Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Lol. Will do.
    He can't look at me any crazier πŸ€ͺ for things I come up with ... wait until I pass that message on. 🀣
    So, I haven't really caught up with this board yet. How have things been while I've been MIA?

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: we got a couple positives, MamaBear87's first ultrasound went well, I got all the odd ball femara side effects, yellowbeach had a crap batch of FRERs unfortunately, but has another transfer scheduled for Friday on her and her husband's anniversary, jessiemueller and supernova are less and less guarded about excitement over their BFPs I'm not sure what I missed

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: yay! Welcome back!

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: also, I’m 3dpo too, so twins this month!

5. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: I was so excited to log on and see this great news!

@kaohinani: The POAS board feels complete again. I could stomach you leaving for a BFP but anything else well - selfishly we missed you!

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow! So much news in a little time. Geez! I'm so happy Mamabear's ultrasound went well! πŸ’™ OMG, jessiemueller AND supernova received BFPs after CPs?!?!? That is AWESOME!!!! πŸ’œ What an amazing gift! I really hope Yellowbeach has some luck with her next embie transfer. 🀞 Also, I'm holding on to that hope your lucky #2 is coming soon. πŸ˜‰

@LazB: Hi, hun! Thank you! Yay, we can be "cycle twins" this month! πŸ€— I could use a buddy this TWW now that I'm back in the game.

@Yellowbeach: Thank you! Actually, I feel the same ... If you are moving on, it better be because this next transfer takes. πŸ˜‰πŸ€ž (AND I want updates .... many, many updates. πŸ˜‚)

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: Hi! Glad to hear you're feeling better with some space ☺

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So here's an update for you @kaohinani:

Yesterday afternoon I had to take my trigger shot, but they were out of single dose 10000u Hcg so I had to take 2x5000u shots. You'd *think* that since I'm in the medical field I'd be good at this, but truth is when we wet through our egg retrieval, DH gave me 99% of my shots cuz I'm a huge wimp when it comes to needles.

Anyway, they sent 22g needles only - which are pretty big for an IM injection, but whatever. I stuck shot #1 right in my butt and it wasn't that bad until... I pulled the needle out and blood shot out like a spray and hit the bathroom counter I reached for an alcohol prep as fast as I could to just cover the geyser. For a half second I worried I'd hit an artery, but then I remembered I picked my butt because it's all fat - no big vessels. But then it occured to me I could have just main-lined it straight into my vein. Lol. I cleaned up, did the 2nd shot, which went fine...

I think in retrospect the volume of medicine you inject creates a little pressure in the space, and that big needle had made a pretty good pathway for even a small amount of blood to shoot right back out. 2 hrs later I felt like I was about 8 weeks preggo with all the nausea and fatigue. My tests popped positive in just a short 45 minutes after.

But I did it! I conquered the needles, albeit with a minor blood bath, but hey... it counts.

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you! Im feeling better. So happy to read that your first U/S went beautifully! That is very exciting news!

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: OMG! That is hysterical in hindsight. I'm certain you didn't find it funny at the moment but I keep picturing you standing there, all self-satisfied for giving yourself your injection only to remove it and find a plethora of blood spraying from you like a prop "squirt pack" off of a movie set. πŸ˜‚ I can only imagine that, momentarily, near-panic set in until you realized it was your butt and you are a physician. Poor thing. Those d*mn needles πŸ’‰ will get you every time. Very proud of you for doing your own injections though ... that is a HUGE hurdle to overcome for someone who isn't a fan of needles. πŸ’œπŸ‘πŸ‘

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: that’s too funny! Dh gives the shots to me in my stomach, and even though I don’t mind them, I’d definitely freak out if blood was shooting out!

For those taking CoQ10, are you supposed to stop at some point? Like after O or after Bfp?

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: After you receive your BFP. It would no longer be worth it to take them for egg quality at the time that your egg becomes an embryo and implants ... also, studies are inconclusive on if extra Coq10 (not produced by the body) is detrimental to fetal development. Studies have shown, though, that it can be used in the late 2nd to 3rd trimesters (along with DHA, NOT DHEA) to aid those with preeclampsia... no harm was found to those babies.

13. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Yay you’re back @Kaohinani: I literally was just thinking about you and hoped you were doing well!!!

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@QBbride: Thank you!!!! I thought about you while I was on hiatus. πŸ’™ How have you been this cycle?

15. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Kaohinani: good thanks! Nothing new to report for me. I think I’m CD 9-10 today so I will start OPKs and BD!! We’ve had a slow start to this month haha.

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@QBbride: 🀞 You OV soon and for a lucky month!

17. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: Welcome back! Glad you’re in a better head space!

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom:Regarding your proclamation of love for giving me the password, DH said (with one eyebrow raised): He, oddly, has never felt so appreciated for giving up a password in his life. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Hey, mamacita, I haven't been around for any updates on the adoption... how is that going?!? If you want, wall me. I have been so invested in both of your futures.

19. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh, wow, I’m retrospect that’s hilarious, but I totally would’ve freaked if it happened to me. Good thing you know what you’re doing, and didn’t need to worry about it!

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: Thank you! I appreciate the warm welcome. How have you been this cycle?

21. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: Less anxious, but still waiting for AF to get here. Had spotting and a clear bfn on Friday, so I still think I’m out. If it gets to Tuesday (would be 4 days late) I’ll test again.

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: In that case, I will keep my F'x 🀞for you and hope you are just one of those late to implant with a slower HCG increase. πŸ˜‰πŸ’œ

23. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@yellowbeach: We got married the same day - my 5th year anniversary is Friday also! Hopefully the transfer falling on your anniversary sends you good vibes!

24. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: Glad to see you back - we missed you! Hope this one is it for you!

I also ovulated early this cycle around CD10. Hopefully it's a good sign 😊

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: hahahaha πŸ˜‚ I'm glad he feels appreciated!

My aunt is coming down with her for a visit in a couple weeks (hopefully, because things change with this crew if a fly farts πŸ™„) to kind of see what she thinks and where she'll go to school and what not... Then hopefully everything comes to a head soon after.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Thank you! Incidentally, did you see the statistics on early ovulation? Ovulation (CD 9 and 10) has close to 45% pregnancy rate. I'm holding hopeful (not just because I'm Pro-positivity, but because I'm pro-statistics! πŸ˜‰πŸ€žπŸ˜‚).

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Odd question for the medicated cycles masses...

This might be idiot logic... But does a really heavy/clotty period maybe indicate a thicker uterine lining? This being my first femara period it's been really different, and I was curious if it was caused by the fact that femara isn't supposed to thin your lining like Clomid. Or if it just a coincidence?

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: That's crazy! I wonder why that is?!

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Good, you and your little cousin need closure on this. I REALLY hope you get to adopt her because, in my heart, I believe your home is the safest and happiest home she will know.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Besides the statistics on FF and one on another site, here is a scholarly study that finds early ovulation can (and does result) equal pregnancy unlike what most people are told (* issues in ovarian reserve, AMA, hormonal issues, etc).
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC27529/

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Yes, usually with more clots and blood (viscosity) there is a thicker (denser) lining. If you are passing small clots and nutrient thick lining with minimal cramping... this is an AWESOME sign as it means that your lining WAS optimal for implantation on Femara (* according to all of the information I have). This up-and-coming cycle could be your lucky!!!! πŸ€žπŸ’™ Huge clots, heavy bleeding, and cramps = bad mojo.

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I just have normal cramping but it's just heavier and clottier? I'll take the "it could be a good sign" 😁

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Sounds good! πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ Minimal cramps with a decent flow is good. Hey - You need to get knocked up so I can get knocked up. 🀣 In TWINS, they have babies at the same time. C'mon, now. LOLOLOL.

34. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: that’s really interesting! I couldn’t believe I was Oing so early this month, hopefully it means good things!

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: This is just a single study (out of many I have found) but highlights the prospect of a positive outcome the best in a non-clinical way (ie layman's terms). Such studies afford me hope during wonky cycles and keep me going. πŸ’™

36. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Kaohinani: Ahhh!! It’s SO good to see you back on HB. It just wasn’t the same. So much luck to you this cycle!!!

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SupernovaJ: OMG! Thank you! I never got to congratulate you on you BFP! πŸ’œ I am Soooooooo UNBELIEVABLY happy for you (and @Jessiemuller88)! Happy and healthy 9 for you, hun. πŸ˜ƒπŸ€ž

38. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@skinnycow: ah what a coincidence- what are you guys doing to celebrate? I just locked in a babysitter for the evening.

39. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

foodiebee: 10/2
    Blythe: 10/4
    lioness21: 10/5
    starlitsky: 10/7
    Cat620: 10/10
    paranundrum: 10/10
    Petitduck: 10/11
    Kaohinani: 10 /11
    skinnycow: 10/13
    LAZB: 10/13
    jaybirdie: 10/13
    QBbride: 10/15
    yellowbeach: 10/15
    Sams Mom: 10 /21
    karenbme: 10/25

Here is the updated list. Good luck ladies!!

40. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Kaohinani: So sweet. Thank you.

This is such a good group of ladies to follow this cycle!! Ahh I feel so invested and rooting for all of you.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee