Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

any december 2013 mommies yet?

1. mynoahbear

pear / 1554 posts

@jaypegs: congratulations!! Wow, I'm truly impressed you did it all without the epi. I love his name too. Hope your recovery is quick. Get some rest mama! Congrats!!

2. PurplePeony

pomegranate / 3113 posts

@jaypegs: congrats on little Clark! What a cutie. I hear you on breast feeding challenges -- at first, A was super sleepy because she was jaundiced, and it would take me a full 2 hours to rouse her enough to eat. And then I had the somehow get my boob around her little hands. And then she'd fall asleep on the boob (only the left, she refused the right for the first few days). Now she's switched preferences. Plus, she quite often unlatches after three or four sucks and then I have to convince her to latch again while she's raging mad. Add in a forceful letdown and some engorgement and it's all fun times. It's getting better during the daytime but nights are still pretty disastrous... That said, hang in there! We and our LOs can do it, i just keep telling myself it's a learning curve. I hope things start to look up for you soon!

3. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@jaypegs: I love the picture! Thanks for sharing! It's amazing how they can lift their heads for a few seconds like that. To both you and @PurplePeony: good luck with the breastfeeding. With my fist baby the breastfeeding was definitely the most challenging part of being a new mom.

4. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

I'm miserable. Today I'm 39+3. At my appt I was 0% effaced, 0 dilated, and all she would say is that baby is head down but nothing about him being engaged in any sense. My hips are killing me, my ankles/feet are swelling, and my acne is getting out of freaking control. And most of the midwives are telling me to expect to go overdue and probably to induction, which won't happen until 12/28...two weeks. Ugh.

5. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@mrsdoily: I'm with you. I haven't had any internal exams yet (I'm 38wks today) but I'm so sick of being pregnant. And I hate myself for feeling that way bc we had to do IUI and I should just feel lucky to be having a baby.

Yesterday I made a big pot of curry and bought two fresh pineapples. The inside of my mouth is already stinging from eating half a pineapple! Hang in there.

ETA: My OB also said I have a decent chance of going past my due date. With DD1 I had an induction scheduled for 41+3, but she came on her own at 41+1. I don't know what I'm going to do if I have to be pregnant for another 3 weeks!

6. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@mrsdoily: @mrsmate: hang in their ladies! It's all so worth it in the end. Sending good vibes your way for these last few days (and hopefully not weeks!).

7. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@mrsmate: I've been eating the pineapple...until it gave me a canker sore. I've been using EPO for the last few weeks, I'm about to start taking it orally as well to see if that helps. Spicy food just gives me wicked heartburn and takes away from what little sleep I already get. I've been living on my gym ball bouncing and doing hula hoop circles on it. I just wish I could tell if baby has any interest in engaging. I know labor can come on suddenly and without warning, but I'm just feeling so discouraged. I'm still debating on whether or not to even have an internal check this week in case nothing is still happening. I'm afraid if there is nothing, I'm going to have a breakdown then and there. But if something is happening then I can have her do a sweep. I have until Wednesday to decide I guess.

And at the very least, the end of my work is in sight. I decided to keep working until I either popped or Winter break started, that starts after this week, so fingers crossed he comes during the week, lol, otherwise only 5 days.

8. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

@mrsdoily: I was only "flared" (I don't really know what that means, but I don't think it was promising) at 39+5, but went into labor at 40+1, and had him 15 hours later, so hang in there! I know how hard it is, and I felt like he would neeeeeever come as well.

@PurplePeony: @lamariniere: thanks for the breastfeeding support!

C wasn't having enough wet diapers at our first appointment on Friday, so we were sent home with instructions to fill him up, then pump and give him that too. And, if he hadn't peed by 8pm to call immediately. Thankfully, he got one in before the deadline. Saturday I got so much in him that he peed 10 times! We had another weigh in and he'd gained two ounces - he'd been down really close to 10% on Friday. He's still not having poopy diapers though, none since Thursday, so that's still a concern.

I had the nurse check on Saturday and he has a slight tongue tie. The doctor will probably clip it on Monday, and hopefully that will help nursing be less painful and C be more efficient. He's eaten 11 times already today! While I'm happy to nurse on demand, he gets tired easily and falls asleep and doesn't seem to be getting all of the way full. But I'm just happy he's back to nursing, and only taking bottles to supplement after a session.

9. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@mrsdoily: omg you're not kidding about pineapple and canker sores. I just ate an entire pineapple and it feels like someone scrubbed down the inside of my mouth with sandpaper. I am going to move on to eggplant.

I walked 2mi (r/t to the post office to pick up a package) yesterday, and DH got kind of mad at me. "What were you thinking in your condition?"

10. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

@mrsmate: Right? Goodness!!! I ::think:: I've been having small amounts of contractions through the day yesterday and today, so fingers crossed something is going on and there is some progress tomorrow at my appointment. I notice they get stronger the more I'm on my feet and doing stuff!

I wish it was nice enough to walk here, but with the snow on the ground and the cold temperatures, it's just not!

11. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

@mrsdoily: wow, hope those are real contractions! it's actually not nice enough to walk around here either, it was really icy yesterday after snowing Sunday, and it's snowing pretty hard right now (going to get 6-8"). He was right, it was pretty stupid of me to go for a walk.

12. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

Update! I went to my appointment as scheduled and was induced that night due to developing pre-e. It was a 31 1/2 hour labor with 3 1/2 hours of pushing, but baby came healthy!!! We have had a lot of trials and bumps in the road so far, but I'm loving being a mother! I will update more later, but wanted to introduce baby E!

13. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@mrsdoily: congrats! Such a handsome little guy!

14. kinandheart

apple seed / 3 posts

Hello ladies! I was actually technically a January 2014 mommy (due January 3rd) but little man decided he wanted to come early and I just gave birth to him on Christmas Eve. So I guess I'm considered a December mommy now lol.

Nice to meet you all!

15. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@kinandheart: welcome and congrats! My little lady showed up on the last day of November almost 3 weeks ahead of her due date, but I'm still sticking with the December mamas

16. jaypegs

cherry / 120 posts

Congratulations @mrsdoily and @kinandheart! So much fun seeing everyone report in on their new babies!

17. mrsmate

persimmon / 1081 posts

Congrats everybody! Even though I went into labor in December, I ended up becoming a January mama. DD2 made her entrance in the first hour of the new year, only 3 days late (her sister was 8 days late).

The only dramatic part about labor was that DH was not around for most of it. When I had to go to the hospital, DH and DD1 were on their way home from work/daycare by subway, so I couldn't get thru to them. Once they were home DH somehow called me wo checking his messages, so just sat at home for hours not knowing I was at the hospital. He did make it, thank goodness. Driving while in labor was surprisingly relaxing, bc it gave me something to focus on!

DD2 is doing great except for a touch of jaundice. She is calmer than her sister, but I think some of that is just that I'm calmer, too.

I think I will stick w this board, too, as DD2 is already here and most of the January babies are still waiting to be born.

Happy new year everyone!

18. lamariniere

pineapple / 12566 posts

@mrsmate: congratulations on a New Years baby! I'm glad your husband made it! I'm experiencing the same thing with my DD being very calm. I don't know how much if that is her and how much of it is me not freaking out as a FTM

19. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@mrsmate: congrats!!! What a way to ring in the new year!

Hope everyone is doing well in adjusting to motherhood (or mother-of-twohood haha) so far! We're doing really well, she is perfect, and I'm healing well from my c section. Just wishing I could at some point get some sleep! But I'm guessing she'll start sleeping longer stretches eventually. Can't believe she'll be 3 weeks tomorrow!!

20. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@kinandheart: welcome and congrats on a Xmas baby!!!!

21. MrsCastro

persimmon / 1491 posts

Hi ladies...I had my sweet boy on 12/29. My water broke on Saturday at 11am Saturday and I wasn't sure. Was finally admitted into the hospital at 8pm that might my Lukas came at 11:48am Sunday 12/29. DH and I are head over heels in love.

22. sosaysmegan

olive / 65 posts

Yes, she's been here nearly a month...but I'm sure you all know how hectic this first month can be! Claire Louise made her debut on December 14, and we could not be more in love with her. The full birth story (in which I received an unplanned Royal Sampler of drugs due to developing pre-e) is at http://wp.me/pX1tp-jq.

While there are (of course!) so many surprises, being a mother is every but as thrilling, rewarding, and challenging as I'd expected it to be!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee