Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: not meaningless at all!!! I live for these milestones!!!

2. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

YOU GUYS. pregnancy brain is real. I'm at the zoo right now.

3. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Mae: this is amazing!

4. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: lol, omg!!

5. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: hahaha this is incredible.

6. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@StrawberryBee: yep, loads of women here wear them! It's a standard badge that the transit authority provides to pregnant women. I always see at least one or two in my tube carriage each morning.

@Mae: omg so funny! You made it all the way there and everything! I did some really dumb stuff last pregnancy, including running a red light on 2 occasions - thankfully neither time caused any accidents. I've had so many friends tell me that they left the stove on while pregnant. At least no one can get hurt from a pregnancy-brain-fashion-mishap!!!

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: that's awesome!

8. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

@Banana330: I did! I had my appt today. Risk for downs is 1 in 11,000. Risk for Tri 19 is 1 in 90,000 (something crazy like that, I can't remember that number exactly). And holy crap, your anatomy scan is in three weeks?!? That is nuts! This kind of puts me in a panic mode. At first I wanted time to hurry up, now I want it to slow down!

@Mae: OK this has got to me one of the greatest things I have ever seen. How did your feet feel after a day of walking? I definitely have had pregnancy brain symptoms too. But nothing like that! lol

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mademoiselle3: Yay for good results! I know I can't believe i'm 16.5 weeks already. I'm ready to find out the sex so we can start organizing things. I've pretty much just ignored everything about a new baby coming until after we find out.

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Ok so i'm 16w3d today and i'm pretty sure I've felt kicks. With DD I had an anterior placenta (which I guess might have been extra thick) and I rarely felt any movement, occasionally big somersaults but never really kicks per say. I didn't feel anything until 24 weeks and after that it was usually hiccups that let me know she was there.

This is a really different feeling, more like some pressing on the inside or tiny flicks. I know you can feel quickening starting 16-25 weeks but this seems early for something so definitive. Anyone else feeling movements?

11. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

Hi ladies! Sorry I went mia for awhile... first trimester was getting stressful with all the spotting issues I was having and sadly reading news of early losses on here so I had to take a break. But I'm back and I need to catch up on all the posts! I'm luckily doing much better here- spotting is gone and had my NT scan which looked good as well... a huge relief! Can't wait to read up on what everyone has been up to

12. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Hey all, also been kind of MIA, but reading along. I'm relieved to be in the second trimester!

I am not sure what the heck keeps happening, but on Friday I am pretty sure I got food poisoning and ended up vomiting. Then last night I got so incredibly dizzy I couldn't lift my head up and vomited twice. I know it doesn't compare to being sick with MS, but I am frustrated that I keep getting some sort of gastrointestinal problem. It's the 3rd time in 3 weeks.

@Banana330: I don't think I've felt kicks yet, but I'm only 14 weeks. I also had an anterior placenta last time so I'm hoping this time I don't so I can feel earlier movements.

Anyone start taking bump photos? I finally took my first one for this pregnancy on Sunday. I'm slacking compared to my son!

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. K: Sorry you've had a stressful first tri. Good to hear the spotting cleared up and the NT looked good!

@Boopers: ugh.. there's been lots of gastro bugs going around lately. My friend who's pregnant with twins has had it twice in the last month! Puking is the worst (I puked three times this morning!). I know, i'm trying to figure out if this is what kicks without an anterior placenta feels like... it's a whole other world. I remember my friend saying her DD was kicking up a storm and waking her sometimes and I was dumbfounded cause I really had to pay attention to feel some.

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Due Dates
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 15 - YouGotMe (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2), annem1990 (#1)
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1) , Mamag511 (#2)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2), Bibliolove (#1)
    September 27 - Mae (#2), Dolphin (#3), Mrs Cotton Candy (#2)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1), sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)

Appointments
    April 2 - YouGotMe
    April 3 - Boopers
    April 5 - Banana330
    April 6 - Mae
    April 11 - Mamag511
    April 13 - Banana330 (Anatomy Scan)
    April 24 - Boopers (Anatomy Scan)
    April 25 - Lulu22 (cardio scan)
    April 27 - Lulu22 (Anatomy Scan)
    May 6 - Mae (Anatomy Scan)

15. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Boopers: have you talked to your doctor about the stomach bug? Can't believe it's hit you so many times! Ugh sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I haven't started taking bump photos yet because o can't tell if I have one or if it's just a fat roll from eating so many things (dairy and carbs) that I didn't eat before so I'm not sure when to start but I don't want to start too late! I have also been meaning to start journaling my journey so that I can one day share it with the baby once he/she is old enough but I'm slacking on that too!

16. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mrs. K: Glad you are feeling better!! And so good to hear that the spotting has stopped and your NT scan went well!!

@Boopers: Stomach bugs are the worst! I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Just scheduled my anatomy scan today for May 5th! It seems so far away, but I'm hoping it goes quickly!!

17. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

My anatomy scan is May 4th, looks like it will be a busy week for a few of us!

I have started to look at daycares, and am going to tour one on Thursday. I really hope we have a lot of good options, that is one of my main stressors right now since we both work FT and WOH. Fingers crossed!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Due Dates

Appointments
    April 2 - YouGotMe
    April 3 - Boopers
    April 5 - Banana330
    April 6 - Mae
    April 11 - Mamag511
    May 4 - Bibliolove (Anatomy Scan)
    May 5 - Mamag511 (Anatomy Scan)
    May 6 - Mae (Anatomy Scan)

19. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mrs. K: I called my doctor earlier this afternoon (it's 5:15 my time) and had to leave a message for the nurse. I haven't heard anything yet though. I am going to have to stay home from work another day tomorrow.

20. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mademoiselle3: lol my feet were fine actually. Luckily my black flats are super comfy.

@Banana330: No movements here yet, I'm only 14w, but I felt movement at 17 weeks last time and I know they say you can often feel it earlier the 2d time! I always described the early movements as "hamster doing somersaults" lol

@Banana330: My anatomy scan is actually May 4. I might've given you the wrong date because my next normal appt is April 6, could've gotten them switched

I'm just chugging along. 14w tomorrow. I'm still on meds but on them, I feel mostly normal as long as I don't go too long without eating. Sorting out work lunches is still my biggest pain in the ass, but it will get a bit easier as the weather gets better and I am more willing to venture out more lol.

21. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Boopers: I hope whatever it is you get better soon! Hopefully you're able to keep fluids down?

@mamag551 @banana330: thank you

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Due Dates
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2), annem1990 (#1) [:teamgreen:]

Appointments
    April 2 - YouGotMe
    April 3 - Boopers
    April 5 - Banana330
    April 6 - Mae
    April 11 - Mamag511
    May 4 - Bibliolove (Anatomy Scan), Mae (Anatomy Scan)

23. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mrs. K: thanks! Yes, I was able to keep liquids and bland food down yesterday. I'm better today, but I still feel weak so I am glad I decided to stay home and not push myself.

I spoke with my doctor yesterday evening and she said from my symptoms that it sounds like a virus and that it'll just take time to run its course. She told me to call her today if I got worse so I can go in, but I don't think I will have to.

24. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Boopers: that's great news! Sounds like you're on the mend thank goodness!!

25. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

Hi! I'm new to these boards, but have been a reader for a little while. I'm expecting September 21. So far so good. Just scheduled my anatomy scan for May 11. .

26. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@babybunnylove: Welcome to our crew!! I'm due the day after you! Is this baby #1??

@Boopers: Hope you are feeling better today!!

27. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@babybunnylove: welcome!

28. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

So, fun new symptom here! (not lol). Puffy eyelids! I had this for a couple days in week 8, but it was when I was traveling for work and I was completely physically worn out so I just blamed that, and it went away when I came home. I've been sleeping fine this week but woke up with super puffy eyelids today! So annoying.

Also I started getting eczema on my eyelids at 7 weeks and it keeps getting worse WTF. I am already feel fat and now my face looks all crazy. I made myself a derm appt for next Wed to see what I can do about the eczema, and see if that could be contributing to the puffiness? Then I have an OB appt thurs. I'm hoping between the two of them they can get me looking normal again lol.

29. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: ugh thats annoying! My skin has gotten worse with a little acne, but my psoriasis has disappeared oddly.

I am dragging beyond belief. I think I feel more tired now than what I did earlier on. But all is well in baby-land, so I know it's just normal.

30. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: when will the tiredness stooooopppp?! I actually do feel better now than I did a month ago, but I'm still really tired all the time. My mom told me today that I just seem really unhappy lately. I'm like.............. I'm exhausted and have felt shitty for over 2 months, it takes a toll. lol. She wasn't local last time i was pregnant so she did not get to witness the magic that is me-growing-a-person.

31. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Due Dates
    September 21 - babybunnylove
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1) , Mamag511 (#2):teamgreen:

Appointments
    April 2 - YouGotMe
    April 3 - Boopers
    April 5 - Banana330
    April 6 - Mae
    April 11 - Mamag511
    May 4 - Bibliolove (Anatomy Scan), Mae (Anatomy Scan)
    May 11 -babybunnylove (Anatomy Scan)

32. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@babybunnylove: Welcome!

@Bibliolove: @Mae: I hear you both on the tiredness. I had a nap yesterday when I worked from home. I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

@Mae: My eyelids sometimes get puffy if i'm dehydrated. mostly if it's dry in the house and I don't have the humidifier on at night.

33. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Mae: Not to scare you, but my eyelids got puffy when I had mono. I had felt "off" for a while, and woke up one day with the eyelid thing. That triggered to me to go to the doctor. Before I even had the test, he was like "I would bet it's mono!" I guess that's a really common sign. Sorry you're feeling so awful!

34. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@annem1990: Ive had mono already! I think pregnancy just sucks lol.

35. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

Thank you all for the nice welcome! This is #3 for me. I've got teenage girl from a previous marriage, an almost 4 year old girl and this little bundle. I'm excited to have found this little community.

36. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

How was everyone's weekend?

We're slowly putting the house back together after the reno. Got the playroom sorted but have lots to do before my inlaws arrive. All the work around the house I over did it with my foot and it's pretty sore today. I'm hoping a day of rest will help, I really don't want to go back on crutches. DD has been a whiny mess this weekend, I think maybe 2 yr molars combined with a cold and I have a sore throat (hopefully not strep!). I have my first prenatal massage this afternoon and I can't wait!

37. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Banana330: I am starting to think I'm overdoing it on the weekends. We are just super busy with two little ones, errands, church and other activities! By Sunday night my back is usually hurting so bad I can barely walk without a limp.

Thinking maybe I'm starting to get sick. Ear hurts a little and just feeling rundown. I think I'm 15 weeks this week though so I have turned a corner as far as nausea/eating and this has been the easiest pregnancy so far--overall!

38. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: glad to hear that things are starting to get back together after the reno! It will be such a relief to have it done! Sorry about the sore throat hope it doesn't evolve into something nasty.

@matador84: hope you also are not coming down with something! being sick when pregnant is horrible.

I thought we were finally over the winter sickness in our house after a horrible Feb and March but then tonight after his bath DS threw up so now I'm not sure. I don't know how much more illness I can take! Just hoping it turns out to be a one-off thing and not some horrid tummy bug.

I had my midwife appointment at the hospital today. It lasted all of 5 mins! The NHS is so hands-off compared with my experience in America. They didn't even check me with a doppler today, and I am 16 weeks, high risk, and STILL have not seen an OB. I asked them today when I would see an OB and they said "oh you should have seen one by now, we will have to try and get you an appointment" it will be at least a month wait for an OB appointment, and they told me at my last midwife appointment (6 weeks ago) that they were arranging it but I guess they never did. We have decided to hire a private midwife because I am just fed up with not having continuity of care and with the general lack of care. It's great that it's free for everyone to access the system, but they are obviously stretched so thin and bursting at the seams.

On the plus side, I had another go at the home doppler tonight and after a lot of trying, DH finally managed to find the heartbeat! So that was reassuring.

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: it's so hard not to over do it on the weekends! But I we're going to have to slow down a bit. Hope you feel better soon!

@lulu22: Ugh the NHS sounds awful. make sure to advocate for yourself! I'm so over these winter illnesses. DD has had a cough for over a month!

40. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I swear I'm not normally this whiny and unlucky. I do have strep throats and we have to take DD for a chest X-ray.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee