Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Holiday Budget Busters: Parents spend on average $422

1. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

I've definitely spent that on lo1 and probably pretty close to it for lo2 - in fact I don't even want to calculate the total amount I've spent on them. But I've been buying throughout the year, haven't paid full price on anything and apart from birthdays my kids don't get anything other than needed clothes throughout the year so I definitely like to spoil them for christmas and birthdays. We will have 3 kids next Christmas and have decided to do the want/need/wear/read to reign it all in.
    Also, we pay insane prices here in New Zealand for everything eg. The hatchimals are $50/60 in the U.S. from what I've seen but they were $120 here when they were available (and people are paying $300-400 online for them currently since they're unavailable everywhere) so even for one toy it gets pretty expensive quickly.

2. 808love

pomelo / 5866 posts

@looch: agree w/ you about your finances comments

3. sapphire

nectarine / 2173 posts

@newlypregnantlady: that sounds really frustrating. I think if that was my family, I'd just skip gift giving entirely!

4. sapphire

nectarine / 2173 posts

@JennyD: it's too bad that it seems so many of you feel that you are expected to do so much or gift so much. I really don't feel that way! That's why I was wondering where it was coming from because then maybe you could figure out how to change things to not feel that way...

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee