Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Sams Mom: @rockinghorse: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @poppygirl15: @mamabolt: I thought I was the only with a LO who was not interested/resistant to potty training - it is good to know I am not alone.
    Our last potty training attempt over the holidays led to DS being scared of the potty/holding his poop in. He has been on Miralax since and we are seeing if we can take him off of that now. He also loves to take his diaper off day and night but has no interest in sitting on the potty.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@autumnleaves: I am so happy I am not the only one in this boat! I know he knows what to do... He just doesn't WANT to do it. I know he'll be potty trained soon enough, or that's what I tell myself.

My mom always tells me, "Everyone was potty trained by high school, right?"

3. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

I'm a little late to the party, but I thought I'd chime in on the potty training wars too. DD is potty trained, fully during the day (we haven't tackled night yet...) but the last two weeks she's been peeing her pants in between trips to the potty, and waiting for her sleep diaper to poop. Its really quite frustrating!

In other news, I've told you guys about my worries for her speech, well we finally got to see an ENT yesterday (for recurrent ear infections, and I mentioned her speech while we were there) and it turns out she has fluid in her right ear and didn't pass her hearing test on that side. Her overall hearing was ok, but only because she can hear fine out of her left ear. So, we're getting tubes. Doc said her speech should start improving pretty quick after that, so I'm definitely hopeful!

4. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: having answers is so great! Good luck with all that! Keep us posted!

5. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: thanks. Surgery is scheduled for 3/21, so, we wait for now!

6. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

Ladies I think LO is potty trained!

I backed way off on trying after he didn’t go for 5 hours when I tried the 3 day bottoms free method awhile ago and was generally peeved anytime I suggested he potty.

At his new school he’s been using the potty with his Up&Up pull ups, but still wouldn’t at home. Lately he’s been telling me rather quickly after peeing to change his diaper; for poop he didn’t want to be changed. After almost a week of addressing a diaper rash with Butt Paste he let me change his poop diapers right away.

That all lead up to a trip to Target to buy more pull ups and other things. LO wanted to pick out underwear. Ok. He found two packages of Superhero underwear- 14 undies total. Then we headed to the diaper aisle and he tells me No. I buy a pack anyway. He changed into his new undies when we got home. For the rest of that evening he kept his underwear dry. He went to school and although I brought two back ups he kept his undies dry. I did have to ask his teachers not to put him in Pull ups for nap because that is so common, but his teachers noticed he wakes up dry most often than not anyway. Tuesday at school dry again. Now, both days Mon and Tues LO has come home and decided to willfully pee in his pants. Not sure why (and of course something to fix). After changing into more undies he uses the potty just fine for the rest of the evening. He wakes up to get me if needs to go at night even if he realizes he actually doesn’t have to go and it’s back to bed.

We aren’t using “big boy” because lately he’s really wanting to be a baby and be held. Instead I’ll say “who wears pull ups/ diapers” and LO will exclaim “not me!” then I’ll say “who wears underwear” and LO will exclaim “me!!”

This change all happened so quickly and I wasn’t prepared, but I’m so happy that this is one more thing he can be proud of. Honestly, thank goodness for the character clothing.

Anyone else on the road to potty success?

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yay!!!

We've turned a corner in the last few days too! Not quite as drastic as your LO, but I came out of our bedroom to see my son STANDING to pee in the hall bathroom, and not making a mess!!! He still has some kind of hang up about pooping in the potty, and is resistant to me changing him. 🤷‍♀️ I think he's going in the potty about 50% of the time at this point. 😬

8. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Sams Mom: that’s fantastic! I’d say for 3-4 weeks now LO was using the potty 50% of the time too because he was doing it all the time at his new daycare. 100% is around the corner!!

My LO doesn’t know yet he can stand to pee or that his undies have a hole in them. I want him to get hip to that because he is so darn handsy with the toilet seat and that’s gross enough at home I don’t want him doing that with a public toilet.

9. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Yay, congrats!! LO is completely day trained at this point. She's woken up dry from naps when I forgot to put a pull up on her, but I haven't attempted night time yet. I need to....LOL I think I need to give myself a pep talk. I really think the only reason she wakes up wet, is because she knows she's in a diaper and can pee. So, it'll happen soon. Oh, also, she likes to wait for her nighttime diaper to poop, even though she can, and will, poop on the potty. So, again, the only way that's going to stop is if I stop the nighttime diaper....

@Sams Mom: 50% is great!

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I've always had him sit on the potty, so I'm assuming he saw dad do it and decided that was the way 🤦‍♀️ but yes, very handsy with the toilet seat and bowl. 🤢

11. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @Sams Mom: @JennyLayneAZ: congrats you guys! I have just no motivation to get DD potty trained at this point... She sits on it when she first gets up and will generally pee, sometimes poop. And then randomly she will sit on it throughout the day, sometimes with pee or poop, sometimes nothing. I'm due in April with my second, and sometimes I just feel like it is easier to not worry about it right now

12. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: I don't blame you, we all pick our battles

Oh, question for everyone - is there a 3 year well check? I feel like we haven't had one in forever lol

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yeah, they're just annual from here on out.

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: all in due time when you’re ready! Lol

@rockinghorse: totally feel you!

We had a 2.5 year check up that my pediatrician office said was optional and could be rejected by insurance for billing purposes. Our 3 appointment is scheduled, not sure if a 3.5 is recommended by the new pediatrician. LO is kinda obsessed with Doc McStuffens so I think going to the doctor’s office now is a treat.

15. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: that is awesome! My little one isn’t as scared as he was before and will sit and pee occasionally. We are not at 25% yet but it does feel progress has been made.

16. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

...and she's 3 Happy birthday month to everyone's littles!

17. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

HBD April babies!!

My LO ready for the egg hunt today at preschool. He turns 3 Sunday.

18. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: AWW Happy early birthday!! DD's Easter egg hunt at daycare is tomorrow. Then they're having an ice cream party, so I'm sure she'll be wired when I pick her up! Then bday party on Saturday, Easter on Sunday...it's going to be a fun filled busy weekend!

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Sam turned 3 on the 5th, happy birthday to all the April babies!

20. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

I feel like these babies were just born! LO turned 3 on the 3rd.

21. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

Wow! Happy birthday to all these big kids!
    K was three yesterday

22. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Sams Mom: @mamabolt: @MrsRoo: so much cuteness! Happy bdays!

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

A few pics from her birthday party Saturday. She got spoiled!

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: that is a cool cake! Looks like a fun party.

@MrsRoo: stinkin’ adorable! The candle is just as big as the treat!

@Sams Mom: handsome! Love his PJs- can you share where you got them?

@mamabolt: aww, he has such a beautiful smile and curls!

In the lead up to LO’s bday he did something fun every day Thu- school egg hunt, I brought sprinkle cookies & read his favorite book to his class; Good Friday- (daycare was closed) pics with the Easter Bunny & children’s museum, Saturday- zoo & baseball practice, Sunday- Easter basket & took a train to the science museum & CF for his favorite cake. Then, he asked where his party was? All this celebration and he still wanted more LOL. He can’t wait for his party this weekend.

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: my little sister bought them at Carter's, I think they were a door buster even.

We went to the zoo this weekend too!

26. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

From the tiny babe on her first night in her crib to three year old big girl! How has it been so long??? Lovely to see everyone's big kids

27. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: look how happy he is on the tiger!!!

@Sams Mom: too cute

@BlueWolverine: aww, I love looking back at how tiny they were! Time really flies!

28. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Sams Mom: I need that Trouble Follows shirt! My newly turned 3 year old is such a wild one. He is constantly making my 4.5 year old cry.
    We celebrated his Threedom by going to a baseball game and he really got into dancing to "Wild Thing" there it was cute and so appropriate lol.

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@autumnleaves: I think my sister bought it at Osh Kosh (my sister might be a sucker, and my son might have his auntie wrapped around his finger)

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

WE ARE 1 WEEK INTO NO POTTY ACCIDENTS!!!

Overnight and during the day, poop and pee!!! I was starting to feel like this would never happen 🥳🎉

31. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Sams Mom: yay!!

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: we were in Target yesterday and he told me when he needed to poop AND pee (two separate times)!!!

I finally took his pullups away and told him he knows what he's supposed to do. 4 days of pee and poop accidents, then nothing!

33. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Sams Mom: That is awesome!
    Potty training has been such a challenge this time around for me but my little guy is undies during the day with minimal accidents and we have had several outings recently with him using the public restrooms - yay!

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Sams Mom: that is awesome, congrats!!! I haven't even tried to tackle nighttime yet 🤦‍♀️

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee