Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@blackbird: Good luck! Hoping for a quick and easy induction!

2. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: good luck! Come on T!

3. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: Hope everything goes smooth and safe! Will be thinking about you!

4. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

Hi ladies! I am slowly starting to progress (which is perfect )... Had a cervical check today at my appt & I'm 50% effaced, 1cm dilated after last week just having a "super soft" cervix. Eeek! I could use 1 more week to get ready, so hope the progression continues, but slowly.

5. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Good luck!!! Come on Baby T

6. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

They put an IV in and are doing labs to see what induction method and meds to put me on

7. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: that all sounds promising! Glad you had a good appointment and cervical check!

8. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Right!!!! I am getting this baby out before the next induction attempt or atleast getting my cervix as prepped as possible.
    So far I'm trying...
    EPO
    raspberry leaf tea
    bouncing on the ball
    breast pump
    sex
    clary sage oil
    pressure point massage
    pineapple
    spicy food
    walking
    squats

Anyone else got any suggestions? My midwife swears by rubbing semen on the inside of your cheek....say wwwwwwhhhat?! Not too sure about that.

9. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Mrs squirreld: my midwife suggested popping open an EPO capsule and putting the oil on the penis for ...more direct application to the cervical area...
    I think PrincessBaby and others have used their breast pumps.

10. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs squirreld: castor oil? Lol

11. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Sounds like you're trying most of them!! Have you had your membranes stripped yet? Hmm, what else have I heard of... accupuncture, suma walking, castor oil, papaya, mango, chinese food.

12. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@MsHangry: lol...that makes sense. @BabyPenguinXO: I really don't think I can do castor oil...but come sunday night I may get that desperate. Lol.
    @Mrs. Lovejoy: is that the same as a stretch and sweep? Then yes.

The breast pump and clary sage give me tightenings straight away so that is hopefully some progress.

13. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I think princessbaby had a lot of success with castor oil, right? I went out and bought some after her thread but I haven't worked up the nerve to use it yet. Still no progress here, and I have an appointment tomorrow where we'll schedule an induction. Bummer. It really feels like she just will never come out.

14. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@kick641: she was already dilated a fair bit I think though when it worked...I need to help my cervix more I think.

15. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: yeah I think she was like a 3 and used it in combination with the breastpump

16. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Ugh I really won't bother then. Still a big fat zero. I hope all your extra work pays off! I've been using my birthing ball, taking stairs all day and eating lots of spicy food. I'm pretty sure none of it is doing anything but it makes me feel less frustrated with the situation. If you think something is working be sure to report back! I'm hoping one of us will have a report for the labor topic soon!

17. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@Mrs squirreld: @kick641: good luck ladies! Hope you progress & get to the real thing here soon!

18. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I'm super duper crampy today. I wish there was a way to make this progress into something more! Come on little girl!

19. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@kick641: @Mrs squirreld: @jetsa: Yes - I was dilated to a 3 and like 60% effaced. I had my 3rd membrane strip on the day before and did have my first red blood mucus (I guess it was bloody show) that morning. I probably would have been in labor in the next few days, but I did a little of the castor oil (totally had a normal BM and nothing painful or explosive lol) and then kind of started having super mild contractions within the couple of hours after. I started pumping for like 20 mins, and 20-30 min breaks in between. I think I pumped either 2 or 3 times and the contractions started being a lot more noticeable. It didn't take long after that for it to get crazy...I called the on-call ob at around 7:45 and she told me to just go to L&D and let them check me out, mainly because I had been a 3 the day before. I was not in any real pain at that point, just noticed super mild period pains coming and going. I was SURE it was nothing since it didn't really hurt. We left the house by 8:20 and I was uncomfortable enough that I was pretty sure it was the real deal. By 8:30 I was holding onto the handles on the roof of my car, the one above the window, just to get through the pain of the contraction. They checked me in and got me in a room around 9, and I was basically screaming by that point. They checked me and I was only 3.5, but it was REALLY painful for the check, so they didn't check me again until after the epidural was in since I was a screaming, writhing mess from the contractions. I had my epidural at 10:30, after 90 mins of horrific pain, and they checked me right after and I was a 9/9.5. They told me to rest and then they'd re-check me and get me to push, but the cord was wrapped around her neck and her heart rate kept dropping, so they tried a couple of times to switch my position to get her more stable, but they couldn't, so they went ahead and got the team in there for me to push. I pushed the first time, and I kind of thought it was a practice push, and the dr was like "Head's out!" and then I pushed one more time and she was out. I was holding her before midnight. I took the castor oil around 4pm I think. It was so surreal!

So that was my recipe to get it moving. And once it did, it got moving FAST And now I have a 3 week old:)

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Oh and just to note- my OB didn't seem to have any concerns about meconium due to castor oil when I asked her about it at my last appt. Then I read that women who are overdue are more at risk for meconium, for whatever reason. And that's where the association came from for castor oil to cause meconium, because the women who were taking castor oil were usually overdue and making one last desperate attempt to avoid an induction.

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: thank you for the indepth details I'm at work but have my breastpump here and a stupid webinar to watch at lunch so I may have to at least try that before my appt this afternoon.

22. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I read that the intervals are more effective, I'm not sure why. But pumping for 15-20 and then taking a break and doing it again seemed to be more recommended over just pumping for like half an hour or something. Good luck!

23. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Lurker here but I had acupressure done late in the afternoon on Friday and went into labour the next day!

24. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: random question, but when you pumped did you actually produce milk? or was it dry? I feel like no milk might hurt a little?

25. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: no milk, just a teeny bit of colostrum here and there. I have the Medela Freestyle and I turned the level down a notch from whatever it's auto set on. That made it much better...

26. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Just had my last appointment before tomorrow's surgery. I am a MESS today. It was so much easier last time when it was an emergency c-section and I didn't have time to think. My son's poor teacher this morning said "Good luck tomorrow" and I literally burst into tears on the spot. Ah hormones. I also had an ultrasound this morning to check in on a potential kidney issue they've been monitoring and the tech (who didn't realize I was scheduled for a c-section) said "Wow, this baby is in perfect position for an easy delivery." Um, great thanks Unfortunately her brother wasn't quite so cooperative 2.5 years ago!

27. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Aww I completely understand. These late pregnancy hormones are no joke! On the bright side, it's good that babe looks great! I hope that your c-section goes wonderfully. Can't wait to see pictures of the new babe!

@PrincessBaby: That makes sense! I was thinking about pumping these next few days just to get my body to start thinking about getting the milk ready, but it's nice to know that it might help kickstart labor too! I just didn't want it to be so painful that its not worth it.

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thanks! I know people have c-sections every day, but I was so hopeful (aka, delusional) I'd somehow have a magical VBAC even though none of the doctors were going to allow it. Oh well!

29. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: just use some lanolin before you pump!! Lube is key for any pumping excursion ! Lol

30. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Phew that's good to know! I definitely wouldn't have.

@SeptMomma12: makes total sense. But at least you know what to expect and you'll get a beautiful baby out of it!

31. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@SeptMomma12: hugs, mama!

i'm a week away from my due date and so anxious to meet this guy. final trimester hormones are gnawing away at me and i'm constantly wondering how #2 will differ from my first.

32. blackbird

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I pumped for a week before I was induced! Dunno that it did anything, as I was 2 and 50% effaced when she sent me to labor and delivery, but I AM off to a good start with production in the hospital!

33. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: I don't remember for sure, but did you have some struggles with BFing with your first? I did but likely related to being a preemie and I couldn't figure out how to stop the routine of breast, bottle, pump. Anyways, just wanted to say our BFing journey has been a breeze this time even with a 35 weeker! So I hope yours goes the same!!

34. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: yes! E had pulmonary hypertension (born at 41 weeks) and couldn't breathe well, was in the nicu for a week, and got VERY comfy with bottles, so we could never get her to latch. I attempted to EP and it did not pan out! So this is basically a first time around thing for me.

Hasn't been a total breeze over here BUT the LC said that he is a perfect nurser. I do have some damage already so they got me some special nipple cream. I have to pump the right side for 24 hours to let it heal. He also has a deep and short frenulum that she doesn't think is a problem but the pediatrician will take a look and see. I'm nervous to go home tomorrow and lose all the breastfeeding help! It's been absolutely amazing having people on staff 24/7. Just bummed I'm already having SO much pain. Some nurses say it's normal, some say it isn't, then we finally get an LC in and she's like "aw hell naw".

35. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

36. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: weird! I had some bruised and cracked nipples but they healed in under 10 days. Everyone in my mommy groups says that is totally normally as long as the latch is good! They were healed by day 10 and everything was smooth from there on out by day 6/7 they already hurt a lot less!

37. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: I had some nipple soreness for sure the first time but my LO wasn't latching deep enough if that makes sense. She was latching pretty much right around the nipple and I didn't know that I needed to stick way more boob in her mouth to preserve the nipple. But if he is latching with enough of the boob in his mouth, then I am no help!

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: we had pain for 4 months last time. He had a great latch etc no idea what caused it. It magically disappeared so I think it was just his mouth size but he tore me up in the first 2 weeks so that took some time to heal as well

39. blackbird

@BabyPenguinXO: @PrincessBaby: @jetsa: oh this was more than soreness. It was toe curling pain and I wanted to toss him off me lol. And it's needle like pain throughout the whole session, not just the latch. I can get him on deep enough, though. It's hard to mentally psyche myself out for each session, though. I told DH I need a stress ball to squeeze on when he latches at home! The cream already has helped my left side so much

40. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: oh wow! That doesn't sound fun I hope everything works out better!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee