Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@StrawberryBee: I'm sorry, that sucks - I really hope you have a buyer soon!

2. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

My husband has received several comments this weekend from coworkers and family with kids about holding off us having a baby. Things like "Hold off as long as you can!" and "You're doing it right waiting and enjoying life."
    They obviously don't know I'm pregnant or that we were trying. We've been married for over 2 years and in our mid-late twenties.
    Maybe it's just "guy talk," but it bugs me! They make it seem like we are about to embark on this horrible journey. Do any other FTM and/or SO get these comments?

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: wow showing your house sounds rough. I hate anything messing with nap time. We're renovating right now and our kitchen and bathroom are totally gutted to the studs. It's definitely hard work keeping DD out of it.

4. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@annem1990: honestly, I would probably joke the same thing. It is a massive life change and there are times it can be quite trying but it's sooo amazing too. As much as you can be used to being around kids there's something about the relentless need they have for you that I just wasn't ready for. I'm sure you will really enjoy your journey, but I think they mean well and are saying to taking advantage of the opportunity to do things before kids come. Even simple things like brunch, reading the paper or a book, or finishing a cup of coffee will change after kids! I hope this doesn't come across wrong, cause I love my DD and our new life but I do occasionally long for my old life.

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@periwinklebee: @Banana330: thanks! Hmm, I think a reno might be worse 😅

@Banana330: oh, you mean like when you get to watch a half hour of your dvr'd show in peace and quiet, and the other half is spent trying to see around your three year old as she asks relentlessly when you're going to switch to "her show"? Or when she's rattling on the bathroom doorknob asking what you're doing in the bathroom, and if you need her to be in there with you for privacy? Or when she tells all the teachers at daycare that you went to work without any underwear on? (Never happened, for the record, I went to work without *socks* since I was wearing flats. I don't think they believed me lol).

@annem1990: I can't speak to DH ever getting that kind of talk; when we met he was already divorced with two kids. Some people do like to tell me "wait until your little one gets older!" And I'm like, yep, already been there done that with the step kids . A few told me "oh, two is like a million times more than one, just you wait!" So I guess any change at any time is a transition that people like to talk about.

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@annem1990: Not too many comments like this, more often it's been the opposite, like "hurry up and have kids."

I started bleeding last night and don't have a good feeling about it At first it was a few gushes of bright red blood that I could see both in the toilet and on the tp. Now it is more like brown spotting. It seems pretty typical of how AF starts. It's a holiday in the U.S. so the clinic is closed but tomorrow I'll go in for an ultrasound and also a rhogam shot. The after hours fellow on call said in about one out of three cases when they see bleeding there's still a healthy pregnancy, not horrible odds but also not great... I had no idea I was RH negative, and am super glad I'm seeing the clinic as they said without the shot it could cause serious problems with future pregnancies.

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: oh no, fingers crossed that everything is ok for you. Take it easy today.

8. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: Thank you

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@periwinklebee: hoping for good news *hugs*

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@StrawberryBee: Thank you!

11. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@periwinklebee: Sending good thoughts! I hope everything is ok!!

12. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Banana330: I appreciate your thoughts. You're absolutely right...it's a life transition that people like to talk about. It made me think about how many times I've said to my younger sibilings "Stay in College as long as you can!! It's the best time of your life! The real world is hard, etc." So I'm sure I'm guilty of the same and will do the same once we enter this new chapter.

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@annem1990: Thank you!

The bleeding seems to have almost stopped for the time being, hopefully that lasts. I was really upset last night, but feeling now like I can accept whatever happens.

14. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@periwinklebee: thinking about you!! I had a lot of spotting with my first pregnancy (on and off from week 5 to week ten), and just had a little bit of red blood last week too. I'm trying not to panic, but I know it is so hard not to think the worst!

15. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@periwinklebee: oh no, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing serious. One of my friends bled for a bit in the beginning due to over extension of carrying her toddler. She was placed on bed rest & when they checked her, she was fine & they were able to see baby's heart beat. Also, if you're with an RE, you could ask about progesterone suppositories. My RE had me take it until I entered the second trimester. It was supposed to help keep baby healthy and me pregnant. It's super messy but I was happy to know that I was doing something to keep the pregnancy.

@annem1990: as @Banana330: mentioned, I have probably jokingly said the same thing to others as well but only if I knew the couple well as they are probably aware of our IF journey. I'm pretty open about it after we had a successful pregnancy but I definitely understand the hurtfulness of the comments made when others joke about it & you have been trying for some time to become pregnant. But once my LO was a few months old, it was like everyone rushing us to have another. We get a lot of those comments now about when #2 is coming peppered with the "you're not getting any younger" comments.

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@theotherstark: Thank you! , I hope you can avoid the spotting this time.

17. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@lazypanda: Thank you - I will ask about progesterone!

18. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Banana330:

Thanks, I'll likely update the due date after my ultrasound since I never ovulate day 14.

This will be #2 (LO#1 just turned 2)

19. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

Hi ladies! First post on hellobee since my daughter was born almost 2 years ago. So excited to join another expecting board!

Location: Vancouver, Canada (there's a few Canadians on this one!)

EDD: September 9, according to my calculations

First child? 2nd. DD will be 2 and a half when baby arrives

Any symptoms? Low-level nausea (no throwing up) every day since 9dpo, but manageable. (Thank you, ginger tea!) Also, fatigue and lovely acne on my face. Feeling soooo attractive. Lol! 🙄

Who have you told? DH, my parents, close friends. I'm generally pretty open about it. I figure if anything goes wrong, these are the people I would turn to for support anyway.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Like most of you, MMC is always in the back of my mind. We keep up the mantra of "sticky bean, sticky bean, sticky bean"
    Also, I still have some baby weight from DD so I'm worried about not gaining much throughout this pregnancy. Goal: no weight gain in the first trimester. I'm watching what I eat and trying to get out walking as often as I can.

Great to meet everyone!

20. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@periwinklebee: good luck today . Will be thinking of you.

@LIL BEAN: congrats and welcome!

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: good luck today!

@LIL BEAN: welcome!

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Yay! September Mama's!

Sept 5 - yougotme (#2)
    Sept 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    Sept 9 - LIL BEAN (#2)
    Sept 13 - theotherstark (#2)
    Sept 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    Sept 18 - Periwinklebee (#1)
    Sept 22 - annem1990 (#1)
    Sept 24 - Boopers (#2), Lazypanda (#2)
    TBD - Kemma (#3)

Appointments
    Jan 18 - yougotme
    Jan 19 - Banana330
    Jan 27 - StrawberryBee, theotherstark, Periwinklebee
    Jan 30 - Lazypanda
    Early Feb - Kemma

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LIL BEAN: Welcome!

@StrawberryBee: @Banana330: Thank you! I have appts set up this afternoon for hcg/ultrasound/rhogam. I think it will be too early to see much, but at least they can hopefully confirm that it's not ectopic. Still spotting a bit but it's been pretty light and no more gushes of red blood.

I'm starting to dread opening the bill for all of this. In anticipation of TTC I chose the most expensive plan this year, and hopefully that will make it not too bad...

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: Do you have to pay out of pocket for all the testing or is it just your deductible?

25. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: I've read through the insurance documentation multiple times, and it's super confusing because there's different shares I have to pay based on the category it falls in, plus there's no way to know the negotiated price until the bill comes. The OOP max is honestly not bad, so as long as this all counts towards it and there aren't exceptions about what counts and what doesn't, I think it will be fine.

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: US insurance and health care sounds sooo complicated. Good luck!

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: Thank you! I've been lucky that I've never had to use mine much, so I'm just not very knowledgable about how everything works!

Feeling sort of nauseous this morning, I hope it's a good sign...

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

My fun with health insurance is going to be that my company is weird and our plan year resets on June 1st. So I get to fund all this money towards my annual out of pocket max (from my previous pregnancy and D&E), and then before this baby is born (hopefully) it all resets. And I don't even know what the terms and coverage of the new year will be.

The only good side is that I can choose to throw more money in my FSA to cover the birth.

29. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@periwinklebee: good luck today!!

@YouGotMe: @LIL BEAN: congrats and welcome!!!

I have my first appt scheduled on 2/7. I should be about 7w2d so I should hopefully see a heartbeat. I'm so so anxious this second time around and I'm hoping it eases if the first scan goes well. I also am going to tell my team at work this week even though it's still so early so they know why I have to start taking days off. I hate being sneaky and keeping secrets and my team is very close!

30. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: my plan starts 9/1 so if I stay on this plan then I'll have to restart my deductible too. It's not fun!

31. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Boopers: ugh that sounds like the worst.. talk about timing to reset the plan!

@Boopers: I thought I might be less anxious after having DD but i'm just as bad this time as last... I feel the constant need for reassurance everything is ok.

32. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

I keep forgetting to check this thread! My dating scan is booked for Wednesday, February 1 and I'll make an appt to see my midwife once she gets the formal results. I should be just over seven weeks at the time of the scan so there should be something to see!

We still haven't told anybody about this pregnancy and haven't even told our 4yo, my big girl can't keep a secret so it'll be all over town once she knows! My in-laws are staying at the moment and they haven't yet twigged but I'm ok with that...

Hope everybody is keeping well ♥

33. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Boopers: Ugh, what bad timing, though that does sound convenient about the FSA. I didn't elect to put anything into a health FSA for this year, because no idea if TTC would work and I hate to lose the money.

I had my appointment this afternoon. Thankfully the sac is in the uterus. It’s too early to see anything else, as expected. It measured right about what I thought given o date, i.e. around 5 weeks. There was a substantial subchorionic hematoma by the sac, which may have been what caused the bleeding. So I’ll just hope the bleeding continues to lessen and that we’re still in the game in another week and a half for a follow up appt.

Between the appt for the blood draw required for the rhogam, the appt for the rhogam shot, the appt for the ultrasound, and the followup appt with the OB, plus rush hour traffic, it took five hours. I’m super, super grateful though for the good medical care (and rhogam!) and that it happened on a day when I could easily get away from work.

34. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@periwinklebee: whew, that's great news!!

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: whew that's reassuring. Those SCH can be common. Hopefully the little one keeps growing as it should.

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Boopers: I keep on wanting to tell my coworkers; I'm not sure if I'll spill the beans after the ultrasound next week. I hate waiting! Still little to no symptoms. Sorry you're in the same medical plan setup. I worry about that and school cutoffs 😅

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@periwinklebee: sounds like all went well! Sorry it took so long, though

38. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Boopers: I keep wanting to tell people earlier this time, too, even though I'm more nervous about this pregnancy! Maybe because I feel like I'm already super bloated and stretching down there, so I think I'll be showing earlier this time around. I think we will at least tell our parents after the first ultrasound next week. And I'll probably tell my barre instructors one of these days, just so they're aware and can provide modifications if needed.

39. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Thank you all!

40. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: I told my coworkers (three of the managers) because ones my best friend and it was super obvious to the other two when I suddenly needed to take time off for "doctors appointments."

I have to have way more appointments this time around so it's going to be interesting.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee