. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@jaguar: Oh my goodness, aaaaadddorrable!

32. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: gradually over the next few weeks. No real clue what to pack, but I have bookmarked several Hellobee posts that list all of the must-haves. I'm a major planner/organizer, so pretty excited to get things like this ready

Who will be in the delivery room with you: just my husband

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): just an introduction to our sweet dog, once everyone's home

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: Not yet, but I want to find something cute and soft. I found some adorable options on Etsy - might throw one onto my registry and see if it gets picked up

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): I'm like @kitkat, keep forgetting to call my insurance to ask about this...

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: bassinet in our room at first (we might use a RnP), then crib in the nursery. Our house is tiny so the nursery is literally steps from our bedroom...so we'll see where the little guy actually ends up. Since I hear newborns are very noisy sleepers, perhaps I'll prefer his crib sooner than later?

Maternity and/or newborn photos: planning on newborn photos but have done zero research. How do you know when to schedule them? First 2 weeks or so?

Latest updates from me - I have my glucose test on Tuesday (I'll be 28 weeks). Fingers crossed! My husband and I have been off work all week so we made major progress on the nursery. Feels really good to have gotten a lot done - I'll post some photos soon!

I hope everyone is feeling pretty good this week! I am really struggling with the severe SPD pain, but have seen a chiropractor twice (she specializes in pregnant women and babies) who is doing wonders for me. I want to hug her forever!

33. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TapDancer: you want to schedule newborns in the first 10 days or so so that they are still really sleepy and don't have that acne. Ideally about 1 week when jaundice is a little better. Most likely when you book with your photographer they will give you their recommendation on what works best for them and you will call them when you have the baby to set up the exact day/time.

34. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@whiskers: thanks! I hadn't thought about all the newborn skin stuff and jaundice.

35. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@TapDancer: I can't believe she was ever that teeny!

36. mand4

olive / 62 posts

Ladies--- this baby feels like it's going to bust out Alien style. Seriously. I am thankful that I can feel movement, but this is ridiculous. I feel like I'm about to hatch. Don't remember anything this insane the first time around... Maybe once baby starts fattening up she will chill out a bit?

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: Um, soon. Our dtr arrived at 37 weeks and we didn't take anything expect food with us to the hospital. This time will pack a baby outfit and an outfit for me... We live less than a mile from the hospital, so will send hubs to literally run home if we need anything else. Come to think of it... maybe daddy can jog the baby home in the BOB with the carseat adapter

Who will be in the delivery room with you: husband only. Didn't tell people until after baby was here first time and we loved the quiet time.

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): Not sure, but at the hospital somehow. Big sis will probably cry or refuse to acknowledge baby's real name because she has one picked out...

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: This! Saw it, loved it, found it on clearance for $9: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=1262370120036&cid=1058190

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): n/a have a hand pump that I loved the first time and a back up new electric one from a friend.

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: On our chests, or in packnplay bassinet in our room.

Cloth or disposable Diapers: was gifted a stash of gdiapers we're excited to try this time around

Maternity and/or newborn photos: erm.... need to ask hubs to take a few belly shots and then want to think about getting some newborn ones done with big sis.

37. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mand4: Cute outfit!

I am so happy it is finally August. July was so long.

38. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: You're the best at keeping us all connected and up to date! Thanks for the questions.

When will you pack your hospital bag and what are your must have items for it: YIKES. I packed half about a week before my due date last time and half while I was in labor (aka I yelled at DH to throw more crap in my bag, ha!). This time, I'll do better. And I'll take nursing tops in big sizes so I don't have to wear that terrible hospital gown (that's actually quite hard to nurse discreetly in).

Who will be in the delivery room with you: Medical personnel, DH, doula. NOBODY ELSE.

How will you introduce the big sibling(s): We'll likely have my parents bring her to the hospital.

Do you have a specific coming home outfit?: Nope, not yet. E just came home in a newborn-sized onesie (nothing super special) so maybe we'll use the same one for baby sister.

When will you order your breast pump (insurance): Good question! I need to find out if I can get another one since I had a baby less than two years ago.

Where will baby sleep when he/she gets home: Unless something major changes, in her nursery (which is currently E's room) in her crib. DH can see her from our bed if both doors are open.

Cloth or disposable Diapers: Disposable. I you, Target brand.

Maternity and/or newborn photos: No maternity pics (may get my brother to snap one or two of DH and me + DH, E and me if we see him before the baby comes (he's out of the country for a few months) but nothing official. We'll try to do a family session right after baby comes for announcements and Christmas cards. But it's expensive so we're working out who will do it.

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mand4: Yes! My little guy is a but! He pushes and kicks my whole belly moves and slushes!, G was NENEVER this active!

40. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@mfa_lady: Did you do a doula with your first? Just curious as to whether your doula mostly provides labor support or whether she was helpful in explaining what was happening medically? I know doulas aren't medically trained but I didn't have the best experience with my doc last time (doctor was super late to arrive and when it came time to push, I was given 3 chances to get that baby out or be required to have a c-section... fortunately he came out on that 3rd push!) and was wondering if a doula can be your patient advocate to make things go more smoothly.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee