DD is 3.5 and used to be a champ at pooping. We're talking anywhere from 1-3 times a day with no issues. For the past month or two, she has been refusing to go and I can tell she's holding it even when she has the urge. I think she's figured out how to hold it long enough and then eventually that urge just goes away.

She keeps saying she is afraid it will hurt and doesn't seem to understand that it will hurt more the longer she holds it. I'm also concerned that it is affecting her health in some way. She's only been going about once a week and that's because we use the glycerin suppository on her (which only makes things more traumatic)

Did anyone's LO go through something similar? Any advice or suggestions would be great. We've tried everything from bribing her with candy and screen time to sitting in the bathroom encouraging her, but nothing seems to work. Lately she gets upset whenever we even mention it. I would love for her to get past this phase and be back on a regular schedule. Thanks in advance!