Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @JennyLayneAZ: you guys!!! DH and I are talking about trying again, but I am in grad school, so I need my due date to be either July or August of next year, or after January of 2019. So we are going to try in September and October, otherwise wait until after March next year. Complicated, I know

@autumnleaves: OMG! I am so sorry your LO is having such a rough time with daycare! My heart goes out to you, sick babies are hard on the heart. Right now we are lucky enough to have 2 grandma's covering babysitting duties, but when we do have another LO I think 2 will be too much, so DD may need to do daycare 1 or 2 days a week.

2. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: totally understandable. I really would like to avoid an August birthday (waaay too many birthdays in August around here lol) but other than that I don't have anything to avoid.

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: just curious, have you thought about whether you'd like to try for a vbac or a repeat c section? I keep going back and forth (if I get pregnant and have a choice). I think a repeat c would be nice in terms of having P taken care of, but I know (or hear, rather) that a vbac would be an easier/faster recovery....and then I worry about the same issues with delivery that lead to the c section in the first place. Anyway, just wanted to get that all out there I guess LOL

3. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I was really concerned about getting cleared for a VBAC (my new doc did), but a RCS seems like such a good option too.

Here's my pro/con list. Pro RCS- I know what the surgery is like, expectation for milk production, and a good recovery. Con- I hear women have healing complications the second time around, scheduled cesarean means picking baby's bday. I am still sore that LO's bday was forced on him.

For VBAC Pro- get to feel contractions, oppty for unmedicated birth Con- possible tearing, shoulder dystocia risk. People say every pregnancy is different and I am hoping the optimal way to give birth will reveal itself, so I am going to give myself the flexibility to decide at the last minute LOL

If cesarean is the way to go I will work with/ seek out doctors to have more zen OR experience.

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hey mommas! Any updates? LO turned 18 months on Tuesday but her appointment isn't until the 23rd.

Question for you guys: Are your LO's talking? Mine is not. I'm wondering if I should be concerned? She doesn't have any more words than she did a few months ago. I try not to worry, as I was a late talker, but I worry anyway. lol

5. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: dd2 just turned 18 months yesterday and she is talking a ton. It’s really crazy to us because dd1 didn’t talk (like almost at all) until she turned 2. I would try not to worry too much and just bring it up at your appt. my experience with dd1 was that once she hit 2 and started talking, she never stopped.

6. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: same as @MrsRoo: my guy turned 18 months today and I am blown away by his talking. BUT his big brother seriously did not talk until at least 2. I remember being worried but one day it just happened! I would not worry I think there is a wide range of “normal”.

7. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

DS2 has a lot more words at this age than DS1. Unfortunately my little guy is sick again. He has been coughing all day and has a runny nose too. He has had 1 double ear infection since getting the tubes. I feel so bad for him and would love to see the day he is not sick all the time.

8. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MrsRoo: @bloved: @autumnleaves: thanks ladies. Maybe its because she isn't around other kids that often. She "talks" a lot, just not saying any words that make sense to us yet LOL (other than mama, dada, and Ya LOL) I've heard her say a few things and ask my husband, did she just say xyz? and he agrees, but then she doesn't repeat it again after that. So, we're just waiting.

@autumnleaves: sorry your LO is sick again Mine's been having a cold/cough off and on for about a 6 weeks now. The dr sent us home with a nebulizer and a million boxes of Albuterol, so every time she starts coughing again I give her a breathing treatment. She's slept with the humidifier on for about 2 months now (with the Vicks vapor stuff in it).

9. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Hey ladies!! LO will be 18 months tomorrow. We are going to celebrate is half birthday with a pumpkin swirl brownie.

This week I had a parent-teacher meeting at his daycare. One of things he was measured against was having a 200 word vocabulary. Only one child in his class knows that many words and is talking up a storm. I haven't counted how many mine knows, but for the most part he uses the words he knows to request things (ex book/ we are trying to teach him to say read) or confirm something (ex shoes, if I tell him we are going outside).

I'm blown away by what he comprehends that I am not worried that he isn't a chatterbox. What I find funny is that mama was his second word and he's completely stopped saying it. I guess since he's my shadow he doesn't have the need to call me. When it comes to clarity of sounds he does better with b/c/k and for some reason two syllables like elbow.

10. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: jeesh, 200 words? Good grief. That pumpkin swirl brownie sounds awesome though LOL

Well, the Dr isn't concerned about her lack of words yet. He said by 2 she should have 10-20 words. So, we still have time. Everything else is looking good. Her growth is good. Here are her stats for 18 months:

23 lbs 8 oz (60%)
    35 in (um, she's off the charts for her height )
    18 1/2" head circumference (75%)

11. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

LO’s 18 mos stats... he’s a little chunky. 🤔

Weight 27 lbs 8 oz (88%)
    Height 33” (74%)
    Head Circ 19.75” (95%) 😧

Taking him to the doctor this time was the worse. He wouldn’t sit still while we waited and didn’t want to go on the table at all for the exam. I’m so glad we don’t have to go back until he’s 2. So far so good on the behavior signs.

From an interest standpoint LO is a foracious reader, well listener. He’s not as interested in Teddy Ruxpin unless his talking Elmo is on at the same time. 😩

12. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: awww

The only part of the exam I really had a hard time with w/ P was weighing her. She really does not want to be on that scale LOL I was actually pretty pleasantly surprised with how she did at this check up. Since the last few times we went to the dr she was sick, she would cry (ie scream) as soon as we walked to the back from the waiting room and not calm down until we left. So, I can handle a little bit of grumpiness while weighing her LOL Her weight was a good estimated guess...the nurse said she saw that number pop up twice between wiggles and cries so we went with it lol

She's got a killer tooth coming in right now, so she wouldn't wear her costume today. I'm so sad

13. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

Hi guys! Any BFPs yet? We are waiting until April to try again for #2.

DD is really starting to talk up a storm, and she is such a little person! I look at her baby pictures and it's almost hard for my brain to compute they are the same person!

Any potty training happening? I would love for that to happen by fall so I can enroll her in 2 year old pre school at the YMCA by us.

14. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: howdy! We aren't trying yet. I guess we're kinda in the air right now on whether we will or not, or when. My mom ended up having surgery in November, and she needs to have surgery on both knees but she's putting it off. So, we need to prepare to pay for two in daycare.

Last week my mom strained a muscle in her back, so our care went out the window. DH took off Monday, I took her with me for half days in the office on Tuesday & Wednesday, then Thursday our drop off daycare said they had a spot for her, so I dropped her off and got called back before I was even half way to work to pick her back up because she threw up. (FYI she wasn't sick, just mad!) Then I took her into work with me again, DH came and picked her up about an hour later, and I took Friday off. It was a nightmare!

So, this week I'm searching for somewhere to enroll her part time so that she gets used to going to daycare, and to take some of the burden off my mom.

So for now, we're on hold.

We are not potty training yet. She's not talking yet. It's really starting to stress me out! She of course says mama & dada and makes a bunch of noise, but other than that she's said Hi and that's about it. We're working on doggy right now. Her pedi said she should have about 20 words by 2. Well, I know she could have a language explosion, but at this point I'm doubting we'll be at that point by 2 Of course, DH and I were both late talkers. But you know, worry, guilt, comparisons....blah.

ok I feel like I've rambled enough LOL

15. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@rockinghorse: @JennyLayneAZ: I was just thinking of coming to this board to check in when I saw y’all posted.
    Does anyone else have the problem of their little one always taking off shoes, socks, slippers? We are always putting his shoes and socks on in the car when we get to school because if we do it sooner he takes them off and throws them in the car. Today I decided to see if he understood what I was saying - I put the shoes and socks on at home and told him he would get a treat if he kept them on in the car. Before we are even out of the garage one shoe is off. Then we get to school and I can’t find that shoe or sock in the car. 10 minutes later I find them in the front. Ugh.
    He is verbal - I think he has a few 2 word sentences but still not calling me mama much.
    I catch him pooping in his diaper and we talk about it but I am not planning to potty train him till later in the year. DS1 was successfully trained at 2.75 years so I am aiming for that with DS2.
    He has become a more picky eater - won’t eat vegetables. At least he likes meat, dairy, and fruit.
    It is nice to see him playing with his big brother more. I see a lot of wrestling in their future too.

16. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@autumnleaves: LO will take her socks & shoes off sometimes, but its getting better. She actually likes putting on her shoes since it means we're going somewhere (or just outside) but she doesn't like to just wear them for no reason (like in the car lol).

P is a SUPER picky eater. I literally can not think of any food that she will just eat if I give it to her. It's completely hit or miss

My loose plan for potty training is when she starts talking and understanding more, then we'll try lol I'd like to have her trained before 3, and other than that I'm trying not to stress too much about it yet (although, it would be awesome not to change her diaper anymore lol)

17. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

April 2016 babes are turning TWO! Time flies! Share pics, updates, bday plans... 🎈🎈🎈 Anyone going to become a big bro or sister this year?

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I'm sad that I didn't know about this community when I was pregnant with my son, so I missed out on this board. But my son will be 2 on the 5th, he's just huge, and talking so much now and figuring everything around him out. Hopefully he will be a big brother soon (December if this month works, early next year if not) we've been TTC #2 since right after his 1st birthday.

19. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I get so excited when I see new posts here! lol I'm unsure on birthday plans for P this year...we were just going to go to the park and have some cake, but now DH wants to have an actual party. So I don't know, but we better get a plan together soon since her bday is in two weeks We're still not trying for #2 yet, so I don't know if its even going to happen at all for us. DH will be 41 next month, and I'm 35 now, so its not like we have all the time in the world to get ready. I'm ready lol but it takes two.

@Sams Mom: Welcome Good luck on your journey for #2!!!

P still isn't talking. I have a feeling that speech therapy is in our future. Her 2 year appointment is on 4/23, so we'll find out then I suppose. She's been going to daycare twice a week since 2/14/18. I was hoping being around other toddlers would jump start her speech, but it hasn't yet.

20. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: how’s your little man doing??

Our baby factory is closed, so no big sister plans. But dd1s bday is 6 days later and is turning 5, which feels like a big deal, so we are doing a joint party for the girls. Moana themed and Maui and Moana are going to come visit.

DD2 will turn 2 on the 18th and is a little chatter box. She wants to do everything big sister is doing and likes to sit on the potty, but is hit or miss with actually going.

@Sams Mom: welcome! What a little cutie! Good luck with TTC #2!

@JennyLayneAZ: hopefully you’ll get some guidance at your appt. dd1 literally barely said 5 words at her 2nd birthday and now will just not stop talking.

This is her discovering that her shorts had pockets on Easter.

21. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MrsRoo: OMG shes adorable!

22. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

P turns two on Thursday! She's chats up a storm - yesterday I listened to her tell herself Pete the Cat and the Four Groovy Buttons as she was lying in bed. Adorable. That said, the kid doesn't nap at home for CRAP. It's so frustrating. She takes a 1.5-2 hour nap at school and we cannot get her to nap at home. It's driving me insane. Also, we're pretty sure she has Daddy's immune system/allergies, which really sucks.

We're going to have a few friends over for her birthday and have some cake. No big production this year.

We are done having kids - it's just P and big sister A!

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BlueWolverine: my son won't nap for crap for me either! Babysitter? Perfect little angel. Mom? Hell no!

We're also watching to see who's allergies he gets; dad is an allergy away from living in a bubble, me hardly anything. It looks like he's taking after me, at least in the food allergy department. FX

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Sams Mom: welcome!!
    @JennyLayneAZ: After a few months of OPKs I decided if we have another it will be because of NTNP. I forgot how much TTC sucked. I am almost positive we are one and done. you two!!!

@MrsRoo: pockets are like the coolest thing ever for the toddler set.

@BlueWolverine: OMG I know you melted listening to her story time. My LO sings Twinkle Twinkle to us and we just die! The grands like to sing over him/ to him. 😒

This is LO in his coolest outfit; his dad put it together. Like mommy, he gets excited for the occasional sweet!

We turned his car seat FF and he likes to get in and out on his own and close the door. As he’s gotten older he seems a little more receptive to meeting new people. His BRC game is still strong, but smiles are quicker to come by.

We are having another low key bday for him. He will be happy with cupcakes and a big ball. 🤗

25. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: he’s so handsome! And he looks super cool with those pockets 😎

26. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@MrsRoo: aww thank you!

27. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

Hi ladies! Your LOs are SO cute! My guy turned 2 today. We had a party in our yard on Sunday. The theme was LO’s “favorite things” and we did a hodgepodge if everything he likes: Trolls, Moana, Sesame Sreet, dinosaurs, cars, Curious George, Star Wars, PJ Masks, Spider-Man, and Nemo & Dory. He loved it! Here’s a pic! Happy Birthday to all our April babies!

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Sams Mom: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @poppygirl15: Aww, such dapper little men We made some cute babies in April '16 ladies!

Is anyone dealing with the 2 year sleep regression yet? Or 2 year molars? I'm not sure what's going on with Piper but her sleep (at night - her naps are fine...) has been CRAP lately. She/we've also been sick for most of the year, so maybe that's the culprit. I'm hoping since we hit 100* yesterday that the flu and cold stuff will start going away now, but I guess only time will tell....:(

Oh also, anyone have any tips for me on teeth brushing? She ONLY wants herself to brush her teeth, which is not great. She mostly just sucks the toothpaste off and bites on the tooth brush a couple times. But when I try to "help" her she has a fit and either tries to run away or get out of my arms or folds into mush on the floor throwing a tantrum. And I've been solo for bedtime lately, not that a two person approach would probably even help...

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: 2 year molars were hell! My son's came in probably 3 months ago, but he's been ahead on the teeth schedule from the start! He did like pedialyte popsicles while he was cutting them. As to the teeth brushing, I let him brush my teeth and then he'll let me brush his teeth... And when that doesn't help, I wrap my legs around him, hold his face to my chest and brush them by force. It is a screaming fighting ordeal, but it has to happen. He has got so much more compliant when I try to brush his teeth after holding him down a few nights in a row.

30. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Sams Mom: Oh, I've tried holding her down LOL she is strong little worm. I'll try using my legs, that may help. Toddler strength is no joke!

I think I've been telling people for 4 months that she's teething, but no molars have come through yet(that's all she has left). I think its real this time though, her shirts have been soaked the last few days from drool. She needs a bib again!

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: that is no joke! My son managed to get ahold a knife a few weeks ago and sliced his ring finger wide open! It took my husband, the doctor, and me to hold him down and get his fist pried open to glue his finger shut! He's 3'1" & weighs 34 lbs! My husband is a cop and says he'd rather fight a drunk into cuffs than fight our son 🤣

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Sams Mom: oh I believe it! And how scary, poor little guy!

ETA: I think it's getting to be time to "toddler proof" the house LOL everything that was up high enough for her not to get ahold of, isn't anymore.

33. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I do the same as @Sams Mom: we brush our teeth together and she will brush mine and I hers. I also do evenings solo, and this has worked wonders for our night routine. Now she gets really excited about brushing our teeth

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MrsRoo: I will try letting her brush my teeth, that may work. thank you!!

35. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Sadly, I have no tips re: tooth brushing, only not to worry too much. My DD was just like that. Teeth brushing was seriously my least favorite time of the day! But, she’s 5.5 years old now and has no cavities (knock on wood) so that toddler quasi-brushing apparently didn’t hurt! my son doesn’t mind so long as I sing a song.

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@poppygirl15: I've tried singing, standing in front of a cartoon to distract her....they worked in the past, but now that she's all independent she doesn't want my help, sadly. Guess I should get used to it lol thank you for the reassurance though 👍

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Here's one of her last weekend getting dirty 😁

38. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@poppygirl15: very cool cupcake!

For a short while saying “mommy’s turn” worked as long as I didn’t take too long before it was “A’s turn.” It’s a struggle to get a proper brush. I’ll have to come up with a song. LO seems to like songs associated with tasks or at least repetitive mantras.

Tonight, LO went poop on the potty! I couldn’t be more proud. HA. He can’t undress himself yet and doesn’t always share when he’s about to go number one; we are not close to potty training, but his first real experience was positive.

39. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

I love all the updates! DS2 hasn't discovered his pockets but loves to go for things out of reach - he is constantly pulling things off the counter tops, opening cabinets that have no toys in them. Once he turned on the gas range. And his new favorite activity is climbing on the rolling chair, standing on it and getting the computer mouse from its out of reach location and playing with it. He is keeping us busy! He loves Sesame Street characters and talks all the time. We are going to have a low key birthday - I'll take mini cupcakes or cookies to school and we'll go to the park or do a day trip on the weekend - ice cream will probably be involved lol.
    Is anyone else still experiencing a witching hour? DS2 is still very fussy from the point we pick him up from daycare to bedtime.
    @JennyLayneAZ: I don't have any tips for teeth brushing. It's a chore for us too now. I try to sing the alphabet while brushing and then call it done.

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats on the poop that is very exciting. We got a potty seat, but its still in the box. I'm not sure yet when we'll start trying to train.

@autumnleaves: Oh the climbing. Its getting ridiculous, right?! P is also into opening all the cabinets and drawers, right now her favorite is to open the eating utensils drawer...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee