Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2013 moms

1. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

hope everyone had a great mother's day!

@allison: now nice to take a walk down memory lane!

@birdofafeather: nothing like stepping into each other's shoes to help get understand each other better. dh hasn't had a day with LO by himself yet...

2. allison

pear / 1895 posts

Well, I think AF has returned. I'm pissed.

3. Mrs Green Grass

pomelo / 5628 posts

@allison: ugh, sorry! I really think I might have O'd this month, so I'm anxiously waiting.

4. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@Mrs Green Grass: so far, its just really light spotting. So I don't know what's going on. Are you on BC?

5. Mrs Green Grass

pomelo / 5628 posts

No...we just don't have sex :). I had ewcm awhile ago which is why I think I might get AF. It's the first time I've had ewcm, but not the first time I thought I was getting AF...so who knows?

6. allison

pear / 1895 posts

Is anyone reading any good parenting books? DH and I recently read Nurture Shock, and it was really interesting! I'm currently reading Simplicity Parenting, and I'm enjoying it. It's about how to help your kids be kids and not be burdened by the stress of adulthood. His main point is that, because of the internet, 24-hour-news, etc, kids are much more exposed to the world's problems and the stress that creates doesn't allow them to just be kids. The author thinks it's important to development for children to be somewhat sheltered from adult stressors. I've only read the first couple chapters, but it's definitely convicting re: screen time.

7. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

@allison: @Mrs Green Grass: I think I might be getting Aunt Flo - I think I O'd too. I felt a pinch like I was, and I'm a little crampy today. :'( I really hope I'm just imagining all of it, because I did NOT miss this!

If I don't get my period though, we're not using BC, so I suppose I coooould be pregnant again? I should probably get some tests to check at the end of every month, just in case.

8. swurlygurl

honeydew / 7091 posts

@allison: I haven't been reading any books, but that one sounds really interesting! I think it is a definite change to parenting how readily available information is for this generation. We weren't raised with all this accessible news (internet, cell phones etc), so we don't know the best way to handle it yet.

9. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

tomorrow is my first day as a WAHM! i quit my day job and i'm going to be home and working as a photographer full time. i'm super excited, but also nervous to juggle it all. it feels like this huge risk even though i have the work and the savings, but i'm scared that i'll run out of things to do with her and i won't be able to juggle the house, the job and the kid. i did a meal plan for the first time in.... a long time! my husband was shocked. i hope i can keep it up... and even if i can't, i hope i don't beat myself up over it.

how is everyone else juggling their roles? any tips on organizing it all?

10. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@birdofafeather: that's so exciting!! Good luck tomorrow! I WAHM for a few weeks there and it was tough. Mad props to you!

11. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@birdofafeather: how's WAHM life going?

I'm at the gym for the first time since November. Wow am I out of shape. Mil has L. I'm trying to believe ever everything will be ok.

12. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@oliviaoblivia: good so far! it was a crazy weekend with two weddings, so knowing that, i took last week kinda slow. now that i have stuff to do though, i am looking forward to getting into a routine. i am also trying to commit to at least 30 minutes a day of exercise, whether walking with the stroller or going to a barre class. i fell out of practice the last couple weeks and i've noticed! since it's bathing suit whether by us now, it's motivating me to get moving!

Liv is going to be great with MIL! i am so guilty of micro managing (or picking on whatever happened) after the fact and i'm really trying to let up and let them find their own way (whether my mom or DH) because the more they get to learn now, the better it will be later on. hope you enjoyed the gym!

13. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@birdofafeather: oh wow, congrats on your career decision, i'm so happy for you! so impressed that you and @oliviaoblivia: are committing to working out. i did some yoga at home for a few weeks, but have completely fallen off the bandwagon. need to get started again, but i just keep finding excuses! like real housewives. that's my favorite excuse.

hope everyone had a wonderful father's day!

14. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@allison: i've been curious about nurtureshock because of the posts about it on hellobee--so would you recommend it? i haven't really read any parenting books lately. i don't think reading baby led weaning counts.

15. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@allison: While I was pregnant I read Bringing Up Bebe, and thought it was fascinating. I really hope to incorporate some of the more "French" ways of parenting into raising Daxon.

@edelweiss: I read NutureShock and thought it was great. It gave me a lot to think about and Hubs and I had some really good parenting conversations from it.

16. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@edelweiss: definitely recommend it! I actually haven't seen it mentioned on HB, so I'm off to do a boards search...

17. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@allison: i should have clarified that they were on the blog, not the boards. here's one, with links to others at the bottom:
    http://www.hellobee.com/2013/01/31/nurtureshock-infant-language-development/

18. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@edelweiss: I found them! Thanks.

19. allison

pear / 1895 posts

So awhile back I bought a cute one-piece swimsuit, but the top wasn't very supportive. So I've decided to rock the two-piece instead! I got a new black top from Old Navy and I'm gonna pair it with some bottoms I already have. I was feeling unsure and self-conscious about my post-baby body, but upon seeing what some of the motel guests here wear to the pool, I think I look pretty damn good now! Ha...

I think I'm mainly just wanting to show my MIL that I CAN get my pre-baby body back, thank you.

I know we discussed this awhile back, but now that it's actually summertime, what are y'all doing, swimsuit-wise this summer?

20. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@allison: I'm going to go ahead and wear my pre-baby bikinis at home but I got a tankini (with lots more support up top) for the beach/the community pool.

21. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@allison: I tossed my old bikinis. If my stretch marks ever fade away enough and my tummy is worthy I'll have earned new ones. One piece with tummy control for me. My stomach is still a disaster.

22. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@dagret: I tried to find a cute, cheap tankini top, but I didn't have any luck. I wanted one that was fitted, and all I could find were the loose, swing style ones.

@oliviaoblivia: I really have no idea how I didn't get more stretch marks than I did. I just have a couple small ones on my belly. I got SO MANY during puberty, all over my inner thighs, hips, and boobs. It's really a miracle. Thank you, baby Jesus.

23. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@allison: I got one, retro-looking that was probably $90 for a top and bottom at Macy's. I just ordered a bunch online and returned what I didn't want to the store. Those loose ones are dumb. I don't see the point.

ETA: I just have a couple stretch marks on my belly but like you I got a ton in puberty.

24. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

Oh, and how us everyone's hair? Mine has started to fall out big time.

25. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@oliviaoblivia: i'm going with the one-piece also. i'm feeling a bit too self-conscious about my baby paunch.

@allison: way to rock the two-piece and show your MIL, all in one fell swoop!

@dagret: mine started falling out around 2 months postpartum, and really picked up in the last month or so. i went to get a haircut and warned the staff that there would be a lot of hair loss. oh i miss my pregnancy hair, and not having to pick up my hair from the bathroom floor twice a day.

26. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@dagret: I'm shedding again, but it hasn't been anything crazy like I've read about. L never had hair loss either. Did you see what I did right there? Jinxed myself.

27. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@edelweiss: @oliviaoblivia: L got baptized this weekend and I pulled my hair back and wore a headband while I was making food. It's starting to do the thing where little frizzies are sticking out all around my head.

28. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@allison: I got a 1-piece from J.Crew based on recommendations from MODG. I just had it on this weekend (we got Dax a little blow-up baby pool), and it really is flattering! Good for you rockin the 2-piece, though! I actually would be able to, I think, but I still have a pretty dark linea negra and belly button that gross me out. I'm a little mushy, but that doesn't bother me so much.

@dagret: The day D turned 3 months old, I started shedding like a maniac. I still am. Every day, Mattel could "wig" a Barbie with the hair I shed. It's ridiculous. And yeah, I've got the little whispies, too. Ugh. Daxon's hair definitely thinned out, but it's starting to come back in again. And it's looking kind of reddish!

29. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@edelweiss: thanks! it's super exciting!

@littlebug: i really liked bringing up bebe! i read it when i was pregnant and kinda want to run through it again!

@allison: i'm just wearing old bikinis, but i kinda feel like i should reward myself with a new suit! i didn't buy anything last summer since i didn't want them to be ruined by my growing belly, so a lot of them are really worn!

@dagret: @edelweiss: @oliviaoblivia: i didn't have any belly stretch marks, but i have ones on my boobs from the day my milk came in! no joke, they just showed up overnight! so i don't mind showing my baby belly, but the boobs should probably be more covered!

@dagret: yeah, my hair has been falling out for a least a month now. DH made jokes, but now he's just annoyed at finding it every. single. place. in our house: diapers, clothes, drain, sheets, dishes. i have to clear out my brush every time i use it. it's slowing down, but dang, that was crazy!

30. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@birdofafeather: I wanted to get a whole new suit, too, but I decided to reward myself with new skinny jeans instead

31. pl0508

GOLD / grapefruit / 4007 posts

@dagret: my hair is still shedding with a vengeance. I hope it's over soon !

32. allison

pear / 1895 posts

I've been out of pocket all day, or I would've posted this sooner. But I had a crazy dream last night about you ladies! I dreamed we all met up at @birdofafeather: 's house in SD. It was a SUPER fancy, huge house, and we were all staying in one room, in bunk beds. The LOs were with us, but they had their own room and all shared 1 pack-n-play ( = chaos). And @birdofafeather: hired a group of mannies, led by Ty Pennington, to care for the LOs during the trip.

We were all hanging out, eating cake, and I decided I should go check on Eli to make sure Ty Pennington wasn't overstimulating him, and @coacheswife123: made fun of me for being a helicopter mom. Hahahaha. Weirdest dream.

33. pl0508

@allison: oh. My. Gosh. I'm DYING. that's just about the best thing I've ever heard !!!

34. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@allison: love it!! Lol!!

35. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@allison: ahahah! dying! i do not live in a mansion but if you all came to stay with me, we would have to make bunk beds because i live in a 2 bedroom 600 sq ft bungalow! ha.

i did used to love ty pennington ala trading spaces, not extreme home makeover.

36. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@birdofafeather: your mansion was attached to a shopping mall, also. And you had a big tiled fireplace that @coacheswife123: and I thought was magnificent!

My brain is so strange.

37. pl0508

@allison: ps I put the mother in smother so I would never make fun !

38. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@allison: Holy freakin crap, that's hilarious. I was totally laughing out loud here in my office. Love it.

39. pl0508

Well- 17 months of no period is over. AF showed up. I'm terrified !

40. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@coacheswife123: oh boo! i'm still without AF. anyone else?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee