Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas - Postpartum

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: If you think you can get him trained prior to the babies I think that may be your best option. If you try once you're ending leave then you'll be having to deal with baby in one hand while you rush him to the potty anytime he has to go, which may be a bit crazier. Good for you for trying!

2. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@jetsa: Are you worried at all about potty training and then having a regression once the baby comes? P really isn't interested yet. I'm glad I have the time to take my time.

3. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: haha exactly. That'd be fun

@Grace: I figure there will be a regression but that it won't be as bad as training at that point, eh we'll see. I haven't quite decided when to try. If like a few more readiness signs before I jump in.

4. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: DD1 is 15 months so we aren't quite ready to potty train her, plus DD2 is 3 weeks old and I can't imagine trying it now! DD1 isn't talking yet so she can't tell us when she needs to go, aside from grabbing her diaper or something. And she hasn't seemed to interested in the toilet yet. What are some other signs I should look for (in a few months)?
    P.S. How's your second pregnancy going? How far along are you now?

5. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: Jack's talking quite a bit but hasn't put a word to using the bathroom yet so that's the big sign I'm waiting for. He loves the potty and wants to flush so I think he's getting close once we get that. He hides when he pops so I think that's a good indication he's almost ready too.
    I'm 25 weeks, it's flying by! All is good so far, having a little girl this time. :). How's having 2?

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MapleMoose: Congratulations on baby #2! How are you holding up? I've always heard from friends that the transition from 1 to 2 is the hardest. How was your second labor?

7. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: Ah, alright, we aren't seeing those kinds of signs yet here. DD2 is doing great except her days and nights are mixed up. The transition when she was born was way easier than I imagined. DD1 loves to "help" pat her back when I burp her, get diapers, gives her hugs, it's adorable! I'm EPing again this time and it's going well, I've even started a freezer stash. I'm taking more milk plus this time, eating lots of oatmeal, and chugging water. Plus everything just seems a little easier this time, probably because I'm not a rookie anymore! That's fun to have a boy and a girl. Big brother is going to be so protective!

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: ha I've heard the opposite that 0 to 1 is the worst and 1+ is easy

@MapleMoose: I'm glad to hear she's so involved I'm hoping Jack will be the same, he's a snuggler so I think he will. I knows husband is like we're going to have an issue when she starts dating bc they'll only be a year difference in school!

9. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@marionberry: Thank you! I almost had the baby in the car. It was scary. The first pregnancy I was induced 10 days late because labor never started but this time it was so fast. Contractions started at 9:30pm and were 2 minutes apart. We left for the hospital a little before 11:30pm and my water broke in the car and immediately the baby was crowning and I couldn't help but push. Somehow DH managed to get me into the L&D ward and after 8 minutes of pushing (including in the car) DD2 came flying into the world. I had a second degree tear and I was pretty shaken up because I expected to be induced again but at least labor was quick! But man oh man it was painful!

ETA: Adding another baby actually wasn't as hard as I imagined (read: worried about) while pregnant with #2. I knew to expect sleepless nights and whatnot. I can't say how it'll be to add two babies at once when you already have one though, you'll be our expert on that! How are you doing this pregnancy? I'm sure it's a lot different carrying two around all day, especially while chasing after a little one.

10. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: ahh I'm worried about this. I was induced as well and my labor was fast (from 3 to 10 in 3 hours), we're only 25 mins from the hospital this time so I guess it'll be fine!

11. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@MapleMoose: Wowza! That's wild. Congratulations!

12. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: You'll be fine! Just make sure your childcare is ready to go at any moment. We called my parents at 10:30pm and they were at my house in 30 minutes thankfully.

@Grace: Thank you! I had zero signs of labor earlier that day too, so it completely took me by surprise. How is everything going with you?

13. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@MapleMoose: congrats on your new baby I'm so glad to hear the transition from 1-2 wasn't as bad as you thought!

@jetsa: I haven't thought too much about potty training yet. She tells us when she's doing a #2, but that's all. Unless she shows more signs of being ready, I'll leave it until she's closer to 2.

14. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: my sister lives with us so we'll be set there

15. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@illumina: Thank you! Any TTC plans for you?

@jetsa: That's perfect!

16. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@MapleMoose: the plan is to start trying in August/September. We have too much going on before then and I really don't want to feel as rough as I did when pregnant with LO! I'd like to have a Summer baby next time

17. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@MapleMoose: Good! Really enjoying the toddler stage. If I had my way (and if it didn't involve a 19 month pregnancy), I'd totally skip the infant stage and go straight to toddler!

18. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Grace: Oh I totally agree! I would love to skip straight to 12 months! Though having said that, I might enjoy it more knowing it might be the last time.

19. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Grace: @illumina: I like the newborn phase but I do admit that every new stage DD1 reaches is better than the last. She's so much fun now that she's more interactive. She amazes me with the things she knows how to do.

20. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@illumina: @Grace: bahaha that is one of the first things my husband said this time! Can you just keep them in until a year I wish, I much prefer my toddler to a newborn. This is our last and I'm thankful to be on the downward slope of pregnancy, I just do not enjoy sharing my body although I intend to nurse to a year plus again but still.

21. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@illumina: Lol - let me know if that's the case.

@MapleMoose: I know eh? And every time she does something new or unexpit makes me feel like my kid is a freakin' genius!

@Jetsa: sharing in pregnacy is a whole different league from sharing in breastfeeding!

22. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MapleMoose: I feel healthier this pregnancy (I'm sure only related to the fact that I'm constantly chasing J) but being the size of an overdue pregnant mom with 8 more weeks to go is really rough. Baby B is always shoved up in my ribs causing a lot of pain on occasion and then sleeping is certainly interesting. Luckily they've been really high and so I don't feel that dragging weight on the bottom of my belly. I'm sure it will be much worse when they finally drop and prepare for labor. Given that I never got to labor with J (scheduled c-section) I'm really not sure what to expect with these guys. I have a scheduled c-section for 38w3d but they're unlikely to last in there that long - twins usually average about 36 weeks...so there's a good chance I'll be in actual labor first. Way to go in handling all of that craziness with your second labor! I can't imagine how much I'd be freaking out!

23. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Wow so good to catch up with you all!

@MapleMoose: congrats on your LO! What a crazy birth story!!

@jetsa: @marionberry: hope you're both feeling well...I am exhausted while pregnant with a toddler...I can't imagine how tiring it will be with a newborn

@illumina: I think I will enjoy this newborn phase more too! I think I'll realize it's a fleeting time, and it will be my last. Totally have mixed feeling about that !

24. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Charm54: I know, I would have bet money that I would be induced again. Makes you wonder why/how each pregnancy can be so different. I missed your announcement... Congratulations!! When are you due?

25. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Charm54: I spent time researching today to see if you were pregnant. I saw you're due in Oct but hadn't had a chance to write in congratulations yet. So happy for you!!

26. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Hi Ladies!! So nice to read what everyone has been up to again... so many of us expecting, planning or had #2...very exciting.
    @MapleMoose: Congrats!! One of the mums in my local sept13 mothers group had her #2 last month and didn't even make it to he hospital!! Her husband delivered the baby! Fast labors scare me since my first was only 5 hours! So nice to hear you are doing well and settling in with 2. I am so excited but nervous at the same time!
    @Charm54: Congrats - I am so excited for you

27. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Thank you! That must have been so scary at the time...but it makes for a great story after! How are you doing during your second pregnancy? Do you find this time it's flying by? I thought it went by so much faster because DD1 keeps me running.

28. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@MapleMoose: so far so good. You are right, it is flying by so so quickly. It's hard to believe she will be here in 3 months! DS does keep me busy thats for sure! what does your dd think of the new baby?

29. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@MapleMoose: @marionberry: @Mrs squirreld: Thank you ladies! I'm due Oct 3rd, so 6 weeks today. I'm exhausted, nauseous, and dh left for Australia today for 2 weeks. It will be, erm, interesting to say the least! Just hoping to make it through in one piece (dd and I both haha)

30. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Mrs squirreld: DD1 loves helping us care for her baby sister. It's so cute. She hugs her when she cries and gets items like diapers and blankets for us. I was worried that DD1 would be upset and jealous sharing her parents with this new person but the addition of DD2 was natural and without any big issues. (Thankfully!)

@Charm54: Oh boy, you are a supermama! I hope things go smoothly. I bet your DD will love all the one-on-one attention these next two weeks.

31. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

Is anyone else's LO acting really...crazy lately? Like LO will be laughing her head off one minute and then cranky and crying the next. I don't know whether it's this final wonder week, teeth, a cold, or what!

32. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@illumina: J has definitely been more emotional lately and they say it's very natural. He went through a streak of constant tantrums and now he's really emotional but sweet and helpful too. It's just the age and they're learning so much!

33. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@illumina: Only crazy in the sense that she's a super happy baby, except for when she's frustrated or not getting her way, she melts down. She turns it off and on like a switch though, which can be a bit crazy.

34. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@illumina: i just read these posts out loud to DH and he said..wow its like they are talking about E. He has been very very moody lately. Frustrated at the smallest the things and flips out. He is also learning a ton, it blows my mind sometimes how fast he learns. He is also very affectionate now...I am a little worried as to how he will react when we bring baby #2 home in May

35. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: My thoughts exactly! Ds has just started to really like being read to, so we bought a good big brother book and he's been getting really into it. We also tell him all the time about his brothers and we go into brothers' room all the time so I think he's getting more used to it. I think regardless it will certainly be hard for him to get less attention, especially at this age where he's very emotional and always wants me vs DH. But my pediatrician told me that two months after they get here he won't remember life before them, so we just have to get through that two month window.

36. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: oh going into their rooms must help...good idea. I must start reading him the big brother book more. I really dont think he understands I'm having a baby though...I wish we would hurry up and find out about our move, so I can get her room together. Hopefully we get some news this week. He does love pointing out babies in books and real life, so hopefully he will be ok. The 2 month rule is both reassuring and a little sad. How are our tiny babies 18 months old...with more tiny babies on the way!!

37. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Does anyone about to have #2 wonder how you could love a new baby (or 2 in my case) as much as you love your first? Jack and I are really close and I love him more than anything. It's hard for me to imagine equally loving all of my kids that much but I imagine you do?!

38. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@illumina: wow, this is totally C!!! Happy as a clam, then melts down at the drop of the hat over something ridiculous. I think it might be because she's frustrated she can't get the words out, even though she knows what she wants to say. I'm glad it's not just us!!

@marionberry: I don't so much worry about not loving #2 as much, I've heard from everyone that it's so natural and it happens without even having to think about it....I worry about not having the same time with #2 and giving him/her the same close start in life. C and I spent a whole year together before I went back to work - everything revolved (revolves?) around her - and I feel a little heartbroken that my time this time will be shared. As it is I'm exhausted at the end of the day now .... I hope I have enough energy to give #2 the time he/she deserves! I guess that's the nature of having a second, though. You must be getting excited - you're so close!!

39. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

Thanks everyone! It's been a frustrating week! She seems really indecisive as well so it's like "Mum hold my water, no give it me, no hold it, no put it down" then "I want this book, no this one, no that one" as soon as I start reading. Ugh! Toddlers!

40. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@marionberry: I'm not having a second, but I have wondered that. It must happen because everyone says that you do love #2 just as much.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee