Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

OMG, guys! We had a breakthrough!!!! Xander kept saying "Cookie" and "Downstairs" while throwing a fit both last night and tonight and I kept saying "No, we're not going downstairs. No, you can't have a cookie. Now what book do you want to read?" He wanted If You Give a Mouse a Cookie which was downstairs!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! Once I went down and found it and brought it back up, he was happy as a clam!! We read it twice and then he threw it in his crib and happily went to bed!!!!!

2. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Someone woke up almost an hour early this morning! Going to be a long tiring day.

@travellingbee: When is your due date?

@Smurfette: We have blackout blinds in his room but light still gets in. Plus he is usually outside after dinner and thinks he should just get to stay and play.

@Adira: All that over a book! Yikes! Glad you figured it out.

3. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh yikes! Sorry for the early wake-up! Xander woke up early this morning too. I could hear him talking to himself when I was leaving for work and usually he's still asleep at that time. These summer days are messing with our kids.

4. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@ALV91711: L did too. I'm one tired momma. Due date is Jan. 5th.

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: @Adira: R didn't go to sleep till 9 (seriously this is getting old) and was up at 6

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: That is not enough sleep. Hopefully R starts going to sleep earlier soon.

@travellingbee: A new year's baby! That is exciting. Hopefully you don't have too busy of a day today and can put your feet up.

Not going to lie, we've watched a lot of cartoons this morning since someone is just too grumpy.

7. Adira

@Smurfette: Gahhh, that sucks!! Sleep, R, sleep!!

@ALV91711: We tend to watch a lot of cartoons in the mornings on the weekends because I am just so tired!

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Congrats again! So happy for you!!

@Smurfette: Pete is on this same schedule. He falls asleep around 8:45pm and wakes up when I do at 5:45am, no matter how quiet I am. He's such an overtired grump during the day. I don't know how to get out of this cycle!

@Adira: Haha what a simple fix! Glad the right book was all he needed. Toddlers are so particular!

9. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@ALV91711: @QueensBee: thanks!

L has started waking up again at night and just quietly coming into our room. It's better than having to go get him but really? How'd we get such a cruddy sleeper?

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

What a miserable day with a sick toddler. I think it is another ear infection, going to have to take him to a walk in clinic tomorrow. I'm just hoping he sleeps a bit better tonight.

11. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

Sorry everyone is dealing with bad sleep. I was just happily surprised to wake up before LO. I was thinking DH is so awesome for keeping her quiet and then I saw it was only 5:55. She'll be up any minute.

I'm sad to say my LO has fallen in with a bad crowd at daycare. There are two other potty trainers at daycare that have been at it 5+ months in pull ups. Apparently LO has joined their "I to refuse to pee in the potty" party. She came home in diapers twice last week. So we're spending our weekend on one (probably futile) last ditch 3 day effort before we totally pack it in until LO2 arrives. At 36.5 weeks i was bound to spend the weekened tied to a toilet anyway. Yesterday morning LO even peed on a pack of newborn diapers she found. If that isn't a sign that I'm doing this parenting thing wrong I don't know what is.

12. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: Hopefully potty bootcamp is going well this weekend. I'm sure soon enough she'll come around to using the potty full time.

Last night we had a good night sleep and Isaac woke up feeling mostly better. Thank goodness, I wasn't looking forward to sitting at the walk in clinic all morning.

Now we are stuck inside for the afternoon. He refuses to put on sunscreen and even saying you can't go outside without it hasn't made him change his mind.

13. Adira

@Corduroy: Sorry to hear about the potty training troubles. She may also regress once the baby gets here.

@ALV91711: Glad he's feeling better! Annoying about the sunscreen. Xander's like that with his helmet. He really wants to ride his trike outside, but I keep telling him he can't unless he wears his helmet, so he just doesn't.

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Why are they so stubborn!? Drives me nuts.

15. Adira

@ALV91711: I know, right?! Friggin' toddlers.

16. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Adira: I'm fully expecting potty regression when LO2 arrives. Of course I probably don't fully understand what it means. So many people IRL told me to try training pre-baby (why? I don't know) If we go back to diapers full time I'll be fine knowing I tried.

@ALV91711: I cannot handle the stubbornness. I have to give DH props for outsmarting LO quite a bit lately. I think he might be a genius (or secretly a toddler).

17. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: Probably secretly a toddler!! lol.

Solo parenting starting tomorrow morning until Tuesday morning. I'm tired just thinking about it. It will be busy but I know we'll be fine.

18. Smurfette

@ALV91711: over the weekend is exhausting but you will survive! Just have wine for after he goes to sleep!

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Already made DH go to the liquor store for me tonight!

20. Adira

@ALV91711: Eeek, good luck with solo parenting!

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: Oh, good luck! Soloing on the weekends is hard! I find weekdays with routines etc. in place a lot easier to solo parent.

I'll probably have to do bedtime by myself today. DH wants to be back in time but I'm fairly certain it won't happen.

B is still having a hard time adjusting to the new daycare. For those of you that have had daycare changes how long did it take your LOs to fully adjust? He's still crying at drop off Also his sleep is crabby. He cries out multiple times per night. Not sure if it has anything to do with his speech making giant progress currently but man getting up at night every 1-2 hours because one of the "babies" cries and B being up for the day sometimes as early as 5am (usually 5:45am which is still way too early and he is still majorly tired) is getting harder with each day.

22. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Corduroy: Too bad about the regression! But I think you're still light years ahead of the rest of us with potty training so I hope you can feel good you made it this far! I hope she'll fall back in with the potty crowd soon!

@ALV91711: So stubborn! Glad you have wine for the solo parenting gig. It's so tough!! Good luck!

@Pumuckl: Pete adjusted to his new daycare after a week or so, but that was back at 18 months. I imagine that it might be harder at this age. I hope he settles in soon!

We had such a bad day yesterday. Pete woke up at 5am covered in pee. He started crying as I took his pajamas and diaper off and then didn't stop. He cried and threw fits the whole morning. I had to get on the train at 7am but he was still crying when I left. My in-laws took him to school where he finally settled down around 7:45am. His eyelids were swollen and red, and he was on the brink of tears for the whole day. We have no idea why. Then, he woke up today at 6:15am happy as a clam! Thank goodness! Toddlers are so crazy...

23. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: We switched at 15 months and it took a good two weeks before we had no tears at drop off. Could he be teething? Maybe try some Motrin tonight, teething or not, and see if that helps him get some sleep.
    @QueensBee: just blame teething. I always do. No clue what my excuse will be in a couple months when she is finally done with teething. The top 2 yr molars are taking their damn time.

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

The first night went smooth and there were no tantrums getting ready for bed. I even cooked dinner for the next two days after he went to bed and got my lunches ready. I'm never this organized!

@Pumuckl: I'm already planning on napping both days and making sure we get out of the house. I can't even imagine how tired you must be with how little sleep you are getting. Are you back at work?

@QueensBee: That sounds like a rough day, glad he was his happy self today.

@Smurfette: We don't have any second molars in yet, but they are on the way. His top gums are swollen, he is always chewing on his hand and drooling. The other day he happily used a cold teething ring he saw in the fridge.

25. Adira

@ALV91711: Glad night 1 went smoothly!! Hopefully the other days/nights are as good.

26. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: @Smurfette: ha, I can't blame teething anymore, he's had his 2 year molars for nearly 6 months now.

@ALV91711: I'm sort of back to work. I work from home (WAH) but only for 16 hours a week. So lots of time for naps thankfully.

@QueensBee: glad you had a good night. I know we'll get one too eventually.

27. Adira

So we learned today that Xander is absolutely fearless around water. We were at a pool and he kept jumping in from the ledge without a care in the world. And he kept telling me to go away so he could swim on his own!

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is awesome! Has he done any swimming lessons at all? We are horrible parents and haven't taken Isaac swimming yet in his life.

@Pumuckl: That isn't too many hours and not having to go anywhere is nice.

We had such a fun day today. Then tonight right when I'm putting Isaac to bed he gets sick. I had to change both of us, his bedding and clean the floor. So gross, nevermind having to clean it all myself since DH doesn't get back until tomorrow. Isaac seemed pretty happy after and didn't take very long to get to sleep. Lets hope it was a one time deal and he sleeps good tonight.

29. Adira

@ALV91711: It was awesome but also hard. The pool was too deep for him to be on his own, but he kept struggling to get away from me. We're planning on taking swimming lessons this summer.

Yikes! Bummer he was sick and made a huge mess! Hopefully everyone is feeling fine today.

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: He seems to be feeling fine but I'm exhausted. He kept crying out last night and then woke up early. I'm looking forward to nap time today!

He'll do good in swim lessons. As tiring as it was it is good that he isn't afraid to be in the water.

31. Smurfette

@Adira: do you have a puddle jumper for him? R "swims" by herself really good in them. We went to a friends pool last weekend and she only stayed in the part she could stand in. She seems to need to get used to the pool again. Last summer she loved it. We start swim lessons again next Sat so that will help.
    @ALV91711: Glad he is feeling better! R was crying out in her sleep too. I am so tired. I have plans with friends so I am bummed I can't take a nap during nap time. Although yesterday she wouldn't nap.

32. Adira

@ALV91711: Yeah, I'm excited for swimming lessons!

@Smurfette: I actually just bought one today! Last year, we just played in our little kiddie pool in the back yard, so we didn't need any floaty devices, but this year I want to go to our local lake and to pools, so it made sense to get something. Jealous you guys are starting swim lessons so soon!

33. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

And we have a biter. Today Isaac bit one of the girls in his room. We talked to him about no biting tonight and by the look on his face we could tell he knows what he did was bad.

I hope this is just a one time thing but I have a feeling that it won't be.

34. Smurfette

Day care has ramped up putting them on the potty almost every hour, finally! I mean they aren't going to get it putting them on it once a day. She has gone at day care cause they started a treasure box. Girlfriend wants a prize. I think we are going to try it a little more at home this weekend. Going to put her in training undies tomorrow morning till we have to leave for swim lessons. I am not looking forward to the mess at all!

35. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Oh no! How stressful! How did he do today?

@Smurfette: Pete peed on the potty for the first time ever at school today! I almost fell over when his teacher told me. I hope you have some success this weekend! She's gotta earn that prize!

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I hope she gets that prize! Good luck tomorrow.

@QueensBee: He was good the rest of the week with no more biting. I hope it was just a one time thing.

Last night was cute. Isaac always sits on the potty before his bath and instead of sitting he stood in front of it, grabbed his penis and tried to pee.

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We sure had some nice weather. We did a lot of playing in the yard.

Isaac has finally figured out walking down stairs without holding a hand, just using the railing. He will only do it on the outside stairs though so far. Next will be jumping, he is trying so hard but just can't get both feet off the ground.

38. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: how did the potty training weekend go?

@ALV91711: bahaha, that is cute!

B has been going on the potty or on the toilet with a training seat a lot. He goes in the morning, before and after nap and before bed. He goes about 90% of the times then. He doesn't tell us he has to go though so we're still waiting for that to happen before we try to go diaperless.

On another note he gave me a light concussion yesterday morning. We were all in our bed and I held J and B came flying in to cuddle with me and hit my jaw full force. It was basically an undercut. I was all shaky and puking yesterday. Today is better but man how crazy is it to get knocked out by a 2year old?

39. Adira

@ALV91711: Just saw your post about Isaac biting! Sorry!!! I hope it was only a one time thing?

@Smurfette: Glad to hear daycare has been upping their game with potty training! Hope it's going well for you.

@ALV91711: Is Isaac tall enough to grab a regular railing for stairs? Xander's a shorty I think and can't reach, so he still holds our hand going down the stairs.

@Pumuckl: OMG!!!! I can't believe he hit you that hard!! How was HE feeling??? Crazy!

I think Xander might be the only one NOT potty training??? I just don't think he's ready. He's not overly interested. He'll tell us if he has a poopy diaper, but a wet one doesn't seem to bother him at all!

40. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: @Adira: It is going pretty well! We went to Target Friday night and she picked out Bubble Guppies and Princess panties. She pooped Sat before we got her in the big girl panties. But she had 4 successes on Sat. Accident as she was running to the bathroom. Sunday, wasn't great. Only one success, but stayed dry when we went out. I put the pull up over her panties, so she would feel if she had an accident but it wouldn't make a mess. Then she peed all over the floor in the bathroom cause she didn't get there in time. Yesterday I sent her in pull up, she went 3 times, her pull was wet 2 times and then she pooped in another one. We got home and went for a run and her pull up was wet, but she went to the potty 2 more times. She was very excited to put her big girl panties on when we got home. I think she is starting to get it. We will see how today goes. The teachers are taking often so that is helping. Also she really wants her sticker and cookie for when she goes. I don't know why she wants a butter cookie over M&Ms but whatever works. Hopefully within the next couple weeks we can try sending her to school in big girl panties.

But y'all I have to say, seeing her in those big girl panties running around the house, might be the cutest thing ever!

@Adira: The two boys in her class have no interest either. They are mid Jan bdays. Boys are later with it. I wouldn't worry about it. She just started having an interest so we are going with it. The other girls, 2, in her class aren't that interested either.
    @Pumuckl: ouch! Hope you are feeling better.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee