Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@QueensBee: Ugh, sorry to hear about your craptastic sleep issues. At least mine are just Xander waking up an hour early.

I'm thinking what I REALLY need to do in terms of having a good conversation with Hubs is just get busy with him first and then bring it up. After sex conversations are always the most productive for me, haha.

2. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: DH and I had that conversation last week! I basically cried like a maniac and told him that I couldn't do everything myself anymore!!! He was pretty responsive and totally got SO MUCH done this weekend while I was away on a business trip! Maybe sit down after Z goes to bed (maybe with a warm hot chocolate or cup of tea) and have a conversation about it!

3. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@QueensBee: sorry your back in the club. It has to end soon, right?!?!

@Adira: I can still get off the floor . . . But it isn't pretty and is accompanied by lots of grunts and groans. I'm not due until mid-January, though, so I still have a lot of growing to do, even though I feel like there's no more room to grow!

4. Adira

@cheert16: It helps to know I'm not the only one who has had to have this conversation. Thanks.

@Mrs. Blue: haha, I'm very grunty too! I can technically get up on my own, but I have to roll and practically get on all fours to get up!

5. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Sounds like you have a plan in place! Sigh, I've been upset with my DH since dinner last night but for a totally different reason. Maybe we need a separate thread for venting about husbands this week!

@cheert16: Awe, glad that your DH stepped it up this weekend while you were away. Must have been an awesome surprise!

6. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: fingers crossed you guys get on the same page!! If not- you can just bitch to me about him!! @QueensBee: YESSSSS!!!

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Apparently DH and Isaac had a fun day at home. They made up dances, Isaac napped well and DH made dinner. My turn to stay home tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a middle of the week day at home and an afternoon nap. I think last night I may have gotten 4.5 hours sleep total, so I'm off for an early bedtime now.

@Adira: You definitely need to talk to your DH, he needs to realize that he needs to adjust his schedule and at least it is only an hour early. That is awesome that you got to hang out with some HB ladies, hope you had fun.

@Smurfette: I can't imagine waking up 4 times after taking a sleeping pill. Hope tonight is better for you. A date night sounds perfect.

8. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

Well last night she woke up once for my sister and then once when we got home. So two times by 930, totally not normal. DH and I have her motrin and then she slept all night. I am getting ready to leave for work and she is still asleep. Glad she is getting some rest!

9. Adira

@Smurfette: Glad to hear R actually slept decent last night!!

Xander woke up at 5:30 this morning. I went in there and told him it was still nighttime and that he needed to go back to sleep, but it didn't really work. He whined/moaned for another 30 minutes while I got ready for work and finally I had to get him up an take him to daycare. But at least he wasn't full on crying like he has the last two mornings.

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Glad she got some better sleep after the motrin. Did you have a good date night?

@Adira: That is not fun that he keeps waking up earlier.

We had an ok night. He woke up twice. The second time I didn't think he'd go back to sleep (4am) but I took him to the spare room and we laid down together and he woke up around 6am. That was nice.

11. Smurfette

@ALV91711: We had a great time! So weird being out during the week. We just went to dinner and tried to get DH a new iphone, but the store were sold out in the one he wanted.

12. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Glad you were able to get ready for work without him screaming.

@ALV91711: As much as I hate it when LO wakes up so early, I do love those morning snuggles if they actually fall asleep! Hope you are enjoying your day at home with him.

@Smurfette: It would feel wild to be out on a Tuesday night date! Happy R got some sleep! Is DH home for this whole week?

Last night was better for us, He cried a bit before falling asleep and woke up at 5:15am. Then he cuddled in bed for about 45 more minutes. I can't complain.

13. Smurfette

@QueensBee: Yes! It is so nice. I am going away with girlfriends for the weekend (Friday morn-Sun I will be home around lunch) so it is really nice to actually see him this week. We are going to grab breakfast together on Friday after taking R to school and before I leave. Since I get back and ILs are stopping by on their way through town. He leaves Monday again. So hard the little time we get together.

14. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

So- I totally forgot my wedding Anniversary is tomorrow!! I haven't even bought a card yet! Silly me.

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

I am so tired. This toddler did not nap today! Luckily he was happy and fine but I was a zombie. Luckily DH came home early so I took a half hour nap and then went out for about an hour to recharge.

@cheert16: Happy Anniversary!

@Smurfette: A girls weekend sounds like fun. And good daddy daughter bonding time.

@QueensBee: Morning cuddles are the best.

16. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@cheert16: Happy anniversary!

@Smurfette: Sounds like a lovely weekend ahead for you.

@QueensBee: Hope this night was as good as last night!

Our's was craptastic again. He started crying a little before 11pm so we just got ready for bed and took him with us and he just could not fall asleep so it was 12:30am until he finally settled down and slept. I don't even remember the last night he slept through the night in his own bed. I want our bed back!

17. Adira

@cheert16: haha, Hubs and I both forgot our anniversary this year!

@ALV91711: Hope you got a good night's sleep last night!

@Pumuckl: Sorry to hear you had a rough night last night too.

Xander woke up at 11:30 last night and took forever to fall back asleep. Hubs went up there to shush him and that seemed to work, but at 1:00 a.m., he was full on crying again. So I went in and gave him some Tylenol and that seemed to work. He slept fitfully the rest of the night. But I couldn't fall back asleep until closer to 2:00 and then I had a horrible dream about Xander and woke up in a panic at 2:45. I'm a zombie today.

18. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: I had a nightmare about bradley 2 nights ago- it was terrible and I was up for the rest of the night! They are the worst

19. Adira

@cheert16: Agreed - I think I can handle anything except things happening to my baby!

20. Smurfette

Yeah last DH was helping R brush her teeth and I was going to take her to go read stories, full on crying, and she pushed me away when I tried to take her from his arms. She went to bed no issues for him. Then her 2nd wake up of the night, he was holding her and I gave her Motrin (she pointed to her mouth when he asked her if something hurt). Then I took her to rock her. Crying with tears saying Dada, so after 5 mins DH comes back. She snuggles to him, and is silent and asleep within 5 mins.

She doesn't like me

21. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh no!!! I'm sorry!!! Parental preferences are hard. Xander has definitely gone through a Dada phase too. But she definitely still loves you!!! Maybe it's because she knows your DH isn't around all the time so she wants to maximize her time with him when he's there?

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: She loves you! B does this all the time too. But on days when he's more with dad and I come home late he gets all excited seeing me and pretty much doesn't leave my side. It's still hard being pushed away though Hugs

23. Adira

Yay!!! We got a full night's sleep last night!!! Not a peep from 7:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.!!!

How was sleep for everyone else?

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Hope he keeps up the good sleep. We had a good sleep last night. He did not make a peep all night which was surprising with everything that is going on in his little body. We were still up early but that was ok. I'm not going to hold my breath on two great nights though.

25. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@Smurfette: Awww she definitely loves you!!! You will always be her mama, and nothing can change that. Big hugs!

26. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Pete acted like this with his Aunt (my sister-in-law), who was staying with us all weekend. I know in my heart he loves me too, but it can be hard to watch a strong preference for someone else!

I hope you enjoyed your girls weekend!

@Adira: Happy for you but also green with envy! Sleep has been terrible! Pete was up at 11:30pm and 2:30am, in bed with us by 4am, and awake for the day at 6:00am. I feel like we have created a sleep monster!

On the talking front, Pete is officially a parrot. He copies everything we say. "Geez, kid." "Oh my gosh!" and "One, two, THREE!" are just a few of the gems he picked up this weekend. We have to really watch what we say now (no more cursing!), because he will repeat it over and over.

He also chose to spend the day shirtless, but wearing mittens. He looked pretty ridiculous tromping around the house with his big belly hanging out and mittens on his hands... Toddlers!

27. Smurfette

So DH picked up R from school on Friday and the teachers said that her ear had drainage. So he took her Sat to the pedi. Parents of the year: another ear drum that burst. She wasn't pulling on her ear, no fever, just waking up at night(last night she didn't). She is still waking up early but at least STTN.

DH and her had a goof Sat and Sunday morning together. I had a great weekend away with friends, but I was, and still am, sick. So that stinks. Think I am going to stay home tomorrow.

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Glad you had a fun weekend but that sucks that you are still sick. Poor R, glad she is sleeping better though.

@QueensBee: I hope he goes back to sleeping better soon. So cute that he was wearing mittens. I tried to put mittens on Isaac today so we could go for a walk and he had a little melt down.

29. Adira

@ALV91711: @QueensBee: Our good sleep was short-lived. He woke up at 5:30 the next day.

@QueensBee: Yay!!! Parroting toddles are awesome! Xander's just started to do this too, although some things he doesn't even attempt, like his name!! And it's such a boy thing to not wear a shirt - I totally can picture the no shirt + mittens!

@Smurfette: Oh wow! Poor baby with the ear bursting! That's crazy that it hasn't really been bothering her that much. Hope she's feeling better and sleeping better now! Bummer you're sick though.

30. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: I can't believe it happened again! Do they have idea why her eardrum bursts? She's such a good sport about it!

Hope you are feeling better today!

@Adira: Sorry to hear it!

Pete slept until 4:50am today, which is actually pretty good for us. I was determined to keep him in his crib, so I gave him a pacifier, laid him down, and rubbed his back. He seemed to fall asleep. As soon as I left the room, he leapt up and started to scream again. This cycle repeated itself 2 more times. Finally, I brought in a pillow and a blanket so I could lay on the floor beside him. He fell asleep for another 15 minutes or so with this set up but it didn't last long. At this point, it was 5:45am anyway so we just started our day. Fail. I need a new strategy for tonight!

31. Adira

@QueensBee: Ugh, I'm totally done that strategy before of trying to sleep next to the crib in hopes of it getting Xander to go back to sleep! It's never worked. He's always just tried to reach me through the crib bars or thought it was funny or something.

I have no advice. I hope things go better tonight!!

32. Smurfette

@QueensBee: it bursts when an infection doesn't heal.

33. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Smurfette: awwwh! So sorry to hear this!@QueensBee: I hope he naps and sleeps well today!

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I was so happy for a 5:30 wake up today!

@QueensBee: That is a rough start to the morning. I hope tomorrow is better.

We had a crappy sleep last night after a few decent nights. But I think it is because he had a terrible short nap yesterday. He always naps great at daycare, so hopefully that means a better night tonight.

And hopefully this regression ends for everyone soon.

35. Adira

@ALV91711: Ugh, 5:30 is too early! Hope he adjusts his schedule before DST!!

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I'm so dreading the time change. 5:30 is normal for us and I'm ok with that since we have to be out the door by 6:30. But I'm not ok with 4:30 being wake up time and that is what a lot of days have been lately.

37. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: I guess that makes sense. Those ear infections are crazy, I feel like there's no way to catch them sometimes. I would like someone to make an invention that can let you know if there's an ear infection without a trip to the ped!

@ALV91711: @Adira: @autumnlove: Thanks! His nap was average length at daycare (1 hour and 15 minutes) but he was in a great mood this afternoon, despite little sleep. I put him to bed at 6:30p.m. I am really hoping tonight will be better.

38. Adira

@QueensBee: Sounds like Pete and Xander had a similar day! Xander also took a short nap and went to bed around 6:30. Really hoping they both get a good night's sleep!

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: @Adira: Hope these boys sleep good tonight!

40. Adira

@ALV91711: Mine seemed to, thanks!! How was sleep for you?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee