Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. mrsrugbee

apricot / 347 posts

@chanzi: my midwives give an informed choice waiver to strep + moms. You have the choice to start antibiotics right away when labour starts, when your water is broken or not at all. I'd only take the antibiotics after the waters have broken 12hrs, personally.

2. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

Facebook group is a great idea! I loved our August 2013 group.
    I could try to set it up, if you wanted. Everyone interested could wall me their Facebook names? Does that work?

3. mrsrugbee

apricot / 347 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: is there a way to message people in private? The wall looks public too.

4. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

Yes please, ist is much easier for me to stay on top of FB than on hellobee

5. Mrs. Oatmeal

@mrsrugbee: ahh- private messages might be a gold feature.
    Just shoot me an email, if that works, at bakingandbabiesblog(at)gmail(dot)com, and I'll create the group!

6. mrsrugbee

apricot / 347 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I just emailed you. Thank you for starting it! I'm excited!!!

7. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: emailed you!!

8. cfmartin

pea / 12 posts

Hi everyone! I love seeing all the updates.

I am 38w5d. I haven't had much progression, still around 1 cm so my doctor stripped my membranes yesterday morning. Had some bleeding, cramps and contractions afterwards but was able to sleep through the night without any problems. Last night, after the bleeding had stopped, I think I may have had my bloody show? It's hard to tell since I was bleeding earlier in the day. I'm still not sure. Does anyone have any advice on that?

Today I'm feeling really tired and a little crampy. Not much contraction action so far this morning. I know it's likely nothing will happen so I'm trying to chill out, but I would be oh so happy.

9. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Thank you for coordinating! I just emailed you as well

@cfmartin: I don't think I had the bloody show the last time around, just light bleeding after the cervical checks. Everything I've ready on the bloody show thing says it can mean labor will start ANY TIME NOW or it could be 2 weeks away... not very helpful! Fingers crossed things start progressing for you!

10. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@cfmartin: I was really crampy after my membrane sweeps last time too. I'm not sure about the "show" but I could definitely tell i was losing the plug.... I ended up going into labor after my second sweep, a week after my first and had some light bleeding off & on the week in between

11. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

I send an email too!

12. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Thanks for setting up all the new boards! Can't wait to see who's the first to go

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Emailing you as well - thanks for setting up the group!

I'm 37w3d today, which blows my mind - definitely not feeling ready. Hopefully after this weekend we'll have crossed a lot more stuff off the list, like baby laundry, packing hospital bag, etc. I have my first cervical check on Monday at my 38w appointment, so I'm anxious to see what they say!

13. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

I just went and got by tdap and flu shots. Did anyone else get these while pregnant? I did last time too, but my OB said to do the tdap again because it will offer a little bit of protection for the baby as well. I'm not sure if my husband and my mom need to get them again or if they last longer than 3 years. I think they do, but I'll ask again next time to be sure.

14. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@elljay: I'm just over 35 weeks, but I've done almost all baby laundry and packed about 75% of my hospital bag. I'm not bringing much because I don't remember using all that much last time. The baby's room isn't quite cleaned out or set up though, but I'm making as much progress as a can while working full time and caring for a toddler. I hope you get some good news with your checks. I don't really remember having them last time, but I may just be blocking it all out.

15. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@elljay: We're due date twins! I haven't packed my back yet either, will hopefully get that done by the weekend!
    I was able to get most of the baby's room ready this weekend - laundry done, folded and put away. Prepped the changing table. Wiped everything down. So I'm feeling good at least about that! I still have so much to get done for work... sigh!

@ChelseaRose: I did my Tdap as well. My doctor said hubby didn't need a booster since he had it for our daughter (3 years ago). Let us know what yours says!

Ugh - our DD woke up last night throwing up Hubby stayed home with her since he's worried about me getting it. Poor thing. I hope it's just a 24 hour bug!

16. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@cfmartin: Isn't it early for a membrane sweep? I thought it was something they just did if someone was overdue? It's different from a typical cervical check, right? Or maybe I have no idea! Haha. I had my 38 week appointment today but no cervical check. I think my midwives don't really do them until 40 weeks unless you request one.

@ChelseaRose: I got my tdap again. They don't have the flu shot available at my birth center yet so I'm going to get one at the local pharmacy in the next couple of days. The flu vaccine changes every year so that's one that it might be worth having other family members get... They don't need another tdap if they got it last time.

17. Seanettle

pea / 14 posts

@Mrs.Oatmeal thanks for the fb coordination, I still keep up with my July2013 baby fb group. It was great for postpartum questions. Just hit the big 37 week and begining of "term" stage. I went at 38 weeks with LO#1 so am getting kinda antsy to have all the things done. Nursery is almost there, have a crib skirt to make still and thats about it!

18. Mrs. Oatmeal

Awesome! Glad the FB group is up and running!
    I'm 36+4 today, or 37, depending on which date I'm going with. My iron is MEGA low, and even though I've been on crazy supplements for ages, it's been dropping still. At this point, the doctor said that nothing will get my iron up fast enough, and an infusion would probably not work in time either. He thinks that I may need a blood transfusion after birth, but that there is no way of knowing until we get there.

19. Mrs. Oatmeal

@chanzi: 38 weeks! Crazy! This last little while is flying by! @elljay: no hospital bag for me yet either, though I'm getting anxious about it. I'm off work tomorrow so maybe I'll get my act together!

20. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I hear you on the work stuff. I get stressed out trying to tie up loose ends before I leave on vacation, so thinking about being out for 3 months is definitely overwhelming. Sounds like you're in a good place on the home front though!

@ChelseaRose: I got a Tdap shot when I was 28 weeks, but no flu shot yet. My DH got a Tdap as well and was told it should last him the rest of his adult life. I'm jealous that you are so prepared already...I just can't get up the motivation to do more laundry, even if it is cute baby laundry

21. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@chanzi: @elljay: I got lucky. My primary doctor's office just got flu shot in yesterday and I went by today without an appointment. My husband will be happy to get one less shot.

22. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I sent an email for the fb add!

@elljay: baby laundry is worse than regular laundry! You do like a zillion pieces in 1 load. I have been avoiding it also, and just keep blaming it on my 3 y/o that likes to dress her dolls in the baby clothes.

@ChelseaRose: I got the TDap again at 28 weeks. Its still too soon around here for the flu shot. Otherwise it wouldn't protect for the whole season.

I went for my 37 week checkup. I have a c section scheduled for 9/15, but was told to have my bag packed and that I probably wouldn't make it to the scheduled date. I am soooo not ready for this baby yet!

23. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

Checking in while catching up on Bachelor in Paradise! My 38w appointment is tomorrow at 8 am. I'm getting butterflies... I'm really hoping I have some more progression!

I had my sprinkle this weekend for Baby Brother! It was so great, I feel really lucky to have such good friends and family. I feel pretty set for everything now. Anything we didn't get I just ordered on Amazon and Target so it will hopefully arrive this week.
    We got a lot of size 1 diapers - I counted over 1200! Ha! I need to make some exchanges. But that's a great problem to have.
    My favorite gift - my mom had part of a quilt my grandmother had started finished. The back she used a quilt from my husband's grandmother and merged them together. It was so sweet!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

24. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@babynumber1: Ugh, you're not kidding - I did 3 loads this weekend and I think it took me an hour to fold each one. They're so tiny and they don't stack!

@CarrieLouWho: Glad you had a good sprinkle! What a great keepsake that quilt will be.

I had my 38w appointment this morning - I'm slightly effaced but my cervix is totally closed. After googling it at length, it sounds like it could mean a late baby or it could mean absolutely nothing. Anybody else in (or been in) this same boat? I'm also not sure if I've had any BH contractions - sometimes I'll feel some localized tightening for a few seconds, but I can never tell if it's a contraction or just a baby stretch (and he definitely likes to stretch out in there)!

25. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Hi all! Just got back from a week down the shore, and man was it amazing. Really needed the break from work, and had some great one on one time with LO before baby arrives!

I'm 3 weeks from my RCS date and starting to freak out a little! We definitely need to get stuff done like get the car seat out, put the crib back together from converting it into a toddler bed for LO1, get the PnP out, get diapers, pack the hospital bag. My co-worker who is due a day before me just got back from her 37 week appointment and said she's 3cm! She's freaking out now!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I'll send you my FB name shortly!

@CarrieLouWho: How was your appointment? Thanks for setting up the other boards. I'm surprised no one has gone early yet!

@ChelseaRose: I got a repeat TDap at my last appointment as well. I just had a booster in 2009, but they said that you can pass along some of the protection to the baby if you get it again while you were pregnant. I figured that it doesn't hurt...I want to say that the shots last 10 years until you need a booster, but don't quote me on that.

@elljay: I take the checks with a grain of salt. My BFF walked around 3cm, 50% effaced for a month. Her doctor kept telling her that it could be any day now, and it made her batty. I on the other hand was completely closed and not effaced at all when they checked on Monday, went into labor on Tuesday night, and had LO1 by Wednesday of the same week. So it all depends on your body. ETA: my BFF ended up being overdue by 5 days, and LO1 was a day early for me...

Hope everyone is feeling well

26. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@elljay: Like @2PeasinaPod said, I think some of the progress stuff is totally hit or miss. You could walk around dilated and effaced and nothing happen... or have nothing at all and suddenly your body kicks into overdrive!

Had my 38w appointment today. Head is further down, slightly more effaced, but no more dilation and cervix is still further back. So, we just wait. I go back next Wednesday since Monday is a holiday and Tuesday is her surgery day. No induction scheduled. She said if I show some more progress that we will do a membrane sweep on Wednesday. So, we're just hanging out!

27. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

@elljay: I can tell the difference between baby movement and braxton hicks in my back and ribs only. Baby doesn't hurt as much, but the Braxton Hicks are uncomfortable in those 2 places.

@CarrieLouWho: Membrane sweeps can help jump start labor. I would try that, but they hurt super bad with my last pregnancy. That quilt sounds so sweet. My grandmother has always made a quilt for babies. I was afraid with her getting older, she wouldn't be able to do one for LO, but she did and it is cute and perfect. It even matches the nursery.

@2PeasinaPod: Your to do list is making me nervous! I am so type A I wouldn't be able to sleep with all that to do! No joke, I have had diapers on auto delivery for 4 months from amazon!

28. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Glad to hear that you're at least progressing a little even if you're not any further dilated. Love that your mom did that with the quilt...what a sweet gift. I'm crocheting a white blanket for a friend who had a baby a few weeks ago and am trying to hurry to get that done before baby comes!

@babynumber1: Ha! I'm usually type A too, and I'm so lax this pregnancy. I guess because I know I have 3 weeks...I'm not allowing myself to think that this baby could possibly come early even though I know that's very possible. It helps that our hospital is literally 5 minutes up the road and DH can always run out if we need anything since he's taking 2 weeks off. But I do have to call my disability carrier and order my new pump through insurance. So yeah...I need to make a list and get stuff done tonight!

29. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: yep. Also starting to freak out. How are there only 3 weeks or less left?!?!? We have SO much to do/organize. Hoping to do most of it this weekend actually. Will finally be home.
    @elljay: I know things can change quickly, so it's not too much of an indication! At my 38-week appointment next week they do my first check, hoping something is happening, but who knows!

Oh I was NEG for group b strep, yay.

30. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

It's our birth month!!!!!!!!!!

31. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@hellobeeboston: Hooray! I can't believe September is already here! Today is mine and DH's anniversary, and my BFF is watching LO so we can go out to dinner one last time before baby arrives!

32. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: happy anniversary!! So nice to get a night out before the baby

33. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Hope you enjoyed your night out! Happy anniversary!

34. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Today someone asked when I'm due and I got to say, "This month!"

35. Mrs. Oatmeal

@2PeasinaPod: Three weeks! Is it a little comforting to have an 'end date' in mind? Its driving me a little nuts having NO CLUE when the baby is coming! Happy anniversary, too!

So, I had a trifecta of awful comments today. A coworker made a bunch of fat jokes (and pressed himself up against the wall so I could 'squeeze' by... in a 6ft wide hallway), then someone in the elevator asked repeatedly if I was sure I wasn't having twins, THEN another coworker said she could tell I had low iron because of the huge dark circles under my eyes! Is pregnancy just fair game to ridicule people?

My midwife gave me a big list of ways to jumpstart labour, and said she'd do a stretch and sweep at my 40 week appt if I wanted. I'm hoping things get started before then though - I'm ready to meet this baby!

36. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: wow. I'm so sorry you had to endure that. I seriously wonder WTF is wrong with people sometimes. I only got a comment today that I look tired. I guess I should be glad it wasn't worse?!

37. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: wow. WTF. I hope you said something snarky back. Ugh. I can't stand pregnancy comments sometimes. I also feel like quite the spectacle at my office!

@ChelseaRose: I have gotten this comment a couple times in the last couple weeks. I made a joke one time about good prep for baby, and the other person I made feel bad and said something like oh I look shitty today? I thought I looked ok or something like that. Whatever.

38. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Are your toddlers being extra sensitive and clingy lately? In the past few days my little guy (almost 3) has really been having a hard time and "needs" me to do everything for him. He had a difficult time at preschool drop off today, refused to take a nap at my mom's house (where he's gone 2-3 days per week since he was only a few months old), and threw a major fit because it was my husband's turn to read books before bed tonight (likely exacerbated by the lack of nap). I know he's aware of the changes coming and it breaks my heart when he's so upset.

39. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Thanks, everyone! We had such a nice dinner last night. It's been so long since we had a date night, and it was just awesome to have an uninterrupted conversation with DH. We're getting close on a name too...which is good since he'll be here shortly!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: This infuriates me. One of these days, when someone makes a "twins" or an implying fat comment, I want to shoot back at them, "Well, I AM 9 months pregnant...what's your excuse?" But I'm not brave enough. I had a co-worker who handled it SO gracefully whenever someone said something rude to her...she would always say, "I know! Isn't it great?!?" anytime anyone was like, "you're as big as a house!" or made any type of fat implying comment. It made people think twice without her being rude. I don't think I can do that either!

@ChelseaRose: Yes here - DS will be 3 on the 26th, and he's definitely been more snuggly with me and has been far more whiny. It's the whining that drives me crazy. I certainly don't mind extra snuggles

40. cfmartin

pea / 12 posts

So my due date is this Saturday 9/5 and I had my 39 week appt this morning. No change for the past 3 weeks--still 1 cm and barely effaced My OB says my cervix isn't ready at all and needs more time. I had a second membrane sweep a couple of hours ago and I already feel like it won't help me progress.

My OB has said we can go ahead and considering inducing on the 9th or the 14th (if I want a little more time). I'm really torn and disappointed. I want an unmedicated birth and was really hoping to avoid an induction or c-section. I'm starting to like the induction and possibility a c-section is inevitable no matter what. I feel a little helpless. I am so tired of being pregnant, but I want to do what I need to to avoid induction or c-section.

If any one has some positive induction stories or advice, I'd love it.

Thanks

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee