Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@babybunnylove: we've been slightly more active on our Facebook group, but not as much as my August 2013 moms were.

In real life, I haven't isolated myself at all 😅. If anything I'm more active socially now than ever, since I'm on maternity leave and have the time to focus on things other than work. At the very least I get out of the house daily with her to drop DD1 off at daycare. I've been to the movies (not with her though), my office, a restaurant (for my birthday), a few kid birthday parties, etc. I keep her covered in her car seat to try and keep people from wanting to touch her.

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

For whatever reason my subscribe doesn’t seem to work and I never get notifications of new posts anymore.

I do find I’m super busy these days, when I was pregnant and at work I had more time on my computer but between two kids and all the appointments and classes and coffee dates I’m just not online as much. Facebook is a bit easier to keep track of.

H is doing well. She’s 10 weeks now and just went through a super sleepy period. We’re testing her out in her crib in her room the last few days. It’s been a bit hit and miss but hopefully she’ll get use to it soon. She’s the longest baby (over 24” now) and burning through sizes like crazy.

3. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@babybunnylove: how are you doing? are you feeling isolated? i can't remember, is this your first? Come join us on fb! https://www.facebook.com/groups/346583869129962/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel (let me know if that link doesn't work).

I am definitely not isolated... I am exhausted. Second kid problems lol. Our 3.5 year old is a holy terror if we don't get out and about every day at least once, so we've been super busy on weekends. Now that the weather is getting colder it's getting harder to figure out how to keep busy all weekend and the planning and the doing has me so tired. Especially because everything is just harder with a newborn. We're at the point with our older kid that all she needs is her water and a snack (maybe). Now with Zoe here I'm back to carrying diapers, wipes, wet bag (we cloth diaper), a few extra outfits, binky, burp cloth, plus bottles (since we supplement), and a carrier because i wear her whenever we're out. I've also nursed EVERYWHERE. I feel like my boobs are on a tour of central ohio lol. Thank God for preschool though. Weekdays are a little less crazy since we kept our 3 year old in preschool for everyone's sanity. Except I've had a ton of doctor's appointments and other random stuff (plus preschool pick-up) to do so we're out and about most days. This mom'ing of 2 kids is no joke.

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: sometimes I find that the subscribe button unchecks itself. Good luck with the crib (and reclaiming your bedroom?)

@Mae: I know, we got so used to how easy it is to leave the house with an older, potty trained kid. Amen to loving preschool!

I can't believe thanksgiving is in two weeks. And soon after that (dec 11) I go back to work 😭. Continue to have all the fun medical bills trickling in. I still need to do my follow up diabetes test (ugh).

Trying desperately to get this kid to go to sleep so that I can.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee