Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Babies: 1st birthday thread

1. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

How is the birthday planning coming?!
    @BandDmommy: Can't believe its next week already!!
    Done:
    I've got a ONE banner made, football-untensil holders, touchdown post backdrop, invites (below minus address), tshirt with the Big One logo (which I'm going to redo b/c I'm a perfectionist and the back is crooked!).
    Need to do:
    Need to get some things bought: football napkins/plates, cupcake toppers (and cake supplies), Ethan's presents!

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: I got an oriental trading magazine geared twords 1st Birthdays they have 2 pages of EVERYTHING football!!! You can go online too!

3. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I actually addresses our invites tonight. I've bought a few things, a dress, hot chocolate for the hot chocolate bar but still need to buy most of the decorations.

4. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: no way would dh be willing to have a birthday party during the LSU game. I made sure that we chose the weekend after the sec championship to avoid any conflicts.

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: I'll have to check it out! Thanks!
    @Miss Ariel: lol. We're keeping it low key so I'm sure most of the day will involve watching the game, bday stuff either before the game or at halftime. (I just wish I knew when the game was!)

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Done:
    Sent out invites, have plates/utensils, have favors to hand out, have decor printables, have gift, have Logan's outfit

Need to do:
    Assemble printables into actual decor, clean house, plan menu, wrap gift, prepare favors

7. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Sending out Evite tomorrow since it's exactly one month out from the party. In our circles we all do Evites; it's just easier for everyone! The Evite doesn't have any snow things in it but it's silver and pink so it shall do.

I ordered everything as pictured before (favors/cake/banners). The cake lady is doing the topper for me to so I didn't have to worry about it! Picture appt is scheduled for the day of her birthday that I took off. She has a tutu outfit, and also a "one" shirt. I'll see if it's possible to outfit change during the photoshoot. If not, being in just the tutu is fine too.

The menu is all planned out so we just have to buy some of it and make some of it. DH and my mom will be doing that.

The rest of my to-do list:
    - Finalize cake flavor
    - Make chalk board file to play on TV
    - Make photo slide show to play on TV
    - Make music play list

I also have to do an order on Oriental Trading for some additional snow flake decor, and some crafts for kids that will be at the party.

8. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

just ordered this for Micah's party! Hopefully he'll keep it on long enough for pictures!

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Darcy's birthday is Saturday.

10. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@BandDmommy: Ahhh! That's so soon!!

11. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

any ideas on what to put in favor bags? all of the kids attending will be about 3 and under.

12. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@BandDmommy: crazy!

@whenoceansrise: So cute!

@whenoceansrise: I'm having edible favors since I have more adults than kids. But the kids are getting these DIY ornaments as an activity and a bunch of stickers so they will take those home too.

13. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@BandDmommy: C's is as well! Happy birthday, Darcy, and happy mamaversary to you

14. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@whenoceansrise: We're doing a reusable snack bag filled with a little bag of Annie's bunnies, a box of raisins and a clementine at DD2's first birthday. DD1 is turning 3 on 12/1, and we've always done an ornament for the favor for her birthday parties.

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ughhhh I am SOOO behind!

We decided to have her party at a park!
    Easier with all the kiddos we will have!
    So I FINALLY ordered her invites tonight, digital file so I can print/send out soon!

I ordered her outfit and a few decorations!

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Birthday in the books!! Here are some pics..

18. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

More

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

She looks so beautiful and happy! Happy Birthday D

20. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@BandDmommy: looks like a great party!

21. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@BandDmommy: she looks so cute! Glad you guys had a great time.

22. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

So zulily is having a pink and gold 1st birthday event right now. And even though I already have a dress may have ordered a new one! Along with a few deviations. This is the dress I ordered. Now hopefully it makes it in time.

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Miss Ariel: so pretty!

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Wow amazing sale!!! Just got her the pink Mary Jane's and a onsie! So hope it gets here in time!!!!!

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy: Beautiful party, for a beautiful princess!!!

26. winniebee

I'm so behind the ball. No first birthday outfit, no favors, no decor, no plates, no nothing! It's in 3 weeks. But it's mostly just family and did I mention we are closing on our new house 12/15 and moving 12/27....so I think they will cut us some slack

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Wow, busy busy!!!!
    Congratulations on the house!

28. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Ours is one week from tomorrow. I ordered food today. That's all I've done! Eep!

Ours will definitely be low-key but having 30 people in my house will require some prep

And yes - your guests should absolutely cut you some slack for the crazy December you're having!

29. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: I thought about getting those shoes too! It's set to ship 10 days before the party which seems like enough time??

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: so pretty!! I hope she had a blast

@winniebee: they will definitely cut you some slack!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Should be! G's party is 12/19 yours?!

32. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@BandDmommy: what a cutie! HBD Darcy!

33. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@BandDmommy: happy birthday darcy! Love the pics 💞

34. winniebee

Ok, a fellow Dec mama is a party planner and she's going to put together a few things for me for Ryan's bday. Crisis averted!

35. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@BandDmommy: She looked so cute!

@winniebee: Woo hoo! Glad you have help.

I'm cheating & having M's party after Thanksgiving dinner so I don't need much food wise.

36. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@FaithFertility: it's on the 12!

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Missed the updates!
    @BandDmommy: so cute, love love her dress and the decor!
    @FaithFertility: That dress is adorable, can't wait to see pics of her in it!
    @winniebee: Glad you're getting help!
    @AngelicOne: Aahh! Are you ready for this?!

38. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We had a pretty non-event birthday for K. She got a few toys (none of which were even wrapped) and we got her a smash cake. The rest of us got bundtlets of our choosing from Nothing Bundt Cakes. We sang happy birthday (3x) and she loved it.

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: Sounds perfect

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Sounds great!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee