Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm not sure I'm a great candidate, but my OB said that he will review my delivery records (I was with a different practice last time at a hospital that doesn't allow VBAC) and evaluate how we are doing closer to delivery. I'm fine with that because I'd rather it be a decision between my doctor and me and not due to hospital policy. I also pushed for 2 hours, but my LO was face up and his head was 98% (he was 8lbs 2oz).

@Somebunny: I hope you get your VBAC! That must have been a frustrating situation. I changed practices too, but we don't really have any midwife only practices around here unless you go to a birth center. I'm fairly certain I'm too high risk for that and only want a hospital delivery. I don't feel my cesarean was unnecessary, but I really wish it went differently the first time.

2. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

The scan went so well!! Baby #2 is a BOY!

3. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

I am in shock! Totally thought we were going to have another girl - but it's a BOY!!!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: we are so sympatico!

4. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@babynumber1: Congratulations on your girl!!!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: @Ocean girl: Congratulations on your boys!!!

5. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

We accepted an offer on our house today. If everything goes well, we should close on 6/5 and move across the state to Philadelphia. Things are going to be crazy! I'm restricted from strenuous activity / lifting due to my placenta previa, so the move should be interesting to say the least. I'll need to find a new place to live, a new doctor, and a new hospital. I'll also need to leave my job, which I love. I'm stressed about it but I know that the move is right for my family - my husband and I are both from the Philly area and most of our family and friends live there, and my husband works from home so he won't have to worry about finding a new job. I'm not planning on looking for a new job until after the baby is born. So much change at once!!!

6. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@ehh5000: Congrats on selling your house! We're dealing with a similar situation. We should close in a couple of weeks and we're moving to a new state! (We're actually moving away from my family, but in our case this is best if we're going to continue having a good relationship.) It's exciting and stressful. Good luck with everything! I hope everything goes really smoothly!

7. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

September 2015 Mamas!!!
    September 2: jenm (#1)
    September 3: ehh5000 (#1) , GirlSept2 (#1)
    September 4: mrscobee (#1)
    September 8: mrsrugbee (#2)
    September 10: SunnyFarmMama (#2), chanzi (#2)
    September 11: babynumber1 (#2)
    September 12: busylizzy111 (#1)
    September 14: CarrieLouWho (#2) , elljay (#1), FreckledFox (#1)
    September 15: Runnergirl (#1), Sugar.Biscuit (#3&#4)
    September 16: Kiwibee (#1)
    September 17: Ocean girl (#2) , Mrs. Oatmeal (#2) , Seanettle (#2)
    September 19: yessirio (#3)
    September 20: diedraechin (#1)
    September 21: hellobeeboston (#2) , Somebunny (#2)
    September 24: 2PeasinaPod (#2) , skiles (#2)
    September 25: SproutBee (#2), shopaholic (#2)
    September 29: plantains (#2&#3)
    September 30: kgbee (#2), ChelseaRose (#2)

Let me know if I missed anyone, or have anything wrong. Still lots of boys!!

8. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@babynumber1: Congrats on the girl!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: @Ocean girl: Congrats on the boys!

9. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@plantains: Did you find out what you are having?!

@Ocean girl: @Mrs. Oatmeal: Congrats on the boys!!! Keeping the boy streak alive! 8 boys and 3 girls so far - crazy!

@ehh5000: Congrats on the sale of your house! I'm sure the move will be stressful, and it is always hard to leave a job you love, but I'm sure once little girl gets here that'll keep you completely occupied, and it is so exciting that you get to be much closer to friends and family! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

10. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

@ChelseaRose: I will be having a RCS. Unfortunately a VBAC is not an option for me. LO would not fit through my pelvic bone, so there isn't much hope for a second baby fitting either. Honestly, after a 28 hour labor an emergency CSection, I'm ok with that.

I hope that you are able to do a VBAC!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: @Ocean girl: Congrats on the boys!

@ehh5000: Wow that is a ton going on in your house!! Congrats and I hope you have an easy move.

11. Mrs. Oatmeal

@Ocean girl: seriously!! What is going on? We're obviously twins.

12. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@babynumber1: From what I've heard from many friends, a second scheduled cesarean is usually much easier than the first (usually emergency based) cesarean. I hope that's the case with you. I think more than likely I will end up with a repeat cesarean, but I'm just worried about that recovery while also caring for a toddler.

13. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@Ocean girl: @Mrs. Oatmeal: We are having a boy too! That's crazy.

14. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ChelseaRose: The discussion absolutely should be between you and your doctor and not a hospital policy. I'm hoping you get your VBAC this time around!! I also spoke to the perinatologist who was rooting for me to have a VBAC. After she took a look at everything, she said my chances are about 10% of having a successful VBAC. She said that things could possibly change, but for a 10% chance, I'm going the RCS.

@Mrs. Oatmeal: @Ocean girl: @ChelseaRose: Congrats on the boys! Lots of us on team blue!

@babynumber1: Congrats on the girl!

@ehh5000: Congrats on the new house! Where in/around Philly? We live about an hour north, but I work in center city. Let me know if you need any help finding a doctor or hospital. My SIL just gave birth at Penn and I have a ton of friends in the surrounding area...I know someone who has given birth at almost every hospital! And once you have the babe, depending on what industry you're in, let me know if I can help with a job too. I work in HR for a rather large company that everyone loves to hate

Anyone having issues finding clothes? My maternity clothes from last time are either stretched out, or I'm a little smaller than I was with LO #1. It seems like everywhere I go, I can't find my size in anything, and I'm getting sick of wearing the same stuff already! I can't wait until the weather gets warmer so that I can do more dresses!

15. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I am having so much trouble finding clothes, mainly because I am tall. And I am so sick of wearing the same things over and over too!!!

16. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Thanks! I'm having some issue with clothing too. Mostly because I'm very overweight to begin with and at almost 18 weeks I've noticed some changes in my body, but not distinctly pregnant looking. My regular clothes are somewhat awkward and my maternity clothes aren't filled out enough. Dresses will definitely be better and I plan to wear many this summer.

17. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@Somebunny: Thank you so much! Good luck with your move. It is certainly a lot of life change at once, but it sounds like moving will be best for both of us in the long run!

@babynumber1: @mrscobee: Thank you both for your kind words!

@2PeasinaPod: This was like the nicest post, ever!!! We are going to Philly this weekend to look for a place to live - we'll probably be renting in the 'burbs, somewhere between Havertown and Ft. Washington (my parents are in Bryn Mawr and my sister is in Wyndmoor). Maybe we could get together for coffee or lunch sometime in June? I would love to pick your brain about parenting in the Philadelphia area.

18. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ehh5000: Absolutely! I live farther north (Souderton, which is about 20 minutes north of the Lansdale exit off the northeast extension), but I take the train into center city from Ft. Washington. I'm only in the office a few days/week and work out of Plymouth Meeting a day/week, but would love to have coffee/lunch sometime once you guys get settled!

19. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

Is anyone starting to notice a shift in body temp? I feel like I'm burning up all the time (and I'm used to being cold)!!

20. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@mrscobee: Only at night...I get insanely hot at night, but all throughout the day, I'm freezing. It doesn't matter if I have 3 layers on and a heated blanket. I can never get warm!

21. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: OMG we are exact opposites! At night I am fine (or cold), but during the day I have been miserable!

22. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

Also, my chest is getting so big that it hurts my back!! I swear, that is where I am gaining all of my weight! I'm only 22 weeks. I have a feeling this is going to be an uncomfortable summer!

23. Mrs. Oatmeal

@mrscobee: I was cold in first tri, but haven't noticed anything recently. With K, I was SO hot all the time!

24. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

I finally told my supervisor today (at 18w2d) via email and she said she had no idea. I'm so glad to get that out of the way and also happy that I didn't say something sooner and have to deal with 6+ weeks of daily questions from coworkers.

25. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@ChelseaRose: Nice! Glad that went well for you, and yay for avoiding some awkward questions!! I get tired of those!!!

26. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@mrscobee: thanks! I didn't really tell any coworkers yet, but my boss has a pretty big mouth (and our office is almost all cubicles) so I'm sure word will spread without me having to say anything.

27. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

I'm a little behind catching up on all the posts, but congrats to everybody on their anatomy scans! We had ours today, and it looks like the September trend continues - we're having a little boy!

28. Mrs. Oatmeal

@elljay: congrats! So many boys this month!!

29. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@elljay: yay!!! Another boy congrats!!

30. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

September 2015 Mamas!!!
    September 2: jenm (#1)
    September 3: ehh5000 (#1) , GirlSept2 (#1)
    September 4: mrscobee (#1)
    September 8: mrsrugbee (#2)
    September 10: SunnyFarmMama (#2), chanzi (#2)
    September 11: babynumber1 (#2)
    September 12: busylizzy111 (#1)
    September 14: CarrieLouWho (#2) , elljay (#1) , FreckledFox (#1)
    September 15: Runnergirl (#1), Sugar.Biscuit (#3)
    September 16: Kiwibee (#1)
    September 17: Ocean girl (#2) , Mrs. Oatmeal (#2) , Seanettle (#2)
    September 19: yessirio (#3)
    September 20: diedraechin (#1)
    September 21: hellobeeboston (#2) , Somebunny (#2)
    September 24: 2PeasinaPod (#2) , skiles (#2)
    September 25: SproutBee (#2), shopaholic (#2)
    September 29: plantains (#2)
    September 30: kgbee (#2), ChelseaRose (#2)

Let me know if I missed anyone, or have anything wrong. Still lots of boys!!

31. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@mrscobee: Ugh...I just cried the other day to DH about how none of my bras from when I was pregnant with LO fit yet, but I'm busting out of my regular bras and I'm so uncomfortable no matter what. I just ordered 2 online, and they came yesterday and don't fit I need a day to go bra shopping!!

32. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I am sooooooooo upset about my bra situation! Lots of tears over the last few days! My old ones are the most flattering, and what I WANT to wear, but the underwire just digs into my skin. I bought a couple new ones, and they are better, but not much better and just kind of make me look like I have one big fat uniboob Non-underwire bras have never worked for me, but that's what I need to find. Pre-pregnancy, I was like a 34C-D, but given my height, and small frame, that felt small and pretty proportionate. Now I am like a DD+, and I just feel enormous... And they have hurt since day 1 of pregnancy, and I'm over that! I really hope we can fix our bra situations! I need a bra shopping day too, but am feeling kind of hopeless about it right now!

33. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@mrscobee: I feel like we're the same person! Pre-pregnancy, I was around a 34D and could even fit into a 34C with my deflated breastfeeding boobs from LO. I'm back up to a 34DD, but I think my old maternity bras are so stretched out from my breastfeeding boobs that they don't fit properly now. It's so frustrating.

I'm also pretty small, so DD+s look ridiculous on me too. One woman at work told me she knew I was pregnant immediately b/c of how big my boobs got

34. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@elljay: yay congrats on the boy!!!

I also cannot believe how many boys there are!

I haven't been on this thread in forever. I'm 20 weeks now and DEF showing. People at work are asking now. And I'm feeling the little man kick a lot which is great, especially after I eat

Hope all you mamas are feeling well.

35. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Yes, sounds exactly the same (except for you going through pregnancy before ) The struggle is real for sure!! I just went to the bathroom at work and took my bra off for like two minutes, but now that I am back at my desk again, I'm miserable! I am worried I have no real solutions either. I did go up to a 36, and that helped (a little), but not a ton. Since we are close to the same size, we'll have to let each other know if we find a good solution!! Worried I'm going to spend the next 16+ weeks with one big painful uniboob! How do other women seem to not have this going on!? My IRL friends haven't seemed to have gotten these unflattering boobs during pregnancy!

36. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@mrscobee: I have no idea, but I can't stand my boobs touching either, so any bra that smooshes them together is out for me too!

@elljay: Congrats on the boy! Sorry...I didn't mean to ignore

@hellobeeboston: I'm definitely showing as well. I have my anatomy scan on Monday and hope all goes well!

37. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: @mrscobee: @hellobeeboston: @2PeasinaPod: Thanks ladies!!

38. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

So I found out yesterday there were a few things that turned up in our anatomy scan. (We were away on vacation so I somehow missed my Docs voicemails, but at least glad I didn't learn of this while away). I'm a little freaked but trying to remain calm. We have a follow up US with an MFM sometime next week to see if some of the issues are resolved. There were two soft markers (one for downs, one for trisomy18) but we already had the Harmony test which came back normal, so my OB thinks it will be fine. I called my friend who's an OB and she said one of the markers she never even mentions since it's so common, and I commented on another HB thread about the other that also seemed common and to resolve itself after a few weeks. The last thing was a tiny cyst in the abdomen area that could also just be the gallbladder. Who knows.... Trying to remain calm and positive as all the things I read seemed to lead to positive outcomes. But, ugh! I thought we were in the clear. Hard not to worry.

I also mentioned this weird sensation I was having when I was stretched out and yawned, felt like tearing but didn't hurt? Turns out, yeah, that's just my abs "ripping" - yikes!! OB and a friend said it's pretty normal second time around. It's the weirdest!

39. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

Hey all - I haven't checked in for way too long! We had our anatomy scan last week and everything looked good. We got visual confirmation there is definitely a boy in there!
    He was turned around and the tech couldn't get any good pics of his face/profile and a couple of heart images, so we go back next week for a follow-up.
    Good news is that the placenta is no longer on top of my cervix. It's still low, but not in a position that the doctor is concerned about. Yay!
    I'm 21.5 weeks now, definitely showing, although I could still hide it if I wanted to. We've been working hard on names (DH and I just can't decide), I've been working on figuring out nursery stuff too. Also have scored some good deals on clothes and swaddles at yardsales/consignments.

Glad to catch up. I can't believe how many boys are coming this September!!!

@hellobeeboston: fingers crossed it all resolves quick or it's a non-issue. It's so hard not to stress, but do your best. Keep us posted!

40. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@CarrieLouWho: thanks!! Next US will be either this coming Monday or Thuraday. Hoping for Monday. That's great news about the placenta and a good appt!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee