Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@travellingbee: oh that's so exciting!!!!

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Pumuckl: R never has any signs of an ear infection till we see the drainage. Why we got tubes, hopefully the ear drums will stop bursting now.
    @travellingbee: congrats!!

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Pumuckl: Xander's had a couple ear infections that had no symptoms. We didn't even realize he had them until we were at well visits and the pediatrician was checking his ears and told us he had them!

@ALV91711: That's awesome he learned to climb on the couch! And I think being cautious is a good thing. Xander's always giving me a heart-attack because he'll just climb on things and jump off!

4. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Yay, congratulations!! Stick, baby, stick! A Christmas morning "Big Brother" shirt will be so perfect!

@Pumuckl: Yes, we definitely have the same child! On Friday night, Pete was pulling at his right ear and saying, "owie." However, he had no fever and even his cough was mostly gone. We had just been to the pediatrician on Tuesday, so I didn't feel the need to rush him in. He slept for 13 hours on Friday night (amen!) and woke up totally fine. I hope yours turns out to be nothing too!

@Adira: I have to admit, all your Logan pics on IG are giving me major baby fever!

The past few days, Pete has been enjoying down time in his crib. It's so blissful. In the past, he would either be sleeping in his crib, or crying to come out. He never liked to chill in there. But recently, he's been relaxing and cooing quietly for about an hour before he actually falls asleep. And the past two mornings, he's spent about an hour playing with his stuffed animals until we go in to get him. I know I've said it before but I really hope this is the new stage/phase we are in! After just two mornings, I already feel so much more rested and human.

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: Congrats!! Stick baby stick. A big brother shirt on Christmas will be so fun!

@QueensBee: I can't wait for this stage of chilling in his crib. Glad you are getting more rest.

I'm just glad for STTN more consistently. Sometimes he will cry out in his sleep which wakes me, but he goes right back to sleep.

We went for his second haircut today. It wasn't too bad, he just looked really concerned for most of it and then freaked when she brought out the clippers. I had told her to just use scissors but she insisted she needed to use them around the ears. Oh well, we took him to Cabella's afterward to look at the animals and he was as happy as could be.

6. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Adira: YAY! PB&J's are a toddler staple.

@travellingbee: Congrats!!

@ALV91711: second haircut already? Lots of hair! I'm thinking Sadie won't need a hair cut for a few years at least. ha.

7. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@blackbird: @travellingbee: @Smurfette: @Adira: @ALV91711: @QueensBee: thank you all for you're ear infection advice. I think we'll see how he does today and if he's still complaining we'll take him in tomorrow before everything shuts down for Christmas and New Year's. Over here the main Christmas Day is actually the 24th so if he gets sick after the 23rd we'd have to go to urgent care which means hours upon hours of waiting.

@QueensBee: I'm jealous of your good sleep. Our night wasn't so great and I am seriously tired today.

@ALV91711: We still have the first haircut to master. I still haven't dared cutting them since he freaks when we even cut his fringe. But his hair is soooo long we're just lucky that with his blond curls they don't look half as long as they really are

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@travellingbee: congratulations... So happy for you and sticky, sticky baby dust! Really hope this is it for you!

9. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@photojane: There was a girl there getting her first haircut and she was 3.5 and she still didn't even have that much hair.

10. Adira

@QueensBee: Wow, that's awesome about Pete just hanging out in his crib! Xander will be okay in his crib if he has toys or books before a nap, but otherwise it's either sleeping or crying/whining!

@ALV91711: I'm impressed you were able to get his hair cut! We've trimmed Xander's at home, but he FREAKS OUT whenever I take the scissors out, so it's always a fight with one of having to restrain him and the other trying to cut as quickly as possible!

11. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Well we did take him to a kids place with fun cars to sit in, cartoons to watch and toys for distractions. She cut his hair in about 10 minutes.

Is every one ready for Christmas? I have one day of work left and just need to do some cleaning and wrap a few presents.

MIL is flying in tomorrow night and DH still has no idea. I'm pretty excited to see his reaction.

12. Adira

@ALV91711: I'm mostly ready for Christmas! I still need to put tags and bows on gifts, vacuum, make an apple pie, and clean off the dining table... but otherwise, I'm ready! That's so exciting about you and your MIL surprising your husband with a visit!

13. Smurfette

@ALV91711: we are ready! We were at the ILs over the weekend. R loved opening gifts, although she would open one and not want to open another. Poor girl took a 30 min nap in the car home tonight. She was a MESS tonight and was asleep by 630.

We are taking her to day care tomorrow. I am meeting a friend for breakfast and then manicure/pedicures. Picking her up after nap and heading to my parents till late Christmas Eve. Looking forward to spending Christmas at home just the three of us.

14. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Glad the haircut went well! I feel like these kiddos look so much older after a fresh haircut!

So awesome that's you're surprising your DH for Christmas!

We are mostly ready for Christmas here. I am waiting on one more gift to arrive in the mail today but other than that, I think we're set. We are hosting my parents for Christmas dinner but it will just be the four of us, plus Pete. I have to buy the groceries today but it's totally manageable!

@Smurfette: I'm having a similar day today, minus the friend! I took Pete to daycare and I'm hoping to get to the gym, get a holiday manicure, and finish reading my book before I pick him up later. It feels like such an indulgence. I hope you enjoy your relaxing day! And have fun with your family tomorrow! I love Italian Christmas Eve- it's the best!

@Adira: I'm impressed and in awe that you can make an apple pie with a toddler and a newborn!

15. Adira

@QueensBee: Well, we'll see about this whole apple pie thing. I might not be able to make it until after Xander goes to bed and pray Logan naps long enough in the evening that I can get it done! But he tends to cluster feed, so I might not get to make it until late and then just miss out on a bunch of sleep myself!

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: @QueensBee: The surprise went off without a hitch and DH was speechless when I brought him mom home. He thought I was out for drinks with the girls. Isaac is warming up to her fast which is nice.

@Adira: I hope you get your apple pie made.

@Smurfette: Hope you had a relaxing day. A nice quiet family Christmas is always nice.

@QueensBee: I hope you had a nice relaxing day too and have fun hosting dinner.

I'm pooped today and just have to wrap a few gifts plus get dinner ready for today. I think a nap will be in order today for sure.

17. blackbird

@ALV91711: yes to Christmas Eve naps! I'm right there with you. I think I have another cold and we have stuff going on tonight, so a nap may be in order here, too

18. Adira

Pie's in the oven!! I got a rare opportunity to make it while both boys were napping, so now I don't have to stay up super late!!

Although I just remembered that It's A Wonderful Life is on tonight, so I'm planning on staying up late anyway!

19. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

Merry Christmas Eve ladies.

My in laws brought a cold with them. The three of them and DH are cancelling on my aunt's dinner tonight. I'm making the trek with LO alone. It seemed like they expected me to plan/shop for/cook their backup Christmas Eve dinner. I laughed and went to take a nap. Not very Christmasy of me but I'm so over this visit. Sick pregnant mama has to take care of herself. They're here until the 4th which seems so far away.

Despite the colds and house guests I think we'll have a good Christmas. Having too much family isn't a problem I'll always have so I'm going to try to appreciate it. DH and I will try hosting our first holiday dinner tomorrow night (if everyone isn't scared off by our germs). I'm looking forward to it.

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Merry Christmas ladies. I hope everyone has a great time with their LO's.

I think Isaac is going to be pretty excited tomorrow. Today he had a lot of fun playing with his Gramma. Despite not feeling 100%, stupid teething, he had a good day.

@blackbird: Hopefully you got a nap in and are feeling better.

@Adira: That is awesome they both napped at the same time and you got your pie made.

@Corduroy: I really hope you don't catch their germs. Good for you for going and laying down and taking care of yourself.

21. silver1

apricot / 338 posts

Merry christmas ladies!!
    I had a long post written out twice but my nook is acting all weird and keeps deleting ugh. So keeping this short
    @Corduroy: omg hope you can stay away a bit and good luck with dinner!!
    @Adira: Awesome making pie and the boys napping
    @QueensBee: That is heavenly lo entertaining by himself. J was like that a few weeks backbut sadly he got a cold and now back to his whining self.
    I think we might be in terrible 2's. Lo was fine this morning and then out of blue he remembered something and started crying whatever it was. Fun times!!

22. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

Merry Christmas!!!

I am so excited about opening gifts with the LOs! I am pretty exhausted....LO 2 could not not stay asleep! She didn't have a temp but her night cough was horrible. Zzzzzzzzz

@Adira: pie!@Corduroy: sorry about the sickies!

@blackbird: I will need a nap later!
    @Smurfette: I love her kitchen!

23. Adira

How was everyone's Christmas??

Ours was so much fun. Xander was old enough to be excited and really into it, which was awesome! He loves his table and chair and ate at it and has been playing at it a ton! His other favorite gifts were play dishes and food, a wooden train set, matchbox cars, and more MegaBloks. My parents also got him a potty, a potty book (which he's had us read to him a million times already), and a toddler bed rail, which apparently we will need soon. Hubs said he caught Xander trying to climb out of his crib the other day!

24. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@travellingbee: ahhh just catching up after the holidays - big congrats!! stick, baby, stick!!

@Adira: so glad to hear xander has no issues with PB! i don't know when i'll introduce peanuts to jaren -- if ever anytime soon -- because noelle has a peanut allergy and we just don't let anything peanut-related in the house.

25. Mrs. High Heels

@QueensBee: omg jaren's been doing the same thing!! he can happily play in his crib for 20-30 min now after he wakes. sometimes he's so quietly babbling that i don't even realize he's up until i walk by his room. he used to scream to come out the moment he woke. its been such a nice change! babies are so unpredictable, ahha.

@ALV91711: so awesome that the surprise worked out exactly as planned!!

@Corduroy: oh man, i would be feeling the same way! hope you had a good time anyway!

26. Adira

@Mrs. High Heels: I totally hear you. I don't have to worry about it yet, but I'm scared to introduce dairy to Logan because of how allergic Xander is! Although we do still have dairy products in the house, since his allergy isn't airborne like peanut allergies can be!

27. Mrs. High Heels

@Adira: allergies are so stressful - wish neither of us had to deal with them. you've been handling xander's dairy allergies so well! in many ways i think that's a tougher allergy to deal with bc there is less awareness around it.

our christmas was pretty good! it was really low-key since my in-laws are out of the country, so we just had my SIL's and my mom over for dinner. we gave the kids a shared giant dollhouse, which they love and they've been playing side-by-side with it nonstop! it's really more age appropriate for noelle, but i couldn't think of much to give jaren since we already have everything he would want - cars, trains, blocks, etc. so santa got him a melissa & doug ABC magnet set, and family members contributed to his 529 fund. he didn't really get the concept of santa this year, but noelle totally did. it was so much fun seeing her mesmerized by all things christmas this year - i think it'll be even more fun next year!

28. Smurfette

We had a great Christmas. We stayed at home just the three of us. After spending the weekend before at ILs, then Tues night at my parents, presents Christmas Eve and night,(side note, successful car to crib sleeping transfer) which she was up SO late, we all needed low key. She LOVES her kitchen. Been playing with it non stop. I think she really like the step stool, from the bathroom, so she can reach the microwave. She opens and closes it over and over. She doesn't even play with the food, just the plates/cups and appliances. It is so nice being able to lay on the couch and she will just play by herself. First time ever she has played by herself for more then 10 mins.

29. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: We had a great Christmas. Isaac was so excited in the morning to see all the presents. He helped open all his gifts. He loves his little table. His favourite present seems to be a bbq from his Auntie. He keeps cooking us food.

@Smurfette: Her kitchen looks amazing, glad she is having so much fun with it and giving you a break.

It is kind of nice now that our company is gone. It was nice having MIL here but by yesterday Isaac was just so grumpy. I think just so much going on and he isn't getting enough sleep. This morning we just cuddled on the couch and watched cartoons for a while.

30. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: Thanks. Unfortunately, it's not our sticky baby. Betas didn't double and we are waiting for the inevitable.

31. Mrs. High Heels

@travellingbee: i'm so sorry...

32. blackbird

@travellingbee: I'm so sorry to hear this

33. blackbird

@Smurfette: which kitchen did you get? We may get E one for her bday. She was playing with her cousin's kitchen a lot! She also likes their play house...

DH and I both have nasty colds but E feels better and is bouncing off the walls and we just do not have the stamina for it. I also have pink eye from her sneezing in my face probably, so that sucks....I'm at CVS getting drops right now. We're parenting in stages.

34. Smurfette

@blackbird: KidKraft Uptown. It is one of the taller ones so hopefully will last awhile!

That sounds awful!! I hope you all feel better soon!!

@travellingbee: I am so sorry!

35. Adira

@Mrs. High Heels: I'm excited for next year toil when Xander will probably getvthe concept of Santa!

@Smurfette: That play kitchen looks awesome! So glad R likes it. And it was smart of you to get a bigger one so that it will last a while. Where are you going to keep it? I never know where to keep large toys like that.

@blackbird: Booo! Sorry to hear how sick you guys are. I hope you all start feeling better soon.

@travellingbee: I'm so sorry this wasn't your sticky baby. I hope it happens for you soon.

36. Smurfette

@Adira: we moved DHs office into the guest room. So his office is a full playroom now, right off the living room.

37. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Hi everyone. Happy New Year, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas to all!

We had a very nice Christmas week. Pete had so much fun on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house, celebrating with my big Italian family. Pete did so great and totally charmed everyone! He stayed awake until 10pm, which is when we left, and he was in a happy and social mood the whole time. It was so fun! Christmas Day was much more low key. Santa brought him a train table set and he kept saying, "Thank you, Santy Claus" over and over. He's been playing with his train set constantly and even takes Thomas the Train to sleep with him in his crib. He's completely obsessed.

We leave early Tuesday morning for a trip to visit the ILs in Florida. I'm excited for the trip but nervous for the flight. This is the first flight since he's become mobile and opinionated. We also bought him his own seat for the first time. I hope he does okay!

Sleep has gone back to being crap! He's been in our bed by 3am again each day this week. I don't mind as much right now because I'm not working. Maybe some long days by the beach will help him sleep through the night again soon...

@Adira: Sounds like you had a great holiday! So many great gifts for Xander! And kudos on baking that pie!

@Smurfette: Glad you had such a nice holiday! The new train set has been entertaining Pete for long stretches too. It's so amazing to watch these kids play by themselves now!

@Mrs. High Heels: Haha, I do love this playing in the crib phase! Does Jaren insist on bringing a million toys into his crib? Pete has been demanding that we bring all ten of his trains up to his crib each night. I actually needed to dig up a little basket to carry them all up and down the stairs.

@Corduroy: I hope you were able to stay healthy despite having everyone else be sick. And good for you to still enjoy your Christmas Eve dinner! Did everything turn out okay for your first holiday dinner despite all the illness?

@silver1: Oh boy, that does sound like the start of the terrible 2s! Not looking forward to this!

@ALV91711: Must be nice to have the house back to yourselves. Enjoy those quiet morning snuggles!

@blackbird: Hope you guys feel better soon! Sounds like you guys have a good game plan!

@travellingbee: I've been thinking of you this week and can't believe you have to go through this all over again. I hope you're feeling okay and that you get your sticky baby soon.

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

I forgot how tiring it is to be home all day every day with a toddler. He keeps us so busy all day even if we haven't really gone anywhere. Good thing for lots of new toys to keep us entertained.

@travellingbee: So sorry that you are going through this again

@blackbird: Hope you and DH are both feeling better soon. Being sick and taking care of a toddler is not very fun.

@Smurfette: I'm jealous that you have a playroom. All the toys are in the dining room and living room here. I look forward to when he is older and can play in his room alone and toys can be kept up there.

@QueensBee: Sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun. Hopefully he will go back to sleeping better soon. I've noticed Isaac is sleeping way worse with tall the excitement and things going on. Hopefully Pete will do good on your flight. I'd love to go to the beach right now.

39. Mrs. High Heels

@QueensBee: No, in fact... Jaren likes to throw out ALL his toys even when I try to put some in there with him. By morning, anything that was in his crib is scattered around it! I also spoke too soon, or jinxed myself... or both. Jaren is now back to waking up screaming for me first thing in the morning! Le sigh.

40. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@travellingbee: I'm so sorry. Hugs!

@QueensBee: My refrigerator died on Christmas so that made hosting my first holiday breakfast and dinner quite challenging but I pulled it off (in that I served something).

Between my three in laws and my parents being in town, my in-laws being sick, and having no refrigerator I have been on a very short fuse. Last night MIL made dinner and FIL announced it was the best meal he had since the left home. I bit my tongue but DH said that he thought that was quite rude of him to say in front of me after staying with us for several days. Whatever, I don't like his cooking either. I am so over my in laws being at my house. I was actually relieved this morning to leave for a business trip at 4am. I can't believe that are staying until the 4th.

Still venting, my SIL made the hugest mess of our guest bath. It looked like sewage and hair backed up in the bathtub. I was so embarrassed on Christmas that everyone was using a bathroom that looked that way. (I didn't see it until after people left). DH told his sister that the way she left the tub was totally unacceptable. 36 hours later she still hadn't done anything to clean it. DH finally cleaned it so LO could have a bath. I don't know what his family does to that tub. We asked his parents once before if there was a plumbing problem because they left it so dirty. But now they sneak in and use our shower in our room while we're at work. And I'm pretty sure they use our towels and just hang them back up like they didn't, so gross. End vent.

LO had a great Christmas and is loving all the extended family attention. She is talking up a storm with all these people around. She's also getting quite bossy. It's pretty cute at the moment but I think I need to shut that down really soon. At the dinner table she's been calling out each person by name and demanding to see their elbows. Like, "Grandma, up elbows!". Everyone has been playing along but I think it's going to be hard to break her of this habit.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee