Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 June Bug Labor & Deliveries 2015 <3

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: hey! I spent the day playing uno, bouncing on birthing ball, walking halls, and watching movies. It feels similar to being at home. Except for these uncomfortable contractions. They're now 3 min apart, and they are going to do a total of four doses of cytotec. Pitocin should start in the morning, and they think baby girl will be born tomorrow!

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: yay!! Keep it up!! Try and get some rest tonight too if you can! You're gunna be a momma soon!!

3. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: sounds like you are doing well! I can't believe you can still do anything with contractions 3 min apart!

4. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Just had my cervical check. After 36 hours, cervidil, and three doses of cytotec I am 1.5cm dialated, and no change in effacement. I only progressed .5cm in 24 hours. They only want you on cytotec for 24 hours. At 48 hours we need to decide what to do. She said by having an induction, closed cervix, and no real progress I have increased my chances of c-section in three ways. But, they're not ready to throw in the towel, it's up to me. I just wonder if it's a lost cause. If they start the pitocin- that's another increased risk of c-section!

5. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@dc yoga bee: do what's right for you mama! i would be so stressed at that point so I feel for you. just don't overdo it!

6. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh goodness! Will be thinking about you as you wade through these decisions!

7. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: hopefully you're body will start responding to the meds quickly so you can avoid the c section!

8. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: Hugs! I hope that everything works out.

9. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@dc yoga bee: May mama lurking! Hang in there! I'm hoping to go into labor by Wed to avoid induction, myself. I hope you progress & don't need a C-section.

10. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

They brought the doctor in and thankfully it's my favorite doctor. She said Im having this baby vaginally one way or the other. 3.5cm dilated, 70% effaced, -1 station. She said, "we're going to have a coming to Jesus moment. I need to rupture your membranes because I can feel a bulging bag of waters. And it's going to hurt, but you're having a baby." It was uncomfortable but wasn't as bad as I thought. All this warm liquid came out, now I'm feeling contractions. She said no pitocin yet, she doesn't think I'll need it!

11. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@dc yoga bee: Good luck mama! You'll get there. Fellow August mommy to be (for a second time) wishing you a speedy delivery. You can do it!

12. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: yay!!! So glad things are moving along!!! You're getting soooo close!!

13. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@dc yoga bee: so glad to hear things are progressing and your doctor was so supportive and awesome!

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: eeek so exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

15. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: Hopefully breaking your water is all the push your body needs!

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Thinking of you!!

17. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@dc yoga bee: Hope it's going well and moving right along!!

18. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Thinking of you and hoping you have that baby in your arms soon. Hang in there!

19. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@dc yoga bee: Sending good thoughts your way! Hope all is progressing well.

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

She's here!!!!!

At 2:20, the doctor ruptured my membranes, and broke my water as a last ditch effort before calling it quits and doing a c-section. Within 5 minutes contractions came fast and furiously. An hour after that I was asking for an epidural. They started the pitocin at a level 2. The epidural was perfect at the baseline, so I didn't even need to give myself another dose of medication. This would prove important later so that I could feel the pressure of the contractions, and know when to push. At 6:20, I was 10cm fully dialated, effaced, and ready to push!! I labored down until 9, to allow her head to further engage.

Maya was born 5/24/15 at 9:53 after about 45 minutes of pushing. She weighs 5 lb 14 oz. Way smaller than estimated! It was the most calming experience I have ever experienced. My husband watched the birth when he previously said he had no interest, and even cut the cord. The only pain I experienced was the intense pressure when she was crowning. They were all impressed how fast it all went, and said I was a great pusher. I was worried would I love her, and as soon as they put this little girl on my chest, any worry or doubt went away! And she is nursing like a boss! They said she is a natural! I was so on the fence about breastfeeding, but went into it with an open mind, and it's been great!

Also, I complained about "baby friendly" and the whole rooming in, and skin to skin business, but I have absolutely loved it. I love that she's sleeping right next to me, and the skin to skin we did for an hour literally soothed her the instant they put her on my chest!

21. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@dc yoga bee: you are amazing!! Congratulations, she is beautiful.

22. Irishmom

cherry / 236 posts

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@dc yoga bee: Congratulations! She's beautiful!

24. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dc yoga bee: Congratulations! She's beautiful! So glad to hear that everything went well!

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: congratulations!!! She is beautiful! Way to hang in there mama'

26. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@dc yoga bee: Congrats! She is so beautiful and it sounds like you did an amazing job!

27. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@dc yoga bee: congrats! She is beautiful and love her name!

28. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@dc yoga bee: congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!!!

29. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: congrats!! So glad that she's here!!

30. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@dc yoga bee: Congratulations!!! Enjoy those newborn snuggles!

31. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: She is beautiful! And look at all the hair! Love her name too!

32. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@dc yoga bee: congratulations! She looks like a little doll! So much hair Enjoy every minute of it, she's perfect!

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: OMG congrats!! What a beautiful little girl!!

34. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

Congratulations, she's beautiful!

35. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Congrats mamma! She's perfect

36. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

@ dc yoga bee: Congratulations! She is beautiful!

I feel a little guilty for totally falling off the June birth board - buying a house and going through some transitions at work totally stole my attention - but hoping to be able to post a story on here soon. Baby girl is definitely moving down, tons of pressure in my lower abdomen and cervix all the time, and I'm just feeling super ready to get this show on the road. As of last check one week ago I was 1-2 cm dilated, doc didn't say how effaced. How is everyone else doing?

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@dc yoga bee: She's beautiful! Congratulations, mama!

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: ahh congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you!! She's here! Now enjoy your time together!

39. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Congratulations, @dc yoga bee: ! She's beautiful and I love her name!

40. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@dc yoga bee: omg, what a sweet pea!! Congrats, mama, & great job!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee