Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. FreckledFox

grape / 78 posts

@mrscobee: I'm so happy to share with you ladies! Still not too many people know IRL!

2. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@FreckledFox: Congratulations!! I'm sure it was awesome to see your baby moving around!

3. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@FreckledFox: Awesome appointment!

4. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@mrscobee: I just got a call from my doctor's office that I am RH negative and they needed to know my husband's blood type. I searched on here and found your thread from a week or so ago - it was a huge relief to read the responses! This is why I make HB my first stop for questions before I go down any scary internet rabbit holes.

5. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@elljay: So glad it helped you! I still don't know my husband's blood type but would like to find out! Although I have learned now it is nothing to worry about, when I first was told and was left to my own devices (google), I was a little freaked out - haha!! Definitely a paranoid first time mom, that is for sure, but the worst case scenario sounded scary (as it always does)!

6. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

So we got our genetic testing back. Low risk and found out its a boy!!! I am very excited, but would have been happy with either gender!

7. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@mrscobee: yay!!! Glad all is well and how fun to already know the gender!do you know what % of accuracy it is??? I'm wondering if we'll get to do that test too!

8. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@CarrieLouWho: They say it is like 99.8% accurate both in determining presence of chromosomal abnormalities and gender. So highly unlikely gender will be incorrect! It is funny - both my husband and I had a hunch it would be a boy, but our parents all said girl!

Some OBs offer these tests to everyone, and some just offer it to high risk groups. Mine offers it to everyone... I think it just depends on the OB and whether you want to ask for it.

9. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@mrscobee: woohoo!! Congrats!!!!!

10. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@CarrieLouWho: they told me last week that those tests are 99% accurate! I get mine next week but that's because I am 35.

11. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@hellobeeboston: Thanks!

12. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@mrscobee: Woohoo! Congratulations! Love, love, love my little boy!

13. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Thanks!! I think a little boy will be so fun!

14. FreckledFox

grape / 78 posts

@mrscobee: Awwww!! COngrats on your little boy!!! I have 3 nephews and i love everything about them.

15. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@mrscobee: Congrats! That's so exciting to find out so early!

16. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@mrscobee: Congratulations!!! You must be so excited!! So amazing that you have a healthy baby boy on the way

17. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Anyone have any cravings yet? I love pickles when I'm not pregnant. When I AM pregnant, I could eat them like there's no tomorrow. I just had four at lunch

18. FreckledFox

grape / 78 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I've craved weird things like buffalo wings and potato skins with bacon and cheddar! And I am a pickle fiend!

19. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@FreckledFox: @elljay: @ehh5000: Thanks, ladies! Very excited!

20. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I have craved pizza. I haven't had much of what I would call cravings, but I have had so many food aversions, that you could almost call anything that actually sounds good a craving. And then after I eat that thing 3 times, I never want it again, and it becomes gross to me, so I have to find something new. Except pizza, pizza is always good.

21. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: carbsssssss. All the time.

22. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

I think I've had more food aversions this time than cravings. BLTs were what I wanted a lot of but that's subsided now. Carbs pretty much always sound good to me too @hellobeeboston:

Also, I had a follow-up u/s yesterday to check on the SCH. It has not grown, stayed the same size. Dr said I could resume regular activities. So that was good news! And I got to hear the heartbeat again - it was 176 bpm... Nice and strong!

23. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@CarrieLouWho: congrats on a good appointment!!

24. FreckledFox

grape / 78 posts

@CarrieLouWho: So happy that yours hasn't grown either!! I've also got the okay for normal activities. Still no sex or lifting though boo! I'm hoping the SCH doesnt affect us any further. Did your doctor tell you the size of yours?

25. Seanettle

pea / 14 posts

Hello! Wanted to join as I am closer to the "safe" time. Due 9/17 with baby number 2 and go in for my genetics/gender blood test this friday. Nice to meet you all!

26. Seanettle

pea / 14 posts

EDD:9/17

How far along:9w6d

First child?
    First doctor appointment:
    2/12
    Any symptoms so far?
    Nausea
    Who have you told?
    Husby and BFF and my Facebook #1 baby mamas

27. yessirio

apple seed / 2 posts

EDD: 9/19

How far along: 9 weeks 4 days

First child? No is my third child

First doctor appointment: February 16

Any symptoms so far? A little nausea, very tired n hungry lol

Who have you told? My friends and my fiancee's family

Hello ladies my name is Jessie I'm very happy to be in this club. Hope I can make mommy friends and good luck to everyone

28. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@Seanettle: @yessirio: Welcome!!! Glad to have you both here!

29. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

September 2015 Mamas

September 2: jenm (#1)
    September 3: ehh5000 (#1)
    September 4: mrscobee (#1)
    September 8: mrsrugbee (#2)
    September 10: SunnyFarmMama (#2), chanzi (#2)
    September 11: babynumber1 (#2)
    September 12: busylizzy111 (#1)
    September 14: CarrieLouWho (#2), elljay (#1), FreckledFox (#1)
    September 15: Runnergirl (#1), Sugar.Biscuit (#3&#4)
    September 16: Kiwibee (#1)
    September 17: Ocean girl (#2), Mrs. Oatmeal (#2), Seanettle (#2)
    September 19: yessirio (#3)
    September 20: diedraechin (#1)
    September 21: hellobeeboston (#2), Somebunny (#2)
    September 24: 2PeasinaPod (#2)
    September 25: SproutBee (#2)
    September 29: plantains (#2)
    September 30: kgbee (#2), ChelseaRose (#2)

30. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

So I know some of you WOHMs were thinking about telling work soon. Has anyone actually told? If so, how did it go? I might be telling my work next week. Kind of nervous.

Anyone announced on facebook yet or planning to soon? I am not on facebook, but will probably be texting / calling / sharing with friends whom I have not already told soon, as I am getting close to the end of the first trimester.

31. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@mrscobee: I told work today! I have 2 appointments coming up us I have to take my daughter to an appointment, all in the next 3 weeks. I felt the need to justify the time missed. I have two separate people I report to, and they were both excited for me and promise to keep it to themselves until I get results back from my US and am ready to share!

Speaking of US - IPS (which I think is the same as the NT scan in the states) is scheduled for March 5th I will be 12 weeks on the nose!

32. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@Ocean girl: Yay!! I am so glad they were excited for you and promised to keep your secret!! I have two appointments this week, one not really related to pregnancy, so I ended up lying about the reason for the appointments because I wasn't ready to tell. I feel kind of bad. Thinking if all goes well with the appointment on Friday I will tell my boss on Monday.

Good luck with the IPS appointment!! Sending well wishes your way!

33. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@Seanettle: @yessirio: Welcome and congratulations!!

@Ocean girl: I'm so glad that your pregnancy went over well at work!

@mrscobee: I am on facebook and I'm trying to think of a cute way to announce. There are still a few people who I need to tell on the phone before I share with the world, but I might do some sort of facebook announcement within the next few weeks. Fun fun! Have you enjoyed sharing your big news with family and friends? Any great reactions?

34. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@CarrieLouWho: So glad to hear your appointment went well!

@Seanettle: & @yessirio: Welcome and congratulations to you both! Nice to see another Philly area bee!

@mrscobee: I think I may have said this earlier (I cannot remember anything these days), but I told my boss early since she knew about our struggles. She was super excited, though I think now that we're almost in the safe zone, she's realizing what this means for her while I'm on maternity leave! As for FB, no. I didn't announce with our son until I was 20 weeks. We're just so darn nervous of something going wrong that I don't want to post something and then have to post again if something happens. I'll likely wait until 20 weeks again.

Had another appointment today (the one and only good thing about being high risk and going through what we did is weekly ultrasounds!), and everything still looks good. I'm 9 weeks today, and baby measured 9w,2d with a heartbeat of 182! Baby was moving around and waving at us today too...so amazing to see after all of our bad news.

35. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: You may have said that already, I am getting more forgetful it seems. I hear you on the facebook stuff - seems completely understandable!

I am so glad your appointment went well! That is a strong heartbeat! It must feel good to see the LO so often - glad there can be one good thing about being high risk

36. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Congratulations on your excellent appointment! What a strong heartbeat!

37. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@ehh5000: I have enjoyed sharing the news. I had a good doc appointment today. Didn't see LO, but heard the heartbeat and heard some kicks on the doppler (is that what its called?). I feel like I can maybe start telling some more people now, but haven't really done that yet! Everyone we have told has been very excited! Most have been surprised - we got married really young, and waited almost 7 years to get pregnant!

38. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@mrscobee: I did end up telling my boss at work last week. I've had a lot of appointments and just didn't want her to think I was being a total flake all the time. She was super excited and supportive. I did ask her not to mention to our local manager until I was ready and she promised not too (he has a HUGE mouth and tells everything).

Also, I had planned an annual wine trip this past weekend and had 9 friends including my stepmom come down to stay Friday - Sunday. We had so much fun and it was fun telling them. I did a toast for all of the February birthdays and then said we had a new September birthday coming this year - it was soooo much fun!

I was exhausted today though and both DD and I took a 3.5 hour nap It was DELIGHTFUL!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

39. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

Had my dating scan and finally got results from my midwife, so my new due date is September 20. I know the dating scans are accurate, but I have Thursdays still in my head as the 'week changeover' day. So it will take some adjusting.

@mrscobee: I told work after my ultrasound. Our office is close quarters, and we order sushi every week, AND we talk about new beer we've tried all the time, so there were just too many awkward conversations. I'm showing pretty early this time, so I definitely had to share.

40. FreckledFox

grape / 78 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: My Boss knew because of my bed rest for 2 weeks, but my coworkers will find out this friday at a Happy Hour since I dont have a good non-drinking excuse!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee