Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Banana330: I hope everyone is feeling well!
    The major thing I've been experiencing is intense rib pain. If I sit for more than 5 minutes, the bottom of my ribs feel incredibly bruised. Luckily when I stand up or lie down it goes away. No BH yet (I don't think!).

My weight gain has seemed to slow. Up about 40lbs. It still feels staggering, but I've really kept track of eating (without restricting) and have gone back to healthier habits. Other than that, not much I can do about it now. Have to keep baby healthy and fed!

We have names picked for either gender. We haven't told anyone and it's driving our families crazy Can't wait to meet the little one!

2. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: Great News!!

3. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Banana330: we have no names figured out and it's kind of stressing me out.

I gave my notice for my mat leave, which I did really early but we are starting to plan our student move in (I work in University housing department) and I wanted to reassure them that I had no intentions of showing up that weekend. Haha

4. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@YouGotMe: I gave my last day before leave notice to my boss, which will be about a week before my due date. I'm counting down the weeks! I am leaving right as the semester gets under way as well!

5. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee: good news!!!

I have been soooo tired this week. It's my last week of summer vacation with my kids so I am really trying to do a lot with them and make the most of it. Starting Monday it will be back to 645am wake ups for them! So sad.

I can't remember if I put this in my last post or not but my dr told me to get ready for a sept baby. My due date is 10-02 but I can't even imagine making it that far. How is everyone's bump looking? I literally am as big now as I was at 35-40 weeks with my others and I know because my same shirts I wore then are too short! Still trying to hold out as long as I can because I always work until having my kids so I can be gone into later in the year, but obv something I have no control over!

6. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

Hi all! I can't believe we are getting so close. I have 10 weeks left and I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, I have to be pregnant for TEN. MORE. WEEKS?!?! On the other hand, I have to take care of a newborn in JUST TEN WEEKS?!?! lol.

I'm feeling... okay. My hips/pelvis have been pretty sore. And breathing is a bit of a challenge sometimes. But I feel overall *okay* I guess. I'm a little overwhelmed because we still have so much to do and the physical doing of stuff is so hard. We spent 3 hours cleaning out the room that will be the nursery last weekend and I hurt so bad after! This weekend we are painting and the weekend after assembling furniture. Oy.

We've got a short list of names but no real progress towards picking one and I'm sort of keeping an ear open for new ideas.

This week has just been a shitshow already though. We had some major daycare issues with our daughter that resulted in us abruptly pulling her out with no notice today. Luckily I was able to get her enrolled in another, and scramble together some interim care-- so we'll be okay but it was just stressful and took a lot of time from work. Oh also, my kid threw my phone in the toilet last night so it's sitting in a bag of rice until tomorrow when we get to see if it still works. And I'm without a phone for 2 days. Oy.

7. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@StrawberryBee: such good news about the gd!! Yay!!

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mamag511: I hear that. The heat is brutal on swelling and comfort levels. We're eating ALOT of Popsicles in our house right now.

@Mae: Glad you got daycare sorted that sounds like a nightmare! I'm focusing on the pregnancy being over but it hasn't really clicked that we'll have to care for another human soon!

@matador84: I think if you saw me on the street my bump looks quite small. It's mostly up above my belly button which is super uncomfortable! But compared to last time I'm about the same size I was at 39 weeks.

@Bibliolove: @YouGotMe: The notice period makes things feel really real! I still can't really believe there's only one full week left in july.

@annem1990: Everyone loves asking about names.. but I hate sharing in advance. some friends had terrible reactions to their names and refused to share after that.

9. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mae: I feel you--I have 11 weeks max, but realistically more like 6-8 or even less. Sorry about the daycare disaster, but it sounds like you've been able to get it worked out!

10. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: That sounds so uncomfortable! Have they given you a current estimated weight of the baby?

@Mamag511: @YouGotMe: @matador84: @Mrs. K: Thanks!

@matador84: My bump is there but still (I feel) tiny. Still measuring on track though.

@Mae: Yes on the hip pain (and, ah, "down there"). Every time I stand up it feels like a ton of bricks is descending downward from inside of me. It's the most uncomfortable feeling. I've also found that if I do a ton of walking, my (previously sprained) ankle starts to ache, which travels up my leg. Sorry to hear about the daycare fiasco :(. That sounds extremely stressful.

11. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee @mae: I echo on the hip pain. I was having some slight pain in a weird area (TMI but kind of my crotch, kind of my groin I guess? A hard area to describe) where the pain was super minimal and I hardly noticed it. It's gotten so much worse over the past few weeks and to get out of bed, out of the car, or turn over in bed is super painful! I should have mentioned it to my doc at my last appointment but didn't. I have had very bad back pain in the past that was sciatica related but this pain is totally different and I've never experienced it with my other two pregnancies.

12. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@StrawberryBee: not a current one, I will find out at my 32 week ultrasound though! I'm measuring on track though, the fundal height. I just feel giant and he is utilizing that entire space by stretching out as much as possible lol

13. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@matador84: I'm an Aug 2017 mom & accidentally clicked on this thinking it was August....anyways, saw your post about that pain and wanted to tell you I had the same exact thing starting around 28/30 weeks. It hurt to walk, roll over in bed, even lift my leg to put on pants!! My OB recommended I see a chiropractor & the chiro said my pelvis was completely out of alignment. She fixed it & omg the pain was gone instantly. It's never come back either (36 weeks now) so it was well worth it.

Btw...this is also baby #3 and I had never had that pain in the prior 2 pregnancies either.

14. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@MommySLP: Well, I'm grateful you clicked on the wrong board! I can't believe how bad it has gotten just even in the last week. I actually see a chiropractor and am down to every two weeks--at this last visit (this week), he adjusted me and I have had NO pain where I usually have almost constant sciatic pain (even when not pregnant), but this weird groin pain has gotten worse. In his defense, I didn't mention it to him but I really wish I had! I see him again in two weeks and I can't see the pain getting any better by then. Baby 3 must be the charm!

15. hony bologna

cherry / 126 posts

@matador84: Delurking to say that that sounds exactly like pubic symphysis dysfunction (also called symphysis pubis dysfunction) - I had it in my third trimester and my OB had me go the chiro and PT for it right away. I was put on crutches (even though the pain wasn't that bad, TBH) and advised to deliver only in certain positions. I had quite a bit more pain after delivery because I did end up having to deliver in an unadvised position, and I continued to go to the chiro afterwards for several weeks (soreness there didn't go fully away for a long while after that though).

16. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@hony bologna: Glad you decided to delurk. I am really curious what my OB will say because I am can't foresee this pain going anywhere and my next appointment is in a little less than 3 weeks. He's a fabulous OB, but when I have asked him about aches and pains in past pregnancies he has told me it's just normal pregnancy aches and pains, but I am really thinking this one isn't. It's my 3rd child and I have EXTREMELY fast deliveries so I am already very nervous. How were you advised to deliver and how did you end up delivering? I delivered my first on my back--standard--but had an unmedicated birth, vacuum assist and episiotomy, and my second I delivered while standing up and also was completely unmedicated.

17. hony bologna

cherry / 126 posts

@matador84: I think your intuition is right! SPD is something that just gets worse as the baby gets bigger/heavier, since that extra pressure will continue to push your pelvic bones apart. My OB was the same as yours about other types of pain, but wanted to address this one right away (I actually called to ask her about it and she sent referrals for the chiro/PT the same day).

I was advised not to deliver on my back, but delivering upright or on my side was okay. I ended up delivering on my back. They also gave me some other good recommendations, like keeping your legs together/aligned at all times, so for example when you're getting into a car, back your butt in and sit down first, and then swing your legs in together. Same with turning in bed, and even walking in my case (with the help of the crutches). You should give your OB/chiro a call, sounds like it's really painful!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: I have this and had it last pregnancy too. It hurts when I walk anywhere! I finding going really slowly with little steps helps too. It is SPD, and it went away after delivery last time. I've tried physio but it doesn't really help me, might try a Chiropratic appointment next.

19. pmh2400

pea / 10 posts

@matador I feel like the bump is getting huge, and I didn't even really start gaining weight or showing til around 18-20 weeks! Then I really exploded...I can't imagine getting 10 weeks bigger. Stairs & bending over are getting tough.

Trying to decide if we want to do daycare or some kind of nanny arrangement for baby's first year. Grandparents may do some part-time "nannying" but we'd still need to supplement a few days a week or every other week. Has anyone done or researched a nannyshare? I don't even know how to go about finding a nannyshare in my area, so thought I'd start gathering info here...

20. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@pmh2400: sorry, no advice, we've never done a nanny share.

I think we've decided to stick with our current daycare for at least another year. We really like them, they aren't a chain but have a good program going. There's just nothing by our new house that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (that will also transport to DDs elementary next September when she starts K). We're going to save over $4,000 over the course of a year by staying where we are (calculating that made me face what we're going to spend on daycare in a year on two, which makes me 🤢). I'll have to reevaluate next year when we absolutely have to have the transport to the elementary school for my older one.

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Anyone else scoping out newborn photographers? I'm so pissed at myself that I didn't contact my # 1 choice earlier; she's now booking newborn sessions December and beyond :(. I contacted another but haven't heard back yet. A third I really like but to get the prints/digitals is so expensive ($150 for the sitting and then like $700 if you want all the digital. I completely get why, but I can't invest that much just on pretty pictures).

Oh, and we managed to score a pnp on clearance at target for $50! Nothing fancy, but they're not in it long.

22. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

I've been reading along but have done a horrible job at posting this entire pregnancy! Ahh!

@matador84: I hope you can find some pain relief soon!

@StrawberryBee: I never responded earlier, but I'm sorry about your GD! It sounds like you are managing it well though, so hopefully the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly despite the annoyance of the GD!

@StrawberryBee: my friend does photography on the side and we are doing photos next weekend when I'm 32 weeks. I never got any done with my son and I regret it, but I think it'll be special having him in the photos with me for this pregnancy!

My sister and some friends are throwing me a baby sprinkle next weekend and I can't believe it's already happening! The longest my ob will let me go is 41 weeks so I have 10 weeks max left of my last pregnancy ever and it's mind blowing!

23. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Boopers: I just made this as a possible GD breakfast/snack. Smells good, just letting it cool!

http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden/2013/04/super-excited-about-granola.html

Nice to have a friend on the photog business! I found three additional possible ones this morning, and reached out to one about availability. I'm not really interested in maternity photos, but definitely want to capture newborn ones again. We did lifestyle type last time, so this time I want studio.

24. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: that looks really good.

My friend will take newborn pictures again for us at our house.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: I kinda regret not doing some newborn pics last time. But I'm debating whether we do studio or lifestyle this time. Studio is the sleepy really new sessions which are super cute but I really want some pics of the girls together too which makes me think lifestyle when she's a bit older might be better. Agh so torn!

26. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: We are doing newborn pics this time around. Last time I did the more formal studio ones, but this time we are going with someone who does more lifestyle shots so we can get some more family pics. So hoping that dd cooperates!!

Anyone else having leg pain when sleeping? I'm fairly confident it's restless leg...my legs are literally burning if I keep them still from sleeping. I brought it up with my OB, but there's not really much they can do. The bigger I get, the worse it gets unfortunately. Just curious if anyone had found something that helped with it!

27. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mamag511: I don't have RLS but I do use magnesium spray to help with charley horses and cramps! It might help for that too. I don't buy it off Amazon, but this is the kind I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XIT2X50

28. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: I did contact a newborn photog already. I didn't do it with my first because I was actually a photographer for years and I thought I could do it myself. And I did, sorta, but honestly it stressed me the fuck out. Just because I *can* doesn't mean I should lol. I did studio-type ones last time but I want just a few of those with more lifestyle type this time. So I got it set up this time and I'm really happy to have the pressure off for it. Also your granola looks DELICIOUS.

@Mamag511: oy sorry about that. I've had leg issues both pregnancies, starting really early (like 6 weeks!). For me it is not RLS. I don't remember what it is called but basically my uterus compresses some nerve that goes to my outer thighs and my legs get numb if I lay on my back, and I also have a lot of burning/shooting pains in my outer thighs if I lay on my back or if I stand too long. Pregnancy is fun....

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: Sciatica? I have it down my left leg. so uncomfortable!

@matador84: I've been really good at taking my calcium/magnesium and only had the Charley horse leg thing once so far!

This baby is sooo high up it's killing me. Heartburn, rib/back pain from them expanding and my bump is really top heavy. I can't wait for her to drop a bit so I can breathe again.

30. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

We area all getting closer! This little guy is so low that I'm running out of bottoms that fit. I didn't invest in a ton of maternity bottoms anyways, and now at least half don't fit. I have dresses, but sometimes you just don't want to wear a dress or rotate the same dresses every week at work and I'd hate to invest in more bottoms since this is our last. Trying to stay positive, but there's been a lot of unwanted stress recently. I'm just trying to keep him cooking in me until September!

31. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: @Mae: Thanks! I ate the nut "granola" for every snack this weekend lol.

All you ladies who know photographers are so lucky!

@Banana330: Most of the photographers I've contacted will allow sibling/baby photos as well :). I liked lifestyle last time because it was in our home...kind of nice to document how things looked. But at the same time, I had to make sure everything was immaculate, and the house was very shaded so didn't have the best lighting.

@Mamag511: I had terrible cramps in my legs last week. Like, I'd leap out of bed and have to stand upright to get my muscle to un-clench. If it happened all the time I'd be looking into @matador84: 's suggestion of magnesium.

@babybunnylove: I have maternity shorts that are getting kind of tight, but I refuse to buy more so it's either Lu La Roe leggings or dresses, or I suffer through slightly too-tight shorts ;). I can't believe I'm less than 8 weeks away. Starting to have birth stress dreams again.

32. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

@StrawberryBee: Work is business casual so I only have so many options I can wear. Plus I found out we have a work event in 1 month that I now need to wear cocktail attire to a gala. Do you think a black maxi dress will work?

33. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: @matador84: @StrawberryBee: Thanks ladies. I'll look into the magnesium!

@babybunnylove: I feel you. I feel like this baby is so low that I need to hold up my bump by the end of the day lol. None of my pants or shorts are fitting either, so I've resorted to dresses too! I would totally wear a black maxi for your event. You can always dress it up with shoes and jewelry too!!

34. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@babybunnylove: I completely understand! I am totally running out of work clothing to wear (business casual) and not sure what I'll do if I make it 10 more weeks! I need at least a few pants but I think I might be able to make it on tops. This morning was a struggle!

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@babybunnylove: I'm sure a black maxi dress would be fine! We're business casual but even more so in the summer. My boss has told me that I get a pregnancy pass, just to wear what feels comfortable ;). I've been wearing crocs sandals because I'm scared to death I'll sprain my ankle again if I wear anything with a heel.

Then comes the fun of coordinating ultrasound days with work attire; I don't want to have to lift a dress up for an ultrasound, I'd rather scrunch down maternity pants or skirts.

36. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

I'm totally with you on the save the one pair of pants for the ultrasound days vs feeling extra open with a dress. I have a 32 week ultrasound check on Wednesday so I'm hoping the pair I have left will continue to fit. My ballet flats don't even fit anymore so I'm down to sandals. I'm feeling so exhausted that doing anything to my hair in the morning except air dry has won out, but I feel more "myself" and human if I do something nice to it (straighten or loose curls). I definitely am trying to think and be positive, but this kid/pregnancy is really wearing me down. I didn't have anything like this with my other two pregnancies/daughters.

37. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

My OB so kindly reminded me to watch my weight after I gained 6LBS in two weeks weeks.

My OB then saw the amount of swelling in my leg and foot and recanted his statement about my weight gain. It's that swollen.

38. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@YouGotMe: I had some really, really bad swelling in my legs and feet by the end of the day! It's mainly been mild/moderate up until this point.

I went back to work today (have been off for summer since beginning of June) and I am more tired than I have been the entire summer!!!

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: I can't imagine having to go back to work at this point! I'm counting down u til I go off!

@YouGotMe: I hate the swollen feet thing. Mine haven't been bad in a while, but it hasn't been to hot here. Hope you can put them up and they go down a bit!

40. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: It's not sciatica... that is a different thing. But its similar. I can't remember what the doc said its called but its a pregnancy-specific thing that is not super common (he said he sees it maybe once a year or something). It causes the outsides of my legs to be completely numb but also burning/shooting pain sometimes there depending on how I lay. It kinda sucks. The feeling never came back after my first pregnancy and its gotten worse with this one so I assume its gone for good, ugh! But at least the shooting pains don't happen when I"m not pregnant.

@StrawberryBee: I think I've been getting similar leg cramps! I had more charlie-horse type ones earlier, but those have largely gone away since my doc gave me stretches. The ones I get now are in my shin and its like the muscle contracts and locks and pulls my foot to the side and the only way to fix it is to stand up straight. It forces the muscle to unlock and then its immediately fine. So weird.

Also agree with you all on clothes, although I'm sort of having the opposite issue. I really cheaped out on maternity clothes this time because I just hate spending money when I know its my last pregnancy, but I only have 2 pairs of maternity work pants and 0 maternity dresses! I've gotten by wearing my two pairs of pants with various shirts and wearing my stretchier non-maternity dresses-- but now that i'm bigger my dresses are too short to wear so I'm stuck with just pants. But I've got 2 months to go, not buying more now!

@matador84: oy i'm so sorry you're back to work! I'm guessing you're a teacher? That would be so hard to be on your feet!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee