Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@mamalolo: a little! I'm 38w and she's so low. I feel like if I sneeze she will fall out. Her movement is a little painful now. She's running out of room & I'm feeling every jab and roll.

2. Mrs. Jump Rope

I think I got that burst if energy my mom keeps talking about. But, it's Fort Knox down there so this baby won't come out regardless of any contractions or old wives tales.

Today, I finished some outstanding work, finished the nursery (will take pics later to blog), did three loads of laundry, made a pot of sauce, organized my Tupperware, sterilized the bottles/nipples, and will pack our hospital bags.

I also meal planned and made a grocery shopping list, but it's DHs job to go to the store.

3. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mamalolo: sometimes her movements are so sharp and painful that it takes my breath away! I'm due the 14th, so we are right there together!

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I have been busting my butt trying to keep our house clean, in case someone suddenly has to come to stay with L while we go to the hospital. I can get a lot done as long as I start first thing in the morning...otherwise by nap time I'm dragging. So far the only thing in my freezer is a loaf of zucchini bread and I did make a big pot of chili last night that I'll probably freeze half of. DH brought a bunch of stuff down from the attic last yesterday--the bouncer, some more baby clothes, L's baby toys and Puj tub. I feel like I've been doing laundry like it's my (full-time) job and I wonder how I'm going to keep up with it once baby is here!

4. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Woot @Mrs. Jumprope, glad u are finally getting there! I washed and put away all the swag from our shower Friday night, double bagged the mattress with 2 sets of sheets and pads, re packed my hospital bags and made a double batch of chili for the freezer. Making breakfast sandwiches for the freezer and did a bunch of grocery shopping. Chicken wings going now for a ball game watching treat later in the afternoon. Did 4 loads of laundry. Sleeping like crap though - need to pee every 45 minutes and we had an earthquake last night! This weekend the worst thing has been HORRIBLE leg cramps and Charlie horses!

5. mamalolo

pea / 15 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope, @gingerbebe: @Pancakes: you ladies are amazing! I have no energy as of late, only in the morning, for about 3 hours and then I am done for the rest of the day. I am still getting items in from the baby registry to finish up the nursery, lol. But still got the nesting bug AND my lovely dog brought home some fleas so I have been busy with taking care of that business!

6. Mrs. Jump Rope

@mamalolo: today was my first day of energy! But I completely crashed around 4:30. I'm ready for bed & already took a nap!

7. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mamalolo: I take a nap with my 3 year old almost every day!

8. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Pancakes: I nap during both of DS1's naps! It means absolutely nothing gets done EVER, but it helps me survive lol.

9. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@knittylady: @gingerbebe: @Pancakes: Thanks for the sympathy guys It's super annoying to be complaining when I know that a lot of people have it much worse and are much more busy. At least DH is home now so we can actually do something to get ready for this baby and I don't have to worry about a contingency labor plan!

10. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

Had an appointment last week, and even though I'm 36w, my dr said she would be surprised to see me at my next appointment because baby is so so low...totally explains why I've been in so much pain. Everything looks good, so excited to meet baby soon, but also scared of giving birth again lol. Also tested negative for group B strep, so that was great news also.

11. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@boogs: I am scared of giving birth again, too! I think I got through the first one because I didn't know what to expect really and so I managed not to think about it until it was go time. This time, I can remember what it was like, and I'm not looking forward to it! Last night I think I experienced lightning crotch for the first time. It was so painful that I wondered if I was going into labor...to which I was like, umm, I'm not ready!!!

12. Boogs

@Pancakes: Exactly! It's almost more scary knowing what to expect. Ugh and the lightening crotch has been rough. So painful to walk at times. I can't help but wonder if some of my pain has been the occasional contraction.

13. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Oh my gah, I have felt like hot garbage all day. I got really minimal sleep and barely got through work. I ate dinner and told DH almost in tears that I had to lay down (which meant I needed him to hold me). We went to bed at 7pm and I just got up (at 945pm). I can't breath, everything is stuffy, the top of my belly feels really tight, and I just feel like a trainwreck in general. DH was so sweet, I think he only snoozed for like an hour and just laid there with me the rest of the time so I wouldn't wake up. Is this normal? I can't point to an exact thing that's making me feel awful, I just feel...gross. Slightly nauseated, stuffy, super uncomfortable...

@Boogs, I can't wait to hear about your baby. There are so many of you having them in a matter of days, its crazy how time has flown - even though in the throws of morning sickness it seemed like this would never end.

14. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@mamalolo: Yes! This baby is trying to escape from every and all routes and it is getting so uncomfortable! I constantly feel bruised from the inside.

15. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@Boogs: @Pancakes: I don't even know if I should ask what that is?!

16. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

I swear this baby is pushing his feet off my ribs to try and dive down into the birth canal or something - he's like using me like a springboard.

17. Boogs

@LatteLove: Lol you'll know it when you have it.

18. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@lattelove: did you guys get moved in?

19. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@Pancakes: I don't know how to answer that question! Stuff is IN our new house (maybe 10% still at old house) but it is a boxed, chaotic disaster and does not really feel like home at all yet! I wish I had vacation time to take this week to get settled, but we are just working on things in the evenings which makes for very slow progress...

20. Boogs

@LatteLove: Essentials first, then one room at a time. You'll get there.

21. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

I don't know why, but since we set up the recliner and side table for the baby nook, I've developed this habit of winding down in my recliner with legs propped up, drinking a hot cup of tea (sometimes 2). This is after spending hours laying on the couch or not doing anything at all. I don't know if its the comfort of propping up my feet or having that warm mug of tea, but I literally NEED it before I even attempt to get ready for bed. Weird.

Really bad heartburn today - nothing would make it go away. Finished my last day of work and came home feeling awful. The heartburn plus a new pinched nerve in my shoulder. So glad work is done with - its getting so uncomfortable!

22. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@gingerbebe: you really have had such a rough pregnancy! I hope your last couple of weeks are kinder to you.

I'm down to just having a handful of things that fit...probably because I borrowed most of my maternity wardrobe from my petite, skinnymini sister. I put on a maternity tanktop that fit my entire pregnancy last time and it totally doesn't cover my belly. LO said, "Mom, you should change your shirt and put on one that fits." Easier said than done, kid! I guess it's laundry day!

23. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

Anyone else just really really physically uncomfortable all of a sudden? It's as if the clock struck September and my body is just DONE. Not to mention this summer was (fortunately) so cool, and all of a sudden they're calling for it to be 97 degrees tomorrow with all the humidity.

On one hand, I'm scared that I'm going to go into labor this week when I have so much to do for my daughter's school, my own class, and around the house. But on the other hand, I don't want to be pregnant anymore!

24. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Pancakes: I think at this point, every day is just a new adventure. I'm over this manic pendulum swing of energy and symptoms!!! I'll feel fine one day, and like hot garbage the next.

I was sick when I woke up Friday, had awful heartburn that afternoon, and was DYING at bedtime - horrible pain in my shoulder, reflux, puking.

But I woke up on Saturday feeling fine! It was baby who was quiet all day, so we went to L&D at midnight to get checked out. He was fine but has apparently not quite engaged into the pelvis yet. Stinker is head down but turned sideways to the left.

Then of course on Sunday, he was fine and whomping around but I was completely EXHAUSTED. I could hardly keep my eyes open all day.

...And then today I had plenty of energy! BUT I woke up with really sore flank muscles on my side out of nowhere, like I had pulled something. It hurt getting in and out of bed to pee and even when I blew my nose! Then I got the runs (sorry TMI) most of the morning and lost a wad of mucus plug. What the deuce.

Ready for this baby to come if nothing else because I just don't know what to expect day to day anymore, but I'd really like just a few more days to prepare! I'm trying to get every little thing done during my first week off work. I'm running around straightening things up constantly and cleaning because I'm worried I can go into labor at any moment and my house will be a disaster. All our hospital gear is on the couch by the front door, I've e-mailed DH a detailed list of instructions and phone numbers, and I'm cooking nonstop. Just today I baked muffins and pound cake in addition to making dinner and packed all of DH's lunches and snacks for the week. I did 3 loads of laundry, got all my thank you gifts in order for my shower hostesses, fixed one of the wall hangings in the living room that had broken, and arranged for a junk hauler to come get our busted garage fridge on Friday. We're taking the Jeep in to get fixed, winterized, and maintained at the dealer tomorrow (it will be my official mommy car) and I need to schedule a hair cut for myself this week! Waiting on ONE stupid throw pillow from Land of Nod that's been on back order to get here so I can finally be done-done with the baby nook.

25. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@gingerbebe: yes, this is me, freaking out that our house will be a mess/DD won't have any clean clothes/the fridge will be empty (as if my husband is incapable of doing laundry/going to the store/picking up the house). Yesterday I was a useless lump, although we did take DD to the Museum of American History. Today I have a lot more energy; too bad I'll have to use most of it running errands instead of doing the vacuuming that I really need to do.

26. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Pancakes: House keeps getting dirty. Its like someone lives here! I had a completely useless day yesterday - spent all day on the recliner or the bed, grazing non-stop. Today I am in a raging bad mood, but filled out my advanced care directive and picked up the car from the dealer. Made a list for Costco and MIGHT consider going once DH is off his afternoon calls.

27. Mrs.Hawk71

cherry / 172 posts

So i'm just sitting here waiting on baby..... due this friday! Why do i feel like he's never going to come? Anyone else?? Last week at my 39 wk appt. i was dilated to 1cm. I know that isn't much or doesn't really mean anything but i was hoping for more. Ahh these babes. I guess if i havnt been off for an entire week already it wouldn't feel this way, i just keep thinking thats more time i could have spent with him! I'm Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone thats due soon!

28. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: Ack, I know, the waiting game is getting hard at this point! I'm just 38w 3d, and already I keep wondering when I'm going to go into labor (hint: DD was 3 days late, so this one probably will be too...). My OB will do an internal check next week, but I kind of don't want to know! When I was pregnant with my DD, I went in on my due date, and I wasn't dilated at all, and then I went into labor on my own 3 days later...I am really making myself crazy this time, so I'm afraid if they check me and I've made any progress, I'll just make myself even crazier!

29. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: I feel the same way, but I'm just almost 38 weeks. I'm really hoping this baby comes early, but I also still have a ton to do before she arrives. LO was late, so I keep telling myself to expect nothing different this time.

@Pancakes: I will forevermore refuse checks! Not only did it hurt like crazy, it just made me feel crazy with anticipation. I was 1 cm at 38 weeks, but LO was definitely late. I'd rather not know anything in advance this time

30. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: @Weagle: @Pancakes: I am due next Saturday and I still don't think the guy has dropped that much. I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced at 36 weeks, so I will be curious to see what they say on Friday when I go in at 38w6d.

DH is concerned he's not dropping because he has a huge head. We don't actually know if the kid has a huge head, but we both have pretty big heads so DH is concerned that we're waiting for a baby to drop who can't fit. We'll ask the doctor on Friday what she thinks. The doctor at L&D on Saturday refused to make any guesses or comment on the baby's size because she thinks its pointlessly inaccurate at this point. DH was like "if his head is gigantic, we should just schedule a c-section." Okkkayy....

DH and I were talking about what we should do if we go overdue. We both have this weird fear of the baby getting tangled in the cord late in pregnancy after hearing all these terrible stories so we don't really want to wait until 42 weeks. DH was also concerned it took the doctor so long to check for all the small pockets of fluid at L&D on Saturday, even though the doctor said it was enough.

I don't know how my practice handles overdue babies - did your doctors offer inductions or what?

31. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

@gingerbebe: I'm not sure how my practice now handles them. I see midwives now, but I used a different OB/midwife mix practice for LO. As a precaution, we scheduled an induction for 10 days after my due date (if I remember correctly). They were a fairly hands-off practice and typically waited until at least 41 weeks to induce for a normal pregnancy. 41+6 was the latest they would wait. I went into labor before that. I was getting my epidural when I got the call about missing my first NST ;). I'll have to ask the midwife tomorrow about their induction opinions.

32. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@gingerbebe: Every practice is different, I think. With LO 1, they had me coming in for an induction at 40 + 4; luckily she was born at 40 + 3! Based on that experience, I asked about this practice's policy at my appt last week, and the OB said that barring any other complications, they would let me go to 41.5 weeks, because they prefer that I go into labor on my own. I wouldn't worry too much about your "progress" though. Things can change very quickly. Last time, on my due date I hadn't made any progress, and then she was born 3 days later after about 11 hours from when I felt the first contraction.

33. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

I put this in the FB group, but I'm gonna repost it all here so it's in one place. And adding in some details so it's more complete.

My "quick" appointment yesterday morning ended up taking almost two hours! They didn't tell me to eat before going in for the NST, so baby wasn't moving around enough for them, even after giving me water and then juice (nasty fruit punch with Elmo on the side of the juice box, I barely got down five sips). So they decided to have me go for an ultrasound, but first they made me go to the cafeteria (the office is in the hospital) and eat something. Of course the ultrasound shows baby moving just fine, but not the big movements that I can feel. It was small movements, like nodding her head. And then waiting to see the doctor again, and this time it was all of five seconds for her to say that she's moving okay, come back Friday and we'll try again, this time eat first. The whole time I'm seething and cursing under my breath and hubby is telling me to calm down, but I'm getting really fed up with this office, and not just for today. To the point where I want to switch to another doctor after baby is born. Oh, and to top it all off, after everything else, I forgot to ask for my FMLA paperwork that I had dropped off last time to be filled out. So now I have to remember to ask for that Friday. And I forgot to drop off the pre-admission paperwork that I specifically did this morning before we left the apartment so I could drop it off. I've been home about a half hour now and I'm still so annoyed at the whole situation.

(in response to someone else) Haha, yeah, I'm not a fan of other doctors/midwives doing the internal check. Today was my first and it was not with my doctor. She seemed upset that I'm thinned a bit but not dilated. I'm 37 weeks not 40, chill out lady. And then of course I get home and find it's caused minor bleeding (which she said it might), but it was enough to get through my pantiliner. I was not planning on doing laundry today.

(in response again) Ugh, I think it's just that kind of day. I wish I could make brownies and eat a quarter of it, but they think I have gestational diabetes (I don't agree with the diagnosis) so that's out. Plus I don't have vanilla ice cream to go with it anyway.

SKIP FORWARD A FEW HOURS. I'm still fed up with the practice, and I remember other things that have pissed me off with them throughout my pregnancy. Can't fall asleep, so I get up and start researching (Googling) to find out if there are people around here who do home births and might actually be covered by my insurance. I do find a place, and email them a little before 1am.

FB post in the group this morning: Hi. My name is Michelle, my baby is due in 19 days, and... I think I'm going to switch out of my OB office. Last night I emailed a local organization that has independent midwives and does home births, and if my insurance covers them 100% then my mind is made up.

I've been unhappy with the number of tests and ultrasounds I've had to have - I love seeing my baby, but it's a bit ridiculous how many ultrasounds I've had, I stopped keeping track. And yesterday's appointment pushed me over the edge. I love my own OB, but the practice as a whole is not what I want, and I know they won't let me have as natural a labor and delivery as I want. I have to get out of there.

This morning I was texting with my friend/doula and she suggested a different local hospital, which is closer in distance to me AND closer to the natural birth I'm looking for AND would take my insurance for sure. So if the home birth won't be fully covered by insurance, I'll be looking into this other hospital.

I feel like the doctor aspect of my pregnancy has been out of my control, doing all the tests they tell me I have to do and being moved around like a puppet. And now, with just the thought of going in a new direction, I feel like I'm finally starting to cut the strings and find my freedom and happiness.

So I might look like a crazy pregnant lady, looking to change providers at the 11th hour, but it feels like I'm doing the right thing. And that's what's important.

34. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

Looks like it's time to update this list! Let me know if I missed anything/anyone.

September Arrivals!
    8/4 psw27:
    8/29 tequiero21
    9/2 mrs. jump rope
    9/2 knittylady
    9/6 gingerbebe

September mamas
    8/29 tequiero21 (#3)
    9/2 mrs. jump rope (#2)
    9/3 brownbear (#1)
    9/4 knittylady (#2)
    9/5 mrs.hawk71 (#1)
    9/9 georgiegirl83 (#1)
    9/11 coprtopmom (#2)
    9/12 lindy (#1)
    9/13 gingerbebe (#1)
    9/14 pancakes (#2)
    9/17 farawayviolet (#1)
    9/17 littlebit (#1)
    9/19 Weagle (#2)
    9/20 boogs (#2)
    9/22 lattelove (#1)
    9/23 butterflyprism (#1)
    9/24 London Mama (#2)
    9/26 sweetiepie (#1) :
    9/26 LHBlitzer (#1)

35. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

36. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

Update on changing to a new OB...

The home birth option I would LOVE is not something I can get my husband on board with. However, he did say that as far as switching to a new doctor's office/hospital, he will support me in whatever I choose to do. #besthusbandever lol

So on Monday I faxed in a request to transfer my medical records to a new OB office, which was recommended to me by a friend and is at a closer hospital to me. The new office won't schedule an appointment until they receive and review my records. My official reason for "leaving the practice" is built-in with the request form -- looking for someone closer to home. I don't want to make waves by giving all my "real" reasons for leaving, as long as I get out of there, and hopefully before I go into labor. On Wednesday I had my 38 week checkup, and didn't say anything. Half an hour after I left, they called saying they got the request and asked why I didn't mention it. I didn't call back.

Today they called again, and I did speak to someone at the office. I told her the office is kind of far (45 minutes from home) and that I'm looking for something closer (new office is about 20 minutes). I said the reason I didn't say anything on Wednesday is that I wasn't sure how long it would take them to get my request, and I don't want to cancel any appointments until I have scheduled something at the new office. So yes, I am still planning on coming to my 39 week checkup that is scheduled for Tuesday morning. She said that my records did get sent to the new office, so I hope they get them and call me soon.

I'm still expecting a lecture when I go in on Tuesday about switching this close to delivery, and that I should just wait until after the birth, but hopefully that will end up being the last appointment here.

37. butterflyprism

coffee bean / 44 posts

New births to add:

sweetiepie, 9/9
    littlebit, 9/10
    boogs, 9/12

And LHBlizter changed her username to MrsLonghorn

38. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

Our little girl arrived Friday night! We're all doing well and are so in love. Big sister is over the moon!

39. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

I know @Mrs. Hawk71 had her baby but I'm not sure which day he arrived!

September Arrivals!
    8/4 psw27:
    8/29 tequiero21
    9/2 mrs. jump rope
    9/2 knittylady
    9/6 gingerbebe
    9/9 sweetiepie
    9/10 littlebit
    9/12 boogs
    9/12 weagle

September mamas
    8/29 tequiero21 (#3)
    9/2 mrs. jump rope (#2)
    9/3 brownbear (#1)
    9/4 knittylady (#2)
    9/5 mrs.hawk71 (#1)
    9/9 georgiegirl83 (#1)
    9/11 coprtopmom (#2)
    9/12 lindy (#1)
    9/13 gingerbebe (#1)
    9/14 pancakes (#2)
    9/17 farawayviolet (#1)
    9/17 littlebit (#1)
    9/19 Weagle (#2)
    9/20 boogs (#2)
    9/22 lattelove (#1)
    9/23 butterflyprism (#1)
    9/24 London Mama (#2)
    9/26 sweetiepie (#1) :
    9/26 MrsLonghorn (#1)

40. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

Yay, we are halfway down the list! So exciting!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee