Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In 07/24

1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@mrswin: that's a great report!

2. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

I feel like a terrible person. My mother just told me my cousin is 3 or 4 months pregnant. She started TTC her first a few months before us, and has a 1.5 yr old and this is her second. But instead of feeling happy for her, the news just felt like a kick my guts.

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@PurplePumps: Just wanted to say don't feel like an awful person! ♥♥ That feeling is natural, it hurts....

4. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Boopers: FX for a good number for you, do you have to go for another draw too?

5. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@FliegepilzHut: @Leialou: Thanks ladies!

@FliegepilzHut: Good luck keeping quiet!

6. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@PurplePumps: Don't feel like a terrible person at all. It is so hard when you hear about others getting pregnant. This same situation happened to me back in the fall, the cousin got married a year after I did and has managed to get pregnant and have a baby already...
    We're all here for you...

7. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@mrswin: it was my first draw so maybe depending on how the numbers are. The nurse said we'd get results Monday and then from there schedule my first appointment if needed. Not really sure if that's normal.

@PurplePumps: I'm so sorry. That feeling is totally normal. *hugs*

8. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@PurplePumps: you're not terrible at all. Many of us feel that way but it doesn't make us horrible people. I hope you're able to do something fun to take your mind off this. I avoided some friends for a little after hearing about their "oops" or "we just tried once" pregnancies.

ETA: I am happy for my friends regardless of how they conceive, I just needed to take some break so I can feel what I'm feeling before being able to not be jealous of their good fortune.

9. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Boopers: It seems to vary from doctor to doctor, our RE does two draws two days apart and then another one about a week later and then they schedule an early ultrasound

10. Mrs Green Grass

pomelo / 5628 posts

11. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@PurplePumps: You're definitely not a terrible person! I think the "punch to the gut" feeling is totally normal in that situation.

@Mrs Green Grass: Thank you! I finally did find it via @mrswin:...and after changing some browser settings on my phone. Kudos and to you for being able to blog so openly and diplomatically about this!

12. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@PurplePumps: I hear ya! I found out this morning that a friend (don't have a ton of contact since she lives halfway around the world) just had a baby. They've been married for a year and I didn't even know she was pregnant. It also hurt a little worse since the baby has DH's favorite baby name. It's not a name I like that much, but it did sting a little more. Why is everyone getting pregnant so quickly except me?

13. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

Thanks everyone. I just hate that I turn what should be good news for someone else around into something crappy about me. One day... one day... just gotta hold on to hope.

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@PurplePumps: SIL is getting married in September and likely starting TTC after (if she isn't now...). DH already told me to get myself use to the idea of her possibly being pregnant before us. The feelings you have suck so much but you're not the only one thinking them!!

15. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that!

16. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

I'm struggling a bit today. DH has these friends that I loathe...absolutely loathe. Found out last night they are expecting. Of course I should be happy but today I'm filled with bitterness, anger, jealousy...

And kind of feeling angry with DH. I shouldn't be. Angry that we have been together the longest out of all of our friends. The last to get married, definitely the last to have kids if I can even have them. That's also not fair. Not fair to have those feelings towards him.

Ugh. I just want to crawl into a corner.

17. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@babycanuck: I always find it really hard when people I really dislike seem to be pregnant at the drop of a hat. I'm sorry

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@babycanuck: I'm sorry I get those feelings whether I like or dislike the person. It sucks. Especially with SIL. I want to be like "we've been together 8 years, married 4 years. You've only been together since March! Do you know how many relationships of mine didn't last much longer but yet you're in such a rush to get married and pregnant?!" It's the worst.

19. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@mrswin: thank you. You’re right, and that’s how my husband sees things too. He’s just happy that we conceived, which I guess is the big thing to think about. The first loss we had was three years ago so I’m trying to think of this as a fluke. I think if it happens again I would be open to testing to see if there is something going on. We know we have MFI as well as I have some issues so it’s crazy to think that there could be something else thrown into the mix.

@sunshine1810: @fliegepilzhut: thank you ladies!

@purplepumps: I’m sorry *hugs* I felt the same way on the weekend when I found out that someone else is pregnant. And then I felt horrible for feeling that way. It’s the worst rollercoaster!

@babycanuck: ugh, I’m sorry! That’s definitely hard to deal with

I’m struggling today. I don’t know if it’s because it’s Monday and that just makes everything worse, but I feel really sad about what happened. I had a dream last night that we had a daughter and she was following me around the house while I was trying to get things done. Such a weird dream, but it felt real and I just felt kind of hollow when I woke up. I think it’s going to be a long day…

20. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: Sounds like a bittersweet dream... Still thinking of you and DH and sending good thoughts!

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@alohaorchid: ((hugs)) An old high school friend messaged me on FB to say that she had a dream we were cheerleading and I was pregnant.

22. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@babycanuck: That is so hard when people you don't like get pregnant easily. SIL annoys me greatly, and I am praying that she doesn't announce before me. They've been married a year, and her sister just announced she is pregnant, and I am so praying that they don't get pregnant before me.

@alohaorchid: I've had dreams like that too. It's so hard when you wake up and realize it was a dream, but I am trying to take comfort that it is God telling me that it will happen someday. When I was single and really wanting to be married, I had this dream I was at my wedding. Shortly after, I met DH. I so hope this is a good sign for you!

23. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Thank you, let's hope so!

@LindsayInNY: oh no, that's the worst I had a friend tell me two weeks ago that she had a feeling I was pregnant. Kind of shocked me, but I guess she was right!

@FliegepilzHut: thank you, I appreciate it!

Thanks again for all of the support ladies. I'm really struggling with my new job (week #3) so I think that doesn't help right now either

24. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

BFP
    Faithfertility: Due Date 12/17, saw heartbeat 5/1!
    LittleK
    Bhbee: saw heartbeat 5/22!
    Catchafallingstar: EDD 1/15/15
    EmilyE: BFP 5/12, saw sac on 5/20, beta #1: 79, beta #2: 226, beta#3
    TheReelDeal
    Happygal: BFP 5/15 beta #1: 36, beta #2: 238
    PastaAndPotato: BFP beta #1: 9.4, beta #2: 151, beta #3: 456!
    Snowdrop
    MrsTal: EDD: 2/7, Beta#1: 26, Beta #2: 89
    Mrs Bunchy: BFP 7/8/14, Beta #1: 44.2 Beta #2: 324, u/s 7/18
    FliegepilzHut: BFP 7/15
    GreenThumb: BFP 7/21
    Boopers: BFP 7/23

Hanging Out
    Mrs. Polish: 6 month wait list for new doctor
    Septca
    TheSwissWifeStyle
    Mrs. Piñata: using some essential oils and Vitex; seeing chiropractor and Naturopath; re-evaluating in Sept/Oct
    Leialou
    doxielove
    Kelli_Deluxe
    Sunshine1810
    CupQuakeWalk
    PurplePumps: unmedicated cycle, then start IVF next cycle
    AmeliaBedilia
    lazypanda
    alohaorchid

TWW
    Winter_Wonder: Femara, IUI#1
    BeeBee: Femara, ovidrel, IUI #1
    babycanuck
    travelgirl1
    MrsWin: IVF, transferred 1 embryo

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    Jenn23: ER 8/2 or 8/3
    Shutterbug: waiting for results
    Just_Ju: moving onto IVF in August (yay insurance!)
    Macintosh: start stims on 8/3, ER 8/14 for IVF with ICSI
    babycanuck: 7DPO progesterone test on 7/30, results appt with dr on 8/12
    Robyn_ZA: lap on 7/16, IVF consult 7/29
    Warbler: will be setting up appt with RE for IVF with ICSI
    owlteach: RE appt 8/18
    Kelli_Deluxe: looking for new RE in AZ
    bluestripedbee: Femara, CD9 u/s 7/29, IUI#3 7/30 & 7/31
    LindsayInNY: Clomid, IUI 8/2 (?)
    FliegepilzHut: u/s and f/u appt 7/30
    Kelli_Deluxe: lap 9/19, clomid IUI in October
    Mrs Bunchy: 3rd u/s on 7/29
    lazypanda: next step/IVF consult with RE 8/18
    CupQuakeWalk: IUI at the end of August, TI with Clomid until then

Life & Updates
    alohaorchid: brand new house being built, new job
    doxielove: house hunting in the fall
    Sunshine1810: new golden puppy Isis!
    Boopers: new job!
    TheSwissWifeStyle: getting new tattoo of koi and lotus
    owlteach: Europe 2016 with students
    bluestripedbee: Disney World in August!
    Kelli_Deluxe: seeing DH during long weekend and in September during fertile window before deployment; moving to AZ
    PurplePumps: FL trip!

I talked to the RE nurses today to schedule my WTF in person consult to discuss what the next steps may be given that I am very wary of going back on clomid. I love the nurse that I spoke to, she always sounds so hopeful and cheery! She also kept the standing order for my cd21 progesterone test so that I can check on whether or not I ovulated despite this being an unmedicated cycle. She also said that she hopes I do get pregnant on this cycle and if I do, that I can stick with them until 7 weeks in which case I would "graduate" and go on to the OB.

25. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@lazypanda: hi, I know I haven't posted (too depressing for me), but my update is "iui at the end of august, TI with Clomid until then"
    AF starts tonight or tomorrow anyway, so on to a new one:/

**I am still trying to find a way to discuss my IF without it making me super sad, but I DO read all the updates here and I am 100% cheering you all on. Lots of love to you, friends

26. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

Sorry I disappeared for a couple days from this thread, we had a good transfer but I was really struggling afterwards because it was looking like we wouldn't have anything left to freeze. We transferred one embryo on Sunday and hopefully it is snuggling in there!

27. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@mrswin: I hope that one is THE one

28. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@alohaorchid: Sorry that your job is causing you added stress, its so hard when work gets the better of you. FX things turn around soon.

@lazypanda: Good to hear that you have an appointment coming up and that the nurse was friendly and helpful!

@CupQuakeWalk: Good luck with your upcoming IUI, hopefully it is all you need
    ETA: Thanks! Me too

29. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@CupQuakeWalk: good luck with the clomid/TI! :good luck: I've updated the thread above.

@mrswin: wow, TWW already for you??? exciting! Will you wait for your beta or will you be POAS before then?

30. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@CupQuakeWalk: (hugs). IF is just so, so sad I hate it. I hope the IUI is successful in August.

@mrswin: glad the transfer went well!

@lazypanda: Fx this is your cycle!

31. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrswin: I hope there's some snuggling in going on! Best of luck!!

AFM: I started injectables on Saturday. I go back this coming Saturday for a follie scan.

32. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@lazypanda: That sounds like a positive update! It's always great to have a good nurse. Fx for this cycle!

@CupQuakeWalk: *huge hugs* It's definitely difficult, but you know we're all here if you need us

@mrswin: I have everything crossed for you! This is super exciting

@mrswin: thank you I just started here a few weeks ago and I'm feeling really out of sorts and not totally sure I made the right decision. Hopefully things turn around though.

AFM, I feel a little better today than I did yesterday so that's a good thing. I'm still feeling pangs of something (jealousy? Sadness?) whenever I see/hear anything baby related, but I didn't wake up with the overwhelming sadness that I've had for the past few days. I'm going to try to think more positively and be proactive. I'm starting Fertilitea today, I like drinking tea at work so that's an added plus. I'm also going to make some appointments for accupuncture and to see a naturopath when we're back from our trip next week. If nothing comes from it then at least I just hopefully feel better in general from taking better care of myself.

33. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lazypanda: More like a 9DW! I have a beta scheduled for 08/05. I am debating about testing out my trigger (would need to start tomorrow) or just POAS the morning of my beta.....

@winter_wonder: @TheSwissWifeStyle: Thanks!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Good luck with the injectables, what are you taking?

34. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrswin: Puregon. It's the same thing as Follistim in the US. I'm only on 50iu, but that's what I was on last time, and it was enough...so we'll see!

35. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@mrswin: Your beta is on my bday!

36. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@alohaorchid: thanks! I've got fingers crossed for you! Silver lining is that you've got a wonderful support here & sperm met egg!

@mrswin: @winter_wonder: Ooo, I'm excited for everyone to test. I really like how many BFPs we've seen on her. Gives me hope & keeps me optimistic!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: after my next clomid/IUI cycle, I have to decide between clomid/injectables IUI & IVF. How are the injectable meds for you? Also, how often do you have to go in for the monitoring appts?

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrswin: Praying for you and a sticky baby

38. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That's a pretty small dose and if it worked last time then even better! Good luck with the cycle

@FaithFertility: Thank you

@alohaorchid: Obviously it will be a good day then!

@lazypanda: I'm excited and terrified!

39. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@mrswin: Thinking snuggly thoughts for you!!

I'm in TWW land now. According to charts I O'ed think I O'ed Sat, CD18, super early for a natural cycle for me. (which for once I didnt want cause that mean AF is gonna show up at the end of my vacation, grrr) Or CD19, I didn't feel like waking up early to temp, so I'm not sure, but I had positive OPK on Wed, so probably Saturday. But I'm not holding my breath. DH was super stressed at work last week and just didn't want to BD. I had to practically force him to Wed and Thur and then didn't bother again after that. So I'm pretty much coming to terms that next cycle we'll start IVF. I'm bouncing back and forth between holy crap are we really going to do this, maybe we should just wait and lets get this show on the road. I never thought I'd be hesitant since I though I've been so ready all this time.

40. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@PurplePumps: I hope the TWW goes by quickly for you (and also that it's successful)!

I'm sorry to hear things are stressful at your husband's job I know how frustrating it can be to feel you practically have to beg your DH for sex when you're in the fertile window. It's like for God's sake, let's do this!!!!!!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee