Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Summer 2012 Due Date Thread

1. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@HabesBabe: that picture is awesome! Er...I might actually need to try on said bathing suit before I try to actually consider going to the pool... There is no way I'm shelling out bucks for a maternity suit I may wear once or twice!

2. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

Woohoo! I'm excited to see a thread for all of us!

I'm due June 8th! I can't believe it's only 3 weeks away. Everything is ready for baby but I have a feeling I'll be late! Although, I did have the weirdest sharp pain when I got out of bed this morning...I had my internal exam yesterday so maybe it was the result of being poked around.

How's everyone feeling??

3. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@krsmall: oh gosh, I've been sleeping in my bra and undies...with a wet towel covering me lately lol. We don't have AC since it never gets that hot here (Seattle area) but it was 85 the other day...my toes were so swollen! At least my wedding band is still on though.

4. HabesBabe

grapefruit / 4400 posts

@mediagirl: I actually bought a maternity suit at Target for $40, and the returned it the next day. I have another one-piece that I can kiiiiiiiinda fit into, but that was last weekend (32 weeks). I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze into it at 37w! AHHHH

5. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

Found it! EDD 8/7 Glad to be chatting with all you lovely ladies.

6. Mrs. Cat in the Cradle

GOLD / kiwi / 613 posts

I'm due at the tail end of July and we don't have whole house AC. I'm going to be hiding in the bedroom from July 1st on!

7. Mrs. Cat in the Cradle

GOLD / kiwi / 613 posts

@HeatherlovesKenny: Maybe you will deliver on June 5th! That's a good day!

8. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

I am due on June 1st, but kind of hoping for an earlier arrival! I haven't even had a cervical check yet, but I'm hoping that at my appointment tomorrow morning they do one. I just want to know something. Like, any information at all about what's going on in there would be great!

9. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@krsmall: Yay! Glad to hear at least ONE good thing about having a summer baby since most people react with a look of pity. I hate people sometimes! hahaha

10. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@Mrs. Cat in the Cradle: Haha, how come? We're hoping she misses the 4th since that's our anniversary! The 1st is my birthday so that'd be a fun day to share but I just can't picture her coming early!

11. Mrs. Cat in the Cradle

GOLD / kiwi / 613 posts

@HeatherlovesKenny: The 5th is my birthday, and the 4th is my husband's. Good time of year!

12. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@banana: I think people just talk without thinking.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said "how are you doing?" with a look of concern on their face, I'd be rich. I'm like "fine, you?" I'm just pregnant not dying.

13. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Yay! A thread for us summer mommas!!!

I'm due June 21st - only a few days away from my one month countdown and I can't wait! As others have mentioned, I am very excited to be at home with a newborn whilst the Olympics are on. I love the Olympics and since I lived in London for several years (including the year they announced that London had won the games, one day before the tube bombings went off), it is even more special to me.

June is winter here (in Australia) and we just moved out of the tropics so I am LOVING the 'cold' weather! Now I just can't wait to start having a glass of red wine in the evenings once this little one is out!

14. mrs. wagon

blogger / watermelon / 14218 posts

@krsmall: hehe. I get both kinds: "how are you feeling??" with a bright shiny look on their face. This usually comes from experienced parents who know what the heck they are talking about. I answer "I'm good! Thanks for asking!" Then I get the "how are you doing" with the death look. Those are usually people who have never had kids. Lol. I usually answer "I'm fine, can't complain."

15. littlek

Is anyone else tired of their maternity clothes? Some of my current maternity clothes are getting too tight and I refuse to spend more money this late in the pregnancy. DH is like "let's go shopping." But I'm so over maternity clothes, when I fit into something non maternity (which is rare) I do a happy dance.

16. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Hi everyone. Nice to meet some new people and see some familiar faces from the WB Junebug Mamas board. Am due June 19, which means about 5w from now! Eek!

@krsmall: I'm SO tired of my maternity clothes. Seems like one minute, things fit....and the next, they don't. Also not willing to spend lots more money on clothes I'll only be wearing a bit longer. Am tired of my rotation of about 5 shirts, though! What's funny is that I've joked that if I were Jessica Simpson, I'd go out and create my own line since I'm also tired of seeing the same stripes and solids and meager selection everywhere I go. And now the fall mamas will get the option of wearing her clothes! Lucky!

17. mediagirl

@krsmall: so tired of getting dressed in general. All I want to wear these days are dresses and yoga pants because, well, nothing else fits!!!

@Ree723: Oh. A glass of red wine. I'm so looking forward to that!!

@HeatherlovesKenny: @meredithNYC: We're all due before the 10th of June. Let's hope for early deliveries for all of us!! As of Saturday, all of our babies are full term!!

I had my regular appt this week where they do the strep b test. I got to see the practice's midwife. She doesn't deliver anymore but she is a wealth of knowledge. She felt all around my belly and showed us where the feet, arms, back and head were- that was so cool! She also told me that I'm "engaged." Thank you, Baby H for engaging so soon, thus ensuring groin pain until you are here! Cervix is all high and tight, though. She did say she thinks by next week, things will be moving along!! I hope she's right...I would love to have this baby early. She said I'm "all baby" too, so I'm a good size and she "anticipates" (if I deliver on time) a 7-8lb baby. I'll take that with a grain of salt but, you never know!

18. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@mediagirl: Definitely hoping for an early-ish delivery! As of today, 2 centimeters dilated and 90% effaced, but I guess the baby is taking her time moving downward.

19. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Mrs. Cat in the Cradle: We have the same birthday!!

I'm also tired of dressing in general. Nothing fits other than maxi dresses. My legs are swollen all the way up my thighs now. Depressing.

20. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@krsmall: I am completely sick of maternity clothes! Since it's gotten warm here, it's been harder picking out something to wear since I only have 3 or 4 mat. shortsleeve shirts and only long pants! I only have three weeks left and I'll most likely wear yoga capri's and shorts while I'm at home with the newborn for the first month. Then I'll go out to buy new clothes...why spend anymore money on big maternity clothes when I'm SO close to wearing normal ones again?!

@mediagirl: Woot woot!! I can't believe any of us could have healthy babies any day now! My LO is expected to be the same weight, closer to 8.5 though (weight of DS when he was born). Even though I can handle 8 pounds, I'd love to think she'll be 7 and just slip right out!

@meredithNYC: Wow!! 90% and 2cm's? Lucky lady! This is my second and I'm barely .5cm even though I was hoping for 1-2 because I figured I've done this before and things would move along faster! Nope.

21. littlek

@meredithNYC: @HeatherlovesKenny: @mediagirl: Sounds like all of you guys are close! How exciting! Are you feeling any differently now that you are closer to your due date? Has your baby dropped? What does that feel like? Sorry for all the questions....

22. mediagirl

@krsmall: just more tired than normal. Also, having nausea after eating. My groin is hurting more, too but that's because of the baby's placement. Other than those things? Just feeling large. Honestly, I'm not sure what dropping means...my belly doesn't look any different, if that means anything.

23. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@krsmall: I would say that there's an increase in pelvic pressure, a little more mild cramping and strangely, I actually feel a slight bit of stretching/opening in my pelvic area. It's weird! And I definitely feel like the baby has dropped and it looks like my bump sits lower, but my doctor said she has a little ways to go still.

After my cervical check yesterday, I have had a little spotting, which is normal. However, (sorry, this is kind of gross) it is also kind of thick and mucus-y, so I'm wondering if that isn't my mucus plug starting to come out. I think if spotting lasts for more than 24 hours after the cervical check I'm supposed to check in w/ my doctor, so I might be giving them a call soon to figure out what's happening.

24. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@krsmall: I'm not feeling that different, some days I have a lot of energy but then next day my pelvic pressure will be so intense that I can't lift my legs to put on my pants so...DH has had to do it for me haha. I've dropped the slightest amount bit but I still have aways to go. With my first I didn't feel anything when I dropped, it was gradual and not all at once. There's just more pressure in that area and it was easier to breathe a little.

25. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

What is everyone doing this weekend? I'm planning on chaining myself to the AC for as much of the time as possible.

26. littlek

@plantains: hahaha.. that sounds awesome!

We have our birth class on saturday and maternity photo shoot on sunday. We are attending a birth class even though there is a big chance I will have a c section. I'm having another ultrasound at 36 weeks to estimate fetal weight and confirm if I need a c section. My doctor told me today that I'm a very petite woman to have an 9 pound baby.

27. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@krsmall: 9 pounds????? Holy smokes! I'm in awe.

Maternity shoot sounds liek a lot of fun. I never did get round to looking into that.

28. littlek

@plantains: That's just a guess based on my 25 week ultrasound results. DH and his 2 brothers all were 9 lbs plus. We are measuring at 89th percentile for height and weight.

29. HabesBabe

grapefruit / 4400 posts

@plantains: nothing exciting for us this weekend helping my mom with some house stuff (replacing switch plates for her lights), having the in-laws come over to check out our new windows, and i'm going to a 1 year-old's birthday party and a bridal shower on sunday.

i just went to gap maternity last weekend and scored 5 tops (2 body tank tops and 2 other tanks, plus a work blouse) on clearance for $40! i didn't want to spend any more money on maternity clothes, either, but i only had two tank tops and it's starting to get hot. OH, and i just ripped my khaki maternity skirt, so i have to get some other casual warm weather bottoms

30. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@plantains: I'm staying in this weekend since I'm on bedrest to lower my blood pressure, I can't really do anything without DH home and he's working all weekend.
    But, my dad is coming over tomorrow to clean and prep some meals to freeze for after baby (yes, my dad is a total housewife--he is way better at cooking and cleaning than my mom!) so I'll be happy to spend time with him.
    I might do some online last minute baby shopping but we'll see. Bedrest=boring life!

31. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@plantains: Hope the AC is nice and refreshing! It's already late Saturday afternoon here but we spent most of the day at DH's parents storage unit pilfering furniture/household items (with their permission of course) as they've moved back to the UK and have left most of their stuff here. It was exhausting but very productive! Tomorrow we're hitting up Greek Festival as I have been craving some haloumi and souvlaki...mmm!

@krsmall: A maternity shoot sounds like so much fun! I half-heartedly looked into it but then never got around to actually booking anything. Hope it's a lot of fun and your pics turn out well!

32. mediagirl

@HeatherlovesKenny: how long are you on bed rest? Is it until the end or just until your BP comes down? Cool that your dad cooks! My Dad? He's so clueless in the kitchen, it makes me laugh.

@HabesBabe: nice score on the clothes! I hate buying more maternity stuff this late, too. Early on I bought 4 tanks from old Navy - best decision I have made on maternity clothes! I'm living in the on the weekend and at night.

@krsmall: enjoy your birth class - I hope you get lots of massages from your husband! That was my favorite part of class.

This weekend - we're decorating the nursery and I'll finally feel done. There's a festival I want to go to, as well if I can manage it. Last night we walked around Walmart for an hour or so and I felt miserable afterwards. Took a bath which felt great and sat in there until I was pruney. Fell asleep at 11:30 and woke up at 4 with back pain. I've been on the lazyboy ever since. Late pregnancy blows.

33. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@plantains: We're having a maternity photo shoot today, which would normally be awesome, but I've been battling a cold that won't go away, so am feeling all that great. Tomorrow, we have a breathing/relaxation/labor positions class. Otherwise, just relaxing. Hope you have a great weekend!

34. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@krsmall: Ha! I just noticed that we have almost the same weekend, except your photo shoot is Sun. and class is Sat. Have fun!

35. Ms.SK

apricot / 498 posts

Hi everyone! This thread is great. I am expecting twins a boy and a girl. Sice due dates with twins are kind of a joke I just say they'll be here at the right time . I am 30 weeks so we hope they stay cooking until 32 weeks at least. I am pretty sure we'll make it.

It's been a long road so far so if anyone needs some support for almost any pregnant issue I am here to help: ) I try and stay positive about it all.

36. littlek

@pregnantbee: Hahaha that's funny. How was your photo shoot?

I enjoyed the childbirth class, I'm a lot less scared of labor now.

@Ms.SK: Congratulations on the twins! Are you on bedrest? My best friend had twin girls and she ended up on bedrest towards the end of her pregnancy but ended up having 2 pretty big babies.

@HeatherlovesKenny: Sorry about the bedrest. Any idea you have to stay on bedrest? That's great your dad is able to help out!

@HabesBabe: I'm loving gap maternity. I got some awesome yoga pants and they are the most.comfortable.pants.EVER!!

37. littlek

My computer cut some words off...
    @HeatherlovesKenny: Any idea how long you are on bedrest? One of my friends has been on bedrest since 13 weeks.

38. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@krsmall: Photo shoot was a lot of fun! I think we got some great shots, and I can't wait to see them. Glad to hear the birth class helped you feel less nervous. I'm hoping we'll learn something about coping with pain during labor tomorrow. Have a good rest of the weekend and enjoy your shoot tomorrow!

39. Ms.SK

apricot / 498 posts

@krsmall yes I'm on bedrest since 22 weeks because my cervix was funneling. I also have low iron (I get iron infusions 2x a week) and they just found GD so I have to test 4x a day. The list keeps going. But the babies are really doing well!

40. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@mediagirl: & @krsmall: I'm not sure how long bed rest will continue, I think it's however long my BP is elevated. But honestly, it's been kind of nice to make myself take it easy. I've only been on full bed rest for a week though lol so I'll probably go crazy in a few days

My pillow fort is no longer working at night! My pelvic pain was so intense last night paired with cramping--I thought I had to be in labor. So I'm just going to sleep in our recliner chair...otherwise I really don't think I could make it 3 more weeks!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee