Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Just wanted to update everyone. Aaron was born on Feb 4th at 8:24pm at 38 weeks and 3 days. 6 lbs 4 oz. and 19 inches long. It was such a crazy experience!

My water broke out of no where on Saturday at 9pm so we went straight to the hospital. They didn't check me because my water had already broken and they checked me into an L and D room right away. I labored on my own for about 5 hours until I just couldn't take it anymore.

Since I didn't know how far I was dilated, I got the epidural. after they placed the epidural and my catheter they checked me for the first time and said I was at 9 cm and pos 1! We thought he was going to come out in a matter of 2 hours...but we were so wrong!

I was stuck at 9 cm for 16 hours! They had to put me on pitocin and place internal heart and contraction monitors. At one point he wasn't handling the pitocin well so they had to turn it off, give me an amnio infusion and then turn it back on slowly.

At 5pm on Sunday they said I still wasn't progressing and started talking to us about a c - section because I had been ruptured for almost 24 hours and started to get a fever. The doctor said they could give me 2 more hours or do the c section right away. After the doctor left I started crying hysterically. I was just so done. I hadn't eaten in 24 hours, I was tired and in a lot of pain. My DH and I agreed on giving myself 1 more hour, before getting the c section. 1 hour turned into 2 hours because there was a shift change. I pretty much lost all sense of time. When the doctor finally came in to check me it was 7pm. She did a quick check and announced that my cervix was gone, and that you could see the babies head! I started to push, and pushed for 1.5 hours before he was born.

I had to stay in the hospital until Wednesday morning because they thought I had chorioamnionitis and I had to be put on IV antibiotics. We are now both home, and everything is going well =]

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Tionn3: Glad everything turned out ok! What an ordeal!

I'm at work for what I'm guessing will be the last time. I was planning to come in Monday, but only slept two hours Sunday night. Since I got four whole hours last night I made the trip in to wrap things up and make sure some physical things got to the people who needed them.

I feel like time is passing so much more quickly at work than it does at home! Maybe I just needed the change of scenery

3. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: Congrats!!! I'm really sorry for the long labor, but so happy your LO is here

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: congrats on his arrival!!!!

5. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Tionn3: congratulations on Aaron's arrival and going home!! It sounds like such a difficult/distressing experience there at the end but I'm glad you didn't have to get a CS as I imagine that wasn't your desired outcome.

@MaryM: yes, work makes it all pass by much quicker!!

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: I've been "working"...but being in the office seemed to go by so much faster! Until everyone needed a piece of me at once that is...

I'm hoping tomorrow might go more quickly too. Our cleaning lady is coming by so I'm planning to go to Starbucks or the library to work so I'm not under her feet.

7. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Had my 38 week checkup today. I'm dilated 2 but not effaced at all. Starting Evening Primrose Oil tonight. Hoping it will work! If I'm dilated more and starting to efface by next Thursday, I'll be induced that evening or Friday morning. Eek!

Anyone else using herbs of any kind? How dilated are/were you at 38 weeks? Effaced?

8. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: I'm sorry to hear about your mystery fever! Hopefully you are feeling better and you'll be going home today or tomorrow.

@Tionn3: Congrats! I'm sorry your labor was a bit crazy but I'm glad you were able to avoid the c-section! Hope you are doing well now at home.

9. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: Glad you're about wrapped up with work! But yes, keeping busy is def a good call. @DesertDreams88: Working right now is so exhausting esp. bc I have to get up so early, but it does make the days go by quickly! I'm hoping next week's vacation doesn't drag too much and that maybe baby girl decides to arrive a bit early! But not holding my breath on that. When do they check your platelets again?

@CatchAFallingStar: I have my 38 week appointment today so we'll see if they check me - I can't really remember from my first pregnancy but I think maybe she didn't check until 39 weeks. I'm pretty curious though, I know it doesn't really mean anything so I won't be disappointed if I am not dilated, but if I am that will definitely give me a mental boost going into labor. Hopefully the primrose oil helps out!

10. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I had my 38 week check up on Tuesday, and have yet to have a cervical check. I'm guessing since the baby is breech and we're assuming a C section, the doctor hasn't been too concerned with checking.

If he happens to have flipped when I check in for surgery Monday, THEN he'll check. If I'm at all dilated then, we can consider an induction.

@petitenoisette: The one perk about working from home has been that since I'm waking up early anyway (stupid insomnia), I start working at 7 or 8 and end up quitting and taking a nap in the early afternoon. But if the baby suddenly flips and I have to wait to go into labor...I'm not sure I can keep doing this working thing much longer!

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

No fever in over 48 hours and I’m likely to be discharged today! They still never pinpointed the source of my fevers but I am going home on oral antibiotics just to be safe. I’ve now been in the hospital for 11 days. We’ve had our new parent bootcamp confined to a tiny hospital room with limited supplies and we could not be more thrilled to be going home. I don’t dare say taking care of newborn twins will feel easy, but it’s going to be so much more manageable in the comfort of our own home. And I can’t WAIT to sleep in my own bed!!

12. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I drank red raspberry leaf tea the last week of my pregnancy this time and last time. I think it helped bring on contractions.

@Tionn3: congratulations! What an ordeal! I’m so glad he’s here and you’re both home now.

@dominobee: yay! Enjoy your comfy bed and being home with your boys

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: YAY for going home!!

My doctor just called and my scheduled C was moved from 11:30 to 7 a.m. We'll have to get there at 6:30.

On one hand, damn that's early! But on the other...yay for getting it over with sooner!

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: yay for going home and having your own bed and more space to figure out parenting (although it sounds like you guys got a really good crash course in it)

15. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@MaryM: Monday!!! enjoy your weekend!

16. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: Hope you're home and settling in nicely!

@MaryM: Prob good it's moved up, I'm sure you'll have trouble sleeping either way! You're so close! Enjoy this last weekend sans bébé

Had my 38 week check-up yesterday, my doctor didn't check me so no clue on dilation, etc. She said she'll check next week. I was feeling pretty uncomfortable last night and maybe was having a few mild contractions? The quasi-plan is to induce around 41 weeks if I haven't gone into labor and if my cervix is favorable, but since it's for a VBAC they can only do "induction-lite." I am hoping it doesn't come to that! Working today, and next week my school is on break then I go back for the Monday after as my last day if the baby hasn't arrived. My LO1's bday is next Saturday so we're also crossing our fingers hard right now for no birthday twins!!!

17. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

just dropping in to say Hi and good luck to all you feb 2018 momma's... my feb 2017 babe just turned one on Saturday. I was watching to see if any of you would share his bday...

Good luck!!

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MaryM: thinking of you today!

19. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

How many mamas are still waiting on our babies here? I’m 39 weeks 4 days today, pretty much zero sign of anything happening, and officially the most pregnant I have ever been. So ready to meet this little guy!

20. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@jodyblair: I’ll be 39 tomorrow .. just lots of Braxton-Hicks. Was hoping to go into labor before my induction. Hang in there!

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: thinking of you too!

22. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@jodyblair: [waves] I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, scheduled c-section is March 6 but I really hope I go into labor before then. Last night I had some timeable contractions (~10 minutes apart) but they went away.

Question for anyone else who had false labor that was kind of timeable--how soon afterward did you go into actual labor?

23. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@jodyblair: @CatchAFallingStar: @Ergggg: waiting too! 39 weeks today, and I don’t foresee going into labor early. With LO1 went into labor on my due date - hopefully will at least happen by then this time too! I’m on vacation this week and honestly I feel like I feel too good to be about to go into labor (I’m also trying to jinx myself by making lots of statements like that 😜). I’m sure if I were working I’d feel worse and I’m dreading going back (for one day) if I don’t go early!

24. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@MaryM: thinking of you!

25. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@petitenoisette: I’ve been saying the same thing! I feel too good for labor to be starting anytime soon

26. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@jodyblair: hope things start up for you soon! I feel like I have a few days still before I can really get impatient. Though now we are approaching my LO1’s bday on Sunday so soon I’ll be hoping to not go into labor for a couple more days!

Had my 39 week appt today and first cervical check and I’m 2 cm dilated! Pretty psyched for that since that’s how dilated I was when we went to the hospital with my first after 24 hours of labor!

27. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

Baby is here! Arrived 2/15 at 8am. Long story short-was in pre labor for a couple of days before and having pretty bad contractions that would eventually stopped. Turns out it was back labor. Finally became steady on Weds morning, went to dr at 3pm and was 3cm and she admitted me. Got the epidural about an hour in and progressed on my own. She was facing sideways which is why I has the back labor but I was able to push her out in about 1.5 hours. She was just over 6lbs and is cute as a button. Recovery is painful and annoying and I am struggling already with feeding issues and lack of sleep but she is wonderful and I am so happy she is here!

Sending good thoughts to all of you still waiting!

28. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@JJ2626: congratulations! Any photos?

29. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@JJ2626: Congrats!! I had back labor with my first, it is no joke!! Hope you are feeling better by the day and enjoying your sweet babe.

30. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@petitenoisette: 2cm down (painlessly) and only 8 more to go!! Good thing you have the distrain of LO1's birthday.... have you talked with him or her about the possibility that you might go into labor and not be there on the bday?

@JJ2626: congratulations! Such a long process though!! Do you have any help nearby so you can focus on recovery? I don't know how I'd be surviving without my mom living with us right now.

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@JJ2626: congratulations!!

32. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: She knows her birthday is soon but not really quite when and/or what that really means so we haven’t really talked about it! Turning 3 so still doesn’t have a full grasp on the concept. I’ve been trying to just avoid the reality that we could be in the hospital or the baby could be born on her birthday! 😬

Feeling a bit off today, some mild nausea and just general ickiness (and at other points feeling ok and have wanted to eat). We’ll see if this leads to anything!

@DesertDreams88: How’s everything going with baby? Glad your mom is there to help!

33. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Had my 39 week checkup today. Cervix was no further along than last week. I’m going to the hospital tomorrow night at 7:00 for Cervidril. I’ll be sleeping there and then Pitocin starts in the morning on Saturday. I was induced with my first, but didn’t need the Cervidril, so this is new to me. I’m sad to be away from DD1 for so long. I’ve never spent the night away from her in her 3 years. It’ll be rough. We co-sleep, so it’s goint to be quite an adjustment with new baby, too. Anyway, I’m excited, nervous, sad and ecstatic all at the same time!

34. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

Still pregnant. Anyone else still here?

Hope all the postpartum moms and babies are doing great!

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@petitenoisette: When was your due date? Do you have an induction date or protocol set yet? Hopefully babe will come on his or her own though!

There has been a fair amount of convo on the Facbeook group, if anyone wants to switch over to there. I'm not sure who is in charge of it since it's a "secret" / non-searchable group but if you want to join just let us know!

36. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Just popping back to say I hope you are all enjoying newborn snuggles. I was cheering you all on as a feb 2017 mama I see @DesertDreams88: said you're all on a fb group but I wanted to stop by and wish you all well here(since I'm obvi not on the fb group)! I'll be watching for birth stories and updates.

37. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@petitenoisette: has baby arrived?

38. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: I was due 2/27 and went into labor the night after I posted last! @CatchAFallingStar: and yes, she’s here! Baby was born 3/1 by c-section after a trial of labor that didn’t work out. Hoping to type up my whole birth story soon - but we’re all happy and healthy and recuperating at home now.

39. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@petitenoisette: so happy for you! Looking forward to hearing about it!

40. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@petitenoisette: Our babies share a birthday

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee