My LO is a literal troll. At playdates/playgrounds/any play space she is sharing with other children, she will stand in front of the slide, or in the doorway of the playhouse, or whatever item she has deemed "hers" in the 2 minutes we have been there, and she will yell, "NOOOO!" loudly at any kid that dares to try to play. Sometimes she will even run over from something else occupying her to reclaim the slide if she sees a kid approach it.

All the parents immediately stare at her/me so I will go over right away, calmly but firmly take her aside, get on her level and say something like, "That was not nice to yell. This is for sharing. It's time to share and have fun with friends!" She really doesn't seem to care.

Yesterday based on some advice in another thread I sprinkled in: "See that it made your friend sad that you yelled at him? If you play nice, he will be happy!" She didn't seem to get that or care.

I've also tried to prompt her: "Don't say, 'No!' Say, 'Come on, guys! Let's play!'" When I do that she does usually parrot it but then will be back to the trolling in a few minutes.

I intentionally take her to environments where she can socialize with other kids almost every day. I'm trying to set up more of a routine so hopefully she will start seeing the same kids at the same places and make friends but we just moved so it will be a process.

Unfortunately, she usually ends up playing by herself which she is happy to do, and I know that is pretty common at this age. And honestly I prefer it to the trolling. I just wish her only interactions with other kids were not yelling at them! (That's not exactly true. Sometimes she does talk to and try to hug other kids... but it usually is on "neutral" turf when she's not focused on protecting her many beloved objects.)

I've wondered if I should help her navigate the situations and be more proactive - going with her to introduce herself to other kids and find something they can play together. But no other parents really do that and I don't want to be a helicopter.

Thoughts?