Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 Moms!

1. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@MrsBucky: Yes! My appointment is not until the 20th, which feels like forever. I don’t think I will feel like the pregnancy will feel real, or I will be able to stop worrying 24/7 until I hear a heartbeat. Hoping the next two weeks go quickly for you!

2. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: I have another appointment on Friday and, if all goes well, we will be released from the fertility doctor. I'm pretty nervous though because the baby measured a few days behind but the heartbeat was good (126) so I am trying to hold onto hope that the baby is healthy and growing.

3. flowercrown

pea / 21 posts

EDD: 10/3 (I may be a little off on O date, so LO could end up being a late Sept.baby)

First child? DD is 2.5

Any symptoms? Just feeling more tired than usual and maybe a little more moody lol

Who have you told? DH and my mom

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I’m excited but also starting to panic a little at the thought of having two kiddos and hoping DD will adjust well.

4. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@flowercrown: Welcome!

5. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/12--JLC53
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711
    9/26-- bluemasonjar
    10/1--greencraftycello
    10/3--flowercrown

6. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@flowercrown: Welcome and congrats!

7. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@flowercrown: Welcome! Glad I’m not the only one any more with a very early October date.

8. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@greencraftycello: Thanks, lady! I hope the time flies for you too! @crazydoglady: Fingers crossed all goes well on Friday and that the week flies by towards good news for you! @flowercrown: Welcome aboard

9. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@MrsBucky: My appointment is on 2/15 and it feels forever away!!! I also had a momentary thought about twins this morning and it terrified me. No reason to think it would happen but we already have our hands pretty full with DS1 and I'm anxious about adding a second LO as it is.

10. JLC53

cherry / 175 posts

@MrsBucky: OMG yes! My ultrasound isn't until 2/7...

I will actually know the babies sex before I hear the heart beat. I work for a large RE and we have a genetics lab that is running my blood for fetal DNA. I'll know the babies sex tomorrow. I can also have them do my ultrasound, but decided I wanted to keep this pregnancy much more private as my boss is sort of a you know what... I just told the geneticists that is going to secretly run my blood for me.

11. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@JLC53: that’s crazy! We were team green last time so I assume we will wait this time around as well. I can’t imagine knowing the sex already!

12. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

Aww, I love how our group is rounding out! I'll likely be changing my due date next week- my last 2 ultrasounds have baby measuring 2 days ahead (ovulation wasn't wrong- might have been an early implanter), but my official dating ultrasound is next Wednesday.

@JLC53: That's so crazy and exciting that you'll know already! Can't wait to hear!
    @crazydoglady: I just had my RE graduation on Monday. FX you get the all clear on Friday!

So I thought DH and I were both for sure Team Green again this time, but at Monday's ultrasound, he let it slip that he wants to find out this time around so that we can "plan". I'm not sure I want to find out- we have an extra bedroom for new baby, all of our stuff from DD's first 3 months is gender neutral, so I don't think we need to do a lot of planning... Not sure how we're going to decide what to do!

13. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@ruby26: we are the opposite, sort of! I was on the fence/ considering wanting to find out, and DH was like nope, of course we wouldn’t find out again. So that swayed me. We will see if I get too curious as we get closer to when it would be an option for us!

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@JLC53: How cool that you will get to know so early.

I haven't even made my first appointment! I should get on that but my family doctor is easy to get into. I won't be transferred to the OB until about 20 weeks. First ultrasound will be at 12 weeks.

@ruby26: We were team green last time and I assume we will again but I think I should check with DH.

We haven't told anyone. I can't wait for a few weeks when we tell DS. He has been asking for a sister or brother for a while. The other day he even said we could go to the hospital and take a baby home!

15. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Can I hang out here until I have somebody to join me on the October board?

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Of course! Congrats!

17. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@ruby26: We were Team Green last time but I kind of want to know this time, mostly because then we don't go into the hospital with five names again. Also because there is a girls name I have my heart set on and if I don't get to use it I will be sad and if I get to use it, I have to convince my husband it's not "too out there" which could take months. But last time, I swear I could have named our kid Potato in the delivery room and he would have gone with it after I pushed for 3.5 hours, so I'm thinking maybe waiting to find out is my best bet.

18. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

EDD: 10/12

First child? Second!

Any symptoms? Nausea, headaches, waking up at 5am.

Who have you told? My spouse, my sister, my therapist, my OB, my PT.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I'm so excited! I was so anxious with my first so I'm very confused to be excited but I'm just...endlessly jazzed!

19. JLC53

cherry / 175 posts

Its a BOY!!! My son will have a brother, which I am thrilled about! My husband is ecstatic!

I have to be honest though because I fell I can be honest here, I am a bit disappointed. I know, I know people are struggling with infertility and here I am pregnant for the second time and complaining. I am grateful, don't get me wrong, I just really wanted bows, dresses, and unicorns!!! I did make myself feel better by looking at cute nursery themes! My son had a nautical theme and I think we will do an animal safari theme this time.

Enough feeling sorry for myself, because that isn't right! Now time to get excited!!!

20. BecBeeAtx

pea / 6 posts

@jlc53: It's awesome to already know the gender. Congrats & what a nice job perk! I already know I will be disappointed if we aren't having a girl. I think it's OK to spend a few moments grieving the loss of certain experiences.

21. cyntist

coffee bean / 42 posts

EDD: 9/26/18

First child? No, my son just turned 2.

Any symptoms? Soreness and insomnia so far. I’m only 6+1, so I’m betting it will get worse soon!

Who have you told? My husband and son (not that the latter understood!), my parents and MiL, and our daycare.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I’m worrying about how my son will adjust to being a big brother - he’s a total mommy’s boy! Otherwise, I’m hoping this pregnancy goes as smoothly as my first one!

22. JLC53

cherry / 175 posts

@BecBeeAtx: It is awesome!!! And I am thankful and hoping for a happy healthy baby.

Fingers crossed for bows, dresses, and unicorns for you!

23. JLC53

cherry / 175 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: So happy for you!!! I was on the January POAS thread and was pulling for you at the end of the month!

24. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

September Mamas
    9/3-- muffinsmuffins
    9/6-- emmaNZ
    9/8-- crazydoglady
    9/12--JLC53
    9/18-- ruby26
    9/19-- MrsBucky
    9/21--coopsmama
    9/23-- BecBeeAtx
    9/24--ALV91711
    9/26-- bluemasonjar, cyntist
    10/1--greencraftycello
    10/3--flowercrown
    10/12-- Ms.Mermaid

25. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@JLC53: it’s okay to be a bit bummed. Give your feelings some space. And you can still have plenty of unicorn stuff, kids like magic.

26. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I’m having a lot of cramping and some pain on my right side. I remember being worried about this last time. This is normal, right?

27. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

Ugh. My all day nausea violently switched yesterday to actual barfing and I’m struggling so much. I barely ate anything yesterday. All I can think about is how I have no idea how I’ll survive another 6-8 weeks of this. my first barf was in my kitchen sink (so gross) and my son was so concerned “Mama what happened? Are you ok? Am I gonna throw up too?” I also notice that the worse I feel the more he tests me, which just sucks. Thanks for letting me whine ladies.

28. Littlebear

coffee bean / 27 posts

Hi all- I'm returning to active HB after lurking since my last pregnancy ~3 years ago. I'm currently pregnant and due in October. Can I join in here until that board gets started?

29. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@MrsBucky: Ugh, so sorry. No nausea for me yet, but I’m dreading it.

30. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

I'm SO relieved because baby caught up with a hb of 180! My dates are back on track!

31. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@cyntist: Welcome! We are due date twins

@JLC53: I think it is totally understandable to take a little time to adjust expectations and admit a little disappointment. We were team green with LO1 and are planning to do the same with this pregnancy. I was convinced we were having a boy and I was right. This time around DH and I are both hoping for a girl and I feel like it might be but I'm trying not to get my mind too set either way.

I've started looking at nursery stuff too! DS had a whale/nautical theme and I'm thinking elephants this time.

@crazydoglady: Great news!

32. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@MrsBucky: are you open to drugs? I’m waiting until actually puking to resort to them but you don’t have to be miserable, there are options.

33. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Littlebear: one of us should just start the board. There are 4 October ladies in here.

Not it!

34. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: my bestie said the same. I’m not against it per se, but want to at least talk to my midwife about it first. But my appointment isn’t until 2/12 so that feels forever away.

35. flowercrown

pea / 21 posts

@Littlebear: congrats and welcome! I’m expecting baby #2 in October as well. Yay for fall babies 🙂

36. Littlebear

coffee bean / 27 posts

@ms.mermaid glad to see there are so many October mommas! I am happy to start the board, but I don't know how. Is it as simple as posting? I'll try in a bit to see.

@flowercrown thanks! Happy to be joining you all. I have a summer baby and a winter baby and I'm excited that baby#3 will be a fall baby. My birthday and my husband's birthday are both in the spring so we've got the whole year covered!

@mrsbucky sorry to hear your nausea has turned into vomiting. That sucks. And is definitely harder when you have a little one keeping you busy! I found that ginger and lemon were both super helpful with my last pregnancy. I drank ginger and lemon tea round the clock, chewed ginger chews and also found I was less likely to throw up if I had a little something in my stomach. For me, constantly snacking on pots chips helped (I liked the salt!). I even tried wearing seabands which maaaaybe made a slight difference -- I took anything that could help, even just a little! Good luck! I hope you find somethings that help ease the nausea and decrease the barfing!

37. Littlebear

coffee bean / 27 posts

Ok, so it turns out starting the board was surprisingly easy! the October 2018 moms board is up and running!

38. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

I'm not sure what happened but I posted a long response a couple days ago and HB ate it.

@JLC53: Congrats on your boy! I thinks totally normal to be dissapointed. It's not like you aren't happy for this baby but for not having a girl. Makes perfect sense. I also already have a boy and am hoping for a girl because this will be our last LO and I have always pictured myself as a mom to a girl, but being a boy mama is so special, too. Nice thing, is you get to be queen of the castle!
    @cyntist: Congrats! Lots of second time mamas!

39. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MrsBucky: I'm so sorry! Did you have morning sickness with your son? I am taking a full tab of unisom and b6 at 7pm so it's worn off by the morning. It's made a big difference.
    @Bluemasonjar: I know! I was so so nervous after measuring 5 days behind.

40. muffinsmuffins

persimmon / 1023 posts

@crazydoglady: glad to see your ultrasound went well! So great to see these little gummy bears!
    And our first boy @JLC53! That’s awesome you get to know so soon! We did team green for our first but we will find out this time. I’m feeling it’s a girl as DW’s symptoms are different...but who knows!

AFM, our entire house is sick with some kind of cold/flu. It’s a special hell to have both parents sick at the same time trying to care for a toddler who isn’t sick (now he is) and being pregnant with morning sickness. Hope everyone else is well...bring on spring please!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee