Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Congrats!

Chinese calculator thingy says girl of me. Kinda hoping it's true because I have all nephews, so there's no girls around on either side of the family.

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Our little group is growing!! Makes me so happy

December Mommas

December 1: MamaG (#2), MrsF (#2)
    December 3: Sandy (#2), luv2beamom (#1)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), MissyBear (#1)
    December 6: AngelicOne (#1)
    December 7: snowjewelz (#1)
    December 8: cram88 (#2), littlek (#2)
    December 11: MsMini (#2), Mrs.Lilac (#1)

Appointments
    April 14: luv2beamom
    April 16: littlek
    April 21: AngelicOne
    April 23: MrsF
    April 24: theotherstark (u/s)
    April 28: littlek
    April 29: Sandy
    May 6: theotherstark, mamag

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Welcome

@theotherstark: Aww don't worry!! Spotting is super normal! I totally understand freaking out but you will be fine Think happy thoughts!

So I went for my blood work today, and they gave me an u/s too! The tech said it's too early to see anything; she sees something that looks like the sag, but I'm going back next Friday for them to see if there's another "bubble" within the sag which I guess is the baby? I was not expecting getting an u/s so that was cool! My OB said I can come back every week if I want till we see a baby! So I don't even know if I have an official appointment date?!

4. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: I just read your post again, yay for going on vacation! Now you can celebrate BFP and really enjoy yourself! This will probably make waiting for an appointment easier since you're away anyway! And yes you are crazy for looking forward to birth

5. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: congratulations!

@snowjewelz: Yay for ultrasound! You have a very generous OB!

6. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@snowjewelz: That's awesome!!!

7. snowjewelz

@cram88: I gotta pay $25 copay every time I go! I was really surprised since I don't see anyone else's OB telling them to go in every week... And they seem busy too!

8. littlek

Exactly 2 weeks until we get our first US. You guys have very generous OBs doing blood work and US so early. I'm jealous... I called my PCP and they said they only do urine tests too. As long as I still have symptoms I'm going to stay positive that everything is going like it should. I was not this nervous my 1st pregnancy. I think it's because it took us soooooo long to get pregnant, I would be devestated if we miscarried.

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I know, I'm trying really hard to stay positive and not be nervous/worried/stressed/insane. It's just rough But I keep thinking about my growing little poppy seed and I want him to keep growing!! Grow, little seed!!

And OMG that is amazing that they already did an ultrasound!! That's crazy, but in the best way. I can't believe it. Lucky!! Glad things looked good

@littlek: Dude, I have to wait until April 24 for an u/s, so I know what you mean! My PCP said she would call me with the blood-work results today, and she hasn't yet, so of course I am nervous that she's putting it off because something is wrong. Sigh. I think we just need to relax, take a chill pill, and breathe. (Well, I do at least )

10. littlek

@theotherstark: That's so annoying. I hate waiting on test results.

11. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@littlek: Agreed. If I didn't have any issues my office would have me go in at 8 weeks to set up my chart, first appointment at 11 weeks and then my first ultrasound would be the nt if we decided to do that, otherwise it would be the anatomy scan! I'm really surprised how much and how much earlier things are being done! It took us a long time (over a year) to get this baby too and the thought of starting over terrifies me! What terrifies me more than a miscarriage is another missed miscarriage. A miscarriage will suck no matter what but I don't want to go two weeks again being blissfully unaware that my baby passed. So once we can see something I'm going to have them check every week!

12. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@theotherstark: ughh waiting on results blows! When I was doing monitoring I'd have to wait days to hear my results. Now that I'm pregnant they seem to call just a couple of hours after I have the draw. Guess I'm more important now that I'm pregnant

13. snowjewelz

@littlek: Don't worry mama! To me bloodwork doesn't do much more for me... I know I'm pregnant alright! If anything, I don't want to hear that my #s are low or something... As for the u/s, it really is useless till later!

@theotherstark: I know I keep reading about m/c's and I know we're all still relatively early and still have chances to m/c. I just have to trust that if it's meant to be, it will be. At least we did get pregnant! DH is very happy about his swimmers lol

14. littlek

@sandy- how are you doing?

15. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I'm super bloated too. I had to take my belt off last night because it was too tight and making me nauseous.

@littlek: Sorry you threw up already It's interesting that this pregnancy has been so different already. I was looking at my calendar from last time and my worst day for m/s last time (the day that my first Rx was written) was at 8.5 weeks.

This has been my worst day for queasiness so far. I was just at a friend's house and of course M went and pooped and I honestly just wanted to say "ok guys, first of all - I'm pregnant and secondly could somebody else change this disgusting diaper?". I don't know why it hit me so hard at that moment. I was with four friends who also have 18 month-olds, and I can't stop wondering if any of them are secretly pregnant as well!

@theotherstark: Sorry that you're having some spotting. I know it's scary but totally normal! I had unexplained bleeding with my daughter and everything was fine

@Mrs.Lilac: Congratulations and welcome! So exciting to have more December mamas joining

@snowjewelz: That's amazing that you had an ultrasound already! I'm super jealous. Your OB sounds awesome!

16. snowjewelz

@MrsF: It's only my 2nd time there too; I moved & I had just gone there for regular check up last month so I didn't know what to expect! It really was an useless one tho; confirming that there is... Nothing!

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: I know - so much waiting!!

@cram88: Nice! That's great they call you so quickly

@MrsF: Thank you for the reassurance It's scary, but, as my husband keeps telling me, there is no use worrying about things that can't be controlled!

18. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

I still haven't gotten an US date/time, I will call today probably. Diclectin is working like a charm for the ms so far, and I POAS again today and the test and control line are the same colour now, so the betas are definitely rising! Due to my work, and being around x-rays, certain meds and viruses, I ended up outed at work already (tackling a paediatrician to get farther away from the X-ray machine will do that ...), but I am still waiting to tell my family in person, once we have an EDD.

@Mrs.Lilac: congratulations!

@littlek: sorry about the ms, but I have always heard that early/severe ms is a good sign as far as successful pregnancy goes (and being a sickie myself I cling to that one )

19. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@theotherstark: spotting is totally normal. I've had two small incidents of spotting since that first week I had it post BFP. It's always, always scary, but try to keep breathing.

@mrslilac: I'm still SO happy for you!!! Woo to the hoo!!!!

20. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm very excited about going on holiday. It will certainly help pass the time. I just want to get threw the first trimester so I can tell people and get really excited! I have a feeling this next 9 months will DRAG!!

@MrsF: thanks for the welcome. Still very surreal. Sorry you are already feeling sick! That has gotta suck for you.

@ChiCalGoBee: thanks Hun. It's nice to join you here!

Thanks to all you ladies welcoming me to the December board. I no longer have to be a stalker! Haha

21. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: Oh yeah it's dragging alright! When do you plan on telling anyone at all? We were talking about this a page or two back.

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Thanks for the reassurance It's good to know I'm not the only one! Makes me so nervous, but I'm trying to breathe.

@Mrs.Lilac: I know, things just move so so slowly!! I just want to hear that little heartbeat

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Okay, ladies! Here's a little calendar of the current EDDs! Idea taken from the October and November boards (Thanks!!!). Will continue to add people, and it will get nice and colorful once we get some gender scans Did I miss if anyone is going to be Team Green?

24. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Ugh, just got my dating US appointment - it isn't until the 24th I got them to put me on the cancellation list, so fingers crossed that something opens up. I was really hoping to do it the week earlier so we would have a due date when we tell our families.

25. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Oh, we will be team green.

26. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: Thanks for doing that!

27. littlek

@theotherstark: nice! Thanks for putting this together!

28. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@theotherstark: Not team green here. We already decided we're finding out when the time comes. Thanks for the chart!

29. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@theotherstark: Thanks for doing that! So exciting to see it on the calendar

Definitely not team green here either - I need information!

30. MrsMangoMochi

coffee bean / 44 posts

Hello, fellow mamas! I just got invited to the group as a new Hellobee-er and someone who just got a BFP last week! My hubby & I have been TTC since Nov, so we are over the moon that we are having kid #2 on the way! Hoping for baby dust all around for this group!

Oops... editing this post :

EDD: Dec 4

When Did You Find Out?: Last week, Mar 25... (just wanted to make sure it wasn't a chemical pregnancy, since I had one before)

Child Number: 2

Where do you live?: Northern Cali but relocating to SoCal in a month! Perfect timing, right?

What kind of provider will you see?: OB/GYN

When's Your First Appointment?: 4/21

What kind of birth do you want?: C-Section. Already had one. Too scared to try VBAC.

What You're Most Excited For: Finding out if it's a little brother or little sister for my older son, who turns 6 in June.

What You're Most Scared About: Complications now that I'm older (turned 35 this year).

Symptoms so far: Nausea, loss of appetite, sensitive to smells.

Post a picture... any picture!: I wrote "12 DPO 3-25-14" on the top stick. I couldn't believe it, so I did it again on another stick. Addict. LOL.

31. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@littlek: oh no! Hope your m/s passes quickly! I

had all day nausea with random throwing up from week 6-20. It was so exhausting and just wore on me that I told DH we weren't having any more biological children. But once it broke I had a super easy pregnancy. Now I'm kind of waiting for it to hit and dreading it. I'm just so tired this pregnancy... I don't remember being this tired this early on last time. I'm also so bloated and large in general. But it's all worth it in the end. This is likely my last pregnancy too so I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy it

We are definitely finding out the sex of the baby. I'm a planner and love finding out as early as possible

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@theotherstark: love the calendar!

33. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

What random cravings are you guys having?

No crazy cravings yet but I have been thinking that a Jamba Juice would be sooooo good! And for some reason I'm dreaming about a giant taco salad.

My last pregnancy I developed a strong aversion to meat, seafood and eggs. The only meat I could eat was bacon so I lived off of BLTs in toasted sourdough. So I'm trying to load up on protein now before an aversion sets in. I also couldn't stand onions and garlic which I usually love. I also ate a veggie sub from Subway everyday during my first trimester

34. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@snowjewelz: I have already caved and told my sisters and mum. I just couldn't wait!

@theotherstark: I'm gonna be team green! I don't want to know as I think it will give me extra incentive to push when the time comes

35. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@MrsMangoMochi: congrats and welcome! So pleased you got your BFP!

36. littlek

@MrsMangoMochi: congrats and welcome!

37. snowjewelz

@sandy: Oh no! Sorry to hear about the bad m/s last time around! I hope this time is different!! I actually feel pretty good, but I'm barely 4 weeks so I'm scared! So far I have no food aversions & no special cravings, but it's b/c I crave really random things normally anyway

@MrsMangoMochi: Welcome! Congrats on #2! And you are crazy... You are not old!

@Mrs.Lilac: Haha I know. I told my parents & sister the same weekend I found out and I told my best friend already!

I am not team green... I am super OCD so I must knows so I can plan!

38. littlek

@MrsMangoMochi: You are not old.. I'm 35 and @sandy just turned 35.

@sandy: I'm worried about ms this pregnancy because I'm having strong food aversions. Pictures of waffles or pancakes make me nauseus. Weird stuff.. As for cravings, spicy.. anything spicy. I could tell you more stuff I did not like than do like. What are you craving?

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsMangoMochi: Congratulations and welcome!! Good to have you here.

@sandy: Ugh, I'm sorry about your m/s last pregnancy - that sounds brutal. I hope it's easier on you this go around!

I don't have any aversions yet. I've been trying to eat as much protein as I can before real m/s and aversions kick in! But OMG a BLT sounds so good right now!! Dang you

@snowjewelz: I know, I'm way too OCD to be Team Green I wanted to be at one point, but then I realized, nope, it would kill me not to know!

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@sandy: sorry you has it rough with m/s last time. I feel the same way - just waiting for it to hit and trying to eat healthy since I pretty much only ate carbs until 20 weeks last time. I remember saying I would NEVER do this again but the second half of my pregnancy was great!

@MrsMangoMochi: congratulations! Good to have you here!

My mom's coming up to visit today and I'm going to tell her about the pregnancy. We haven't told anyone yet and she's SO in love with my DD I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee