Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: your list looks really similar to mine. I need to start packing mine soon!

@Mae: your nursery is looking great! I've always loved that color combo.

@Mamag511: I would join a FB group if someone wants to get it started!

We survived NYC and it went so much better than I thought it was going to. I was able to balance walking and resting and I didn't get too sore or swollen, thankfully. I also went back to work this past Thursday and holy cow it's worn me out and I don't even have students yet 😂

2. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Mamag511: I would join! Not sure how one starts on though.

@Boopers: Glad NYC went well! When do students arrive?

3. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Mae: Your nursery is gorgeous!

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: I got the newborn stuff washed today! Dresser is partially assembled.

I'd definitely be up for a Facebook group! I'm still friends with a few people from August 2013

@Boopers: glad to hear NYC went well!

I caught DDs cold and feel so bleh. Got through her party okay yesterday, so now I'm just vegging. Found out from my partially estranged brother that my father (who I am completely estranged from) has diabetes. Pretty sure that sends my odds of it skyrocketing. Sigh.

5. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

I would also be up for a private FB group. Being a FTM, I feel like I will have a ton of questions and it'd be awesome to gain insights from you all!

6. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: Yes! Me too - I literally feel so much better even getting a few loads of laundry done.

@Boopers: Glad you had a nice trip! I start back to school in 2 weeks and I seriously have no idea how I'm going to do it. Hoping you are getting to sit and get off your feet while teaching!

@annem1990: I totally understand on the questions! I still have them and I did this once before

Anyone want to start the group? I'm not entirely sure how to set up a private group or I would!

7. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mamag511: I'd also be game for a fb group!

@Boopers: @annem1990: thanks!

@Boopers: @Mamag511: omg I have no idea how you guys can work on your feet so much! I'm so sore when I'm up and about anymore. We did put-putt this morning, then I spent about 3 hours working around the house cleaning and doing laundry after, and I am DONE IN. My pelvis hurts so bad. Ugh.

I can start the FB group, but I need at least one person's name to start it (you can't start a group all by yourself lol). If someone wants to message me their fb profile link I can friend you and start the group then I *think* I can post the group link here...?

8. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: link sent!

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@annem1990: @Mamag511: ha, ditto! My memories from 4 years ago are so fuzzy.

10. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

11. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: I'm going to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to do it for the last few weeks of being pregnant. Going back to work is actually something I'm thinking of bringing up to my OB this week at my appointment.

12. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mamag511: No shame in that! I sit at a desk 9 hours a day and I'm starting to doubt if I'll be able to do that until the end. My doc has already mentioned he could write me a note to work from home if I feel I need that, and I think I may get there before the end (luckily my job can be done from home-- I don't think work would love it but considering the circumstances (esp with a doc note) I think it would be okay.

13. pmh2400

pea / 10 posts

@strawberrybee thx for the hospital bag list- I was trying to think through what I will actually need without feeling like I'm moving in for a month. This helps!

@anniem1990 agree! I have a feeling I'll need some of the Mom-wisdom & support I've seen here so far! I'll join too

I hit 34 weeks Wednesday, and even though it's been a healthy pregnancy so far, normal things are getting super uncomfortable. Just sitting, standing, and laying down hurt after a little while. I sleep on my sides at night, and I get terrible hip pain after a few hours despite pregnancy pillow. I also had to stop taking the subway to work in morning rush hour last week too. I am getting too big to cram into the crowd without my belly touching 10 people. Next 6 weeks don't look fun... I'm nervous for labor, but I am looking forward to having this little guy on the outside of me!

14. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@pmh2400: I'm glad you found it helpful!

I'm wondering if a support belt might be useful. My bottom belly feels like it's bruised. Not sure if that's from getting punched from the inside out or it's just sore because of the extra weight sitting on it. I get bad hip pain when I'm on my feet too much around the house :(.

I'm so nervous for labor and to know everything's really truly okay with the munchkin.

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: love the nursery!
    @Boopers: glad the trip went well. Impressed you could walk around so much.
    @Mamag511: I can't imagine having to go back to work after having time off this late in the game.

@pmh2400: I get that hip pain from sleeping too.. Tylenol before bed does help a bit.

@Mae: I;m off now but was working from home a few days a week in july. It really helped me manage better.

Just over two weeks to go until DD2 get here. I'm so done being pregnant. I've really felt everything this time much earlier and i'm just not sleeping and can't deal with DD1 and her early wakings/whining.

I have just two more midwife appointments before my c-section! I'm hoping having her out will be better than in. I do need to get DH to install the carseat and move the crib back to the nursery.

16. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: omg I can't believe you're sooooo close!!! 2 weeks is nothing!

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: i know. It's slightly terrifying. I'm hoping DD1 will do ok with the transition and I won't be too sore from the c-section. I remember sleeping better after I had her last time so hopefully that happens again.

18. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Banana330: yay for being so close!

Everyday my DH asks me how the baby is doing because my second came at 38 weeks which is Saturday. He and my mum are so paranoid about early labor that I think the babe will be late to keep them worrying lol. DH is going kind of far away for work on Saturday so we shall see!

Other than that I have my 37 week appointment tomorrow which I expect to be uneventful. I am extremely lucky that pregnancy doesn't bother me so I am fine with him/her baking.

19. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Boopers: I just wanted to say I'm so impressed that you're staring the school year being so pregnant! I taught 1st for a few years and I remember how physically and emotionally exhausting those first weeks are. I'm no longer teaching but I have such respect for all of you educators!! I hope those kiddos are treating you well
    Are you starting the year and having a long-term sub?

20. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@cheesetomywhine: oh my gosh you might be the first to go!! It's going to feel REALLY REALLY REAL when you all start popping these babies out! (I say you all bc I feel like I may be the last in the group to go hahaha)

21. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

So excited for everyone! It's almost baby month!!

My new infant seat came in yesterday and I'll install it soon so I can see how it fits with my other two car seats. I felt horrible yesterday since I was on my feet for most of an 10 hour work day. I'm 34 weeks today and only 2 weeks away from when I had my second child...I feel like I could go at any point which is so scary!!

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

DD woke up three times last night. She's been fighting a low grade fever since sat, and got sent home from daycare yesterday but I swear she woke up just when I was finally falling asleep from tossing and turning for hours! Now she's home with me all day, it's going to be a long day. Hopefully we can both nap this aft.

23. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: hope you're feeling better!

@Banana330: ugh, the worst. hopefully today wasn't too rough.

i'm still in a lot of discomfort tonight and its frustrating. I seriously feel like someone kicked the crap out of the center of my public bone, right between my hip bones. Ugh. Walking, stairs, lifting my kid... everything hurts.

24. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Banana330: hope she is doing okay! My DD also isn't feeling well.

@Mae: sorry to hear you are still hurting! That sounds so painful.

I had my 37 week appointment. All is well with the babe though she said the head is quite low-even asked if the intern could feel because it was so obvious. She also let me know she is on call on Thursday. I doubt baby will be here that early (I stay in denial until labor starts) but I found it interesting that she apparently thinks he/she can!

25. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Banana330: Hope everyone is feeling better today!!

@Mae: I feel ya girl. Everything on me hurts too. It's bad when laying down hurts haha. Hoping you are feeling better today than the past two days!!

I have my first non stress test tomorrow. Anyone have one before? I have no idea what to expect!

26. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Mamag511: I've had some. Bring a book or your phone! They just hook you up to a monitor and may have you click a button if you feel any contractions. Good luck!

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: @cheesetomywhine: @Mamag511: thanks. Yesterday was a terrible day. DD was a total nightmare all day. She still had a low fever this morning so I sent her to grandmas for the day. She came home feeling much better and in a way better mood. Fingers crossed she can go back to daycare tomorrow!

@Mae: I'm with you on that pain. If I do too much it kills me and I'm achy even laying down.

@cheesetomywhine: that's great. I had my 37 week today. Midwife doesn't do checks yet (nor does it matter for me) but everything looked good.

28. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Banana330: I hope she is feeling better and can do daycare! Amazing what a day with grandma can do for an attitude. Mine doesn't do internal checks either...she felt the head on through my skin/ top of my pelvis while checking position

29. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Wow, we are getting so close to having our first September babies! Exciting! I'll have to be a little more patient, as I'm not due til the end of the month. I'm more than ready I feel like.

Not much going on, just the usual aches and pains and shortness of breath. I feel so done with work, but have a month left at least. My sleep is shit. At least the weather has cooled a bit. Baby's movements are uncomfortable now, I think at my last ultrasound he was 4.5 pounds.

Is it sad that at times I feel depressed because if I want another child, I'll have to go through pregnancy again? It makes me feel ungrateful, but I'm just so ready to have my body back and my baby in my arms. I'm trying to stay positive. I cannot wait to meet him!

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@cheesetomywhine: Thanks! She's back at daycare today. Although she had her first night terrror last night and spent an hour this morning crying and screaming. I think she's super sleep deprived and I know I am and neither of us are very nice to each other. ugh... I feel like the worst parent ever on so little sleep. I think i'm averaging 3 hrs a night these days.

31. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: Not sad, I think that's very understandable. I remember my first pregnancy being pretty easy, but this one...I'd never want to go through this one again, and I don't even have things that badly. If I were to get a C-section (not planning on it), the one positive would be just telling them to tie up my tubes while they were in there. I'm D.O.N.E. Baby factory is closed!

@Banana330: DD used to get night terrors :(. It's so upsetting and disruptive. Sleep deprivation is no joke. I hope you're able to get in a nap today, and that things improve sleep-wise once baby is here.

32. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Bibliolove: ya it's funny I've never enjoyed pregnancy, I'm not one of those people who has good ones but I swear this is the roughest I've felt ever. I declined the tube tying at my c-section but the way I feel this week I almost wish I hadn't. SO DONE!

33. Mrs. Cotton Candy

blogger / cherry / 142 posts

Hope y'all don't mind me chiming in! I'm 34 weeks 1 day, and feeling physically mostly okay, aside from occasional BH contractions. (They were worse last week, so I'm counting it as a win.)

We are in the middle of a move, and we close on both houses in a little under 4 weeks. So we have a whole house to pack, plus the roof is getting replaced on our new house, so fingers crossed it's ready for us to move in when we need it to be!

I'm hoping to find Little CC a preschool within the next few weeks, and otherwise feel like I've gotten most of our ducks in a row. Obviously, our house is going to be a mess of half-unpacked boxes, but I'm so happy that we'll (hopefully) be moved in when baby arrives!

34. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. Cotton Candy: Hi!! Ugh, moving is so stressful even in the best of times. I'm sure everything will work out and a lot of nesting will go on postpartum .

35. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: don't feel badly! I was just texting with one of my friends who is 20w today about how much we hate pregnancy lol. Like we love our babies but we do not enjoy this. It sucks and you can be grateful while realizing... this sucks.

@Banana330: omg 3 hrs/night that sounds miserable! I am definitely struggling to sleep but I'm still doing better than that. And yea... I feel badly when I get snippy with my kid and definitely my bad mood can lead to her bad mood, or we feed off each other. It's so hard. Especially when you feel crappy. And like, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BUT PLEASE STOP BEING ANNOYING. lol.

@Mrs. Cotton Candy: omg I can't imagine. Good luck with all that!

36. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Anyone else down to like, 5 outfits that still fit?? I refuse to buy more clothes!

Also, it's weird being more of a public spectacle. Some strangers are kind and joke with me about pregnancy, or have innocent questions. A young woman on the street told me I looked precious. I certainly didn't feel all that precious, but thanks I think? Lol. Still, a giant truck almost ran me over in the parking lot. So humanity is still balanced out by assholes.

37. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Bibliolove: I'm fine with pants but tops are a whole different story. In fact, at work I've been wearing all the different fun, back to school shirts we have available so I don't have to buy any.

38. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: yuuuup. I only bought 2 pairs of work maternity pants, but I could still wear all my stretchy work dresses for a long time. Except now they're all too short bc my bump is too big. So now I have 2 pairs of pants. And like, some shirts. But half of them aren't long enough now. I still have 6 weeks to go! Argh!

39. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Bibliolove: I have completely gotten too big for my maternity clothing that has lasted me two pregnancies! I wore my jeans to work today and big mistake! They dug into my belly all day and it was awful. I have a 40% off at gap so I bought some pants to help me get thru the next few weeks in desperation. I figure I can always return if I have baby before I wear it.

40. Mrs. Cotton Candy

blogger / cherry / 142 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Mae: Thank you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee