Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

any december 2013 mommies yet?

1. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

Quick update! Baby girl was born in record time. I am in shock that she was almost 3 weeks early and cannot believe how fast it all went. Less than one hour of contractions, just a few pushes and it was all over! She looks so much like her brother and I'm just enamoured. We are doing fine and trying to rest. She has been very sleepy so far, so I haven't been able to nurse yet. We still haven't decided on a name! I'll try to do a birth story sometime soon. In the meantime, best wishes to all of you for the next few days or weeks!

2. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@lamariniere: Congratulations! Welcome baby girl! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

3. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

@lamariniere: congratulations!! So happy you are all doing well.

4. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lamariniere: congrats!!! So happy for you, and yay for an easy labor! Can't believe we were worried about me having a November baby and it was your girl who jumped the gun and snuck in in time!! Hope you are enjoying your family

5. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

Oh wow, congratulations!

6. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Just popping in from November...

@lamariniere: Congrats mama!

@jaypegs: I had SPD during my second pregnancy. It started early when I was still in the first tri and got progressively worse. I brought it up to the midwife (not my regular one) during the 2nd tri and she was sort of dismissive and said she could refer my to PT it I wanted, but it didn't always help. I decided to see how things went first. Shortly after I broke my foot and the pain transferred so my SPD went unnoticed for awhile. A few weeks before I delivered and my foot stopped hurting my SPD was back in full force. I needed to bite down on a pillow or a blanket to get up at night and I couldn't spread my legs at all. It was one of the factors that contributed to us deciding on inducing at 40 w (I was most likely going to end up with an induction at 41w anyway and I'm really glad we induced when we did since DD had the cord wrapped around her neck). I'm 9 days pp and I still have SPD pain but it is not as bad as before. Hang in there! You are in the home stretch!! Sorry I don't have any real advice except delivering should help and just that I had a similar experience with the midwife I spoke with concerning my pain. ((Hugs))

7. beesknees

cherry / 115 posts

CONGRATULATIONS!! how exciting and fast!

8. PurplePeony

pomegranate / 3113 posts

@lamariniere: Congratulations!!! Wow, that was so fast! I'm so happy for you that everything went smoothly -- but also a little in disbelief that you were due 2 days before me and already have your baby!

9. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@anbanan15: Thank you!!! This was so helpful to read! I thankfully have improved dramatically, but still haven't gotten over my frustration with the way it was handled by my OB. Even though the pain is manageable now, I'm really looking forward to feeling more normal once I deliver. I appreciate hearing your story so much - it's nice to know someone understands!

10. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

Ultrasound/appointment today. The tech didn't even turn the screen so I could see! But Hubs and Mom day I didn't miss much. They guess 8lbs 4oz - so a little big, but not alarmingly so. Appointment was okay, but my cervix is still only a little soft. Baby doesn't seem to be any rush! Due date is on Sunday, and I'm scheduled for a NST on the 12th if needed. Last day of work on Thursday!

11. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@jaypegs: yay for your last day of work tomorrow!! and i have to say, i've had weekly ultrasounds the past 6 weeks, and while i love any opportunity to see little girl, it's hard to get any good looks at this stage - she's so cramped in there that even if she moves her hands from her face, she's all squished and funny looking haha. But you'll get to see baby on the outside so soon! 8lb 4oz doesn't sound so big...sounds pretty much on target for almost at your due date! the weight also might be a little off at this stage.

12. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

Hi mamas! Just wanted to stop by and share that baby was born Dec 2nd. She is doing great. I'm doing ok..just a lot more aches and soreness this time. She was born via c section, only 8 days early. Good luck to the rest of the December mommies!!

13. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@mynoahbear: congratulations! Glad to hear all is going well, and I hope the soreness eases soon!

14. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

@mynoahbear: Congrats! December 2 is my birthday, too.

@jaypegs: Yay, last day of work! I'm sure baby will come in her own time, and hopefully you'll get a little time to relax before she gets here.

15. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@mynoahbear: congrats! I wish you a speedy recovery! Enjoy that sweet baby girl!

16. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mynoahbear: congrats!!!! Enjoy your daughter would love to hear a little about your recovery...was this a planned or emergency c?

17. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

@Pirouette: it was planned due to previous c/s. I'm sure part of the difference in recovery is because I'm in a different country. When I gave birth in tokyo, it was encouraged to try to move and walk as soon as possible. So I was pretty much mobile from as soon as I had feelings back in my legs. The soreness and pain seemed much more tolerable last time. This time around, I'm in Beijing. I wasn't allowed out of bed for the first 24 hours after my c section. That definitely slowed down the recovery process. I'm much slower just moving around because the pain feels so much worse.

18. PurplePeony

pomegranate / 3113 posts

@mynoahbear: congratulations! I hope your recovery starts to speed up now that you can be mobile. Hope your LO is doing well!

19. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mynoahbear: wow that sucks! I wonder what the reasoning is behind making you stay in bed - everything I've heard supports what they did with your first c - get up as soon as you are able! I hope things have gotten a little easier!

20. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

@PurplePeony: thanks so much. We're doing great. My doctor let me go home a day early and I feel so much better now. How are you and baby doing?

21. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

@Pirouette: I know right? My doctor, who is German and head of the OB department, even said he tried to change all that but the hospital said no. Now that I'm home and can relax and move around freely, I feel so much better. Oh well...TIC (this is China).

22. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@mynoahbear: congratulations! glad to hear you are feeling better!

23. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

Ugh, 3 hours in L&D to tell me that, no, my water hadn't broke. I was sure it had, and was actually worried that I should have gone in yesterday. Oops!

And my cervix still isn't doing anything - I think baby is going to take his/her time!

@mynoahbear: Glad you're home and things are going better! Being stuck in bed for 24 hours would have driven me bananas!

24. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

@mrsmate: thank you! How are you feeling? Do you think baby will stay put until the due date?

25. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

@jaypegs: oh no.... why did it take so long for them to tell your water hadn't broke?
    Yeah, the whole not moving after the c section was really strange.

26. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@mynoahbear: My doctor had to come in and do it, and she couldn't make it in any sooner. It's really confusing to me because this morning I called the office to say that I thought it might have broken, but that I wasn't sure. Her assistant consulted with the doctor and they told me to just go into L&D. Maybe they wanted me on the monitors? At least I didn't have anything that really needed to get done today!

27. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@mynoahbear: with my luck, probably. DD1 was 8 days late, I'd be thrilled if this one came on time. Earlier the better!

28. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mynoahbear: thats so crazy, I can't believe they have that policy!

@jaypegs: sounds frustrating aren't you due this weekend? Hope you have some progress soon!

29. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@Pirouette: yup, I'm due Sunday! Good memory! Seems likely I'll be late because nothing seems to be happening.

I was just glad it was really watery discharge and not pee!

30. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@lamariniere: have you picked a name yet?

31. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@jaypegs: If it makes you feel better, I've gone in twice thinking my water had broken and it was just really watery discharge as well.

38+3 weeks, and I have absolutely no clue what my body is doing right now. My last appointment I had a growth scan and baby boy measuring at 36 weeks, but the midwife and ultrasound tech didn't seem too concerned. I've been having some back pain and cramping the last few days, so fingers crossed my body is starting to do something. I have my 39 week check on Wednesday, and this time I will request an internal check and membrane strip if I'm dilated at all. Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll already be in labor!

32. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@mrsdoily: Thanks! Fingers crossed you'll hear good news Wednesday!

33. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

Had bloody show this morning, and I've been contracting about every 6-12 minutes since. To think I was all Eeyore yesterday about how I was going to be sooooooo overdue because nothing was happening!

Kind of an inconvenient day, since we're getting part of our sewer main replaced this afternoon, but too excited to care!!

34. PurplePeony

pomegranate / 3113 posts

@jaypegs: Yay!! Best wishes for a smooth L&D! Can't wait to hear all about Baby Jaypegs

35. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

Clark Edward was born last night at 9:11 pm. He was indeed a big baby, at 9 pounds, 2.8 ounces, and 21 inches long! I woke up with bloody show at 5:30 and was contracting by 6am. Labored at home until my scheduled OB appointment at 2:50, and when they checked me I was 4cm, 80%, so they sent me to the hospital. Got here around 4, and after I got admitted, spent about two hours in the tub. I got to almost 7cm, when I asked for an epi. They only had one anesthesiologist at the time, and he was busy helping someone else, so it took him forever. When they sat me up for him to prep my back, I complained about pressure, so they checked me and I was a 9! I figured since I was pretty much through transition anyway, I'd just go for it without the meds (which was my original plan!). They called in my OB, and I started pushing not long after she got here. I ended up with two surface level lacerations in my vagina/labia, but no tearing - everyone kept commenting on how unusually stretchy I was, which is especially funny in retrospect!

Breastfeeding is going well, but I feel like I really need about two extra hands. He's still in the sleepy phase, so pretty easy going. I'm pretty sore and swollen, but getting by.

It's an amazing thing, and I'm so excited for all of the rest of you still ahead!

36. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@jaypegs: CONGRATS! I love his name too. I also didn't get an epi since the anesthesiologist arrived right when I was fully dilated. Enjoy your little man!

37. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@jaypegs: Congratulations, sounds like you did awesome! Clark Edward is a great name.

38. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@jaypegs: yayyy congrats!!! Love the name that's seriously impressive that you didn't even get the epi and he was pretty big!! Hope you are recovering well and soaking up all those first moments with your little one!!

39. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

@jaypegs Congrats! What a great name.

All these birth stories are making me feel sooooo ready to go (I'm 38+5 right now), but I'm trying not to dwell on it too much, just in case baby decides to take her time.

40. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@lamariniere: @mrsmate: @Pirouette: @sosaysmegan: thank you!

Having a challenging day! Last night he latched every half hour or so between 11pm and 6am, which was so exhausting. Then, my milk started to come in, and he decided not to latch all afternoon, presumably because the tissue was so swollen. I ended up pumping and giving him bottles, which I adamantly did not want to do and even cried over (yay hormones!), but we've had a ton of snugly skin to skin time with much better sleeping since. He'd been refusing to snuggle with me because he was frustrated he was hungry and my boobs weren't doing it for him.

Still the best thing I've ever done though!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee