Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Weagle: I think I'm getting a Boppy at my shower next week, so I'll bring that instead then. Its smaller too, so might be easier to drag.

2. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

Had a scan this morning to check on baby, everything looked great and baby is head down (but I already knew that as I can tell from the movements and painful kicks in my ribs). Estimated weight at birth is just shy of 9lbs, LO1 was 8lbs at birth so looks like this one will be bigger. Have any of you had projections for weight at birth?

When we were in the scan room the doctor measured the baby's head, DH and the doctor (a man) both said "aww, that's so tiny and delicate". All I could think was that is enormous and it's coming out through my foo foo! I've been putting off the thought of labour and delivery but it's getting hard to avoid any longer...

3. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@London Mama: it's so cool to see baby this late in pregnancy! I had a scan at 35w and it's incredible.

My OB didn't order measurement, just looking for position. The tech wouldn't even guess for me but I thought the same thing as you-- that's a HUGE head.

4. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

@weagle and @knittylady -- I will stick the MBF in the trunk tonight so i don't forget it, because it is something I will definitely forget otherwise. It's not like I'll be using it before we go to the hospital, so I might as well add it to the car now! I also threw a spare towel in the trunk this weekend, just in case.

I'm so jealous of everyone who has had ultrasounds recently - my last one was the anatomy scan at 17 weeks when I barely had a bump! I asked my doctor about a 3rd trimester scan, and she said either 34 or 36 weeks. My 34 week apt is this Friday and she didn't schedule a scan, but my fingers are crossed that she'll send me down the hall anyway - I don't think I can wait 2 more weeks!
    On the other hand, I'm planning on an un-medicated labor, so it helps to picture him at his teeny 17w size -- seeing him now might freak me out!

5. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@London Mama: @Mrs. Jump Rope: I have a scan next week. I hope they estimate weight, I'm super curious!

6. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

I'm interested to see if my midwives do any sort of late scan. I doubt it, but you never know. Their in-office machine isn't very high-tech, so I doubt it will tell me too much. I'd still love to get a peek of her in there though!

7. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Oh man, we haven't had a scan since 29 weeks, and even then they were just checking on my previa, so we didn't really get a good look at the baby (nor did the tech offer us any photos)! We did see he was 2lbs. 12oz. at the time but I gained 4 pounds after that appointment, so I'm nervous/eager to see when we'll get our next scan. I have my 36 week appointment on Friday and my first internal exam, so I'm sorta curious as to what we'll find out then. I hope he's not a bruiser!

8. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@gingerbebe: oh boo! I was thinking that we would get a good look at baby at my scan next week. Maybe I'll ask nicely...especially since baby had her hands in front of her face at our 20w ultrasound.

9. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Pancakes: I'm sure you can ask for it. I think my tech was just trying to get me out of there fast. DH got a better look at the screen and said the baby looked fine to him, but I couldn't really see what was going on.

Blackout curtains are up in the bedroom and its SO glorious dark in there now! We have these awful vertical blinds over the sliding glass door that leads from our master to the backyard and since we're in a rental I didn't want to remove them or install a new rod. We got an extra long tension shower curtain rod and super long blackout curtains with grommet holes and just suspended the whole thing above the blinds between 2 walls. My kind of installation.

We ordered a print from Etsy of the Bible verse we picked out for his "life verse" and it came last night - so cute! I need to get to Ikea after work tonight to get a frame for it. I have 2 existing prints/frames that I want to put on either side of the print so once I hang those, we should be done with the wall.

DIY side table project is coming along. I need to spray paint one more coat on the table at some point and finish it off. Its supposed to loosely match the baby's crib and live next to our big-ugly-yet-comfy-and-I-already-own-it-so-I'm-not-buying-a-new-glider recliner and I really just need it to house my water bottle or laptop or breast pump.

Ordered our rug, changing pad cover, and a decorative pillow from Land of Nod. Hope they are here next week! Rug pad is already here and I'm waiting on the changing pad itself (apparently I need an extra long one for the LON cover). I think the remaining pieces of bedding I'm getting at my sprinkle next week so once I get all that opened and washed I'll post pictures on the nursery thread!

10. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Carpet cleaners are coming today wheeeeeee! I don't know why that makes me so happy but it does.

11. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

Ugh, I have really overdone it today. We had some friends visiting for lunch so I was running around all morning, scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees, washing the windows, cooking, etc, etc, etc. And I have book club tonight so I have food to prepare for that too...I just haven't been able to relax and my belly has felt tight all day. Blah.

12. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Pancakes: I totally feel you - I had that happen the weekend before last. We invited friends over for "real" lunch party (platters, dishes, silverware, multiple courses, etc.) I was in PAIN man.

Its all paper plates from here on out baby!

13. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Baby is back up in my ribs. Have kept an ice pack there all day to get him to move. STOP GOING IN THERE YOU FOOL!! So painful.

Ate out for lunch and dinner yesterday and I guess it was too much sodium - woke up with such a puffy face this morning and was up all night peeing and chugging water. Ugh. Luckily no swelling anywhere else, so not worried about pre-e or anything at this point.

36 week appointment tomorrow! Hope we find out some more info on this bugger!

14. MrsLonghorn

clementine / 806 posts

34 week apt this morning and she delayed the sonogram until 37 weeks. My last one was at 17 weeks, so I'm really excited to see him again and annoyed by the extra 3 weeks of waiting. Poor hubby came with me to the appointment today, so it was a pretty big waste of time for him

On the upside, we met with our prospective pediatrician during lunch, and both liked him and the practice. Glad to have that crossed off the list!

15. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Had my 36 week appointment today. I'm 50% effaced and 1cm dilated. Baby is head down and everything is checking out normal. However I didn't have an ultrasound and she said they wouldn't do anymore unless there was some kind of suspected problem. Meh.

16. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@MrsLonghorn: yay, glad u found a pediatrician. That's definitely a headache to try to find....a good one, that is.

@gingerbebe: aww sorry u didn't get to see the baby. Haven't done an internal check yet, so not sure if I'm dilated or what not.

Felt my first real contraction, I think. It was mild and it was just that one. So maybe not. People are saying I look like I'm due at any time, cuz they said baby looks like it dropped. Eek. Exactly two more weeks!

17. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Sorta off topic but I made that chicken parm bake Mrs. Rabbit blogged about for Bible study and it was delicious!! I prepped all the ingredients last night in a disposable baking tray, threw it in the oven when I got home, added the croutons and cheese towards the end and served it with spaghetti and jarred marinara sauce on the side. Easy peasy and it was a hit. Would totally recommend it if you're looking for a freezer meal.

18. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@tequiero21: I had a stranger at the park this week tell me I look like I won't make it till September.

We did the hospital tour Thursday evening; glad to have that checked off the list. Had my regular appointment yesterday (not sure what to call it at 35 w 5 d); everything looks good, and she did the GBS culture. I scheduled my next (aka LAST!!!) 4 appointments. Next up is our ultrasound Monday morning. I can't wait to get a peek at this baby!

19. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@gingerbebe: will have to try it!

@Pancakes: ugh, I tested positive...again, for that bacteria. But since I'm having a csec, doesn't matter, unless into into labor early. Yay for seeing baby! I would love to get a 3d, to try and guess who baby would look like doesn't look like I'll be offered, since I'm already almost 38 weeks.

20. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Those of you with a LO at home - how the heck are you keeping up with them?? I feel like such a bad mom lately. I SAH and solo parent mostly and it's been major screentime and take out for us. I feel so bad for him. tips? commiserations?

21. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@knittylady: I definitely don't to well on days we don't have anything planned. I'm trying to make sure we get out of the house and have lots of playdates. We definitely aren't having super healthy/gourmet meals for lunch, and there's way too much screen time when we don't leave the house. Coincidently, there are a lot of people in my circle/neighborhood that are due with #2+ within a few months of each other, and we're doing a busy bag swap. Each person decides on one busy bag activity and makes one for each child in the swap. One person is in charge of collecting and divvying up the bags to all the participants. This time around, we'll end up with 15 different activities, and I'm thinking of making a few more just to add to LO's stash. Maybe you could make some of those or coordinate a swap just to have something to do on those days when it's just too much to leave the house?

22. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@knittylady: it's been easier to keep up now that the weather has cooled off. I've been enjoying outside time, but we still do some tv time. I break our days into thirds to help me get through-- I think of our days literally are morning, afternoon and evening, and hopefully get a nap time in there for us.

23. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@weagle: care to share what some of those busy bag activities are?

24. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

25. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Nesting/cleaning continues over here. (The joys of not having another LO yet!)

Couldn't sleep in today because of my neck crick and having to pee and refill my water bottle, so I got up early. Made pancakes for DH to reheat when he got up and started organizing these 4 junk drawers that have been driving me nuts for weeks. I still have like 3 more junk drawers in our TV stand, 2 baskets of junk, and 3 drawers in DH's office to sort through, but I got through the initial 4.

I also pulled together 7 boxes of free stuff to put out on the curb for my neighbors to pick through and made DH haul 2 huge black trash bags to donate to Goodwill. We got out more shoes and a bunch of DH's old clothes. I reorganized our coat closet and shoes and ran a few loads of laundry.

There are still empty boxes in our garage that we need to chop down, but its too hot at the moment to do more than a few. I broke down about 4 today and DH made me come back inside. Our recyling bin doesn't hold very many flattened boxes so we'll have to do it slowly over time.

I found EXPIRED SODA in the garage. How embarrassing! I tried one and it was AWFUL - we're going to have to throw out like 2 cases of Diet Dr. Pepper. Found some cans of V8 out there too, but I can put that in soup or something.

This nesting thing is no joke man. I'm driving DH nuts today! But I promised him I'm done for the weekend. (Maybe).

26. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

Childbirth/lamaze class with the hubby today. They still use videos (VHS tapes) from the 1970's because they like the way the couples "work together during labor" but we were laughing so hard at parts. Luckily we weren't the only ones laughing, that would have been embarrassing, but we still felt like we were in middle school.

Anyway, overall it was really nice to get more info about labor and delivery, especially for hubby to hear it even though it makes him a bit squeamish. We also got another tour of the birthing center, which made me feel even more comfortable with the idea that in just a few weeks we'll be there "for real." Plus we got some freebies, like more Lansinoh nursing pads and milk storage bags and some brochures and magazines. Baby freebies are always good. OH! And I saw on a bulletin board that a Friends of the Hospital group gives every new baby born there a Halo Sleep Sack, so I hope they still do that.

34w4d today, wow. Can't believe we're just a few days away from 35 weeks!!!

27. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@butterflyprism: Funny story about Lamaze. When I was pregnant with LO1 my mom kept telling me over and over about breathing techniques she learned in her Lamaze classes (25 years prior), and how they're still helpful when she's in pain, etc. But she never talked about anything other than breathing. Finally, I asked about other things from the class. Turns out she knew nothing else because they only made it to one class. My parents couldn't stop laughing and disrupting the class so they were kicked out halfway through - just long enough to learn some breathing exercises

28. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

@weagle: I could totally see that being us, but luckily it was just the video that had us hysterical. And then I smoothed it over when the RN running the class turned off the video at the end of the segment and asked if there were any questions or comments, and I just admitted it, "That second father was hilarious!" And she agreed. He gets his wife into the shower for a change of position and then after she's settled he starts singing "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes..."

29. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

We are watching Lamaze DVDs at home in lieu of a class and DH can't get over how the instructor has the most armor-plated helmet hair. He can't stop laughing at how she has "a wig made of wood" because there's so much hairspray. But at least he'll watch all the lessons with me.

My feet are absolutely Hobbit-y today. I couldn't stop working once I got going so I completely cleaned/disinfected/reorganized our master bathroom, all of our toiletries and medicines and vitamins, DH's closet, and the linen closet. Which then led to me wanting to change the mattress pad and sheets on the bed and change out the duvet. Which then led me to pull out all of our other quilts and comforters to send to the laundromat tomorrow. And I ran and folded 4 loads of laundry while this was all going on.

I decided I wanted to replace the table lamp with a floor lamp in the baby nook, so I had to drag out the floor lamp from the garage and then dust/disinfect it. Then as I'm about to sit down, our rug shows up from Land of Nod, so of course I had to move everything around so I could put it down and look at it from every angle.

I'm still waiting on a decorative pillow and changing pad cover from Land of Nod, but I know we're getting our crib sheets at the shower next week, so once we wash those and stick them on, our baby nook will be DONE.

Time for bed!

30. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@weagle: Thanks!

@gingerbebe: Wow! Your productivity is inspiring. I didn't get quite so much done, but it was a productive weekend overall. I got my car cleaned out and vacuumed and DH installed the infant carseat base. I still need to wash the carseat cover since it's been in storage for so long. I did a few loads of laundry (yay, baby laundry!) and I had to run a bunch of errands today. I planned some freezer meals to make this week. The more I get done, the less anxious I feel, which is good, because I've been having a lot of anxious baby-related dreams.

31. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Pancakes: Honestly, I think anxiety dreams are what kicked off the productivity thing for me too last weekend. I kept having dreams that I went into labor early in the middle of the night and everything was chaos. That's why we cleaned out the car and installed the base last weekend and packed our hospital bags. I even have our "scuzzy" towels folded up next to the bags to lay on the seats of the car!

This weekend's productivity started as a way to keep myself occupied while DH was sleeping in, but then someone commented on my Facebook about how I was a 9-month pregnant woman and for some reason that flipped me out! I had been measuring by weeks all along and for some reason, saying I was 9-month pregnant instead of 36 weeks made me feel like OMG THIS BABY IS COMING!

In other "holy cow we are close" news, I'm still paranoid I'm going to ruin our expensive mattress set despite the new mattress pad, so I put down a puppy pad underneath my sheets last night. DH looked at me like I was crazy. I was like "I'm sorry, but I do not know how to get amniotic fluid out of a mattress, so just deal with the crinkling noise for a few weeks!"

32. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Group B Strep negative!

33. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

@Gingerbebe: Yay for the GBS negative! I'm having my 35 week appointment today, probably down to weekly appointments now, so I'm not sure if I'll be tested today or next week. Our only concern about GBS is that my husband is allergic to penicillin, so if I am positive he wants to request the doctor not give me that particular antibiotic during labor. Well, he's concerned. I will ask my doctor, but I don't think the antibiotics given to ME will necessarily reach baby.

34. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well and getting through the last few weeks. I'm doing my last day in the office today and cannot wait to be done with work. Have so much to do to get ready for baby and seriously need to catch up on some sleep, I'm so tired all the time.

MY OB usually deals with trickier pregnancies than mine so I won't be doing weekly visits until 38 weeks, as far as he's concerned there is nothing to be concerned about and no need for me to see him more often. And I agree, I feel fine, baby is healthy and I'd rather save myself the trek to his office.

For those of you who remember, I posted a few months ago about our new stroller not fitting through the front porch. Well, we took it to a whole other level and are now in the middle of stripping the paint of the facade, repointing the brickwork, replacing the windows and building a new porch. I blame the nesting hormones!

35. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

Y'all. I am stressed. DH starts grad school Monday, his grandmother is in her last hours so he flew home for this weekend, I've got SO much to do to prepare for baby (not possible being alone with my 2 year old all weekend), and my own grandfather is very ill with his not far behind. Plus, we had to cancel our night away/baby moon (totally understandable, just a bit bummed to lose that 24 hours of hanging out with just DH). I'm 36 weeks on Friday, and I truly don't think I'll have this baby before he gets back, but it's just a lot of emotional stuff happening at once. Ahh!!!

36. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Weagle: Ugh, I'm sorry you've got so much on your plate! I'm stressing out too as DH is on his OB rotation until the 12th of September... I'm due the 4th! This whole being pregnant while taking care of a toddler thing sure is different than the first time....

Any one getting cervical pain? I've been getting sharp pains in my cervix when over doing things physically (i.e. anything with DS1) and the midwife said it's just getting ready for labor. Ugh.

37. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@knittylady: I'm getting some of those, only it's like it's in my cervix and spreads throughout my groin. I definitely didn't have pains like this with LO, but I also think this baby is a lot lower. I haven't really found it connecting to activity, it seems more random to me. Pretty much every time I bring up a pain my midwives attribute it to being a second time mom - my body being more naturally prepared for labor and me just being more away of what's happening in there.

38. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@London Mama: Hooray for your last day at work! I hope the renovations aren't making you crazy. I kind of love that baby coming is giving us the kick in the pants we need to get some things done around the house. We are renters, so no major home projects for us, but I'm definitely on a cleaning and purging kick!

@weagle: I'm so sorry that your family is going through so much right now. Thinking about you guys! I think I saw on another thread that you're in PG county...we are just across the river if you need anything

39. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@London Mama: I'm right behind you mama. One more week to go at work and then I am off! Like @Pancakes, we are in a rental so no tearing of walls, but we got carpet cleaners to come and we're in the process of slowly trying to haul crap out of our garage. Sent DH to Goodwill on 2 consecutive weekends and I've got another donation box going!

@Weagle: I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. When it rains and pours, especially with family stuff. If I still lived in Alexandria, I'd totally come help! For now, I'll be praying from afar. Also can commiserate on the school thing. DH is starting his teaching year on 9/2 and I'm due 9/13, so I'm starting to get nervous about going into labor while he's at work. His college is about 70 miles away from home, so he can be home within 90 minutes, but I'm ALMOST hoping little man decides to come Labor Day weekend so we can avoid all that! DH is also waiting to hear back on an Executive Hybrid MBA program that would start in January so I'm nervous about how that's all going to work out with a new baby. He will be teaching a full load of classes, running his law practice, taking online MBA courses on M/W nights, and then going into meet with his cohort on every other Saturday!

40. mamalolo

pea / 15 posts

Do any of you feel like the baby inside of you wants out? I am 36w+5days, due date 9/15, and I feel the baby just rolling around and pushing so much that I feel like she is trying to push through my belly button! I think I have some bruising around the area because of all of the activity. Lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee