My daughter is four next month and in the last couple weeks has started to refuse to do anything for herself. She is normally very independent and opinionated, so I don't know what to do with this.

For example, one of the most frustrating things lately is that she announces she has to pee but then won't even walk herself to the bathroom. She demands to be carried, and then won't pull down her pants/sit on the toilet/wipe, anything (even though she is fully capable). She had a screaming fit and refused to walk from school to the car yesterday, saying she was too tired. She won't get in the car unless someone puts her in. She climbed up into her chair for dinner last night, realized she had done it herself and then immediately climbed back out, laid on the floor and yelled that she needed someone to put her in the chair. And my favorite, yesterday she wanted to play with playdough, but instead of actually playing, she just wanted me to play with it, and her tell me what to do. When I declined, she lost it. It was literally 3 hours of crying and screaming yesterday over the stupid playdough.

I am 33 weeks pregnant and just can't pick her up and carry her right now. I don't know if this is some reaction to the impending arrival of the baby, but it's very unusual for her and super frustrating for me. Every attempt to get her to do something herself or compromise is met with hysterics. Help me!!