Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@autumnleaves: I caught my son gripping the edge of the counter top, and climbing the side of the cabinet with his bare toes to get onto the counter. I don't think it's possible to toddler proof at this time... maybe just lock everything up until hes 10...

2. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: DD turned 2 on Tuesday, and I swear the 2 year sleep regression started that very night! Her bed time has been 7pm forever, but last night I tried 8 and it went a lot better. Fingers crossed!

Also, her tantrums have really increased in frequency and intensity. Just learning what behaviors to ignore and what behaviors to address.

Teeth brushing is very hit or miss for us as well. Half the time I have to hold her down and hold her head, the other half she will open wide for me.

We just made a cake for her birthday and that's it. I am finishing up my semester, and can't even think about trying to have a party. I think in mid-May we will have a picnic with family at the park as a birthday/summer is here celebration.

3. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: hope the sleep regression is getting better for you!

Oh man you guys, LO and I are sick again I'm so over this cold and flu season, this is ridiculous. LO has another ear infection, less than a week after finishing meds for an ear infection in the same ear. But she saw her Dr on the last day of antibiotics and he said everything looked good, so, it has to be a new infection, right? I had to take her into Urgent Care for this one because the fever started on Sunday, the only day her dr isn't open. Definitely will be taking her to see her ped after these antibiotics are done, so that they are aware of this and also just to be sure its gone...

In other news, LO has started kicking and hitting. so that's fun

4. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: aww man back to back ear infections are the worse. What did Urgent care give her? I loved it whenever they gave LO the shots.

One of LO’s tubes fell out. We don’t go back to the ENT for almost another two months and I’m crossing my fingers he stays healthy until then.

5. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: to you that lo stays ear infection free! They gave her Cefdinir this time. She's having a lot of diahrea still 😕

6. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I hope your little one feels better soon! We went to the ER on Saturday night because DS2 had 2 febrile seizures again and 103.6 temp- we wanted to figure out what was causing the fever. ER doc said it was an ear infection but on Monday our ped said the ears looked good (though the tubes are already out) and he has a throat infection. He had a fever from Saturday to Wednesday- not all day but at some point each day it would be 102. Not a fun week but finally he is feeling better.

7. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@autumnleaves: the seizures must be terrifying! I'm sorry you guys have had to go through that. I hope your LO is still doing well

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: My son gets Cefdinir for his ear infections because his amoxicillian allergy. He always gets a little bit of diarrhea with it. I usually make sure he gets oatmeal, bananas, mashed potatoes, rice, etc when he's on it to help with that. Then when he's done with the course I get him yogurt pouches with probiotics to help straighten everything out.

9. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Sams Mom: yeah, my toddler is so so so picky the only thing on your list she'll eat is bananas. She gags on oatmeal, doesn't like rice and is going about 6 months if no mashed potatoes. But, were on day 10, so just one last dose tonight and we're done, thankfully. She does currently eat yogurt so she'll be having that this week.

10. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

Well ladies, I've gone and done it. Just got a BFP! Here's to another April baby!

11. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@rockinghorse: congratulations!!! 🍾

12. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: Congratulations

13. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @JennyLayneAZ: thanks guys! I can't believe we think we can handle 2 kids!

I'm joining the April 19 board, but there isn't much action. I'll miss having an active group!

14. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: You'll do great with 2 I'm jealous LOL Hopefully the 4/19 board will pick up for you as the month goes on. I'm sad about the slowness of this entire website honestly. I've been reading babycenter a lot lately, but the boards move too fast over there and usually whatever I felt the need to say has been said a billion times already. I miss the "medium" ness of the the size Hellobee used to be. Anyway, good luck with baby #2!

15. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I completely agree!

16. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@rockinghorse: this is very exciting one of our April babies is getting promoted to big sibling status! I bet once you have two you won’t even remember what it’s like to have one. A three year age gap is pretty darn perfect!!

One of LO’s daycare friends has a little baby brother and the two boys look so much alike. I want pointing out B’s baby brother and LO got sad and said he he wanted a brother too. Yeah, no more discussing little people family relationships.

@JennyLayneAZ: man, I miss the heyday of HB.

17. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@rockinghorse: congratulations!! So exciting!

18. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@rockinghorse: congratulations!! No more for me, but I have to tell you that I saw your post on the April 19 board and if your lo is born on his or her due date they will be exactly the same birthdays and age difference of my 2 girls. 4/24/13 and 4/18/16. The 3 year age gap has been pretty perfect. Congrats again and I hope you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy!

19. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@MrsRoo: omg! What are the chances?!? And I'm glad the age difference works. I sometimes worry that we waited too long because I feel like DD would love a sibling. But a newborn with a 3 year old seems a lot more doable than a newborn with a 2 year old

20. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@rockinghorse: right? I had to login and post because those dates are just such a coincidence. I initially wanted a 2 year gap, but I haven’t longed for that since I saw how great of a big sister DD has been and how helpful that extra year of maturity was. She took a big sister class at the hospital and did great, she was a perfect age for it. Having her potty trained and a little more independent when the baby came along was awesome, I don’t see how I could have done it with a 2 year old.

21. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Hi ladies, how is everyone doing?

We are going to potty train this weekend. Any advice? I'm nervous that we waited too long and that its going to be a pain in the butt.

She's still not talking much (I mean, she "talks" a ton, but not words we know/understand). We've been to the dr about it and he isn't concerned (at the appointment a few weeks ago she had a total of 16 words and about 14 she's working on...)He said to come back in 3 months. It's great he is unconcerned but completely frustrating at the same time.

Anyhow, any thoughts and prayers for potty training this weekend are appreciated

22. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: We haven't potty trained either. The book "Oh Crap! Potty Training" was recommended, but we have too much going on right now with me being in school. Good luck though!

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: yeah I started reading that book this weekend. It says the sweet spot for training is between 20 and 30 months...so I feel really pressured now lol

24. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I felt pressure too after I read that book and it didn’t work with my first son in that timeframe. With the second attempt I used training pants with him instead of bottom half naked and that worked better first him. He also loved getting stickers/rewards. I tried OCPT with my second son Labor Day weekend and it was a fail too. He was ok being naked but didn’t care if he peed on the floor or not after a couple days. We are going to try again in December/January.
    Good luck! Hopefully it will go smoother for you than it has for me.

25. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@autumnleaves: thanks and good luck when the time comes for you again!

So, this weekend went pretty well. A few accidents both days. My mom is having issues with her today though. She did poop in the potty but so far she hasn't peed in the potty, just accident after accident. And she woke up from her nap with a low grade fever so that's awesome.

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Update for anyone who's interested....she did not do great at my moms yesterday; she didn't pee in the potty at all, however she did poop in the potty. Today she's at daycare and she has pee'd twice so far, so I'm happy with that. I think she's really getting it, I'm really proud of her

27. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: That is great!
    DS2's latest thing is he likes to climb into the front of the car instead of into his carseat or instead of climbing out of the car. It was cute at first because he was getting in the driver's seat and would play with the steering wheel but was not as cute when I saw him pressing buttons/locking the car. Thank goodness he did not lock himself in as his door in the back was still open. And I now know to not leave my keys in the car with him.

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: I’ve been reading along with interest. Great job on the progress!

LO has to potty train in the next month or two or he won’t be able to go to the more advanced 3 yr old room at daycare. (New DCP since we are moving). He will let us know when he’s about to start pooping and finish on the potty. So I’m trying to muster up courage and go bottomless at home and put him on the potty every half hour.

29. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@autumnleaves: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: thanks ladies. It's definitely been a roller coaster. She has been doing great at daycare, but not at my mom's. She had 0 accidents on Wednesday at daycare, but yesterday at my mom's she didn't go on the potty at all. She's back at daycare today so I'm hoping today goes well and that by Monday she'll have it down pat and do good at my mom's again. So, fingers crossed.

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Ok mom's of boys (girl moms welcome too, just always heard girls train earlier). Who has a potty trained boy? It is so hit and miss with us. I feel like I'm sooo far behind on all of this.

Some days he's all about the potty, then others he acts like it will eat him.

We have tried 3 days naked (he would hold it all day until he got a pullup) to going off of his cues, and we have made 0 progress.

He knows when he pottys, he tells me after the fact, but he won't go when asked, or when we sit him on the toilet.

31. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Sams Mom: Well, girl mom here with the same problems. Goes in waves. She knows she is supposed to poop in the potty, she talks about it, and then goes and poops in her pull up. So hard to not get mad! We haven't done specific naked time for potty training, I suppose that might help? But she has also pooped and peed on the floor before, so I'm not sure she cares. Blah, potty training is dumb.

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@rockinghorse: yay for commiseration! 🤦‍♀️😂

That's the part that drives me mad! He knows! He goes and hides under the table or on the far side of his bed to poop, then brings me wipes and a pull-up. Like did I switch to pull-ups too soon? Am I wasting them? Should I have made it a big deal that big boys get to use pullups then underwear? Ugggghhhhhh

I feel so behind.

My mom and dad are watching him for a long weekend at the end of March while we're out of town at a concert. My mom asked him if he was going to be potty trained by then, and he dead looked her in the eye and said "nope". 😭🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

33. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Sams Mom: hahahaha at least he is honest?

It's funny too because it literally just happened. I said, let's sit on the potty and poop! She sat on it, talked about how she was going to poop, nothing. Then, 5 minutes after the pull up is on, guess what.... Poop. Then she smiles at me and says she needs me to get her poop off her butt. Oh really....

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@rockinghorse: he has done that to me so many times! I'm just like, well maybe you wouldn't have poop on your butt if you went on the potty. 🙄

35. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Sams Mom: @rockinghorse: LO’s relationship with potty training is complicated So he’s now in his third class at daycare that actively takes kids to the potty. Even if they don’t use it they get changed there. At home I am less diligent, but it’s been an option for a long while. LO can get himself on the toilet trainer seat by himself. Sometimes he will ask to go and actually go. I tried the bottomless method one long weekend, but that was when LO still I think couldn’t tell when he had to pee. Day 1 was fine, Day 2 he didn’t go for 5 hours and the constant putting him on the potty was annoying. Day 3 we abandoned the idea. At this point the cute underwear I bought way back in potty class 1 is too small. LO would rather play than stop and potty no matter how many times Daniel Tiger suggests otherwise.

36. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@Sams Mom: Don't feel bad - we haven't even tried to potty train! DS shows little interest in the potty and I confirmed with his daycare that he's shown no interest with them either. My DD was potty trained around this age, but I don't think DS will be potty trained before 3. Probably soon after, but probably not before. I think he'll potty train quickly once he's interested, so I'm okay waiting.

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: That is about how my 3 day naked weekend went. He would fight going on the potty though, and then ended up finding one of the pullups I missed hiding, put it on and peed in it. I gave up before Day 3. I'm pretty sure he's outgrown the first pack of thomas the train underwear I bought as bribe too.

@poppygirl15: I think he will definitely train quickly once he decides he wants to. I just have to wait him and the bullheaded genetics I gave him out.

38. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@Sams Mom: zero interest here from DS. He asks to have poop changes and occasionally tells me with a smirk “my peeing!” but will not sit on the potty period. DD was completely trained by this age. We’ve got another big transition coming up for him - he’s still nursing and I plan on weaning him on his 3rd birthday - so probably won’t push the potty training until we get through that. But if he’s still showing no interest we’ll probably have to do a boot camp, maybe Memorial Day weekend?

39. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@mamabolt: that’s awesome you’ve nursed for so long. Once your LO started eating table foods how did nursing change for you all?

40. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Thanks, I feel very lucky that I've been able to go this long. He nurses before bed/naps, when he wakes up in the AM, and usually once overnight. It was definitely gradual as he got older, he probably still nursed 5 or 6 times a day at 12 months (when he was around me) and we just worked to offer food more in those scenarios over time. Now he has table food/cows milk all day, he's a super picky eater but I think that's just him. My older DD also nursed until 3 and ate EVERYTHING.

I"m definitely looking forward to being done even though it's bittersweet. I've been pregnant or nursing basically non-stop for 7.5 years now.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee