Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: thanks! I don't have m anatomy until April 28th either so you are not alone!

2. kgbee

cherry / 237 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I'm due the very last day in September, which means my anatomy scan won't be until mid-May! (Today is 13w2d.) It's a very long time to wait!

3. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: hi due date twin! I tried to coax my doctor to order the anatomy scan at my last appointment (13 weeks) and he just laughed and said it could wait until next month to order!!

4. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

I had an ultrasound today and found out... It's a BOY!!

5. kgbee

cherry / 237 posts

@Somebunny: Congrats! I love being the mom of a little boy! He's delightful and loooooooves to snuggle.

6. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Ocean girl: The only reason I got my requisition now is because I won't go back until 18.5 weeks, and it takes awhile to get in for an appointment. Booking 5 weeks out seems like ages!
    @kgbee: It seems like so long, I know! I bet it will fly by though.

7. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Somebunny: yay, congrats!!!!! Boys are so so great

8. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@kgbee: @hellobeeboston: Thank you! We are so so excited!!

9. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Congrats to all of the new members and to those who found out the gender! I've been MIA because work has been horribly busy! Starting to feel a little bit better, but still exhausted all of the time.

Our next appointment is on Wednesday. It's a 3 hour appointment with a geneticist and perinatologist, and hoping I get my blood work done there that will tell us the gender! I don't think it will come back for a few weeks, but getting there!

10. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@Somebunny: Congrats on the boy!!!

11. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

September 2015 Mamas!!!
    September 2: jenm (#1)
    September 3: ehh5000 (#1), GirlSept2 (#1)
    September 4: mrscobee (#1)
    September 8: mrsrugbee (#2)
    September 10: SunnyFarmMama (#2), chanzi (#2)
    September 11: babynumber1 (#2)
    September 12: busylizzy111 (#1)
    September 14: CarrieLouWho (#2) , elljay (#1), FreckledFox (#1)
    September 15: Runnergirl (#1), Sugar.Biscuit (#3&#4)
    September 16: Kiwibee (#1)
    September 17: Ocean girl (#2), Mrs. Oatmeal (#2), Seanettle (#2)
    September 19: yessirio (#3)
    September 20: diedraechin (#1)
    September 21: hellobeeboston (#2) , Somebunny (#2)
    September 24: 2PeasinaPod (#2), skiles (#2)
    September 25: SproutBee (#2), shopaholic (#2)
    September 29: plantains (#2&#3)
    September 30: kgbee (#2), ChelseaRose (#2)

Let me know if I missed anyone, or have anything wrong. Lots of boys!!

12. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@mrscobee: thanks for updating!! Lots of boys!!!

13. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@Somebunny: Congratulations on your boy!!

14. skiles

pea / 5 posts

Hi ladies,
    Sorry i've been so MIA...the internet in China sucks and half the time I can't even open up hellobee. What a major bummer.

I'm so glad that you mamas are finding out genders and getting exciting news about baby.

We've been having somewhat of a tough time. (sorry in advance if this is a bit of a rant/vent) We had our NT scan and the downs screening a few weeks ago and found out that our numbers put us in the "critical risk zone". The Drs here recommended doing another test...a dna test which is more accurate. We got it done last Monday and have been waiting to hear back about it since. Apparently, it takes 10 business days to process the blood work in China. I feel like if we were in the States the process would be faster? I don't know. Hubby also wonders if they are telling us that our numbers don't look great just so we would shell out the extra $$ for this other test. Either way, we did the test and we're waiting to find out the results. As you might imagine the past week and half have been a nightmare and I have so much anxiety. I know that's not good for Peanut so I try not to stress...but it's hard.

Do any of you mamas have experience or know of someone who went through something like this? I'm hoping we hear back soon and hear some good news.

15. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@skiles: I'm so sorry - that is so scary!! What risk factor did they give you? I know it is relatively common to get a high risk score and everything turns out okay with the DNA test, which is the reason I skipped NT and just did the DNA test. Hoping that is the case for you!! What test did you take? I took Panorama in the US and took 8 business days... Sending many positive thoughts and prayers for speedy, good results your way!

16. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@skiles: I'm so sorry that the testing is causing you so much anxiety! I actually just had all of my genetic testing done yesterday, and my test was called the MaterniT21 test. I was also told that it would take approximately 8-10 business days to come back.

With LO #1, we had the NT scan which came back fine, but my blood test with the sequential screening came back with elevated risk for Downs. I wasn't in the critical zone, but my risk went from 1 in 500 to 1 in 250. Do you know what your risk is? Sending good thoughts your way and hope your blood test comes back with good results and very soon

17. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@skiles: I'm so sorry! I hope that everything turns out okay. You'll be in my thoughts.

18. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

An update on our appointment yesterday - it went really well! We got to see some great shots of the baby during our ultrasound. I had my blood drawn for the MaterniT21 test and should have those results back in 10 business days.

The good news is that she was able to find out the baby's gender at just 15 weeks! We're team blue! I'm super excited to be a mom of boys! I also have two nieces that I'm close to, so I can get my girl fix there!

The semi-bad news is that due to the multiple losses and surgeries on my uterus (2 D&Es, C-section, and scar tissue removal), I'm at an increased risk for placenta accreta. Essentially, the placenta can grow into my uterine wall too much and my uterus can have some trouble contracting when it's delivered. Because of this, I'll have ultrasounds at 28, 32, and 36 weeks to monitor it. It can just mean that I may need a blood transfusion during delivery if I lose too much blood, or can be as bad as needing a partial hysterectomy if it's too ingrown into my uterus. I'm not too worried about it right now. We'll cross that bridge as we get there.The Perinatologist said everything so far looked good, and if they don't see anything, increased monitoring won't hurt.

19. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@skiles: I hope everything turns out OK. They said 10 business days for our DNA test but it was closer to 6, so hopefully!

@2PeasinaPod: yay for 2 boys!!!!! Same with us, and same, I have a niece that I can buy pretty things for yay for brothers! It sounds like they will be monitoring you closely so that is good, and nice to be prepared for what MAY happen, but hopefully all will be fine.

20. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Congratulations on your boy! I hope that you do not have any issues with placenta acreta.

21. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Congrats on the boy!!! This is such the boy thread! I hope you don't have any complications with the placenta.

22. skiles

pea / 5 posts

hi ladies,
    thank you @MRSCOBEE, @2PEASINAPOD, @EHH5000 and @HELLOBEEBOSTON for your well wishes.

we heard back from the Dr's office and it looks like we are in the "low risk" category for T21/T18/T13. The nurse says that this is good news that baby is okay...I'm waiting for them to email me the official test report and see if there's anything else on there with more info. I have no idea what test we did exactly (as if what it would be referred to as in the States)...language barriers are a pain.

@2PEASINAPOD- it sounds like it might have been the same test as you got done? The MaterniT21?? I hope all goes well with your placenta. Hopefully it gives you more peace of mind to be closely monitored?? and congrats on finding out that you'll be having a boy!

I feel a little bit better now...a weight lifted off my shoulders after the nurse said that we shouldn't worry now. praying and hoping for a healthy little one.

23. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@skiles: that's really reassuring! So glad things seem to be okay!

24. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@hellobeeboston: @ehh5000: @mrscobee: @skiles: Thank you ladies! I'm excited that LO# 1 is going to have a buddy! I'm already getting the comments of how I have to have a third to get a girl. Those drive me nuts...especially after all we've been through to have two.

@skiles: I'm so glad that your doctor's office called back and let you know that you're low risk for all 3. The DNA tests are usually 99% accurate, so I hope that eases your mind a bit. Praying for healthy babies all around!

25. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@skiles: Wonderful news!! I hope that you are feeling relieved.

I have my anatomy scan this afternoon! I know that I'm not going to be able to concentrate at work today. I'm very excited and a little nervous, too. We are planning to tell our parents the baby's sex at dinner tomorrow night. I'm going to make baby Easter baskets for them

26. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@ehh5000: so exciting!!! Hope it's a great appointment!

@2PeasinaPod: annoying! I haven't gotten that comment yet but I'm waiting for it!

27. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@hellobeeboston: Thank you so much!

28. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ehh5000: Oooh, so exciting! I hope all goes well at your scan and you have a great time telling your parents!

@hellobeeboston: I also know that no one believes me when I say how excited I am about being a mom of boys, but I don't care. I really am super excited...my son is so much fun and follows DH around everywhere. It's the most adorable thing, and I can't wait for him to have a little brother!

29. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Thank you! I'm glad that you are excited to be a mom of boys! Two little boys will be so cute together. I can't believe that people give you a hard time about it - that's inappropriate and just a strange way of thinking.

30. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: same!!!! I was honestly a little relieved it was a boy, I feel like I know boys, and my son is the greatest and I think brothers will be awesome

31. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

I had my anatomy scan yesterday, and it's a girl!!! We are so excited. Our tech was great and talked us through the whole ultrasound. The baby is totally normal and healthy! Unfortunately, my placenta is covering my cervix at this time. I really hope that it moves as I progress. From the research I have done, it likely will move but it is scary if it does not.

32. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@ehh5000: Woooohooo!!! So exciting! Congrats on a good appointment! And so exciting that it's a girl!! Hope the placenta issue resolves!

33. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I think being a mama of boys would be awesome! Can't believe people would expect you to believe otherwise and make awkward comments!

34. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@skiles: that is great news and very reassuring!

35. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@mrscobee: thank you so much!!!

36. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@ehh5000: congrats on the girl! Yay! My friend had the same placenta issue and she's as 35 weeks now and it has moved!! Hopefully yours will too!

37. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@hellobeeboston: Thank you!! I'm glad that everything is working out for your friend! Apparently most of the time it moves. I guess it just means a little more monitoring for me for the time being, until it either moves or becomes an issue.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

38. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ehh5000: Congratulations on your girl! I also hope that your placenta moves and there are no issues. I was actually sitting next to an OB on my flight home from a work trip a few weeks ago, and he was talking with me about how doctors sometimes deliver placenta news in the worst way. He said most of the time, it's really nothing to worry about, but bedside manner is getting worse in his profession because they're so afraid they'll be sued. But he said that it's really rare that in placenta previa cases that it will completely cover the entire cervix the entire time. So...it's non-official advice from an OB in the Philly area!

39. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

September 2015 Mamas!!!
    September 2: jenm (#1)
    September 3: ehh5000 (#1) , GirlSept2 (#1)
    September 4: mrscobee (#1)
    September 8: mrsrugbee (#2)
    September 10: SunnyFarmMama (#2), chanzi (#2)
    September 11: babynumber1 (#2)
    September 12: busylizzy111 (#1)
    September 14: CarrieLouWho (#2) , elljay (#1), FreckledFox (#1)
    September 15: Runnergirl (#1), Sugar.Biscuit (#3&#4)
    September 16: Kiwibee (#1)
    September 17: Ocean girl (#2), Mrs. Oatmeal (#2), Seanettle (#2)
    September 19: yessirio (#3)
    September 20: diedraechin (#1)
    September 21: hellobeeboston (#2) , Somebunny (#2)
    September 24: 2PeasinaPod (#2) , skiles (#2)
    September 25: SproutBee (#2), shopaholic (#2)
    September 29: plantains (#2&#3)
    September 30: kgbee (#2), ChelseaRose (#2)

Let me know if I missed anyone!

40. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

My anatomy scan was scheduled on the 20th, which was after 20 weeks, but I discovered it was in direct conflict with another appointment I had on the books. I got to move it up to 4/14, next Tuesday. Excited, but also very nervous for it. I always get this anxiety though

Is anyone having any other new symptoms? My legs go numb at night and wake me up. Then I have to sit for a couple minutes to get the feeling back, before I can go to sleep again. Therefore, I am getting no sleep - ugh!!!!

So I had my first experience with a stranger recognizing my pregnancy, so I must really be showing now. I have really popped in the last week or so. She was confident enough to just come right out and say, "so is this your first?" Funny enough, people at work I haven't told still don't seem to be noticing, or they are doing a good job hiding it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee