Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2014 mamas!

1. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@spaniellove: Yaaaaayyyy!!!

Lately I've had trouble sleeping at night but I think it's because I've been taking 2 hour naps during the day, like between 4-6pm. It's just been such a struggle to stay awake at that point! But then when it's time to go to sleep at night I can't! (I'm 5+1 today.)

2. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: @TheSwissWifeStyle: I am so glad to be here with you guys!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: At first I thought I wasn't able to sleep at night because I was sleeping during the day, but then I realized I was just sleepy during the day no matter what. It always hits somewhere between 2 and 4, and at night I wake up around the same time...between 2 and 4!

3. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@spaniellove:

And I'm going to tryyyyy to stay up now and see what happens tonight. It's almost 4 here, and I don't feel too tired yet...

4. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@kentuckygirl: @TheSwissWifeStyle: @spaniellove: seriously. The June thread makes me so happy. Just sayin'

Congrats to all of the new June mamas!

5. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@spaniellove @TheSwissWifeStyle @LovelyPlum Hello, ladies! And congratulations!!!! (@LovelyPlum, I see you're on the April 2014 thread, but still!)

I haven't been on the boards in a while, and I remember you all and rooting for you like crazy!! June (and April!) 2014 is seriously going to the best month(s) ever in the history of all babies.

6. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@LovelyPlum:

@ineebee: Thanks so much!!

7. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: missed your BFP, congrats congrats and lots of sticky dust your way!!!

8. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@mrsjyw: thanks!

9. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

Hi ladies - I am tentatively joining.

EDD: June 27

When Did You Find Out?: today!

Child Number: #2

Where You Live: NYC

What kind of provider will you see?: OBGYN

What kind of birth do you want?: My daughter was breech so I had a scheduled c-section but would love to try for VBAC if it an option.

What You're Most Excited For: My daughter becoming a big sister!

What You're Most Scared About: another chemical pregnancy (had one this summer, but I am taking progesterone this time so hopefully that will help). Also, hoping it is not twins (my mom is a twin).

Symptoms so far: slight afternoon nausea yesterday and today .

Excited to join you all! I am still part of a great group of May 2012 mammas from this site and they have become good friends. I have a beta test on Friday so hoping that goes well.

10. BabyBruins

kiwi / 551 posts

Another #2 mom joining the group.

EDD: June 13
    When Did You Find Out?: October 4th-ish
    Child Number: #2
    Where You Live: LA
    What kind of birth do you want?: I delivered my son 6 weeks early via csection because of pre-eclampsia. Hoping for a VBAC and full term this time.
    What You're Most Excited For: Adding to our family and having time off work with the new baby and my son.
    What You're Most Scared About: Having 2 kids, but its not like i'm the first one to ever do this, right?
    Symptoms so far: fatigue, little bit nauseous, sore boobs

Its nice to see some other moms going in for #2. Hopefully we can help some of the FTM, but I am realizing I have already forgotten a lot of the details about my first pregnancy, or at least the early part.

11. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@spaniellove: I'm so happy to see you back! Congratulations on your BFP (and all the other June 2014 ladies!) and I'm so, so happy for you!

12. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: I hope everything turns out okay with your job! Do you think it's possible you're developing temporary lactose intolerance? I've heard of that happening. How do you feel about avocado? I'm not a huge fan of sandwiches but love avo sandwiches and that might give you some protein without resorting to dairy or cold cuts! Plus you can either mash and spread it, PB style, or slice it.

@ineebee: @chibee: Thank you!

13. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@shortcake: congrats!
    @BabyBruins: congratulations! I am with you on forgetting the early stages of pregnancy...my son is 14 mos and SO active! I'm so tired all the time.

Nothing new here. Counting down for my appt in 2.5weeks and hoping things look good then and we can hear the heartbeat.

14. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

So nice to see a bunch of second time mamas on this board. interestingly, my other board of twenty women had only one second time mama.

I know I can't really worry about it yet, but I keep thinking about the sleeping arrangements in our little two bedroom apartment with a new baby. I hope they will be ok sharing a room.

What kinds of changes is everyone else anticipating?

15. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

Had another beta today and the news was mixed. The beta itself was great but my progesterone dropped to 28 so they're putting me on injections every other day in addition to the suppositories I'm already using 3x a day.

16. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: Love avocado! I have not had a avo sanwich before! I'll have to try it. Sorry to hear about the P injections. MY RE said the P suppositories don't really reach your bloodstream at the same level the same dose of an injection would, so they didn't even test my P levels (I am on Crinone). Can they give you P injections that you are not allergic to? At least they caught the low P now! Keeping you in my thoughts!

17. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@shortcake: @BabyBruins: Welcome and congratulations!!!!

18. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

@kentuckygirl: @spaniellove

I am on crinone also. Just once a day. Did a blood draw today so hopefully my numbers look good and I don't need to increase it.

Hope your progesterone levels increase spaniellove.

19. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@shortcake: I hope your numbers turn out good!

20. Chastenet

kiwi / 614 posts

I've been following the board but haven't had much time to post lately - we've been sleep training DD since I decided I need her to sleep through the night while I'm pregnant since this whole waking up business is just going to start again come June. Anyway, couple sleep training with 1st trimester and you get one tired lady!

CONGRATULATIONS to all the wonderful new additions to the board! I'm so happy for you all and please don't be bothered that I'm too lazy to go back and reply to you all to name you individually.

We had our first dating ultrasound today due to my long cycles. They said I'm 6w4d. I thought I was 7d based on my chart and still am pretty convinced that I'm right, those measurements are just averages anyway, right? Anyway, new EDD according to them is 6/9/14 and baby had a heart rate of 124. We set up our appointment for the NT scan on Dec 6th. I'll see my midwife before then.

Other than that, feeling very tired, a little nauseated and I am always starving. I seriously can not get satiated and it is kind of annoying. Also, most food just sounds really gross...I think these three things are definitely related.

Still haven't told anyone and I'm going to try my darnedest to keep the secret from my mom until early November when she'll be coming with my dad for a weekend so I can tell them both in person. It's really hard though because I see her every week since she helps out with DD.

21. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

I have my first scan tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I'll be 5w6 days, or 6 weeks. (For some reason my clinic and I have diff. cycle start dates.)

So...here we go again! At least it's at 7:45am, so I don't have to think about it all day. If the scan looks good I'm going to ask for allllll the bloodwork. I need piece of mind.

No major symptoms Mostly just super tired.

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Popping in from November to say congrats to all the new June mamas!!

@Chastenet: I had an ultrasound at 6w4d and baby measured 3 days behind as well. I KNOW when I ovulated and because I got a super early BFP, it's not possible for me to be 3 days behind. I had another ultrasound a week later and he had caught up and was measuring 3 days ahead instead. It really annoys me because the doctors still go by the very first ultrasound EDD (couldn't use LMP because I have super long cycles). It's not really a big deal as its only 3 days, but I just find it annoying that they won't listen to me. He measured a week ahead of "their" due date at 2 more first trimester ultrasounds. Ugh! AND I had betas done at MY 10 dpo and it was 32. That would be pretty crazy for 7 dpo. But they would never listen to me. Again, not a big deal but it still drove me nuts!!

23. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Hey ladies. So I just had my first scan. I'm 5w6d, or maybe 6w.

Not sure what to think about it. Doc assured me it was all "normal." Didn't see a heartbeat yet, but not like that would reassure me much anyway since I've seen one before.

I think the "fetal pole" was measuring at 1 mm. Is this normal? From what I read online it said the pole grows 1 mm a day, starting at 6 weeks. So does this mean at week six it should be 1 mm?

But then other things I read say the "baby" should be 4 mm by now. I'm so confused.

I hate feeling like this!

ETA: oh yeah, my Doc also said it looks like 2 may have implanted at first, but now there's only one

24. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I don't know much about that but going by what you read it sounds about right? I'm sorry about the second one When is your next u/s?

25. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@spaniellove: I go back next Monday. She also wants me to try and get at least one scan when I'm in the US. I know you know what this nervousness is like! Oh and get this: I asked if I should get more betas and have my progesterone checked again, just in case. She's just like, "Nah, you're fine." (Basically.) Um...ok.

26. calsmom

persimmon / 1087 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: it sounds like everything is normal from what you stated. Sorry about the loss of one of them though. Keep us updated!

27. calsmom

persimmon / 1087 posts

How is everyone feeling?

Have you all had cravings yet? My cravings have mainly been for sweet stuff. I was craving apple pie and vanilla ice cream yesterday. Once I had some, it was bliss!

28. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: At this point checking betas is probably unnecessary...I'm having it checked at the end of this week (along with a ton of other b/w that I don't think they realize they already did) but after that I don't think it makes sense to keep checking because an u/s could tell you more. Having another one when you're in the US sounds like a good idea, do you have any idea where you might get it done? And yes I know exactly what that nervousness is like! I did exactly the same thing you did after I got home from that first u/s, except mine was 5 weeks. I was like "Why doesn't my gestational sac look exactly like the others I see online?" "Why isn't my yolk sac bigger?" But I had to just trust the nurse when she said things were where they were supposed to be and understand that there will always be a great unknown.

29. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@calsmom: Oh gosh, warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream sounds so good! I've been eating constantly in an effort to stave off the near constant nausea. How could I have been crazy enough to worry that I wasn't nauseated?

30. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@spaniellove: Totally, I've been online all day, before and after all my dog walking! lol

And no ideas where to go for an U/S. Open for suggestions. I think my hotel is in your town actually...I forget which town you live in. Wall it to me again

31. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

@spaniellove - how are you doing with the progesterone shots?

@theswisswifestyle - you can call up any OB office and see if you can come in and say you are a new patient.

I had my second betas today and they look good! They went from 66 at 14dpo to 220 at 17 dpo. I will have an u/s next week. Hopefully my RE will release me back to my OB after that, I like her so much better.

No real symtoms yet. I am tired and have really slight waves of nausea, but that could be from the progesterone. I had a really easy first tri last time so I hope that happens again. I had more food aversions and smell/taste issue than nausea.

We probably won't really tell anyone until we can see a heartbeat. When is everyone else planning on spreading the news?

32. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@shortcake: I'm not really planning on telling anyone until after my first appointment where I will hopefully hear a heartbeat. And I probably won't announce it to the world until after 12 weeks.

I am having trouble deciding what to do about one of my friends though. I am supposed to be a bridesmaid in her wedding which is going to be 13 days after my EDD, so I think I need to tell her sooner than later. I'm really afraid she's going to be upset.

33. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

@msbadger - I hope she's not upset, that is so selfish. I hope she is happy for you!

34. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@shortcake: I might just tell my mom if next week's u/s looks good. I'll be seeing her in NJ and I can't not tell her.

35. BabyBruins

kiwi / 551 posts

@calsmom: I feel like I hit 6 weeks and am all of a sudden feeling really pregnant. I am EXHAUSTED, i want to eat all the time, i feel nauseous when I don't eat and I'm already starting to have small memory lapses - baby brain begins!
    @shortcake: I told my mom and sister early on and told my brothers and their wives this weekend since we were together. We haven't told hubs' family yet and I'm thinking of waiting until closer to Halloween and send them a picture of J in his skeleton costume and me in a skeleton shirt with the baby skeleton. I'm planning to tell work after Thanksgiving.
    I kind of want to get out all of my maternity clothes and special sleeping pillows, but I feel like its just giving up so soon. I was definitely using the BellaBand the rubber band trick with my pants at this point last time, but I didn't start wearing maternity jeans until week 14 or 15. I know you are supposed to pop a little earlier the second time, but I wonder how much earlier.

36. DCBW

apple seed / 3 posts

De-lurking and created an account to join the group

EDD: June 10

When Did You Find Out?: September 28th

Child Number: First timer

Where You Live: Pacific Northwest

When's Your First Appointment?: November 5th

What kind of birth do you want?: Something involving an epidural

What You're Most Excited For: Everything!

What You're Most Scared About: Everything! I think I'll feel better after my first appointment in 2 weeks.

Symptoms so far: Feeling vomity 24/7 since week 5, wishing I could go to bed at 6:30pm

Congrats & good luck to all the June mommy-to-bees!

37. Chastenet

kiwi / 614 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I don't know about the measurements, but if the doctor said that everything looked good then I'm sure you'll be fine Fx

@MsBadger: That would be really lame if your friend was upset - you certainly can't stand up in a wedding so soon after your due date. If she's a true friend she'll be happy for you.

@DCBW: Welcome!

@BabyBruins: I did the rubber band thing starting at about 12 weeks if I remember correctly - and didn't actually buy maternity pants until about 18w...But I, too, am tempted to bust out the maternity jeans. I'm also realizing that I REALLY need to buy more - I only have 2 pair and with the earlier due date this time around I'll be bigger in the winter and will definitely need at least a third pair of pants. The good news is I work from home and can wear the same outfit all the time

@shortcake: Congrats on the promising betas

I'm trying really hard to keep the news from my sister and mom who I see often. I would like to tell my immediate family in mid-November since both my parents will be coming to visit so my Dad can get the news in person, too. We'll be visiting DH's family in November and will tell them then. The rest of my family will get the news in early December when we see them for a holiday concert.
    Speaking of keeping the secret - I was out with friends this weekend and ordered a margarita - then caught the waitress' attention and said below my breath "virgin", with a little wink. Was so proud of myself that no one noticed. THEN, the waitress comes back to card everyone (rolls eyes - was with a parent group, we all had our kids with us and are obviously of age). So I play along and take out my id and the waitress audibly says, twice just in case anyone missed it, "yours is virgin, I don't need your id"....ARGH!

38. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@shortcake: Those betas sound pretty good! The PIO hasn't been too bad so far...if they gave me a choice between this and the Endometrin I'd definitely choose the PIO because I can forget about it between doses!

@MsBadger: I sure hope your friend would understand.

@DCBW: Welcome!

39. Alexandra603

cherry / 160 posts

So excited to see more people join the club!!

You guys are doing such a great job of waiting to tell! We were planning to wait until after our first appointment (Nov 6) to tell but now I think we'll tell our families this week. Is that a terrible idea?? I can't decide.

40. beachbee

kiwi / 673 posts

I had my confirmation appointment yesterday and there is a baby in my belly! I had convinced myself it couldn't be true but looks like I'm measuring right in track for 8 weeks and my due date is 6/4/14. We got to see a strong heartbeat and DH and I were both sobbing. Still so surreal that this happened naturally, not sure when it will set in. I was pretty upset when the OB said I was not eligible for a VBAC since my last pregnancy and c-section was so recent, so looks like I'll be having another C.

Symptom-wise I'm feeling ok, pretty nauseous and tired from chasing LO around, but nothing too bad yet. LO's first birthday was this weekend and it was a great celebration, lots of family and friends, good food and fall theme. I can't believe my baby is 1!

@Chastenet: I've been thinking about sleep training DD. She has never STTN and now that pregnancy exhaustion has kicked in I think it's time to try to help her sleep better on her own. How's it going for you? Any tips? And keeping the secret is so hard!! We're around our families so much there was no way we could hide it. I'm still carrying weight from my multiples pregnancy last year so I've noticed I'm starting to show much earlier this time around we decided to break the news already and our families were shocked and so excited! Good luck holding out!! And that is so annoying that he server blurted out your order after you were so sneaky!

@shortcake: @BabyBruins: @DCBW: congrats and welcome!!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Good luck at your next appointment. I know how frustrating the waiting game is, I hope you get good news soon!

@MsBadger: I hope your friend wouldn't be upset, but I have a similar situation so well see how that turns out

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee