Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2017 Moms!

1. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@azjax: fun to have it scheduled! I like the nt, seeing the baby is a huge perk. I told my ob I was sad and anxious about not seeing the baby again until 20w (since it was just a tiny heartbeat last time) and she said if I really want it we can take a quick peek on ultrasound at 12w so I can feel sure it looks like a real baby in there. I'm still so nervous this time around.

2. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@bhbee: your OB sounds really nice and comforting! Do they use a fetal Doppler to try and catch the baby's heartbeat? My OB wants to try next week (11w for me), which seems kind of early to me.

3. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@azjax: yes Doppler would be their usual method and by 12w I guess they assume it would work. Hopefully if they can't hear it next week for you they will give you a peek 😀

4. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@azjax: My doctor said 11 weeks was early for the doppler and she worried it would freak me out. I think you have to be really patient and wait it out at that stage. Hoping for the same as @bhbee: !

Our NIPT results came in surprisingly fast and we are having a (so far) healthy baby girl! DS is still pretty skeptical of the whole baby thing in general, but we're hoping Daniel Tiger / Baby Margaret will help sway him.

5. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@LBee: wow, that was a fast turnaround! Congratulations on your healthy baby girl

6. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LBee: awesome congrats! First update for our list!

7. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@bhbee: I still can't really believe it and keep waiting for them to call and be like - whoops, wrong blood work!

8. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Synchronicity: how are you? Did you have an appt yesterday?

9. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LBee: it's kind of funny, it seems less real than when you can see the parts on the screen!

10. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@bhbee: Completely! It also feels absurd to know at 11 weeks. It was practically a week turn around! My doctor called me herself and said it was 99.3% on sex - last night I was laying in bed thinking "what if I'm that 0.7%?!!?"

11. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bhbee: thanks for checking in! we had our first ultrasound yesterday and everything looked perfect. It finally feels real!

12. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Synchronicity: yay!!

13. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LBee: ha good thing you can have them check at the anatomy scan!

14. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

October 2017 Mamas!

Oct 2 - MRSVDV (#3), CHANZI (#3), SUGARBEE (#2)
    Oct 10 - MRSDECEMBER (#2)
    Oct 12 - LBEE (#2) , COLEYCAM (#1)
    Oct 13 - FANCYGEM (#2)
    Oct 17 - BHBEE (#3)
    Oct 18 - SYNCHRONICITY (#1), BARREMOMMY (#2)
    Oct 19 - AZJAX (#2)
    Oct 22 - MRS. DUKES (#2)
    Oct 23 - CHRISTI70 (#2)
    Oct 25 - MRS.THINMINT (#2)
    mid October - JJ88 (#1 - twins!)

Appointments

Mar 27 - MRSDECEMBER - NT scan
    Mar 29 - COLEYCAM
    Mar 30 - AZJAX
    Apr 5 - BHBEE - NIPT
    Apr 7 - MRS.THINMINT - NIPT, AZJAX - NT scan
    Apr 10 - SYNCHRONICITY - NT scan
    Apr 30 - BARREMOMMY - NIPT

comment if you have any updates!

15. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

since I added our first gender, wondering if anyone plans to be team green?

I'm horrible at waiting, I definitely want to know even though I really don't care about the result this time! I just want to start planning and mainly getting rid of stuff I can't use that I have saved (since we have one of each now, I have a lot of clothes!).

16. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bhbee: I have my IPS/NT scan booked for April 10th! And I totally agree, I cannot wait for the anatomy scan so we can find out what we are having! We have no preference but there is no way I could wait it out.

17. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@bhbee: I think we might do the same as last time and find out the gender but not disclose it. Originally we did that partially to keep our registry gender neutral so we could use things across multiple children. My husband floated the TG idea, but I feel like knowing the gender helped me bond with DS.

18. MrsDecember

pea / 6 posts

Sorry ladies! I have been oh so sick and barely had any energy to update. A little background on me: my husband is military and we are currently stationed overseas. Where he works, my daughter and I are not allowed to live so we live in one town and my husband lives in the barracks at his job. So, he's gone Monday-Friday and comes home on the weekends. Between being sick, taking care of a 2 year old by myself and working, I'm beat! We will be moving back stateside in May and are really looking forward to it! I'm mostly looking forward to having my husband back full time.

Anyways, we had our appointment today and everything looks good so far. I was really relieved. The threat of a mmc has always terrified me. I was honestly sick to my stomach before our appt today. I just haven't really connected with this pregnancy the way I did with my first, but that's mostly due to the fact that I don't have the time to sit around and think about it all day like I did with my daughter. I also still fit in my clothes just fine which at this point with my daughter, I was already in maternity pants. I could button my regular ones but they were really uncomfortable. This time, my clothes fit just fine (until the end of the day). My boobs haven't even grown. I was an entire cup size bigger at this point with my daughter. I know they say every pregnancy is different but it's been hard for me since the only successful pregnancy I've had was with my daughter. Anything different than that experience freaks me out. So all that was on my mind and just had me nervous. But all is well, baby looked great, was moving like crazy, measured at 12w2d and had a heart rate of 180. NT measurement was normal and they took my first round of blood work. I'll go back in 4 weeks (April 29) for second round and hopefully will find out gender at that appointment. I wanted to be team green SO bad but my husband was not excited about the idea. So, we'll just find out. I'm happy either way.

I noticed there's a lot of 2nd/3rd time moms in this group. Anyone experiencing totally different pregnancies already? I was sick with my daughter too but just the way my body is physically responding is different. I'm also on progesterone (which I wasn't with my daughter) and I'm so glad to be done with it! I really feel like it created some of the bad side effects I've been dealing with. I'm hoping now that I'm off of them, the worst is over.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's updates and congrats on the GIRL @Lbee! So exciting! I love that you already know. What a treat =)

19. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@MrsDecember: glad everything is looking good but sorry you're feeling so sick! Hope that passes for you soon!

Any gender guesses from you ladies? Intuition, dreams, gut feelings?

DH thinks we are having a girl and I have been picturing a girl most of the time, although I haven't really told anyone that. I don't have a preference but I cannot wait to find out!

20. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsDecember: I'm sorry you've had such a hard situation! I hope it eases up soon! Yes I agree each one is different in terms of what my body has done in first tri and I have heard many say (and I agree) each one feels harder because you have more on your plate. I keep reminding myself even if one day feels like a total failure it's hopefully a few more weeks until things feel consistently better.

I really don't know about gender ... part of me thinks girl because it seems different than my last pregnancy but I (incorrectly) guessed girl then too so who knows!

21. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@MrsDecember: Sorry you are so sick! I can't even imagine not having my husband to pick up the slack during the week. To answer your question, my pregnancy has been very similar, with shades of differences. The main difference is with my son once I took Zofran I wouldn't have realized I was pregnant. With this one, even when the nausea is under control, I still have a lot of random symptoms (heartburn, sore boobs, break outs).

@Synchronicity: I was 100% it was another boy so I obviously have no intuition. Although I'm still convinced I'm going to be part of the 0.7% that the NIPT is wrong.

@BHBEE: I really feel like symptoms don't indicate sex. I have so many friends who had totally opposite pregnancies and had same sex, etc.

22. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: no idea about gender here! With DS, I had multiple vivid dreams about holding my baby boy, and my hunch was correct.

This time I have no idea and I am just desperate for a healthy baby. Today I just realized that none of the gluten-free grain products I've been eating are fortified with folic acid. I've not been as good with my vitamin this time around because I almost always forget on the weekends, and early on it made me puke. Cue freak out! So instead of obsessing over gender, I'm obsessing over M/C and birth defect risks. I am really too neurotic for my own good.

23. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@bhbee: I'm team green (for the third time). My husband has agreed again as long as we decide on a boy's name by our anatomy scan--otherwise he wants to find out so we know whether or not we need to keep looking for a name! We already have a girl's name chosen.

@MrsDecember: So far this pregnancy is very like my second. That one was not really so different from my first, but I'm with you on the boobs growing fast the first time around, and then the next time--nothing!

I had a couple of super sick weeks when my husband had to do all the dinner cooking for him and the boys (not easy since he gets home after 6), but things are slowly improving... I stopped feeling sick around 13 weeks last time so I'm hopeful that after this week I'll be in better shape. I had my second appointment with my midwives and everything looks good. They had some trouble finding the baby's heartbeat but eventually did--just very briefly. I'm looking at plane tickets for a summer trip in July/August and wondering how I'm going to manage a cross country plane trip with an almost 2 year old (September birthday) lap baby at 7 months pregnant! And my older son too, but at least he'll have his own seat. This definitely seems like the right time to pony up and buy an extra seat for the little guy but I'm not sure my husband will go for it. Sadly he won't be traveling with us to help out!

@azjax: I've also been terrible about my prenatals for the last month or so. Drinking enough water is hard too!

24. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@chanzi: I travel alone with mine a lot but thankfully they were each already two when I was pregnant 😀 One strategy I have had work in the past is to choose seats for you and your oldest that are aisle and window near the back. That middle seat is not likely to fill up, unless the plane is full in which case nothing you can do. But if it does fill up someone will always switch you to get out of the middle so I figured no harm done to try. Also get to the gate a bit early and look super pregnant and pathetic and see if the gate agent will help you if there are any extra seats anywhere!

25. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@chanzi: you're braver than I am; I don't think I could travel with 2 kids on my own while preggo!!
    @MrsDecember: you must really be looking forward to have DH back full time! Hopefully the move goes smoothly and you feel better soon.

26. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

Ugh ladies, just went to the bathroom and wiped red. And after I had been thinking "wow I felt pretty good today until 6pm!" It's not a ton yet but it's definitely there, not just a drop. I guess there's nothing to do but call ob in the morning. And hope I don't start having bad cramping. And of course dh is on a business trip and no preschool or anything tomorrow to give me a break. Just freaking out and I know I just have to wait

27. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@bhbee: oh no! Hoping for the best possible outcome for you, especially since there are many women that experience spotting with healthy pregnancies .

28. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bhbee: sending you good vibes! I had a couple of bleeding episodes (along with some mild spotting) earlier in this pregnancy.. Once with enough red blood that I honestly thought it was over. No cramping though. My ultrasound last week looked good! Hoping that nothing comes of this for you and your babe.

29. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@bhbee: Fingers crossed it's just harmless bleeding. I bled with DS and he's perfectly healthy. And like @Synchronicity: I bled so much that I was sure it was over (albeit it was later in pregnancy).

30. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

Thanks ladies. I didn't see anything this morning at least. I'm freaking out about every twinge but haven't had anything I could really call cramps. Hopefully they'll see me tomorrow just for some peace of mind. Even if it's bad I'd want to just know.

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

No good news here. They fit me in but I had to take both kids so I brought iPad and headphones and I think that worked at least. Not a discussion I want to have with my 5yo. Anyway intuition was right, baby stopped growing and no hb. Planning on a d&c Friday when dh is back to help with kids. For now I just try to distract myself I guess and hope nothing happens before Friday while I'm alone with kids. This sucks

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: Oh no mama, I am so sorry! Keeping you in my thoughts

33. Lmcc2290

apple seed / 1 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

34. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@bhbee: I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you.

35. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bhbee: oh I'm so sorry thinking of you, lady.

36. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: @LBee: @Synchronicity: thank you friends. I know it's going to be ok. This is the third October baby I've lost, the other two early. Not meant to be, but I have two other beautiful babies to hug today.

37. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@bhbee: oh no I am so sorry to hear this . I hope that this week passes without incident and your D&C goes well. Take care, mama .

38. coleycam

coffee bean / 32 posts

@bhbee: I am so, so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and it's just so hard. Take care of yourself

39. coleycam

coffee bean / 32 posts

Thought I'd update after my appt today. Everything went well. Just general initial checkup, pap, etc. We got to hear the heartbeat, which was so nice to ease my mind! About 150 bpm I'm scheduled for my NT scan/tests on April 10th and my next check in appt on April 27th.

I've got to man up and get the bloodwork done. I got my referral today and wanted to go, but it's been a lifelong fear of mine and I just wasn't mentally ready

40. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@coleycam: great to hear the baby's HB! Having blood drawn is a bummer. Could you ask your OB's office if they recommend one place or another? My ped recommended one lab over another for my son's 1yr bloodwork and I'm glad we went there because they did a great job.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee