Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2012 Babies, Part II

1. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@regberadaisy: Can I please learn to plan ahead like you?! Well, since you and I are on similar schedules (similar baby birthday, similar anniversary years, etc) maybe I can just always mooch off your planning. I am quite sure already that it is you who saved Nico from my usual last-minute-ness with Halloween.

2. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@cvbee: agree. I notice with M too that as long as she gets an hour for the first nap she is really good the rest of the day. If she gets less than that she usually is a demon child that day!

3. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@cvbee: HAHHAHA mooch away girlfriend! I'll crack the whip

And re: Halloween costumes. *sadface* My good friend wanted to get M's first costume. Well it came yesterday and she said it's HUGE. Boo. The sizing is 6-12 months.

4. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

@cvbee: She is in daycare during the day, so her last nap is the only one that I can control. Her naps vary so much each day at daycare that some days she has 3 45 min naps and some days she sleeps 3 hours. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

5. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@regberadaisy: too bad, but sounds like it will perhaps fit her next year then? That happened to my friend too but opposite....she has a 10 month old and was given 6-12 month costumes (2, believe it or not) as presents, but they are too small for her giant baby.

PS: the extent to which I protect the first nap: I am in my livingroom in my towel because I am too scared to go up and get dressed (we room-share, so my clothes are in the room with the crib) because it might wake up Nico, who went to bed late last night and therefore needs a long nap today. But he's now been sleeping for almost 2 hours, and I've been in my towel for 1 hour, so I think it is time for me to bite the bullet and sneak up to get dressed.

6. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

Not feeling too hot today. Cobi hasn't slept well since we moved (although his naps have been just fine) and last night was a horror.

He went to bed at 6pm because he skipped his afternoon nap. He woke up crying at 7, I soothed him for a few minutes and laid him back down, cried 2-3 minutes and fell asleep.
    8 pm - awake again. Nursed for 2-3 minutes and back in bed, asleep
    12am - awake. Nursed in bed, 12:30 asleep in bed
    2:45 - awake, nursed and put back in bed. Cried for 30 minutes, asked DH to get him and he ignored me. boo. Nursed again and finally went to sleep.
    7:15 awake for the day.

UGH. I am sooo tired. I feel like I have a newborn all over again. Not cool.

Even though I'm still trying CIO to help with the move, it doesn't seem to be working. He cried for half hour at 3am and didn't go to sleep. The little terd! Also - now that we're in an apt I know others can hear us so I don't want to leave him crying... especially at 3am.

Not sure what to do about his sleep. I try to skip not nursing and he freaks out on me. It is such a comfort thing for him. I tried introducing a lovey many months ago to help with this and he never took to it

7. Mrs. Pen

@regberadaisy: lol yeah even Cobi isn't even in 6-12 mos yet. He isn't ridiculously small, but not big either (averages 20%)

8. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@Coco Bee: maybe with all the changes he is not comfortable with the new place? Sounds like he needs you? Maybe give him a week of nursing and then work on putting him down drowsy again? My thoughts with sleep training is that once they have learned to fall asleep on their own, and are trained, that if they are crying then they really do need you. Last night I was with Nico while he was sleeping and I observed his first wake-up-put-himself-back-to-sleep. He woke up, made a little noise, looked right-left-right-left-right quickly and then settled back to sleep. I imagine that if he looked around and wasn't somewhere familiar he might start crying and need me? But what do I know? Listen to your gut.

PS. Now I'm serious about getting myself dressed.....3-2-1-go!

9. Mrs. Pen

@cvbee: yeah Cobi has done that before too - at our old place, not here. He would wake up but put himself back to sleep.

I have been giving in to the nursing, but this morning when he wouldn't go back to sleep even after nursing I was so tired and frustrated that's why I let him cry.

You're right, I'll probably give it a week of just being patient with him and try again.

We're leaving tomorrow for NY for the weekend so it'll be a double whammy. poor kid.

10. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

Just a quick pop-in...

Another awful night, not as bad as the night before though. Plus I didn't have to work today so I was able to catch his last chunk of sleep and stay in bed until 8:15am. When he came in our bed he slept on his belly and I had like 1/2 a foot to myself!

I don't know why he's been so awful, maybe he's teething? Do babies sleep worse during teething? I've been meaning to pick up those Hyland sleeping tablets but keep forgetting

We're having a playdate here in a few minutes, two of my friends and their babies. One is 10 months and the other is 7 months so Holden will be the youngest but it's fun to see what's to come and how they all interact. I'm sure my phone is about to be filled with lots of cute pictures

11. LAGS

clementine / 916 posts

Page 2 already?!

LO's name: Addison (Addie)
    DOB: May 10
    Due date: May 8 (dr) May 12 (me)
    Key milestones: Smiley, chatty, giggly but not belly laughing, rolling all over the countryside, picking her bum up, beginning to sit hands-free!
    Reminders about me: SAHM, ebf

@Goldilocks1107: I like your train of thought re: A's sleep and development. I think you're so right!

@Cram88: Holden's a little squirt beside your cat, who is amazing btw lol.

@duckduckkristen: That's great news! Good job!

@Winniebee: A used to do a longer stretch before bed. 2hrs awake usually. Somehow it always worked out that she was going down around 7:30. Yesterday and today have been totally off though. We have your weather up here too... yucky day

We had a play date for Addie yesterday. Her friend is 4 months old but wasn't really interacting at all. She LOVED to stare at him! Addie didn't want to miss a thing. She had one nap all day but at least it was an hour long. She also stayed up past 9pm. She woke up at regular time (8am) and has napped a half hour since.... I dunno what's going on. Just as she was becoming predictable in her napping... she's ripped the rug out from under us... again!!

Last night I could.not.sleep. I got to bed around 11:30 and she woke up a little after 2am and I didn't get back to sleep until 5 and of course she woke up minutes after I got back to sleep. I was up another hour and slept off and on until 9. I don't feel too awful (yet) but am worried this might become an issue, shutting my mind off is becoming impossible.

12. lisa1783

apricot / 457 posts

@Goldilocks1107: Everynight when I put Owen to bed, it's a guessing game of when he's next going to wake up. Like you said, the only thing we can control is the schedule leading up to bedtime so I try to keep his bedtime the same every night. One day he'll sleep through the night on a regular basis....I hope!

@cram88: Yes, it's a boppy pillow with a dinosaur slipcover. I tried finding it online but I could only find one on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boppy-Nursing-Breast-Feeding-Pillow-Blue-Green-Dinosaurs-Boy-Girl-Unisex-/150916266334?pt=Feeding&hash=item23234f795e

@CocoBee: I love Cobi's outfit - such a little man and so cute with his owl hat!

@DuckDuckKristen: Liam is such a cutie pie! He looks oh so huggable! Does he have issues with the bottle?

@Cram88: OMG - that's a big cat! Holden looks so small next to it.

@WinnieBee: I agree, Tyler and Holden definitely look like they could be related. I love his little sweater! As for his naptime, he gets up from it around 5:30/6:00 and we usually try to get him back to sleep around 8:30 or 9 but he won't fall asleep until 10 or later. He can stay awake for about 4 hours but gets terribly cranky after the 3rd hour.

I also hate how dreary it's been also but I think it's been helping Owen sleep a little later in the mornings. He's been sleeping in the pack and play in the living room outside our bedroom and the blinds aren't very good so now that it's been staying darker he's been sleeping a little later - thank goodness!

@PasteMoo: Does Gabe have on a Giant's diaper?! So cute! Also, Nationals? I see from your profile pic you're probably in the SF area but are you from the DC area?

@WinnieBee; There's always next year, right? I hear they're firing Bobby V today or tomorrow but why couldn't this have happened months ago?

@BabyNumber1: Love the tutu!

@cvbee: LOL about still not being dressed. I hope you made it in ok but babies have this weird ability to sense you and instantly pop awake whenever you're within 3 feet.

@CocoBee: I'm sorry you had such a rough night! Owen can't go back to sleep without nursing either - it's like he doesn't know how to sleep without food. Have you tried a pacifier or does Cobi not like them? I hope you get a nap in today!

13. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@LAGS: I like how LO compromised by coming at the date between what you and doc thought! ha

@lisa1783: It had been a two hour nap, so I didn't mind if I woke him at that point and it turned out that he already had his eyes open when I got up there....then I got dressed and even got some laundry ready for starting the laundry machine and he still just was laying there without making a sound or wiggling or looking at me; he was just looking out the window (mind you it WAS a pretty cool view, with the fall leaves falling from the trees)...makes me wonder sometimes how long his naps actually are, since I don't have a video monitor and I only go get him when he's talking. Maybe he's a 30 minute napper afterall, and just likes to lay in silence for a while after waking up?!

14. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

Name:Willa
    Birthday: may 14
    due date: may 15
    milestones: sits unassisted, laughs and smiles like crazy, very social, reaches for everyone's face, can scoot on her belly across a room, eating purees and doing modified BLW (unpureed avocado, banana, pears, sweet potato)

Reminders about us: I am working part time out of the home, have a crazy mom that leaves me very frazzled, and occasionally struggle with willas sleep. She is generally pretty good at night but she never naps longer than 40 minutes during the day. She can go up to 5 hours of wake time during the day and not get upset. I ebf, willa doesn't take a bottle.

15. duckduckkristen

clementine / 959 posts

@lisa1783: Liam is not a huge fan of the bottle, but that's probably because we give him one so rarely. When he does take a bottle, he'll only drink 2-3 oz.

16. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

LO's name: Grayson
    DOB: May 2
    Due date: April 26th
    Key milestones: once upon a time he rolled from back to belly, he has since boycotted this. sitting unassisted, smiles, giggly, eating rice cereal/purees
    Reminders about me: work from home 3 days a week, in the office 2 days.

currently me and G are fighting colds/ear infections/upper respratory infections no fun!

17. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@cram88: That is a HUGE cat! Love the food faces. CUTIE!
    @goldilocks: I originally read the title as May 2012 Babes.

I LOVE all the new photos!

@duckduckkristen: So glad to hear you're feeling better!

Re naps: we are struggling with naps and we're lucky if we get any at all. Luckily the nights are much better with only 4 or so wakeups for the last couple weeks.

@winniebee: Oh fun! I think you should do dinner out somewhere nice and maybe even a hotel if you can get someone to stay with T overnight... What a gift it would be to sleep in!

@babynumber1: welcome!

@regberadaisy: Anyway to modify it to fit her?
    I am not buying a costume. Hopefully I eventually make one...

@cocobee: I hope you start getting some better night sleep soon!!
    @lisa1783:I grew up in SF and live near DC (Quantico). The Giants are my longtime team, the Nationals are the only team for whom I've ever held season tickets.

LOL I wish they made MLB diapers. It's an orange gDiaper. I did ask gDiapers (no really, I did. They'll be putting up G's photo on their facebook page when the playoffs start, too) if they would consider working with the MLB franchise and making team diapers. I would buy a Giants one and a Nationals one.

@sarbear: Ugh! Get well soon!

18. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Hey all!

Another weekend is upon us! Anyone doing anything fun? It's a long weekend in Boston so while DH has to round on Saturday and Sunday, he has Monday off. Woot! Today, I'm meeting my mom, sister and her kids at the fair. Tyler slept thru the night last night (8:15-6....)! I'm starting to see that even if his bedtime is a little later he still gets up at the same time each morning (6:30 or so...) Hmmm.

@sarbear: Feel better soon!

19. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@pastemoo: @winniebee: Thanks. it's definitely no fun taking care of a sick baby when you aren't feeling great!

@winniebee: i've noticed the same this with G. if he goes to bed any time between 8-9 he still wakes up 6:30-7...wish he slept more but...at least he's sleeping

when G had his impromtu 5 month appointment(s)(ugh copays!) he is up 3/4 of an inch and about a pound and a half from his 4 month appointment. he's now 27.25 inches and 18lbs 1oz. he's such a solid 'little' boy. my little beast as i call him :o)

i'm hoping to relax this weekend since i'm not feeling well! i'm supposed to go to breakfast with a few friends tomorrow, but one of them is preggers and i'd rather not get her sick!!!! and then dinner at the IL's on sunday.......

20. winniebee

@sarbear: Wow that's a huge jump!!!! You have your "little beast" and I have my "peanut"!

21. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

@pastemoo: Well, we really are the May 2012 Babes

I took yesterday off work - had a floating holiday to burn by the end of the year. And sent Audrey to daycare. I slept until 10am - it was amazing. I was in such a good mood, and now am starting to wonder if my issue was more like @pastemoo and was sleep deprivation than PPD. But the combo of sleep and Prozac made me one happy lady all day. Now, if I could just get 300 more of those . . .

@winniebee: DH's nephew's 2nd birthday party is this weekend. So we'll be doing that. And my mom and I are going to a spa to get a foot scrub today (some sort of LivingSocial deal). I'm also hoping to order a bunch of baby-proofing items. I'd like to have the living room ready to go for whenever Audrey becomes mobile.

22. duckduckkristen

clementine / 959 posts

As long as nothing else goes wrong, the kitchen will be 100% completely done on Tuesday! We are waiting for a filler piece to come on Monday that will be installed Tuesday. It's been 5 weeks already, so I'm so ready for this project to be done so my house (and my life) can go back to normal. DH is already talking about the next major project though - putting a second floor on the pool house so his parents have their own space, which would hopefully encourage them to come more often!

Other than that, no news to report and nothing exciting this weekend. Here's a panorama of the kitchen (thanks, iOS 6, haha).

23. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@winniebee: your little peanut is sooooo adorable! all I've got to say though is, any future children can be too much of peanuts because I don't think I'd know what to do with a small baby lol and it's weird because all my nieces and nephews were/are tiny and then we've got mine lol and me and DH are very average sized.

24. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@lisa1783: Ahhh I love it! I wish I had seen this when I was pregnant!

@sarbear: Aww, I hope you guys feel better soon

@winniebee: Happy weekend! The fair sounds fun, we haven't gone to any this year sadly. That's awesome that your husband has a day off, it must be hard to deal with his schedule...I couldn't imagine! Today I am baking a cake (I'm pretty into cake decorating) because we are celebrating one of my best friend's birthday tomorrow. We are all going to go to a local corn maze then having dinner. That's about the extent of exciting for my weekend!

@Goldilocks1107: Your day yesterday sounds amazing... I hope you can get a lot more of those!

@duckduckkristen: Your kitchen looks great! Very jealous over here!

25. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

I see sun and blue skies, can't remember the last time that happened

Holden took one half hour nap and one 10 minute nap yesterday! He's too nosey to go to sleep while his friends were here. He didn't sleep too horrible though and let me sleep in until about 9am so I feel pretty good. I'm baking my best friend a birthday cake today, I'm really into cake decorating so I'm hoping it comes out good since I haven't done one in a while!

Hope everyone got decent amounts of sleep last night

26. Goldilocks1107

clementine / 878 posts

I have avocado thawing in the fridge - we're ready to give solids a try tomorrow! The rice cereal experiments indicate the tongue thrust reflex is gone. And she was really interested in my oatmeal the other day.

27. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@sarbear: Huge little G babies!
    @winniebee: Nothing interesting this weekend, DH is working.
    @Goldilocks1107: Have fun at the birthday party!
    And woo hoo avocado!
    @duckduckkristen: Looks wonderful!
    @cram88: You slept till 9am? I haven't done that since... March? February?

So last night was horrendous--he was up every 1-2 hours all night long. 7:30, 8:30, 9:30, 12, 2, 4, 5:30 and finally up at 6 40 ( I actually got back in bed because he looked like he was going back to sleep. Nope). Hope it was a fluke.
    More bleeding gums and cranky baby stuff today but he actually took a morning nap!!

28. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

Thanks for the new thread - 45 pages was intimidating, May Mamas are quite prolific at about a page a day still. I am going to really try to keep up more!

Recap:
    LO's name: Lucinda, but we call her Lulu
    DOB: May 4
    Due date: May 11
    Key milestones: trying to sit, rolling like crazy from back to tummy (but not the other way yet), loves practicing standing when she is in a good mood, scoots around and trying to get that big butt up, smiling, laughing.
    Reminders about me: NYC based, lawyer, back at work since August, in a nanny share with neighbors, EBF still but wanting to introduce formula soon.

@pastemoo: we are using gDiapers too and loved them. just moved to mediums. although we mostly use the disposable inserts. do you use the cloth inserts? Also, what's this about FB? Can I join? I have been around a long time, I am wedding bee old school.

@winniebee: Lulu usually stays awake her longest stretch after her last nap. She can go up to 4 hours between last nap and bedtime. I find she does well when the time between naps increases throughout the day. So two hours after her first nap, three hours after her middle nap and up to four hours after her last nap. But, we all go to sleep pretty late. She is in bed around 8:30. I know we will need to make that a little earlier eventually but it works for us now. Last night she slept from 8:45 to 6:45, then woke up to eat and went back to sleep from 730 to 9.

Here's a recent picture:

29. winniebee

@Goldilocks1107: Sounds like a fabulous day yesterday! I definitely feel a million times better about life when I'm rested...during our "glory week" where T slept long stretches every night, I was so so happy!

@duckduckkristen: Wow, your kitchen looks amazing!

@cram88: We went to Topsfield! It was nothing like Deerfield (much smaller) but still lots of fun. Hope your cake came out well! That is NO napping, ahah! If we are in a new location or at a party or something, there's just NO way Tyler will nap. Not a chance. Though he did fall asleep in his stroller at the fair today.

@pastemoo: Oh boy bleeding gums? From teething? Hope you get loooots of rest tonight.

@shortcake: I'm not sure I ever knew you are a lawyer too! How's life back at work? I"m totally dreading it... That's a long awake stretch at the end of the day - impressive that she can do it without cranking! Cute picture - she has so much hair!

I took a chance tonight and put Tyler down at 7:30 even though he was last awake at 6. He just seemed cranky. During bedtime routine he was WIDE awake. Also didn't eat much before bed (again). Also, I had been noticing that he is waking up around 7 (ehem or 6 today) regardless of when I put him down, so I think it's only fair to get him a little more sleep, esp. when his daytime naps are not great. Like last night, he slept 8:15-6 but then never went back to sleep. That's not quite 10 hours and certainly not enough overnight sleep for him. We'll see how tonight goes!

30. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@winniebee: did he go down well even though he was wide awake at bedtime routine?

31. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@shortcake: We moved to mediums at 8 weeks! We got SO little use out of the smalls! I swear we used the newborn size for longer. With the newborns we used the flushies exclusively, with the smalls it was part flushies part CD, and now it's pretty much full time CD in the mediums (with the system I've finally got set up it's just easier!)
    Re: Facebook, we've been on here more actively together for over a year now (the core May Mamas). Be on the lookout for an invite when you've been actively keeping up with us for a little while longer. Since all our info is visible to the May Mamas there we're a little more protective of our identities for that. Don't worry we will let you know when the time comes.
    @winniebee: Good luck with bedtime! And yes, G's gums are bleeding. I am a little worried he is cutting them with his nails. (I SWEAR I cut them every 2 days but I am starting to think his constant hand eating means he cuts up his gums.)
    Mmm Glory Week. Sounds nice. Come back Glory Week!

32. winniebee

@cvbee: he did! He cried a little more than usual buy no more than a few minutes. Usually he is awake 2 hrs befroe bedtime too.

33. Rainbow Sprinkles

eggplant / 11287 posts

I have been following this thread daily, I just don't have the time to post since my laptop is broken and it is so hard to reply on my phone.
    @duckkristen, your kitchen is incredible. And you have a pool? And a pool house? I say may mommas meet up at your place! Haha just kidding (mostly).

@shortcake: I don't know if I remember seeing a picture of your little girl yet? she is so cute! Love her face!

So little girl is really sick still. I feel so bad for her...she has a lot of trouble breathing through her nose and she has a lot of drainage going down her throat which makes he cough a lot. She is having a lot of trouble sleeping because her breathing isn't great or the coughing wakes her up. needless to say the past couple nights have been rough. Other than that, she is in a super great mood. During the day she is literally out of control. She is so mobile and so hyperactive.
    Today she figured out how to get to the other side of the room where her toys were (she scoots around on the hardwoods, it is easier since they are slippery). And when we are holding her she is just all wiggles...rolling while we are holding her, kicking her feet, arching her back. she just wants to move! I swear that the only thing that makes her laugh nowadays is rough housing....she kind of likes us to throw her around a bit. I have a feeling she is going to be one wild little girl. Already I feel my hair turning gray!

She has been all about solids the past two days. but oh my goodness her poop has been nasty! I was not prepared for that!

This is totally off topic but what fall shows are you guys following? We are watching sons of anarchy, parenthood, and that revolution show (but I don't know if I like it).

Oh, and lately willa is all about nursing to sleep. Not good, I know. But it is so convenient.

34. winniebee

@cvbee: Last night's strategy worked out just fine - he slept 7:30-3:30, then 4-6, then cooed in his crib for 45 minutes in the dark (seems boring to me, but whatever), then I fed him when he got cranky then he slept from 7-7:40. So, actually more sleep than the night before when he slept 8:15-6. My theory proved true - he likes to wake at 6 lately regardless of when I put him down.

@Mrsdaredevil: Sorry Willa has been so sick. Poor nugget. When you describe her activities she sounds 2 months older than Tyler, not 4 days! He still only rolls occasionally, doesn't sit on his own, and certainly doesn't scoot! He's active in his own way though - kicks and plays and loves laying on the floor and is very very nosy. Yeah, the sweet potato poops were....orangey and smelled like sweet potato. Gross!

@pastemoo: Woah, scratching his gums?? I bet it's teething!

Question for all - lately T has been waking at 6, but not crying or complaining. He lays in his bed and coos and plays with his sleep sack for like 30-45 minutes before he complains. I thought / keep thinking he'll fall back asleep but he doesn't until I feed him. After I feed him, he'll fall asleep for another 40 mins or even an hour. Should I go and feed him when he starts cooing so that he falls asleep sooner? Thinking when we start daycare in a few weeks, I'll have to so that he's up in time to leave the house?

35. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@winniebee: I would leave him to chill if that's what he likes. Nico does that. Sometimes if we're on a deadline, I get him up right away instead of leaving him for quiet time and he doesn't seem to mind either way. It's like, back before baby times, I used to love to just lay in bed on Saturday morning.

36. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

@winniebee: I usually leave Holden until he starts crying. I figure that being up a little while happy will tire him out more and he'll sleep later/longer than if I just went in and fed him automatically. I assume that he's more ready to go back to sleep when he's crying than when he's happy. I do that at every wake-up during the night!

37. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

I think every night just keeps getting worse. We're being paid back for having such a good sleeper in the beginning I think. I don't know if it's sleep regression but I just can't help thinking every night that I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I've been home with Holden for a few days now and I notice that minus a few exceptions I can get him down for all his naps easily except the last one before bedtime, sometimes I just give up! I don't know if that last nap is what's throwing us off at night. Time for a nap right now! Hope everyone has a good weekend

38. duckduckkristen

clementine / 959 posts

@winniebee: Liam does the same thing, like today I woke up at 8am and Liam usually wakes up at 7 so I went to check on him and he was awake and smiling, but not making a peep! I'd say do whatever works for you.

What a day we are having here!!! AF returned - I've been cranky and nauseous the last couple days and now I know why. I want to scream every time my husband touches me and want to punch him every time he speaks! I've been holding back though. Lol. Plus every time I nurse the past couple days it puts me in a really bad mood for a few minutes. Crazy hormones.

AND we have a biter! I had trouble getting Liam down for his last nap because his teeth must have been hurting him (he kept grabbing at his lower gums) so then I was nursing him when he woke up and wasn't paying attention and he bit me! It caught me off guard so I screamed and of course that made Liam cry. Poor thing. After that I watched him like a hawk while he nursed, but he kept biting! I pushed his face into my breast like you are supposed to, but then he'd just go back to sucking for a bit and bite again! Tried switching breasts, he kept biting! So I gave up. Now he is happily playing. He may be getting bottles the rest of the day.

39. winniebee

@cram88: Oh dear. Maybe try to work on his naps for a few days - I find that when Tyler naps poorly (ie, 4 30 minute jobbers) he does not sleep as well at night. He needs at least one long nap a day and right now I'm doing whatever I can to give that to him (car ride, swing nap, etc).

@duckduckkristen: Booooo to AF returning but now you can TTC for #2! Silver lining!

Wow, guys. Tyler just went down for his morning nap without a single cry. He moaned for maybe 1 minute then just fell asleep! No bottle before bed, just our newish routine (as of 1 week ago..) - book, diaper change, lay in crib and put on sleep sack and listen to mobile music, turn off lights and turn on sound machine, sit with mommy in rocker and rock for two Twinkle Twinkle renditions. Now, let's see how long he sleeps!

40. winniebee

Uuuuh just checked on T who woke up after 40 minutes...and he's on his stomach in his crib. So apparently he learned how to roll back to belly today!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee