Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

On the way home from R's tubes. Doctor said she has a lot of fluid, more in the right, but everything went great. She looks really tired, but so excited to be able to drink something.

2. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Smurfette: glad it went well!

3. autumnlove

@blackbird: Ya, she used to be ok during trims but now she is a lunatic and I've nicked her a couple of times with our nail scissors.

4. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Smurfette: I missed that R was having tubes put in! I hope they help a lot!!! I know a lot of kids have them. She's a trooper

@autumnlove: ugh toddlers *smh*. Mickey is our saving grace sometimes. It's the only way to get her to sit still when she's sick or we're trimming or whatever we need her to stop moving for (or like when i'm cooking bacon solo in the house!)

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Glad everything went well!!

6. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: yay good news all went well! Now on to crossing my FX that they actually help.

7. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: @Adira: thank you! Nail clippers are really uncommon here even for adults. The scissors we have here all have a rounded tip so you don't as easily cut the LOs. Works well for us.

8. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Glad that the weekend was overall good. I really hope he stops hitting soon. Today after dinner Isaac stood with me near the tree to look for snowman and santa ornaments. DH said he wouldn't go anywhere near the living room when they got home though.

@Pumuckl: I'm going to have to find some nail scissors like that. I just have sharp pointy ones.

@Smurfette: Glad it went good. I hope that these help her out.

9. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@Pumuckl: I use regular nail clippers that I use on myself... so we don't even use baby nail clippers anymore. My kids are okay getting their nails cut - I usually cut them when they're distracted watching youtube videos... and I cut them pretty regularly. I feel like they grow so fast... so about once a week!

@Smurfette: So glad it all went well, and that it's all over and done with. You must feel so relieved now!

10. Adira

@ALV91711: Thanks! And I'm glad to hear that Isaac is warming up to your tree!! It took Xander a few days, but now he'll even crawl around behind it.

11. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: @Smurfette: @Mrs. High Heels: Haha, now I'm worried that Pete's nails are growing too slowly? I can't believe you guys need to cut them once a week! Maybe he's scratching them on sandpaper or something at daycare? I have no idea...

The first year, I actually just bit the nails off (sounds so gross but I swear it was the recommendation of our ped!) and then we recently started using nail scissors. He absolutely hates both methods and doesn't even like me looking at his fingers to inspect the nails.

@ALV91711: Awwe, so cautious around the tree! I guess that's better than the typical toddler who wants to climb the tree!

@Smurfette: So happy the procedure went well! You must be so relieved that it's done!

We've had a wild week with sleep. He spent all of Sunday and Tuesday nights in his own crib, and all of Monday night in our bed. He had a terrible cough on Monday night and was very restless. I took him to the pediatrician yesterday who said he's fine but has some post nasal drip. There's not much we do beyond a humidifier and vapor rub, which we already use.

And off topic but, I'm so so excited that Christmas is a week away! My school vacation starts on Friday and I am just counting down the minutes.

12. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

Hi spring mamas! I need your thoughts/opinions!

I made Sadie's birthday invitations while she was napping today, and I want to go ahead and send them to the printer. I want the RSVPs in by January 24th, so I was thinking I'll send the invitations out the last week of December. Meaning, I need to have them printed ASAP. Before I commit to print, I need another pair of eyes to look at it. Anything y'all would change? Anything I should add?

(FYI: If you can't tell, Sadie's party is Toy Story themed. Most specifically Woody and Jessie, but we'll include everyone. The ranch where we're having it actually has the same name as the ranch where Andy takes Woody to Cowboy camp! )

Front and back:

13. Mrs. High Heels

@photojane: Super cute! Will lunch be provided?

14. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: Yes! Chick-fil-a nuggets and BBQ! I learned my lesson last year not to try to do everything--cooking, baking, DIY, decorating--all on my own. I enjoy DIY/decorating the most, so I'm going to let someone else do the cooking.

15. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@photojane: That totally tripped me out for a second. I was momentarily thinking, "It can't be a first birthday because she's older than the boys, but they're not even close to two." Oh, wait....I can't believe our kids are coming up on two!!! All the cliches are true about how quickly it goes.

@Smurfette: I missed that R was getting tubes. I'm so sorry, but I hope it will help her feel so much better!

16. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Smurfette: glad to hear it went well!! I hope it helps a lot!

17. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: I don't keep up with this thread like I should, and had no idea she was getting tubes! I hope they're effective! How is she doing?

18. Mrs. High Heels

@photojane: mmm can't go wrong with chick-fil-a and BBQ! i'm with you, i try to offload where i can when it comes to parties... but i know for a fact i'm nowhere near as crafty and creative as you!

19. Smurfette

@QueensBee: I can't wait for Christmas either! I leaving the office at 130 on Friday and don't have to go back till the 2nd!
    @photojane: I love it!!!! Those invitations are awesome!
    @photojane: @Mrs. Blue: @travellingbee: thanks! She was back to normal, running around like crazy an hour after the procedure. I just hope it works and we get no more burst ear drums!

20. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I KNOW! 6 weeks until her 2nd birthday party. That is NUTS. I'm not ready.

@Smurfette: So glad she's back to normal! I've heard really great things about tubes. Does she have to have follow up?

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Tonight after dinner he was crying no more tree. But then I sat with him by it and got him to touch the ornaments and we point out different ones. He won't touch the branches though.

@QueensBee: It is crazy how varied sleep can be. I don't get how they spend one whole night in there beds and then the next night they can't. Do you have 2 weeks off? I have 1.5 off and I'm excited!

@photojane: How can 2nd birthdays be starting so soon?!?! I love your theme and invite.

This morning we were up at 4:30. After a couple decent morning wake up times and then back to this. It was very hard to make it through the work day. Especially since I'm training in a new job and have to actually try and retain new information.

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@photojane: love the invites!

@ALV91711: oh no, hope tonight is better for you guys.

@QueensBee: sometimes I think we have the same kid our nights have gotten better too although he does usually end up in our bed. BUT the time he wakes up has gotten later and later. He's sick with a cough too though so he has been frequently waking up. And I yesterday noticed that our chest rub stuff is still with DH's toiletries and he will not be home until late tonight (but then stay for 2.5weeks - hurray). So I couldn't help him there. He also frequently points at his right cheek and says "aua" - so the second molar seems to making its grand entrance.

23. Smurfette

@photojane: 6 weeks! That is crazy! She goes back in mid January for a check up with the ENT.
    @ALV91711: How much sleep is he getting at night? That sucks but congrats on the new job!

Santa came to R's school yesterday. Her teacher said she ran to the back of the room, trying to run up the walls to get away, saying No No No, and then she pooped. So Santa literally scared the crap out of her. I find this super hilarious!

24. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: HAHA! That is amazing. Santa is scary! Sadie has nervous toots and it is hilarious.

25. Adira

@photojane: LOVE the invitations!!! I can't believe our kids are turning two soon!! CRAZY!

@ALV91711: That's probably good he won't touch the branches. Xander started throwing toys at the tree yesterday and had to go into timeout! Grrrr!

@Smurfette: OMG!!! Poor R!! But that's also pretty hysterical, haha. I think Santa is coming to Xander's school tomorrow, so I'm curious how he does. Although Hubs does daycare pick-up while I'm leave and probably won't get all the details.

26. blackbird

@Smurfette: bahahah!

Why is it that kids' farts are so hilarious?

27. Smurfette

@blackbird: I don't know but R has gotten to the stage where she laughs when she toots now.

28. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: @blackbird: Pete doesn't laugh but he likes to announce every toot that he hears. This has the potential to lead to some embarrassing moments!

@Smurfette: Haha that's hysterical!
    And only one.more.day. until vacation!

@ALV91711: Yes, two weeks off. I can't wait! We'll be home for one week and traveling to Florida for one week. Yikes, I have no idea how you can function at a new job with so little sleep. Almost the weekend!

@Pumuckl: It totally sounds like our two boys are in cahoots! How exciting that your DH will be home for a few weeks! I hope the vapor rub helps you all get a little more sleep.

@photojane: I love the invitation and the theme! The venue sounds like it's going to be so much fun! And yes, I can't believe that we are already planning 2nd birthday parties. *tear

29. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I'm so not looking forward to this next round of molars. Hope they don't give you guys too much trouble.

@Smurfette: Thanks. The last two nights he has gotten about 9.5 hours of sleep with 2 hour naps. He seems to sleep better/longer Sat - Tues and the rest of the week is bad. That is too funny about Santa!

@Adira: Sounds like Xander is getting a lot of time outs. Do you think they help? How do you get him to stay in one spot?

@QueensBee: A week in Florida will be awesome.

When he wakes up at 4:30 we don't actually let him get up. One of us will go downstairs with him and give him milk and then we lay on the couch with him. I make him just lay quietly and tell him if he plays around he is going back to his crib. We hope that he will fall back asleep, but this doesn't usually happen. We let him get up to play at 5:30.

30. Adira

@ALV91711: I'm not really sure the timeouts help at all... sometimes he'll put his teddy bear into timeout and thinks it's funny. Sometimes he'll even put himself in timeout. Sometimes he'll even say he wants to go in timeout and he'll do something bad (like hitting someone) just to be put there. I don't get it. And usually he'll just stay in the chair during timeout, but if he moves, Hubs just puts him back.

31. Adira

So I FINALLY fed Xander peanut butter today!!! He loved it! And no reaction so far! I'm going to give him more tomorrow and watch him again and if he continues not to have a reaction, I'm going to declare him not allergic!

32. blackbird

@Adira: yay!!!! That's fabulous!

33. autumnlove

@Adira: awesome! PBJs!

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Woohoo! Glad that peanut butter worked out.

35. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: yay, that's great news! I still have to feed B peanuts but we peanut butter is really uncommon here so I still have to figure out logistics. Although I could give him one of the peanut butter cups I still hord... Hmmm, we'll see.

B was sick the last two days with a pretty bad cold including a bad cough. He's slowly getting better though and has no fever. He keeps saying his ear hurts but then I am unsure whether it's really his ear or his molar that is bothering him. Don't always run a fever if they have an ear infection?

36. blackbird

@Pumuckl: they don't always! E had an ear infection once sans fever

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: Poor kid. The first ear infection Isaac had he didn't have a fever, but these last two he had fevers, so I'm not too sure. We are starting on the second molars too and it hasn't been a fun start.

Isaac finally learned how to climb onto the couch yesterday. He did it while we were skyping with my mom. I feel like this is really late to be learning to climb onto things but he is just too cautious.

38. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Pumuckl: My LO had a double ear infection two weeks ago. She had no fever or other symptoms. We only took her in to the doctor for really terrible tantrums.

39. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Smurfette: L too. And he laughs at DH's too. Oh boys....
    @Adira: yay! That's great! L loves PBJs!
    @Pumuckl: L usually had fevers with ear infections but I know other babies that didn't ever get fevers. Prob depends on the kid.

I got another bfp and waiting for betas tomorrow but tests are nice and dark so feeling more confident. Hoping we can have L wear his big brother shirt on Christmas for our parents.

40. Adira

@travellingbee: Ahhhh!!!! Congratulations!!!! Hoping this one is nice and sticky!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee