Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Have a fun party!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Thanks! It was a lot of fun. Xander had a blast! Although my SMIL and FIL got Xander the exact tricycle we got him!!! I think we'll save it for Logan though.

3. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Happy it was a success! What did you end up serving?

I can't believe they got the same tricycle! What are the chances?!

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow morning. DH is leaving for a business trip at 5am and it's snowing heavily out. We have to try to walk the dog, shovel out the car, and get out the door by 7am, assuming that school stays opens. I'm so stressed about it and just want winter to be over already!!!!

4. Adira

@QueensBee: I know, right?!? They obviously have good taste! I ended up serving brunch food: bagels, muffins, waffle, sausage, finger sandwiches, fruit, and cheese and crackers. It was a hit!

Ugh, that sucks about tomorrow morning! I guess get up ridiculously early? It's snowing here too, but we're only going to get 4 inches at the most, so I'm going to head to work before we clear the driveway.

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: Most nights it takes 10-15 mins to get R to leave. She wants a snack, to play, etc
    @Adira: glad that the party went well! Can you return one and get him something else?
    @QueensBee: DHs flight was cancelled for tomorrow. Supposed to leave at 645 to NYC and all the other flights are booked. Maybe your DHs will be canceled too!

So R tried twice this weekend to climb out of the crib. But I was there both times. This afternoon she got a whole leg over the top and said help mama help. I told her she can't climb out, she needs to wait till DH or I come get her. My parents are going to bring our conversion kit, we had it stored at their house before we bought our house. But I am hoping we don't have to switch to a toddler bed. DH doesn't think she will try to climb out on her own.

6. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Sigh, that would be amazing. We keep checking but it still says it's on time.

I'll be so curious to here what happens with R in her crib! I hope she can stay in there a little longer for you. We're definitely not ready to move to a toddler bed yet either.

@Adira: That spread sounds delish! I love brunch foods. Yes, our plan is to get up at 4:45am to take care of everything before Pete wakes up. I have a feeling it's going to be a long week!

7. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Adira: So glad the party went well! I bet he loves the trike. Can he peddle? Post a picture of him riding!

@Smurfette: Uh oh! That's usually when it's time for the toddler bed. Is she adventurous? Sadie hasn't tried at all! In fact, she never wants to get out. I have to peel her from the bed.

8. Smurfette

@photojane: um, yeah. She dived off the coffee table this afternoon and got up and started dancing. I think we should switch her but DH wants to wait and see if she tries it again. But I over worry(about everything) so now it is all I can think about.

9. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: oh gosh... hahaha! I wouldn't do the toddler bed until you absolutely need it. I've heard it's a headache. I'm keeping Sadie in until she's 7. Try not to worry! Even if she climbs out, it's really unlikely that she'd actually hurt herself. It's not a far fall, and she would be holding on. My nephew climbs out of his crib 3 times a day!

10. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

Have any of y'all dealt with croup? IT IS THE WORST. Sadie has been miserable and pitiful since Wednesday. I haven't seen her this sick or sad. It's so hard to watch! Today was a little better, but not great... hoping she's back to normal (or mostly) tomorrow.

11. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@photojane: We haven't dealt with croup yet (knock on wood). I'm so sorry that Sadie looks and feels so sad! There's really not much you can do in terms of medicine, right? I hope she feels better today!

@Adira: We were up at 4:30am and got everything done before DH left. Feeling accomplished at 6am, lol! Hope your second week back, and the new teacher, goes well!

12. Adira

@Smurfette: I could return it - they gave me the gift receipt. BUT I'm thinking I might just hold onto it for Logan to use! Especially since it's one of those 4-in-1 trikes, so I can use it with him when he's only 9 months.

Ahhh, R's trying to escape!! That makes me so nervous! Xander has done the same - get his leg up and over the crib railing. So far he hasn't climbed all the way out, but it makes me so nervous! Especially since his bedroom is upstairs and if he climbs out the crib, he could easily open his bedroom door and tumble down the stairs. I've been making Hubs close the gate to the stairs at night just in case!

@QueensBee: Ahhh, good for you!!! You were up even earlier than I was this morning!! But glad you were able to get everything done!

@photojane: He can't reach the peddles!!!! I have a shorty, hahaha. I haven't uploaded the photos from my camera yet, but here is one my SIL took of him.

We haven't dealt with croup. I'm so scared of it though because Xander already has asthma, so I don't even know what croup would do to him! I hope Sadie feels better soon.

13. Smurfette

@photojane: knock on wood, no. I hope sweet Sadie is feeling better soon.
    @Adira: R's feet barely hit the petals, but she can't pedal on it yet. We have the 4 in 1 but ours is pink and we put the pole up so we can steer it. She loves to go on walks around the neighborhood in it.

14. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah! We put the pole in ours too and then pushed Xander around the house. We still have way too much snow to actually take it outside, which sucks. Maybe by the time all the snow melts, he'll be able to reach the pedals. I didn't realize when I bought the 4-in-1 that the parent handle can actually steer it too - that is soooo cool! I'm so excited to go on walks this summer with it!

15. Smurfette

@Adira: It is pretty awesome! R was pushing it around the house this weekend. What if you return it and get a wagon? Then this summer you can pull both boys? We have one too and R loves it. Plus it is nice to carry stuff down to the neighbors for a cookout.

16. Adira

@Smurfette: That's a good idea too, actually! Although I feel like I will eventually want a second tricycle, right?? I don't know! The wagons are so cute though...

17. Smurfette

@Adira: but by the time Logan will be able to ride the trik, Xander will be in a bike. Just something to think about. We have this one.
    http://smile.amazon.com/Radio-Flyer-All-Terrain-Steel-Wagon/dp/B00000K1VS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425302200&sr=8-2&keywords=red+wagon

I hope the IL's didn't pay that much. But we liked it better then the plastic one cause it seemed like it would grow more with her. And it can carry our cooler of beer this way Priorities yo!

18. Adira

@Smurfette: Well, supposedly the trike you can start using at 9 months by strapping them into it and pushing them around. My mom said my brother and I used our tricycles until we were 5, so it's possible Xander will still be using his when Logan is old enough to use one. Not sure though.

I LOVE that wagon! The ILs did get the Radio Flyer trike, but yeah, it wasn't as expensive as that wagon is. Hmmm... I wonder if I should get that wagon...

19. Smurfette

@Adira: I would probably get the wagon. Then wait for the trik to go on sale again and then you buy the cheaper thing for Logan It will be a good 1st bday gift. Even if you have to pay a little more for the wagon. Which I know I have seen cheaper then what it is on amazon right now.

20. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, I'll have to talk to my husband and see what he thinks. Thanks for the advice and the link!

Now, have you had R's party yet? Or is it this weekend?

21. Smurfette

@Adira: It is this weekend. I tried on her outfit this weekend, the shirt is huge (long) but it works. We keep trying to talk up her birthday so she gets it. DH is bummed, he doesn't think he can be home next week on her actual bday. Won't be able to get home till late that night. So if that happens, we will celebrate her bday the next day. Luckily this year she won't get that her presents are a day late!

22. Adira

@Smurfette: I'm excited to see some of the pics from her party! And that's too bad that your husband won't be able to be home for her actual birthday. We didn't even really do anything on Xander's real birthday. And we gave him his presents at his party instead of on his birthday. At least while they are still so young, you can get away with stuff like being late and they don't know the difference!

23. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: We asked my parents to buy Pete a wagon as his birthday gift this year. I see families using them for everything! Pumpkin picking, apple picking, trips to the beach, walks around the neighborhood, lemonade stands. I can't wait to have one. I think it will get a lot of use!

@Adira: I love his expression in that photo! Hopefully the snow will melt soon and he can give it a try outside.

24. Smurfette

I think someone has cried more since we got home then not. When is bed time?

25. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@QueensBee: Nope! Just waiting it out. We've been giving her a little bit of benadryl at night to dry up her nose, but other than that we can't do anything.

@Smurfette: Sadie's shirt was way too long too, so I just tied it up the back with a hair tie and tucked it... looked much better! Sorry you're having a rough night. Bed time is SO CLOSE! Have a glass of wine tonight.

26. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: I hate those kind of nights. They just drag on forever. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Pour some wine?

27. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@QueensBee: we got a wagon last year and I wish we'd have gotten the metal one. The plastic one isn't nearly as sturdy and the wheels have gone a bit wonky.

I'm excited for L's bday but sad to hear some negative rsvps. I'm sure he'll have a blast regardless. His birthday falls on a Saturday (14th) so we'll be having his party on his actual bday.

AFM, I've been stuck indoors with a 4 day (so far) stomach virus! My husband has been a saint taking care of L and even got me flowers.

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

I'm home. The boys survived and sounds like they had a fun weekend. And to DH's surprise Isaac went to bed fine without me here. I missed them, but I was very busy with family things so I couldn't focus on it. I got a lot of snuggles and hugs from Isaac this afternoon. And now for an early bedtime, I'm pooped.

@Adira: He's so cute on the trike. Hopefully by the time it warms up and you can take it outside he will be able to reach the peddles better. I agree with the others, I would take the second trike back and get a wagon. We don't use our wagon much but I could see it being really handy with two.

@travellingbee: I hope you recover soon, being sick is no fun. I'm sure L will have a blast at his birthday even with a few missing guests.

@Smurfette: I hope she went to bed fine. I hate those kind of nights. Sounds like a glass or two of wine are in order.

@photojane: Hope she's feeling better soon. We haven't had to deal with that one before.

29. Adira

@Smurfette: Yikes! Sounds like you had a brutal evening. Did you do an early bedtime at all?

@travellingbee: Sorry to hear about your stomach bug!! That sounds horrible. Hope you start feeling better. And yay for birthday parties! L will have a blast, regardless of who's there!

30. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Thanks for the tip about the metal wagon. I'll have to ask them which one they bought!

I can't believe you've had the stomach bug for 4 days! Ugh, that's such a long time. But at least you have a sweet DH taking good care of you! Hope you feel better soon!

@ALV91711: Welcome home! Glad you got a little break and that the boys had a successful weekend together!

@photojane: How is Sadie feeling today?

@Smurfette: Did R sleep well, after her rough night?

31. Smurfette

@Adira: @QueensBee: Girlfriend was all smiles once Dada came out (was on a work call) from his office/guest room. Stinker. He forgot her blanket yesterday so she had a bad nap and getting her 2 yr molars, so all around cranky. But still won't go to bed early, but we tried. She slept fine all night. Now if only I had.
    @ALV91711: Glad that you had a good trip and the boys survived without you!
    @travellingbee: I wish we had less people coming. Less money I have to spend Hope you are feeling better!

32. Adira

@Smurfette: Hopefully tonight will be better!

33. Adira

What time is everyone's LOs waking up?

When I was on maternity leave, Xander was waking up around 7:00, but now that I'm back at work, I hear him waking up around 6:00 (and often before that). Is it time to push his bedtime back or is he just waking up because he can hear me moving around the house??

34. Smurfette

@Adira: She wakes up anywhere between 630-700 most days. But she doesn't go to bed till 8. Some days she will sleep later but most she is up at 645 but doesn't call for us for 15-20 mins.

35. Adira

@Smurfette: Hmm... how did you know to push her bedtime back to 8:00?

What time is everyone's LOs going to bed? Xander's been going down around 7:30 (sometimes earlier), but maybe it's time to push it back?

36. Smurfette

@Adira: She just doesn't fall asleep till then. We put her down at 730, but it is 745/800, usually at 8, that she falls asleep. She wakes up from nap around 230, so 5 hours awake time seems to work for her. So if she takes a late nap, we will put her down a little later. But that doesn't mean she will sleep in.

37. Adira

@Smurfette: Thanks! I actually don't know when Xander falls asleep. He's usually in his crib by 7:30, but then I don't know what happens, haha.

38. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Adira: LO naps 12:30-2:30, goes to bed around 7:30pm and wakes up at 5:45am. Except this morning when she woke up at 4am. That was probably my own fault. I shut the furnace off yesterday and it was freezing this morning. I guess my pregnancy brain expected it to turn itself back on. She said she wasn't cold but I don't believe her poor girl.

39. Adira

@Corduroy: Sounds like a similar schedule to Xander, except that he used to sleep later - I have no idea why he's waking so early. And bummer about the freezing house, but I totally hear you on pregnancy brain!

40. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: We've been putting Pete to bed between 7-8pm recently, and he wakes up anywhere from 5-7am. His naps have been shorter recently too. I guess they are starting to need a little less sleep?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee