My MIL asked what I wanted for my 30th birthday and I said, "Money! We're pinching pennies since they cut back DH's hours, and our apartment is too small to add much more to it."

When I opened my birthday card, I found two $100 eBay Gift Cards. I thanked her, because that's the way I was raised, and my DH said, "You don't have an eBay account, do you?" and I stammered, "Uh, no...I've never shopped on eBay." My MIL then exclaimed that I'd find all sorts of things on there that I'd like. It's the thought that counts, right?

So, the bottom line is that the gift cards are non-refundable. And to be honest, I don't like eBay. I just don't like the competitive nature of it. And as I said...and MIL should know...our finances are way too tight to spend $200 on random things on eBay.

The problem with selling them is, it seems like people would assume it was a scam of some sort. Maybe Craig's List? Any other ideas? Should I just swallow hard and try to find something on there to spend it on? What would you do?