Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 moms

1. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Silva: My sister and I are 18 months apart and crazy close so I really wanted a close age gap but I had a rough first pregnancy and a traumatic birth and my employer discriminated against me based on my pregnancy and retaliated against me for it so I needed a new job and that took awhile so here we are with a bigger gap (that I am feeling better and better about) than I wanted. But I spent a lot of time working through my feelings and recognizing that whatever age gap we ended up with would be right for us and I think it will be the same for you.

2. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Checking in! Had my first appointment on Friday. U/S showed I was measuring at 5w6d (based on LMP I was 7w) but I actually thought I ovulated later that cycle so it actually made more sense to me.

I had to laugh- the U/S tech didn’t speak awesome English, and at one point, she said to me “stop breathing” and I just looked at her like...uhhh what?? And then she quickly said, “oh! Hold your breath!” We had a good chuckle.

Next up, blood work and then scheduled again for March 22 with my OBGYN. I’m super hesitant to tell work because I’m in for a promotion and I don’t want it to hinder my chances- but with the blood work, docs appointments, I feel like they may catch on...

Starting to have some random mild nausea, but nothing intense, so I am thankful for that.

When is everyone scheduled for their first appointment?

3. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Kmomartin: my first appointment is March 15th

4. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Hi Mamas! I haven’t been active here since my first pregnancy, but excited to join the community again. I just found out I’m expecting my 2nd baby!

EDD: 10/30

First child? 2nd. I have a daughter who is 2.5

Any symptoms? Not yet

Who have you told? Parents, brothers & Best friend.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? With my first pregnancy I had so much anxiety about a potential miscarriage I was afraid to even be happy about it until I hit 12 weeks. This time I’ve decided to be happy and stress free. Complications can happen but there’s nothing I can do about it. I had a healthy pregnancy the first time and have no reason to believe this one will turn out differently. So excited to be giving my daughter a sibling! First appointment is March 8th.

5. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: you got your BFP later than I did but LMP is the same so that sounds reasonable to me. My first appt is March 5. Such a long wait!

@buttermilk: Welcome! My first kiddo’s birthday is 10/29 - it’s perfect - close enough to Halloween but not actually on it.

6. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: thank you for the reassurance

7. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Kmomartin: glad that your appointment went well! I can't wait to get mine over with- not until March 12.

8. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

hmmm....I haven't even booked a doctor's appointment yet oops. Although after this morning I am finally feeling a little bit more pregnant because I feel so nauseated. Ugh I woke up at some point in the night to pee and have just been feeling queasy ever since.

9. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: I hate the long wait between a BFP and the first doctor visit so I called at 3w3d so they could get me in at 8 weeks.

10. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I am not that on top of anything these days LOL! All I can think about is what I want to eat.

11. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I feel like my nausea is getting worse? Then I remember I'm only 7 weeks and some women don't even have symptoms until 8 weeks so it's possible I'm not even at the worst point of this yet. But I had a McFlurry for dinner and they put too many M&Ms in it (which was never a problem I had before I developed a chocolate aversion.) Sorry I'm such a whiner on the board, I just don't have that many people IRL who are willing to listen to me complain.

I have become obsessed with checking the #dueinoctober hashtag on Instagram and am really surprised by the number of people on non-ttc specific accounts who have announced already! Are any of you all out on social media or are you waiting until later?

12. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I hope you feel better sooner rather than later! I didn’t have an ounce on nausea with my first and am very curious if this pregnancy will be different. I’ve only told immediate family. I don’t plan to announce to the world until 12 weeks. Part of that reason is to help pace myself and my anticipation during the pregnancy!

13. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: yes I hear you on the chocolate aversion too! And I’m even further behind you not quite at 6 weeks. Seems ridiculous already to be feeling yucky. I wasn’t very sick with my first but do remember having very specific wants of what I wanted to eat. Juice, fruit, Mexican.

I haven’t really told many people. Close friend who’s in New Zealand, another good friend here and my mom. I’m going to wait as long as possible to tell anyone else like we did last time. I fear it might be harder if I only want to eat chips lol!

14. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: I have felt nauseated from before 4 weeks both pregnancies. This time I think I’m having even more food aversions than last time and am eating nothing but cheese and carbs.

15. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: ugh that’s terrible. Hopefully it subsided soon. I’m the same cheese and carbs to settle my stomach.

16. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yogifish: I threw up until 22 weeks with my first so I am lacking in hope these days. It did get better around 16ish weeks the first time but that is still a waaays away.

17. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: that sounds awful! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you it isn't that bad this second time around!

18. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I totally checked the hashtag on IG and wish I felt as confident as those women who have announced so soon! I am so anxious about the whole thing that I feel like it won’t be entirely “real” for me until I hear a heartbeat, feel something, etc. A friend of mine who had a MC before a successful pregnancy last year told me that you have to focus on what you CAN control- vitamins, what you’re eating, water intake, staying active. As opposed to everything else that’s going on in my body that I have zero control of- aka this little bean growing in there

19. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Kmomartin: I was like that too my first pregnancy. It just feels very surreal without some outside confirmation that there is in fact a tiny human on the inside. I don't think it's an unusual reaction either. My rule of thumb this time and first pregnancy was that I would tell people about the baby that I would also tell if something went wrong. You have to make your own choices, and I guess those people who announce on social media super early are either naïve or think they would benefit from online support if something went wrong.

20. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@yogifish: I sort of love having all of you non-first time moms on here because you are all SO wonderful and reassuring. I hope I can grow up to be like y’all with my next pregnancy!

So far I’ve told two of my closest friends, our immediate families and our best “couple” friends. I think we’ll pretty much wait to tell the rest of the world until 12-14 weeks.

21. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Kmomartin: it is really nice to have mom friends with experience both when pregnant and when you have a new baby because you have no idea what is going on! I find this still applies now as my 2 year is having epic scale tantrums and moms with older toddlers tell me that this too shall pass

I do find it super hard to keep a secret though when it's basically all you can think about!

22. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Today at therapy my therapist kept asking me how I feel and I kept saying, "hungry. and nauseated. mostly hungry. where can I get a milkshake?" I'm going to need to stop scheduling lunchtime sessions and eating afterwards. But now I know that there is a 5 guys on the way to therapy. (My therapist is expecting a baby this month so he has a decent amount of understanding for this.)

23. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

BTW I started a secret/private instagram to document this pregnancy, hoping to eventually get a chatbook made for kid 2. It’s @2_4_t (all the other variations on two for tea were taken) if anyone wants to follow.

24. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

All I can think about is food when I'm not eating and then when it's actually time to eat I don't want to eat anything I cooked LOL. It's terrible. I feel like I am feeling so much worse earlier this time than the first go around. Or maybe I just don't remember. SO TIRED and just an overall feeling of ugh.

How's everyone else?

25. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I’m having crazy bloating! I don’t remember this from my first pregnancy. My tummy feels so big and it hurts! Lol.

26. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Just wanting to update:

I had a repeat ultrasound today to check viability since I had surgery so early in the pregnancy. My EDD measured at 10/8 (also our anniversary!). I’m sure this is the EDD they will use since the first one when I was in for my gallbladder didn’t note a fetal pole. There was also a small amount of fluid noted around the gestational sac of unknown significance so we’ll have to keep an eye on that.

Overall this pregnancy I have been very sick. It’s actually the first time I was given a script for Zofran and most days I can hardly eat or drink. Baked potatoes are like the only food I can handle.

As if starting this pregnancy off with a lap coley and feeling crappy wasn’t enough, I just found out yesterday that I also have papillary thyroid carcinoma. So we will now be trying to manage cancer, as well as a healthy pregnancy. Currently just trying to absorb it all and take it all in.

27. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@anbanan15: I"m so sorry you are going through all of that. I can't imagine how stressful it must be. I hope you are able to get lots of support (and naps) right now.

28. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@anbanan15: oh my gosh, what a hard time! I’m so sorry.

I thought Zofran was contraindicated now for pregnancy? I took it with my first but I thought they didn’t prescribe it for morning sickness anymore? I don’t want to add another thing to your pile of worries but maybe double check with your doc about it.

29. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Silva: @Ms.Mermaid: Thank you.

He said they don’t like to use it anymore, that a few years back it was given to everyone, but given that I have days where I am unable to eat or drink anything and nothing else was helping. He did instruct me only to use it if I am actively vomiting and not simply feeling nauseous. When I was in got my gallbladder they were giving me zofran around the clock.

30. alwayssunny722

coffee bean / 49 posts

@anbanan15: So sorry that you're going through this! Hope you're able to find some reprieve and rest in the midst of it all.

31. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@anbanan15: Zofran is amazing and I hope it helps you. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

32. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

First appointment is tomorrow and I'm so nervous. I will be so frustrated if I have felt this horrible for this long only to have things not work out.

33. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Good luck

34. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: sending good vibes your way!

35. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

So, apparently my practice doesn’t do pregnancy confirmation ultrasounds and makes you wait until the NT scan? At that I freaked out because I cannot feel this sick for another month only to find out development stopped at 6 weeks. They agreed to refer me to radiology for an early dating scan and that appointment is next Monday but I’m so, so disappointed. I took an entire morning off work and I don’t know anything more than I did before.

36. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: i'm so sorry- that is very frustrating! I'm anxiously awaiting my appointment in a week for the same reason.

37. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@anbanan15: You poor thing! hang in there! hopefully you have lots of help from family.

38. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I think for us in Canada that's pretty standard. I have my first appointment today at 6.5 weeks and am truly debating lying and saying I'm confused on my dates to get an early ultrasound because I don't want to wait another 6 weeks. However, I did that with the same doctor my last pregnancy so I'm not sure I can get away with it LOL!

39. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: oh my- I agree that is very frustrating and super disheartening when you’re ready for confirmation (especially given your intense sickness) I hope the time goes fast during your wait for the ultrasound.

40. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

Yup just as I suspected. Got my sheet for bloodwork and get to go back next week for a pregnancy physical (even though I just had a physical in December) but no ultrasound until they send you for more bloowork and the NT/1st trimester screen between 11-14 weeks.

UGH. That's a long time to wait for confirmation. I'm trying to be zen but I feel like I have the worst hangover of my life 24/7 and I'd also really just like to know that it's for a reason.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee