Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@jaguar: I'm with you. Still sick. It's been a week and a half and I just can't manage to get better.... Ugh.

2. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@avivoca: Get that crap out of here. Don't people know better than to mess with VERY pregnant women?! (Sadly, I know the answer is no. No, they don't know that.)

3. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@avivoca: Ugh. Not cool about your boss.

I was running around this morning trying to get into work before my standing Monday morning meeting. The "fast" walking to the office made it feel like this baby was going to fall out of me. Not the effect I was going for ... not quite yet.

4. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mfa_lady: I said, "So last time I ran this, I got in trouble for the logo not being there and this time, you all are upset because you think it's too big? This is the same size we always run it and our logo is always in the same spot at the same size." Just ridiculous.

Really looking forward to 5:00 on friday. I might even leave early if I have the comp time.

5. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

We had maternity photos done over the weekend. These are some from the sneak! I can't wait to meet some of these soon to be babies!

6. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Ladies!!! This week is my last shot. No more shots after this. That means baby O could come sooner then I planned on. ::cue panic here:: My DH is like well it is fine, everything will be just fine.

7. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsRcCar: Woohoo!!!! So exciting, and I love your pics, as I said on Facey. Gorgeous!

@avivoca: Work people can be morons sometimes. Bring on maternity leave for you!!

@Amorini: Well, falling out will make for a quick labor at least.

@Shantuck: Oh hun, sorry to hear. My cough is so so bad, it has a few more days to shape up and ship out.

8. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I have had a LOT of movement so far today - big toe stretching curls under the rib cage, pokes down low, lots of slow rolls and wiggles, visibly responding to touch - more than I've had in a few weeks. Is this something that happens towards the end?

(Not complaining, especially as I've had a lot of movement scares this pregnancy because of the anterior placenta and location of baby - just a change!)

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@jaguar: my OB says movement usually slows, but all babies are different right?!

10. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@jaguar: I think some of it is where they're sitting in your belly. I can feel him some more days than others. He made me lol yesterday. I absentmindedly started drumming on my belly and I must have startled him bc I've never felt him jump and startle that much before, poor lil guy, his mom already laughing at him.

11. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@FaithFertility: That's what I thought too! It isn't quick moves, very slow-mo stuff.

@Maysprout: That's true! I feel like she's so long in there, I was getting simultaneous shocks to my pelvis and feet in my ribs too!

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsRcCar: Popping in to say you look great and that I'm so happy for you.

13. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@jaguar: Thank you! Our photographer really gets us. (She should she has been doing our pictures for nearly 4 years).

@pregnantbee: thank you. ❤

14. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@jaguar: I have been feeling lots more movement this week as well (I'm 36 weeks) - very squirmy in there! Thought it was supposed to be the opposite, but I'll take it

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: This baby is sooooo active now. It's crazy. I always thought they would slow down at the end but I'm 39.5 weeks almost and she is still super active. I don't remember H being like this.

16. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@avivoca: @TapDancer: Glad it's not just me! I never had this with G, but then, we never got this far along. I'm a whole week over when I had her!

Just had my last OB visit! Baby is still measuring huge (3.8kg est at 37+5) so with margin of error, I could be looking at a 4kg baby!

He did a manual check and baby is super engaged, cervix completely effaced and I'm at 3cm. He also did a membrane sweep.. uncomfy but not too bad.

We go in on Friday morning - break the waters, get the drip in, and get this show on the road! Now to decide whether we do the epi immediately or do some labouring first. He reckons I'll go super fast this time, so I'm starting to lean towards it... decisions, decisions!

17. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@jaguar: So exciting!

18. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@jaguar: wow! So exciting!

19. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Gah, cannot sleep tonight.

Got my replacement tubing for my pump. Need to sterilize bottles. Worked my last shoot tonight and it was so hard moving around. Turned out well, though. In two weeks this baby is free to come when she would like. Just need to power through.

20. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@jaguar: Eeeed! I always request the epi early because it can take them forever to be available and I'd rather have it early than late.

21. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@jaguar: OMG, you get to meet your little magic peanut so soon!!!! So excited for you! Can't wait to get the play-by-play, unless she just pops right out!

22. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@whiskers: Woke up to pee and can't sleep either! Somehow I managed a full 10-11 day at the office today. I don't have too move around too much and it was mostly meetings led by others. Still I fell asleep by 8:30 but now I'm wide awake.

One more day like today, then two days of just work time, no meetings (can work at home part days with my feet up)....and then it will be Saturday and my due date!!!

I suppose I will have to go to work next Monday if baby isn't ready still! I don't have my head around baby coming late yet... Tomorrow morning I have a BPP/'NST and cervical check so I'm hoping for some sign!

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jaguar: AHHHHHH so excited for you to meet this little baby!!!

Three more days of work!

24. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@jaguar: So excited for you!!

25. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

I'm freaking out today because baby really isn't moving at all (she's been crazy every since she started moving). I've had an upset stomach the last few days and have managed to convince myself I got listeria from something and that something terrible is happening/has happened to baby girl.

I'm crazy, right?!

26. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@mfa_lady: I would just assume she is going through a growth spurt and extra sleepy in there. I'd go eat some ice cream.

27. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@mfa_lady: if you are concerned call your OB! In the mean time drink some cold water or juice and see if your little one gets moving.

28. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@whiskers: @MrsRcCar: Thanks, guys. I drank some sugary drinks with lunch and she's been wiggling around a little more. Thanks for the reassurance!

29. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@pregnantbee: It's happening soon! :o

@TapDancer: Is it weird that I'm freaking out? In a good way!

@whiskers: That's the thing my OB was saying - particularly if I *do* labour faster this time... I don't want to miss out if it's nasty at the end (pushing stage, stitching, etc) - so I think I'll go in, do my thing for a bit and make sure everyone knows that I'm definitely keen for the epi at SOME point. I'd even be willing to do more checks so we can keep an eye on things before it takes off - assuming it all goes well, that is.

@Amorini: Haha, I think we're past the stage of popping right out, considering she's growing like a weed in there. This shiz will be hard! I can't believe it's your due date so soon!

@BUNBUN: Thank you!

@avivoca: Or maybe NOT so little baby! I'm anticipating a bigggggg chunky monkey.

@mfa_lady: Phew, glad to hear about the wiggles picking up.

30. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I've been up at 3am because of pregnancy insomnia, this darned cough that won't leave me, and just general random energy. I won't miss this, let me tell you. Even newborn sleep when you're just so tired all the time, that would be better than this!

Since yesterday's sweep, I had a bunch of brown tinged mucus and the odd cramp, but it's died down since then. I was kind of hoping it might take off on its own so I could avoid tomorrow morning, haha... but this is one stubborn baby I'm baking here!

I am having a baby TOMORROW. ermagerd.

Now.... back to my random 5am cleaning spree. A load of washing and a clean kitchen... so random.

31. Maysprout

grapefruit / 4800 posts

@jaguar: best wishes! So excited these babies are showing up

32. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@jaguar: I have been debating this same scenario in my head. I'm definitely open to an epidural, but unsure if I'm supposed to request it immediately when I get to the hospital (of course, depends on the situation and how fast/far things have progressed by then) or wait a bit. Am I supposed to go as far as I can and then get the meds, or get the relief right away? Will be interested to hear how it goes for you! Can't believe it's tomorrow after all you've been through with this little (big) one. EEEK!

33. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Maysprout: I bet today takes FOREVER, haha.

@TapDancer: My OB was saying that of course it's totally up to me (and admitted that as a male, he only bases his thoughts on the women he's guided through labour) - but he was like.. I'd do it if it were me. I was like... well, yeah, because you're a DUDE. My husband would do the same thing!

I think going in there and saying that you're likely to want one, but just not sure exactly when, might be the way to go. I'm just going to be a bit zen and go with the flow on Friday. Or do my best!

34. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@jaguar: Best of luck tomorrow!

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@TapDancer: My provider recommends waiting until you are at least 5 cm and in active labor before getting the epidural.

36. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@avivoca: Interesting, thanks! I'm going to ask my OB about it at my next appt. Would be good to have a general rule of thumb to consider...

@jaguar: Love that! A zen/go with the flow attitude is my philosophy as well. I'm not particularly dead-set on any way I'd like labor to go (except for a healthy outcome!). At first that made me really nervous, but I feel more comfortable after a few convos with my OB/midwife about it and I trust them to guide me through decisions along the way. I think you're right, as long as they know I'm definitely open to an epidural, we'll just see how things go.

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday - baby is head down and ready to rock n' roll. Stretching his legs and poking me a TON on the right side Still have four weeks until my due date though, so although I'm anxious/excited, he's more than welcome to keep cooking in there....

37. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@TapDancer: So in my experience it can take like 1-2 hours for the anesthesiologist to actually come. My thinking is you ask for it the first time they offer if you are starting to get fairly uncomfortable, but not there yet. Then by the time they actually get there you are usually ready or close to ready for it. If not, you can always change your mind when they get there.

I actually lucked out and it was on the quicker side both times - I have hardly even felt active labor. The perk was I had plenty of energy when it came to pushing. My first OB described it like air conditioning - sure we can survive without A/C in 100°F weather, but it can be a lot more pleasant with it.

38. TapDancer

cherry / 246 posts

@whiskers: Ah yes, good point. I definitely don't want to wait until I'm desperate for it and then have it take another hour to show up. Better to ask and then reserve the right to change my mind once it arrives. Love the A/C analogy

39. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@TapDancer: All good news! I say zen now.... watch me in 24 hours. *snort* But I did the same for Georgia - my birth plan was not to have a plan.

Just want these babies all safely here!

@whiskers: Very good points!

40. TFrances

apricot / 286 posts

We're officially home and settling in! That first shower at home was just glorious. The toddler is doing his best to ignore the baby. Hoping we have some brother bonding later this week. I'm feeling better after surgery than last time, although still lots of pain. Need to keep on top of the pain meds. Hoping tonight goes well.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee