Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

HB Summer Gift Exchange 2014!

1. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

So sad I didn't sign up in time so I have to sit this one out. Things have been hectic (mainly cleaning, unpacking, and sorting through mail) since we just returned from a road trip to visit family.

2. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Kimberlybee: next time!! If there was a way to add you late, I would :(.

3. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Ok next time I will be on the lookout.

4. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

GOLD / grapefruit / 4555 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: @Kimberlybee: I'm thinking we need one around October

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: October is a good idea, before things get too hectic with the holiday season.

6. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: yeah, I think we started the xmas exchange last year in October!

7. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

I can't wait for gifts to start arriving! I hope everyone is able to load pictures!

8. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@MrsRcCar: I hope so too! This is going to be a fun week.

9. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

I received my gift this weekend. I'm not opening up until we get the word to. I'm sending mine in a day or so.

10. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@cascademom: Well that's exciting. I don't know how you can stand not opening it! I would be so curious Guess it's a good thing that mine hasn't arrived yet.

When do you think we should start opening them?

11. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: Don't worry. The box is totally staring at me at home. It's been so busy lately that it's okay to let it sit behind the couch for awhile.

12. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

I know this is super lame, but I'm thinking about just sending my draw a gift card. I'm drawing a blank on something cute/creative to send.

13. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Alivoo01: Have you stalked their posts to see if there's a candy they like or other stuff? If I can't find something that way, you can always ask a question on Elfster. For every exchange, I try to find something that they really like and go from there.

14. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@Alivoo01: Sweetie, sometimes the best gifts I've ever gotten were giftcards. Pick a store you think they frequent often or would be sure to find something they like and go for it I'm sure they'll understand. It's hard sometimes! And if it's not me (and you'd like help), just wall me

15. Mrs. Oatmeal

@Alivoo01: gift cards can be awesome! There shouldn't be any pressure to be creative or handmade or anything- any gift is a nice gift!

16. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Agreed.

17. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Alivoo01: there is nothing wrong with gift cards! They are one of my favorite Christmas gifts to receive!

18. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: @Mrs. Oatmeal: @MrsRcCar: @Alivoo01: I'm glad to hear people like them! I'm sending one as well

19. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Meowkers: @babycanuck: @beaker: @swurlygurl: @yellowbird: @littleredhairedgrl: @mrsrain: @singingbee: @babyjmama: @Crystal: @avivoca: @ALV91711: @Danizaur: @Mrs. Oatmeal: @Kimberlybee: @Mrs. Grizzly Bear: @Alivoo01: @cascademom: @MrsRcCar: @jetsa:

I think I @replied to everyone who was in the swap. Can you all do me a favor and add somethings to your wish list? It helps so we know what to get you. Since there are discussions about gift cards, it would also help if you add gift cards to your wish list, too. (If you want them.)

If you already have things in your wish list, thanks in advance!

20. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@bluestriped bee: I did some wishing with a few gift cards. Hope that helps.

21. BSB

@MamaPhoenix: @Mrs. Grizzly Bear: Regarding your question about shipping internationally. I was in the IF sock & nail polish swap and I ended up buying from a Canadian company because I didn't have to worry about shipping nail polish (restricted item) across the border.

I was in a book swap, too, and my partner was Canadian. Shipping costs is kinda expensive between the two countries and so I ended up buying the books on Amazon and paying the Amazon's export shipping prices. It was still cheaper than having my husband drop off the package while he was in Vancouver.

22. Mrs. Oatmeal

So, the deadline to mail isn't even until tomorrow, but I got an amazing package on my doorstep this afternoon!
    Thanks to the lovely @babyjmama, my secret exchange buddy!

23. doodlepoodle

grapefruit / 4136 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: oh YAY! I hope you post a picture with one of your tasty cakes on it! I wasn't sure how long shipping would take.

24. Mrs. Oatmeal

@babyjmama: I'm using it for K's birthday cake!! It's the perfect size!

25. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@babyjmama: @Mrs. Oatmeal: Gorgeous! Good job, lady!

26. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: oh my gosh it's beautiful!

I've gotten mine as well I'll post a picture tomorrow!

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: That is awesome!

I got a card when I checked the mail today and it told me my package is on its way! Super excited.

28. Mrs. Oatmeal

@ALV91711: yay! Hope the package gets there soon!

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I sent mine a few days ago so it should arrive today!

30. Alivoo01

I sent mine yesterday so hopefully it arrives soon since it doesn't have to travel too far. But you never know with snail mail.

I received mine yesterday and will take a pic tonight to post tomorrow. I was expecting packages and didn't realize it was the present! Talk about excitement!

31. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

I'm so bad and forgot to mail it at lunch yesterday! I will be mailing at lunch today - sorry to my person!!

32. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Thank you again @babycanuck: I love it! I've been receiving surprises for a week you are so quick! I also got a $10 kindle gift card which has already been spent on cards of humanity bc I've been wanting it but hadn't pulled the trigger!
    That OPI color is my absolute favorite nail polish color and I've never been able to find it locally and I've been using the water bottle since I got it; my DH is like what's with this water bottle, hahaha I it!

33. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

I'm sending mine out today. It's been a crazy week, but I'm going during lunch.

34. BSB

I need to decide what to get my partner. They don't have anything listed in their wish list or likes. I even went through their HB posts to see if they posted on any threads about some ideas to get them. I anonymously messaged them on Elfster a bunch of times. No response. I could break my anonymity and post of message on their wall here. I sorta like the surprise part of it, though. Maybe I'll go safe with a Visa giftcard or something.

35. Alivoo01

@bluestriped bee: Can't ever go wrong with a gift card!

36. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

My giftee may get hers a little late. There's some production time involved but I hope she loves it!

37. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

I ordered mine last week and had the 2 gufts shipped straight to my giftee. One has my name in it and the other one I forgot to include! I'm sure she will figure it out soon!

38. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@avivoca: just got mine!!!! Thank you so much :))

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@yellowbird: I'm glad you liked it!

40. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

I just sent mine. I was hoping to do something more creative, but life totally got in the way. I'm hoping my giftee likes her cards.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee